• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
that Skyzoo line

too many rappers not enough mics
too many is rapping not enough is nice.

anyone listen to Evidence?

anyone hear the new Joey tracks?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
anyone hear the new Joey tracks?
Dude's starting off this year so well. TGE is gonna be classic.

Btw: One of my favorite lines:...the whole second verse of "Wordsmith". You can pick whichever lines you want and it'll be one of my favorites. So clever.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
i like funk i just dont know where to find good funk.

recommend me some artists/albums?
Funkadelic's album Maggot Brain is a good place to start. Anything by Funkadelic (P-Funk) is great. Or, if you're looking for more pop funk, there's Earth Wind and Fire

Herbie Hancock is like funk/jazz fusion, but more funk focused and just tight as hell.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Yeah Joe's started this year in a good way.

@IAmBlu3 you heard More Grey Hairs? Is it as good as Grey Hairs?

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
lol @ switched avatar. I haven't listened to it yet. I heard a couple of tracks but haven't listened to the whole thing just yet. I doubt it's better though. Grey Hairs is pretty much a classic imo. I'm still on my search to find some more classic albums. No doubt the Great Escape should easily jump into that list.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Bow wow is a rap ***** man, he jump from label to label looking for people to write for him. I knew when he got signed to cash money he would start sounding like wayne(and drake)

Sad kid

Jane

Smash Hero
Funkadelic's album Maggot Brain is a good place to start. Anything by Funkadelic (P-Funk) is great. Or, if you're looking for more pop funk, there's Earth Wind and Fire

Herbie Hancock is like funk/jazz fusion, but more funk focused and just tight as hell.
thank you

P-Funk is the greatest of all time. Also check out James Brown.
thank you (also, i should definitely download some james brown lol)

jane, try digable planets
thank you

:D

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
Good pick.

@Jane: Get "cool like that" (most famous digable planets song). Also get some James Brown for sure.
thank you. yeah Rebirth of Slick (Cool like Dat) is the song and is a pretty good starting point as he said. it's off the album Reachin' (a new refutation of time and space)
They won a grammy for that in 1994 i believe
tell me how you like it, especially butterfly

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
When I first heard of Slaughterhouse I thought they were literally going to blow me away with every track.

The album was ok for what it was. It was made in 6 days or something I think.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i bought that **** too lol. i liked about 2 tracks from it. Didn't like how they sampled a track from padded room to make a beat. It just seemed so lazy lol. But Microphone and Sound Off were good. next time, they should put more time into it. Too much talent to be making "Ok" albums.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
how do u guys feel about the new school heads? Drake, Cudi, Asher, B.o.B mostly.. I'm honestly a big fan of all of them. some of Drakes stuff is beat tho but songs like "fear" or "say whats real" make me fans all over again lol

Suspect

Smash Hero
Drake aint nothing but another wayne

Kid Cudi is wack, way over rated

Not feelin Asher really

Never heard of B.o.B

call me a hater i guess...

Boofy!

Smash Champion
@Suspect- I can see how u can say that about drake, but he does make insightful music from time to time, see "fear" or "say what's real"..

Cudi is great i would go as far as to say he had the best debut in 2009, really strong album only thing he should work on is his lyricism cause dude has some weak *** bars sometimes..

Asher makes fun music, really all i can say about that.

and B.o.B is prolly the most talented out of all of em, dude can sing and play every instrument known to man.. he just sucks at gettin himself heard

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Drake = Overrated. Don't like majority of his music.

Kid CuDi = meh. I like his music, but lyrically......not impressed one bit.

Asher Roth = sucks. Tried to sound like a conscious rapper when he came out, but then went on his "Guys just wanna have fun" tip and made I Love College.

B.o.B = He's alright lol.

E3_

Smash Apprentice
Drake aint nothing but another wayne

Kid Cudi is wack, way over rated

Not feelin Asher really

Never heard of B.o.B

call me a hater i guess...
Your wrong about saying that he is another wayne. Drake and Wayne are different. The only thing i can say about them being alike is that they both have good lyrics IN MY WORDS

KID CUDI is straight at best. Il listen to him(SOLO DOLO)

NEVER HEARD OF B.O.B EITHER(NO DISRESPECT)

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
lol dude, if you listen to mostly wayne and drake, I expect you to not think they're overrated. What lines have drake said that would make you think he has good lyrics? he really has never said anything that impressed me. His punchlines and metaphors are too simple for my preference.

E3_

Smash Apprentice
lol dude, if you listen to mostly wayne and drake, I expect you to not think they're overrated. What lines have drake said that would make you think he has good lyrics? he really has never said anything that impressed me. His punchlines and metaphors are too simple for my preference.
Well i see what separate the differences between me and you. I like when rappers make a catchy metaphor and punch line. So imma end it here and say that this is all opinion that me and you are saying about drake:)

Top Bottom