• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Whats up with posting barely relevant Cyanide and Happiness comics every couple of pages? it's mad annoying.

and YESSSS. Runaway is coming bundled with Dark Twisted Fantasy. I love it so much and can't wait to watch it on a big-*** screen.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z_Ys3BO_4M

The better version of Pursuit of Happiness.

The video is trippy as hell! It makes me think too.
i like this song

EXNAY ON THE BULLSHAY MAYNE hella catchy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcxbSla4iRM

Everyone blatantly sleeping on got urself a gun
who is? its good but its not like a One Mic or NY State of Mind...

G.O.A.T

rhan

Smash Hero
Embrace the Martian is legit! I just wanna just jump up and just rock to it whenever I hear it.

I still need new tracks guys! :c

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I wanna get some T.I. albums, only his best though.

And I told you guys Kid Cudi is good >:L *****s don't wanna listen.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Blu3 was all "If you can't listen to him without being high, he's garb."
You all should buy Legend of Mr. Rager when it comes out >:L

I still need T.I. albums .__.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I forgot about Trap Musik...

**** I'm a terrible T.I. fan..
Oh, I thought you just disliked it or something, lol.

I like to believe we're allowed to forget albums every once and awhile. Trying to name all of Luda's or Pac's makes my head asplode.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Seriously why did Eminem collab with Nicki Minaj..... and why does he suck harder on that track than he did on his worst track on Recovery? **** >_> I though he'd be better at least when gettin off them **** drugs and fully waking up..... looks like this is as good as we're getitn.

soap

Smash Hero
I'd like to think it bring a bit of comedy to the thread when soap isn't saying something funny :)
lol I'm flattered to have fans :redface:

but this whole thread is pretty funny

Runaway had some boring stretches. But it was pretty relaxing, and had alotta *****es

Stillmatic is like the soundtrack to my life....I was jus listening to it today for the like the I lost count

top 5 for me

1. One Mic
2. 2nd childhood (premier ;))
3. Stillmatic Intro
4. Got yourself a gun
5. What goes around

I skipped over ether and rewind, cuz altho legendary and instrumental to the flow of the album, they lack that super replay value for me. I like to spam songs over and over....

I can't really name a "bad" track on there tho

You da man is hella tight too. I also liked J. Coles "I'm da man" remix. J cole is coming to Columbus this wednesday. May check him out. I've warmed up to the warm up

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Stillmatic is a better album when Bravehearts Party got taken off in the newer editions imo.. More of a party type of song and ****.. Mary's hook was meh and his brother and boys can't rap yo.. Like for Nas to get them that far and have them make the verses they made was mad good but you can tell that they can't spit.. lol

If anything is being slept on it's not Got yourself a gun.. it's Rewind.. he spit that **** backwards.... can't believe I forgot that in my top 5 as well.

Only thing I have to warm up to with J. Cole is the come up... I still can't listen to it as good lol even though it has good songs on it. Warm up is great..

Btw Cookie... Please tell me no more of Mos Def's albums are like the New Danger.. oh Jesus.. that was bad... Apparently he only got 4 albums or something not including Black Star. He has anymore stuff? I mean I seen the song magic you put in here but I didn't see that on any of his ****.. o.o

soap

Smash Hero
o ya. **** bravehearts party. **** Zone out. I don't wanna hear your entourage spit lmao.

I'm getting into Mos Def's Ecstatic the second time around. That's his most recent.

I would download the Body Rock single. I love Black Thought's verse on the remix, plus u get the high quality instrumental. (<3 singles)

Rewind is tight. but it always bothered me when he would reverse the phrases cuz stuff backwards would actually sound like gibberish. But i'm just nitpicking. the song is also too short for me

Niko45

Smash Master
Yea rewind is a cool conceptual song but ultimately it doesn't have the replay value/make for good music imo.

J Cole's The Warm Up is fantastic imo. Really one of the doper mixtapes I've heard in a long long time. The Come Up also has its moments and is very good.

Also I'm really warming up to Nicki Minaj...she can definitely spit

Jane

Smash Hero
nicki is like wayne imo. is a good lyricist, but their voice/flamboyant way of being/nicki being a girl ruins it for a lot of people

Niko45

Smash Master
nicki is like wayne imo. is a good lyricist, but their voice/flamboyant way of being/nicki being a girl ruins it for a lot of people
Yea she's like Wayne, except she's like Wayne when he was trying. I can see how some people can't get into it but it doesn't bother me. I think she's a little TOO animated honestly it's kinda over the top but I'd rather a rapper be too animated than be boring with no energy.

rhan

Smash Hero
Nicki is Wayne.

Cuz he mentored her.

And possibly/most def ghost wrote for her.

She's still hot though.

Physically and Vocally.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Eminem's punchlines are becoming a problem. They're making this **** unlistenable.

At least his flow's still intact.

Black on both sides was amazing. I didn't like The Ecstatic, but I only heard it once.

Edit @ MBlaze: That hook was beyond ********. Like a dungeon dragon tho?? Really?? That's the best you could come up with??

Edit 2: "But imma stick it to 'em like refrigerator magnets!" REALLY EM?? REALLY THOUGH??

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Eminem's punchlines are becoming a problem. They're making this **** unlistenable.

At least his flow's still intact.

Black on both sides was amazing. I didn't like The Ecstatic, but I only heard it once.

Edit @ MBlaze: That hook was beyond ********. Like a dungeon dragon tho?? Really?? That's the best you could come up with??

Edit 2: "But imma stick it to 'em like refrigerator magnets!" REALLY EM?? REALLY THOUGH??
oh hush you

he's standing on his monopoly board

that means he's on top of his game

:urg:

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
God, that collab with Nicki Minaj and Eminem WAS terrible. And a ****ty *** beat doesn't help either.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
oh hush you

he's standing on his monopoly board

that means he's on top of his game

:urg:
Lmaooo

That has to be in his top 10 WORST punchlines.

At least on Fack he was trying to be funny.

He is DEAD serious when he makes these punchlines.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I still want Eminem to produce more albums. He's gonna make his comeback in this next album. If not, you can kick me in the nuts.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I still want Eminem to produce more albums. He's gonna make his comeback in this next album. If not, you can kick me in the nuts.
He'll NEVER be back to MMLP status.

Reason being, right now he thinks his lyrics are the ****. Everyone around him is telling him his lyrics are the ****. All of the fans are buying his albums n whatnot.

He has no reason to change his style up. He got alot of heat for Relapse...not for Recovery tho.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
He'll NEVER be back to MMLP status.

Reason being, right now he thinks his lyrics are the ****. Everyone around him is telling him his lyrics are the ****. All of the fans are buying his albums n whatnot.

He has no reason to change his style up. He got alot of heat for Relapse...not for Recovery tho.
Yeah, but MMLP was one of the highest selling albums of the decade and basically got a ton of rave reviews right out the gate. He was also far more popular than even today because of all the wishwashy publicity from gay rights groups and stuff. By your logic he would have kept the MMLP style up for as long as possible.

but he definitely didn't, unfortunately.

I said it before, but I think the reason he'll never be at that status again is because he's never gonna be that hungry and angry ever again.

Top Bottom