• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i'm bout to go see him next week......unfortunately, wale's the headliner but i can stick around for cole......gotta find somebody that's wants to go with me first...

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Wale is ****ing amaaaazing.

I love his mixtapes and Attention Deficit was my fave album of 09.

I don't see why y'all dislike him. Oh and Suspect I agree the only good person from Texas is Chamillionaire.
J. Cole + Wale that's a concert I would LOOOOOOOOOVE to go see mang.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
there are no rappers you can't listen to because you don't like the sound of their voice?

@MBlaze: it's pretty simple. they're not getting the push they should be. i don't like wale but i didn't really hear any of his songs on the radio aside from that sorry *** song with lady gaga. cole is gonna be dope but will not really receive any mainstream exposure at his current pace. they're albums won't necessarily be slept on. nobody will really know about them when they drop.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Oh, so you think his voice is annoying? I don't see what it could be but ok. lol.

And, Chillin was a good ***. "I got the right to be cocky, I remain a Giant and you Jer-e-my Shockey." I like the original without Gaga better. But it is what it is. One of my fave AD tracks.

As for the marketing, J. Cole knows the situation that's why he is gonna get Jay to hop on a track alongside him. And maybe 3 stacks. So that those songs become the singles and everybody is like "ZOMG cool song by some new guy with Jay-Z and Dre"

S l o X

Smash Champion
Wale isn't annoying in the least. In fact, even though he's from the south, he has an accent that I actually find as normal as can be. (Coming from a Yank)

His voice is normal as #### if anything. Unlike Weezy's / Nicki's.

J. Cole will blow up. My hood *****s feelin' him. I LOVE recommending music to people who only blast Gucci / Weezy / Young Money.

PolarBear

Smash Journeyman
Wale is ****ing amaaaazing.

I love his mixtapes and Attention Deficit was my fave album of 09.

I don't see why y'all dislike him. Oh and Suspect I agree the only good person from Texas is Chamillionaire.
J. Cole + Wale that's a concert I would LOOOOOOOOOVE to go see mang.
Are you well informed on Texas rap? Texas is a great region in rap. You have the whole Screwed Up Click which includes Z Ro, Trae, Slim Thug, DJ Screw, and like 20 other great rappers, then you have UGK, Geto Boys, Ganksta N-I-P, and Devin the Dude. Can't tell me those guys aren't good.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
didn't you just say it got old quick?
Yep. Hadn't listened to it in a long while. I'll spin it for like a week and stop checking it again.

Anyone checked Finale yet? Stop sleeping! Emilio Rojas is dope too. Need to check that KRIT tape too, I just listen to Country Shi over and over lol.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Is it just me or is the volume on the KRIT tape really low? Like no matter how much you turn it up, it still isn't loud enough?

Jane

Smash Hero
Are you well informed on Texas rap? Texas is a great region in rap. You have the whole Screwed Up Click which includes Z Ro, Trae, Slim Thug, DJ Screw, and like 20 other great rappers, then you have UGK, Geto Boys, Ganksta N-I-P, and Devin the Dude. Can't tell me those guys aren't good.
Quoted for truf

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Blu's typing just hit ghetto fabulous, like woah haha
haha. i try not to type how i talk. i realize how dumb things look when typed out phonetically....but every now and then....shit happens :)

i like travis mccoy.....well i like 2 GCH songs. travis isn't bad. i hate bruno mars voice though. and i am b.o.b's biggest hater :)

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Wale isn't annoying in the least. In fact, even though he's from the south, he has an accent that I actually find as normal as can be. (Coming from a Yank)

His voice is normal as #### if anything. Unlike Weezy's / Nicki's.

J. Cole will blow up. My hood *****s feelin' him. I LOVE recommending music to people who only blast Gucci / Weezy / Young Money.
Lol dude he is from DC, which is up north.

Ok, Ill give you UGK, Z-Ro, Trae, and Devin the Dude. I don't **** with those other dudes and Screw is R.I.P.

Have you heard of J Dawg? people around here like him alont. I haven't given him a listen yet.

i like travis mccoy.....well i like 2 GCH songs. travis isn't bad. i hate bruno mars voice though. and i am b.o.b's biggest hater :)
B.o.B. is ****ing amazing.

Haters gon hate is also a gay statement so I'm not gonna use it.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Haters gonna hate is one of the best phrases of the 21st century
its actually pretty annoying.

alright so i just gotta say something.

So I was in downtown Oakland right. I was walking around and a black guy with his friend (waiting for a bus I think) asked me "Ey you got 50 cent?" I said "im broke" (I had three $5 bills and a quarter, and I was going ice skating [**** is scary] so i was about to spend it) so they started talking behind my back, I think I heard something about "that's a lie" and "he got money" so i turned around and said "no really im broke." and the dude was rollin his eyes and was like "alright..." but then i turned away and i kept hearring talking.

also when i passed a black guy he said "hows your day" i said "good. have a good day" and then when i kept walking i heard him say "he was looking at me like i was doing something wrong"

this **** bugs the **** out of me.
just because im white doesnt mean im loaded in cash. you wanna know how much money i have in my bank account? $5. that's it. im working minimum wage and as a commissioner for the city to earn money.

if you are convinced that you aren't racist, then why hate on and disrespect those of the opposite race? not all white people are calling black people n**gers. I know I don't.

where's the love?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
its actually pretty annoying.

alright so i just gotta say something.

So I was in downtown Oakland right. I was walking around and a black guy with his friend (waiting for a bus I think) asked me "Ey you got 50 cent?" I said "im broke" (I had three $5 bills and a quarter, and I was going ice skating [**** is scary] so i was about to spend it) so they started talking behind my back, I think I heard something about "that's a lie" and "he got money" so i turned around and said "no really im broke." and the dude was rollin his eyes and was like "alright..." but then i turned away and i kept hearring talking.

also when i passed a black guy he said "hows your day" i said "good. have a good day" and then when i kept walking i heard him say "he was looking at me like i was doing something wrong"

this **** bugs the **** out of me.
just because im white doesnt mean im loaded in cash. you wanna know how much money i have in my bank account? $5. that's it. im working minimum wage and as a commissioner for the city to earn money.

if you are convinced that you aren't racist, then why hate on and disrespect those of the opposite race? not all white people are calling black people n**gers. I know I don't.

where's the love?
This just in, every race has racists in it! Story at 11.

Jane

Smash Hero
Yeah lol, basically what luigi said. Unfortunately racists come in every shape and form.

Funny story, the dude that installed my system reaaally didnt like black people, and disapproved of the music i was testing out when i got there. Both of us are mexican and were talking in spanish, so he wasnt really hostile at all, he was just like "come on man thats n*gger music"

I wonder how he would have treated me if i was black hah.

soap

Smash Hero
alot of Mexicans/El Salvadoraneans/Latinos I know don't like black people

Actually alot of people don't like black people haha

Haters gonna hate

I love everybody. Im pretty much Ghandi

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
This just in, every race has racists in it! Story at 11.
nah but in general, white people are dissed by a lot of black people. they complain about white people being racist while in reality theyre racist themselves.

Yeah lol, basically what luigi said. Unfortunately racists come in every shape and form.

Funny story, the dude that installed my system reaaally didnt like black people, and disapproved of the music i was testing out when i got there. Both of us are mexican and were talking in spanish, so he wasnt really hostile at all, he was just like "come on man thats n*gger music"

I wonder how he would have treated me if i was black hah.
lol. wow.
he woulda been annoyed as **** lol

alot of Mexicans/El Salvadoraneans/Latinos I know don't like black people

Actually alot of people don't like black people haha

Haters gonna hate

I love everybody. Im pretty much Ghandi
huh.
i love every race but im disrespected by many.
talk about ignorant.

Top Bottom