• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Niko45

Smash Master
Eminem had a lot of things going on back then that he won't be able to duplicate. He's officially the most popular recording artist of the 2000's and was bringing the skills on an incredible level at the same time. He was launching Hip Hop into mainstream White America. He was speaking out against censorship, pointing out the hypocrisy of suddenly criticizing his lyrics just because he was popular, ignoring past rappers who had used the same type of content.

And I really don't think Eminem is full of himself. It's a new era in rap now. Nicki Minaj and Wayne fans are most likely not Jay-Z and Eminem fans. He has to reach out to them and try to grow his fan base again. Since there was such a void a lot of the young rap fans now have really no idea what kind of skills these guys were bringing and their ears have not been trained to appreciate their skills. I'm confident that Eminem more than any other rapper knows exactly what he's doing and understands the importance of skills in rap. I have faith that he'll get back on track.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Yeah, but MMLP was one of the highest selling albums of the decade and basically got a ton of rave reviews right out the gate. He was also far more popular than even today because of all the wishwashy publicity from gay rights groups and stuff. By your logic he would have kept the MMLP style up for as long as possible.

but he definitely didn't, unfortunately.

I said it before, but I think the reason he'll never be at that status again is because he's never gonna be that hungry and angry ever again.
Well yeah, he changes for more reasons than simply the one I mentioned, of course. Having unhappy fans and criticism toward specific issues in his songs (the accent and subject matter for example) kind of FORCED him to change.

His change from MMLP and onward was mostly his style as an artist evolving so that he wouldn't get stale...which is smart imo.

There's just no reason to change or motivation for him to get off this wack punchline tip...especially when people like it. The most I can see him doing with it is just building on it.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Man on the Moon 2 leaked the other day.. been listening to it today I heard alot of it already.

Not as good as the first imo, but certainly worth at least a listen..

"all along" and "the end" are my favorites

"marijuana" gets an honorable mention for being the best thing for smokers since white castle

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Eminem's punchlines are becoming a problem. They're making this **** unlistenable.

At least his flow's still intact.

Black on both sides was amazing. I didn't like The Ecstatic, but I only heard it once.

Edit @ MBlaze: That hook was beyond ********. Like a dungeon dragon tho?? Really?? That's the best you could come up with??

Edit 2: "But imma stick it to 'em like refrigerator magnets!" REALLY EM?? REALLY THOUGH??
Word lol... when I heard him say he gonna pee on her twice and record it and say look 2 pees in a tripod I literally said "Oh my God" in disapproval......... Like that punchline could be somewhat okay but.... no... lol his first verse was alright at best and better than his second but it was all still bad.

Maybe if I start smoking again (I really hope I don't) I'll give it a listen lol.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Word lol... when I heard him say he gonna pee on her twice and record it and say look 2 pees in a tripod I literally said "Oh my God" in disapproval......... Like that punchline could be somewhat okay but.... no... lol his first verse was alright at best and better than his second but it was all still bad.

Maybe if I start smoking again (I really hope I don't) I'll give it a listen lol.
LOL

He needs to make more songs about Hailie. That **** sells.
agreed, hes helllllla wack. sorta. but hes like a joke now. even more than he was

The VIDEO.

Nicki Minaj could have my babies all day.
truth.

soap

Smash Hero
He needs to make more songs about Hailie. That **** sells.
I liked Hailies song on eminem show. Mockingbird was just horribly corny. I don't care about Hailie anymore lol.

And I really don't think Eminem is full of himself. It's a new era in rap now. Nicki Minaj and Wayne fans are most likely not Jay-Z and Eminem fans. He has to reach out to them and try to grow his fan base again. Since there was such a void a lot of the young rap fans now have really no idea what kind of skills these guys were bringing and their ears have not been trained to appreciate their skills. I'm confident that Eminem more than any other rapper knows exactly what he's doing and understands the importance of skills in rap. I have faith that he'll get back on track.
my lil sis loooves wayne. I gave her a ride back to school one day and I was bumping "can't knock the hustle" and she was like, "can we change? really not feeling this"

I was like no, but you can take the bus.

I was kinda shocked, thought everybody could vibe to that song.

I feel like if you're not in these kids faces with a catchy hook they can't follow a verse.

Hope you're right about Em

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

I am high as often as possible and Em has just gotten way too wack with the punchlines even for me

As for songs about Halie, it's a mixed bag. Halie's Song is beautiful and was very refreshing at the time as Em hadn't really shown his sensitive personal side....but then it went a little overboard. I love "When I'm Gone" but all the other songs with Halie as the focus after Eminem Show just make me tune out.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I liked Hailies song on eminem show. Mockingbird was just horribly corny. I don't care about Hailie anymore lol.

my lil sis loooves wayne. I gave her a ride back to school one day and I was bumping "can't knock the hustle" and she was like, "can we change? really not feeling this"

I was kinda shocked, thought everybody could vibe to that song.

I feel like if you're not in these kids faces with a catchy hook they can't follow a verse.

Hope you're right about Em
mmm, play some like. dead prez for her. she'll appreciate the basss.

or like the roots on Rising Down

wow.
i like how that dude said rhyme in peace.

I am high as often as possible and Em has just gotten way too wack with the punchlines even for me

As for songs about Halie, it's a mixed bag. Halie's Song is beautiful and was very refreshing at the time as Em hadn't really shown his sensitive personal side....but then it went a little overboard. I love "When I'm Gone" but all the other songs with Halie as the focus after Eminem Show just make me tune out.
Tell me you liked Mockingbird.

soap

Smash Hero
that eyedea song had a ridiculously fast verse. It sounded almost gibberish like, but the sheer speed was kinda impressive.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Woops my fault, I made the smoking comment to kid cudi, I don't even think that smoke Em's punchlines with me tbh.... And I LOVE music when high lmao.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
My cousin thinks she's an eminem fan.
she's only heard love the way you lie and not afraid, and didnt know he's made 6 albums til i told her.
dumb *****

rhan

Smash Hero
Smack her.

And then when you and her are in a car/room together. Blast nothing but old Em.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
My cousin thinks she's an eminem fan.
she's only heard love the way you lie and not afraid, and didnt know he's made 6 albums til i told her.
dumb *****
Oh yeah thats most of them, I knew it was getting bad when I heard Not Afraid ringtones then mad girls singin love the way you lie and it only gets to where it is because of rhianna on the chours.

soap

Smash Hero
Oh yeah thats most of them, I knew it was getting bad when I heard Not Afraid ringtones then mad girls singin love the way you lie and it only gets to where it is because of rhianna on the chours.
"Makin hits is easy, put a famous bytch on the hook there you go with a platinum cd."
- God's Son

rhan

Smash Hero
Unfaithful was Rihanna's best song.

And then it all be came crap when she changed.

I can listen to disturbia though.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
it REALLY did.. but just because a song is overplayed and gets annoying doesn't mean it's bad. I have some great memories with that song

edit: i remember it being on three of my radio stations at the same time.. that actually happens more than you'd think.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I ain't gon Lie... that Please don't stop the music was my ****... I be drunk as hell singing them lyrics...

soap

Smash Hero
ya. I guess I have some good drunk memories with that song too

then u hear that ****s hung over the next morning....

Jane

Smash Hero
rihanna is cool in my book.

i really dont see what the big deal was about that nicki/em joint. i was expecting WAY worse. it wasnt that bad, i mean the lyrics could have been better but its whatever.

I gave her a ride back to school one day and I was bumping "can't knock the hustle" and she was like, "can we change? really not feeling this"

i lold

No, no they didn't....Hell no.

i lold

RIP eyedea :'<

Top Bottom