• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Colonel Cuddles

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah thats most of them, I knew it was getting bad when I heard Not Afraid ringtones then mad girls singin love the way you lie and it only gets to where it is because of rhianna on the chours.
Yeah, people are encouraging this "pop em". I don't mind having like 1-2 mainstream songs, but lately he's just spitting crazy *** punchlines, or pop rapping. The next album better be TES level. I really liked Recovery, but it dosn't have as much staying power as his old albums. After listening to Roman's Revenge, he really needs to learn to rap using more than punchlines.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I've yet to listen to the whole album. I'm really hyping it up, cause I really did enjoy Man on the Moon.

I'll probably give it that G.O.O.D listen in the next few days.

Song was dopeness though. MARY J!

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
"LOL" at the possibility of Kanye selling even near a million copies within a week.

Yee!
from the wikipedia on Graduation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graduation_(album)

"The album debuted at number one on the U.S. Billboard 200 chart, selling 957,000 copies in its first week. The coinciding release dates of Graduation and rapper 50 Cent's Curtis generated much publicity over the idea of a sales competition, resulting in record-breaking sales performances by both albums."

Pragmatic

Smash Journeyman
from the wikipedia on Graduation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graduation_(album)

"The album debuted at number one on the U.S. Billboard 200 chart, selling 957,000 copies in its first week. The coinciding release dates of Graduation and rapper 50 Cent's Curtis generated much publicity over the idea of a sales competition, resulting in record-breaking sales performances by both albums."
Cool. Still not a million copies, and I doubt people are buying excessive amounts of albums in the first place.

Him going up against 50 Cent generated hype. Kanye dropping a regular album doesn't generate nearly as much publicity.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Cool. Still not a million copies, and I doubt people are buying excessive amounts of albums in the first place.

Him going up against 50 Cent generated hype. Kanye dropping a regular album doesn't generate nearly as much publicity.
Yeah, point is it's nearly a million albums when you said he would never ever get near that.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Semantics!

If Kanye couldn't sell a million albums in his prime, with all the generated hype, what makes you think he can do it now?
this isn't what we were talking about. I was correcting what you said, which was he would never sell anywhere near a million copies, when he already did two albums ago. I never said anything about the new album selling a mil a week.

but it's stupid to go on any further.

voting:
i'm so disenchanted with politics that I just don't feel like participating at all. It just makes me depressed

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Kanye WILL NOT Sell a million a week. PERIOD. Eminem didn't sell A Milli week. Em is bigger than Ye. He'll easily do around 400k though... I did support Ye at one time...until he started getting into all this weird crap...Going from Jesus Walks... to saying he sold his soul to the Devil. YM all day... Free Weezy 2 more days

Pragmatic

Smash Journeyman
this isn't what we were talking about. I was correcting what you said, which was he would never sell anywhere near a million copies, when he already did two albums ago. I never said anything about the new album selling a mil a week.
Improving your reading comprehension helps.

Kanye didn't then.

He won't now. That's what I'm insinuating.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Kanye WILL NOT Sell a million a week. PERIOD. Eminem didn't sell A Milli week. Em is bigger than Ye. He'll easily do around 400k though... I did support Ye at one time...until he started getting into all this weird crap...Going from Jesus Walks... to saying he sold his soul to the Devil. YM all day... Free Weezy 2 more days
lol. I like all these people freaked out about the whole satanic/pagan kick Ye is on now.

rhan

Smash Hero
First time voter right hurrrr.

Needless to say. It wasn't all that big a deal to me. lol

Niko45

Smash Master

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGE0pGNhrSY

‎"i slam my jimmy through your mouth roof. now get yo big *** in the pollin booth"

"YOU GOTTA MAKE A CHOICE! cuz after i slit your throat you wont have a ****in voice"

god i love south park

and if THAT doesnt convince you to vote, perhaps G-Dub can?

k im done with politics :yeahboi:
Lol, that's exactly what I was referencing. Sooo funny. "Shake them ******* when you vote, *****!" I love the fisheye lens too.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
False. MMLP sold 1.76 million in its first week. However, no other hip hop album has ever topped 803K in its first week, so it's next to impossible for Ye to do it.
To be more clear... I was referring to as of recently. He released that album in the year 2000. People weren't downloading music like that back then. Wayne released Tha Carter 3 which was leaked a couple days prior to his album released and he still sold Amilli.... I don't see any rapper doing that. Although, Eminem almost went Diamond on that Album....

Top Bottom