• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I'ma start listening to the Mood Muzic discography tonight or tomorrow.

And yeah sadly, that's the legit tracklisting for Yae... not even sure I'm excited about this droppin anymore

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Skyzoo dropped Live From The Tape Deck with Illmind not long ago, that's what that Frisbees track is from.

Check Death Is Certain by Kno. Great production and material.

Other artists to check

Laws
Emilio Rojas
Torae
Big Krit
Finale
Sha Stimuli

See you in 3 weeks.

Niko45

Smash Master
MM4 is amazing. I feel like this is the first time in a long time that a project I've been highly anticipating didn't disappoint. Only thing that comes to mind is Blueprint 3, tho that wasn't a slam dunk.

I also think people are ranking Joe Budden's original release WAY too low in comparison to his other projects. Padded Room? gtfo

guys get back on topic/post good songs

even though he sucks this song is ill
Lil Wayne - Office Musik (remix of Hustler Musik and The Office Theme Song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FXNPH1j6BQ

remix of Joe Budden feat. Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSwDU2tfcjI
Lol I like the idea of doing mash ups to those beats, but I'm not feeling either of these at all.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
3 weeks? you going somewhere?
I'm taking a break from the Internet until MM4 arrives.

At least that's the plan.

I don't know if I have the patience though. I'll see how it goes.

Niko, the self titled project just wasn't cohesive to me but it has some of his best songs.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
MM4 is amazing. I feel like this is the first time in a long time that a project I've been highly anticipating didn't disappoint. Only thing that comes to mind is Blueprint 3, tho that wasn't a slam dunk.

I also think people are ranking Joe Budden's original release WAY too low in comparison to his other projects. Padded Room? gtfo
aye....padded room was good. his first album had a lotta bull **** tracks.

and blueprint 3 was fulfilling? there were alotta mediocre songs on there. Hate has to be one of the worst songs ever created.
I'm taking a break from the Internet until MM4 arrives.

At least that's the plan.

I don't know if I have the patience though. I'll see how it goes.

Niko, the self titled project just wasn't cohesive to me but it has some of his best songs.
that was my plan too, though fortunately i don't have to wait as long as you for the cd:awesome:. i'm tryin not to jump ship and download it.

Niko45

Smash Master
aye....padded room was good. his first album had a lotta bull **** tracks.

and blueprint 3 was fulfilling? there were alotta mediocre songs on there. Hate has to be one of the worst songs ever created.

that was my plan too, though fortunately i don't have to wait as long as you for the cd:awesome:. i'm tryin not to jump ship and download it.
There are like 4 or 5 throw aways on the original release. There are also 4 or 5 tracks that are among his best tracks ever. Easily better than Padded Room imo.

I have no clue what to say on Blueprint 3. I liked Hate actually, what's wrong with it? Worst song ever wtf? Sounds like....some hate. Like, some serious hate lol. "Decent" is the best way I can describe Blueprint 3. Like I said, it didn't disappoint me, that's all.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
lol nah, it ain't hate bruh. that song is just terrible. i didn't say it was the worst song ever. that spot belongs to ICP's Miracles. but that corny chorus and overall sound of the track is just bad to me.

i'd say Walk With Me, Calm Down and 10 Minutes all have top 10 potential for him.

You know you guys can still buy the CD after you download the album?
obviously.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
lol nah, it ain't hate bruh. that song is just terrible. i didn't say it was the worst song ever. that spot belongs to ICP's Miracles. but that corny chorus and overall sound of the track is just bad to me.

i'd say Walk With Me, Calm Down and 10 Minutes all have top 10 potential for him.

obviously.
So why wait? is my point

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Lupe > Blu.

Somebody said Blu was better than Lupe earlier in this thread. Blu is legit and very good with his wordplay. Just listen to Soul Amazing.

But, I think I haven't listened to enough of Blu's work to say he is a better lyricist than Lu. No doubt he is very good. But Lupe is still tops in my book.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Are you serious?

The Cool is without a doubt probably my Top album of all time now that I think about it. I have it on replay pretty much 24/7.

The Cool > Food and Liqour.

IMO. But, I can't really jam Under The Heavens all the way through without having to skip at least one track. IDK yet, I've only given it a few listens. But, I'm starting to get a feel for it. I can jam The Cool all the way through.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Lupe > Blu.
agreed. Blu only has one cd that i like while lupe has 2. i was listening to food and liquor today and felt like i've been neglecting lupe. i feel like blu could be better than lupe but he has yet to put out another project that i thought was close to below the heavens, or even decent for that matter aside from soul amazing pt 1.

Food and Liquor is better than the Cool. so is below the heavens.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Food and Liqour better than The Cool?

I heard The Cool first so that may be the reason I like it more. I heard Dumb it Down and I was like yo Lupe is dope dude.

Niko45

Smash Master
I agree Food & Liquor is the better of Lupe's 2 albums. That album is great.

Below the Heavens...I don't get it. Snooze fest for me. I'm not trying to hate for the people who love it, but I've listened to it a bunch of times and it just doesn't do it for me.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Uhh I apologize for diverting the pace of the thread, but I was just writing and I want to see what you guys think. I'm not one to usually just post my lyrics but...whatever

I spit that wonder-rhymer ****
Lyrically I'm prominent
Physically I'm dominant
These are quite common complements
You may think that it's confidence
But really it's just common sense
Live like there ain't no consequence
Die holding all your promises
This industries filled with perpetuators of greed
Giving the population what they think that they need
Corruption indeed, I guess that makes music weed
And even if they hear my heed the process will still proceed
If you can't help em then just leave em
Don't even try to deceive em
Give em crap and they believers
Give em fact and they naiver

On another note Lupe > blu for reasons stated by...blu lol.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Fair enough, same applies to me with Lupe, just can't get into his music.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Food and Liqour doesn't appeal to me as much as The Cool. I really like them both. But I just dig The Cool more as an album.

I remember when I was in 6th grade I used to hate Lupe Fiasco. They would always play Kick, Push on the BET Music Video Hour. I was like Skateboarding is gay. How little I knew....

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Food and Liquor is a great Album... But The Cool takes it to another Level. Everything is lined up so perfect on the album.

I remember hearing that kick Push song. I was like "dude look lame as hell, but his flow is nice and different...I hope he does well".. After hearing the Cool he became my favorite Top 10 rappers....

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
^^^^^^^

This word for word on your take on The Cool.

I didn't really get into Kick, Push (Now my fav Lupe song) and Food & Liqour until after I got into The Cool.

Jane

Smash Hero
in another dimension of hiphop former scribble jam champion mac lethal cam back after a six year hiatus to battle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsZnE2uk05Y&feature=player_embedded
yo that was nasty. mac lethal is dope i need to check him out

guys get back on topic/post good songs

even though he sucks this song is ill
Lil Wayne - Office Musik (remix of Hustler Musik and The Office Theme Song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FXNPH1j6BQ

remix of Joe Budden feat. Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSwDU2tfcjI
i was feelin that JB x busta x red hot chilli peppers

Hate has to be one of the worst songs ever created.

The Cool > Food and Liqour.
i agree. i like the cool better, but food & liquor is still amazing

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Seems like you are trying to hard to be lyrical alby...
This Alby.

I would say something else but, I'm tryna refrain from being harsh.

JaneTheCool2gud.

I also love how The Cool-song actually set up The Cool-album. How many rappers do you know who can make a concept album? Let alone tell a story? I can only think of 2 off the top of my head. Em and Nas.

soap

Smash Hero
food and liquor > the cool. I kinda hate the cool

well at least the last 2/3 of food and liquor. the instrumental until the end I love it. Doesn't start out so strong imo. Kick push is gay. Took me a while to get into lupe cuz of that song lol.

same thing when I was in like 9th grade and I heard Nas "I can" I thought he was a corny concious rapper....

this was back when I just occasionally listened to the radio. good times.

I didn't really get into music until I realized I could steal it loooool

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Seems like you are trying to hard to be lyrical alby...
I understand where you're coming from.
Like when I was writing it I was like "There's probably other ways I could say this, but I can't think of them. Eh guess I'll just throw a bunch of rhyming words in and make it sound nice" because it does sound nie, but the lyrics are a little bit of a stretch imo.
Anything in particular sir?

This Alby.

I would say something else but, I'm tryna refrain from being harsh.

JaneTheCool2gud.

I also love how The Cool-song actually set up The Cool-album. How many rappers do you know who can make a concept album? Let alone tell a story? I can only think of 2 off the top of my head. Em and Nas.
Whaaa? Constructive criticism is always helpful, even if it does come across as harsh. I'm not really one to bite someone's head off over their opinion of my music, as long as it's not simply sensless bashing. So please share.

soap

Smash Hero
your verse had no coherency.

it kinda just stuck with the same rhyme scheme too long in the beginning. I lost interest.

It prolly sounds better than it reads

T3h Albino

Smash Master
It does, but lyrics are a lot more important than how something sounds =/

4 bars of the same rhyme scheme may have been a little much, but I believe it added to the fluidity of the verse.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Too much of either is bad. There has to be some sort of balance. Like some of the things Wayne *just an example* says, sound nice when you first hear them, but then you go back and think about what he just said and it's like "Well that makes no sense...".

Top Bottom