• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Haha Wow, you all are crazy... I'd prefer apple Bottom over D Cups.....easily, Maybe you'll learn to appreciate it once you get older...

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Jesus ****ing Christ, different tastes in music? Better overreact about it.

Deal with it.
relax. its not like I was screaming at you.
i didnt overreact at all. im just saying, i think The Tipping Point is better.
dont get me wrong, I like How I Got Over a lot. I mean on Doin' It Again, his verse is just amazing. "remix, risin up outta the flames like a phoenix" just starts it off great.

but honestly I just like the Tipping Point a lot more.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Lol.

Hip-Hop thread.....**** just got real.......I'm listening to........ Anyways, Lil Wayne sucks. I can't believe I used to like Rawse. And, Tupac is the greatest yet very overrated.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I was just looking through the first few pages and looking at my posts. And now that I know how my taste has evolved it just seems weird that I used to like Rawse. I never really cared for Waynes new stuff. And, I used to hold Pac up as a god. But, now that I have experienced hip-hop in soooooo many more ways from the 80's and 90's genres he isn't god and he wasn't the only one who made great music.

Just my take on things.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Pac is such an interesting guy. I've read up on him fairly extensively, he really piques my interest. If anyone wants a good book about him I suggest "Holler If You Hear Me" by Michael Eric Dyson. Really good. The Rose that Grew From Concrete is interesting too, it's a nice peek into his life/feelings.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
What you play power forward or center?

Niga if you had hands you coulda snagged over nigas and got a scholarship based on your ****ing height.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Anyways, who like 50 cent?

I don't much think of him as a rapper anymore, more like an entertainer. I didn't like Curtis. But, I liked his other 3 albums. And, I like what I've heard from Power of The Dollar.

And, it's confirmed Jay-Z will be on J. Cole's album. There may also be an appearance from either Andre 300 or Lauryn Hill.

As for The Roots, I'm going to start with Tipping Point just because I really like The Web. Black Thought goes insane on it. Also, The Roots are always on Vh1 Soul Mania and I always dig their stuff, yet can never remember the song names.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
just got back from a freestyle concert with Bun B as a special guest performer.....his performance did not make me want to check out his other stuff....still a good performance overall. in 2 months, SKYZOO IS COMIN!

^i'm a fan of 50. i like his older stuff wayyyyy more. his last cd was tolerable...i guess. he's pretty entertaining outside of music though. his phone call to shyne was classic.

hopefully j cole doesn't fall off.

as for roots, i started with game theory.

Top Bottom