• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Blu3r

Smash Cadet
favorite dmx song: Who We Be : ) he needs to get his mind right. go back to coke instead of crack :) people said he made his best music high off coke lol.

i'm gonna have to check out more alchemist. i don't really like his raps that much though =X

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Yeah, I don't check Alchemist for his lyrics, just his sound and vibe.

lol I know practically every Joey ad lib.

Blu3r

Smash Cadet
hmmm i'm gonna have to post more ice cube songs. it kind of upset that so many people in that other hip-hop thread thought he wasn't a legend >__>

Ice Cube - Wrong N**** to F*** wit - Listen to it :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ScLW8RiFLE

on another note, i'm really lookin forward to the great escape. most anticipated rap album. next is distant relatives. I don't really know what else is supposed to be dropping this year.

ah yeah. n9ne, you know any joey tracks that weren't on his album? i downloaded all of them (i'm working my way towards buying them :)) but i know i'm missing some tracks because i have like 4 that i can't place anywhere.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Which album you talking about?

This year he's dropped:

Money's On Me
R.I.P.
Keep On
Hate Me
40/40 [feat. Royce Da 5'9"]
Downfall

I got like 280+ Joey tracks lol

Blu3r

Smash Cadet
Which album you talking about?

This year he's dropped:

Money's On Me
R.I.P.
Keep On
Hate Me
40/40 [feat. Royce Da 5'9"]
Downfall

I got like 280+ Joey tracks lol
nonono lol. i mean tracks that weren't on any of his albums. i downloaded all his albums, but i know there's a few tracks that weren't on any albums. just random shiz i'm guessing.
right now, I have"
Joe Budden
Mood Muzik 1,2 & 3
Padded Room
Halfway House
The Album Before The Album
I Am Back
Lost Sessions Mixtape

I thought i had everything but there's random songs i be hearin that i haven't heard on any of these albums :grrr:

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
You're missing Escape Route...

Then there's Growth of a Legend....like 12 Cds of material lol. That's where your random songs are probably from.

Blu3r

Smash Cadet
lol forgot to mention that one......currently looking for this growth of a legend

but i'm kidna just lookin for joey from 05 and up. not really feelin his first album...

Blu3r

Smash Cadet
oooo good ****. downloading right now : ). i hope most of this stuff has new tracks instead of old tracks on different mixtapes.

i'm not too big a fan of jay. i like some of his music but **** sure not enough to download his library >_>

now, if you can find nas's library of a legend.......... 0_0

Blu3r

Smash Cadet
lol that's what i meant. i hate when i'll download 2 different albums but both have **** near the exact same songs on them.

hmmmmmm didn't know nas did songs wit 50...

Blu3r

Smash Cadet
aight. i'm pissed that my colts just lost. somebody post some aggressive music! lol

Blu3r

Smash Cadet
those are actually pretty good. but i can't remember where i've heard the beat from the first song from......>_>

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
I'm no longer banned!!!! :chuckle:

on another note

Blu is the best west coast rapper i've heard in a WHILE. it's too bad his other albums are kinda ****ty. his mixtapes and his first album are dope though : ).

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
and this song by DirtBagDan is cool to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E-J5B1EdTU
The first time I saw DBD it was in a battle against my boy Soul Khan. Dude was hilarious, and I know Amish people who have beards that can't even touch his.

I'm late as ****, had the Cudi CD lying around for months, unopened. Listened to it for the first time yesterday, pretty good.

But heavy rotation album right now = Panacea - Ink is My Drink

jugfingers

Smash Champion
those are actually pretty good. but i can't remember where i've heard the beat from the first song from......>_>
the first song was from a weathermen album where they took a bunch of mainstream beats and rhymed over them for lols I guess. there was one beat on the album that rjd2 produced for them but I think the rest they stole you'll probably recognize these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds8YAjS0vdw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rorS...912E04B5&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=11

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
O:

HMW i just have to say, that youre the best to ever do melee commentary, and your doc is hella legit. i am a HUGE fan! :D
thank you man, i really appreciate that :)

true. make sure you cop So(ul) Amazin Mixtape 1 : ).

check out Fashawn! he's another dude exile produced for. he has a pretty chilled out tone to his tracks.

Fashawn - Life As a Shorty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdrEIIRVZ9g ---> click the link!
alrite for sure, ill do that

The first time I saw DBD it was in a battle against my boy Soul Khan. Dude was hilarious, and I know Amish people who have beards that can't even touch his.

I'm late as ****, had the Cudi CD lying around for months, unopened. Listened to it for the first time yesterday, pretty good.

But heavy rotation album right now = Panacea - Ink is My Drink
LOL yea that battle is too good

Soul Khan is the ****

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Hey guys, a few of us are trying to put together a "hip hop tier list" (of all-time) and we have a social group for the judges but we only have 5 right now.

If you want in, just VM me or post here. I'll probably let you in if you haven't said something ridiculous like "ok mah top 3 is drake lil wayne kanye".

Jane

Smash Hero
thank you man, i really appreciate that :)
fosho! seriously the first time i watched the famous ss vs wobbles set (which was also the first time i heard you) i laughed so incredibly hard.

i think it was phil that said this, but still, favorite quote of the entire set

"lets see if popo could hang!"

haha im done im done i promise :laugh:
Hey guys, a few of us are trying to put together a "hip hop tier list" (of all-time) and we have a social group for the judges but we only have 5 right now.

If you want in, just VM me or post here. I'll probably let you in if you haven't said something ridiculous like "ok mah top 3 is drake lil wayne kanye".
thats gonna hard but i am down!

jugfingers

Smash Champion

i'd be down, my top tier is probably a little more underground than most of the judges but its a interesting idea

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Sure, spicing things up is alright as long as it's not ridiculous. :)

Looking forward to all the sets that our judges will post! We have 8 now but only 2 lists have been posted.

Top Bottom