• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

S l o X

Smash Champion
what happened to mango?
He drank the night before (rumors) + Went all Mario (few times Falcon). H
Mago lost to Wobbles in winners and eggz in losers.. he took 25th lawl
Wobbles doesn't take **** from Mario, lol. Eggz mained Mario less than a year ago for like forever so he obviously knew the matchup and tappeddd.
Goddammit i ****ing love axe.
Everyone does, he's an awesome person & player :D
i heard mango went mario against wobbles....
Yurp.
yea i heard axe gave armada the D
>_> I wish. Axe made a 3 stock comeback though. **** was hype.

PP *****. Hungrybox da bess etc . . .

Jane

Smash Hero
A japanese olimar beat m2k.

You read that right mother****ers an OLIMAR!!!!!!

AHHHHH GET ****ING HYPE!!!!!!!!

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Anyone here heard of Deltron 3030?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7_jbluF0qo

Get your nerd on, lol. Del tha Funky Homosapien is epic.
im from Oakland. **** yeah i know of them. im all down with Del. heiroglyphics are a group with him too, theyre dope

that's actually the only song i like by deltron...

i like how the beat builds in the verses. his album was kinda meh. not bad...but i didn't really think it had too much replay value.
wuuuuuut? i thought most of it was good. but heiroglyphics is better. Oakland Blackouts

oh and i got my Macbook Pro. working on beatts

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
im from Oakland. **** yeah i know of them. im all down with Del. heiroglyphics are a group with him too, theyre dope
Yeah, heiroglyphics are great as well, but unfortunately I only know a few of their songs. Got any recommendations?

wuuuuuut? i thought most of it was good. but heiroglyphics is better. Oakland Blackouts
Yeah I liked most of the album too.

oh and i got my Macbook Pro. working on beatts
My friend made the following beat: http://soundcloud.com/qualiaa/enamel

Tell me what you all think! I like it personally.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
flocka is amazing. seriously. sit down and learn his lyrics. you'll never stop laughing.
Really now? I'll have to try this. The only rapper to actually make me laugh out loud is Luda. Move ***** was pretty funny the first few times (still is to some degree).

"I'm DUI hardly ever sober
And you about to get RAN THE **** OVER"

soap

Smash Hero
luda is corny. in a funny way.

DMX prolly makes me laugh the most. I'm still not sure sometimes if he is intentionally trying to be funny or if he is dead serious ( which is prolly part of his charm). Either way he is too good with his controversially homo **** that he gets away with.

"Ima beat my **** and bust up in your eye! so you can SEE me coming!"

flocka is just too annoying to listen to to appreciate the stupid **** which im sure is amusing

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i'm not saying he's funny like "that was a funny *** joke". more along the lines of "what the **** was he thinking when he wrote this? did he actually think it made sense?" kinda way

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Hook me up with a beat.....
I'll put something up on youtube for everyone to see and love.

(i need a midi keyboard and a roland drum machine first..... 5 dollars in the bank)

Yeah, heiroglyphics are great as well, but unfortunately I only know a few of their songs. Got any recommendations?

Yeah I liked most of the album too.

My friend made the following beat: http://soundcloud.com/qualiaa/enamel

Tell me what you all think! I like it personally.
No recommendations, just listen to their albums ( I think they have 2?)
and Del tha Funkee Homosapien is great, listen to Clint Eastwood by the Gorllaz and Mistadobalina. I like both a lot.

Hit me up with a beat too.

Also, under is that WAKA FLOCKA?

i dislike his music, but his name is hilarious to say.

also check out rhymefest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdcgUhmhml8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr5oH9Oe0gA&feature=related

first video is jokes son
his name is fun to say.

and its called music? WHAT?!?! O.O

flocka is amazing. seriously. sit down and learn his lyrics. you'll never stop laughing.
looool. its true.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I've been listening to this song recently: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDVs8ixHnUg

Pretty great.

"Ima beat my **** and bust up in your eye! so you can SEE me coming!"
Haha yeah I remember that line. Where da hood at. Great beat, disturbing lyrics.

No recommendations, just listen to their albums ( I think they have 2?)
and Del tha Funkee Homosapien is great, listen to Clint Eastwood by the Gorllaz and Mistadobalina. I like both a lot.
Oh, I know Del's solo work, just not most stuff by the Heiroglyphics. Yeah Mistadobalina is good and I also like If You Must.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV0ysZk3PrM

I liked this entire EP back in the day. It's de la Rocha plus the drummer from The Mars Volta. An interesting combination, but I don't know if it translates to one's ears well. I'll let you form your own opinions, though.
The synths don't mix well with drums.

But I respect Zack because he's an activist. Much respect.

rhan

Smash Hero
The most decent songs of Flocka's are "Hands" and "Off Da Chain". Just throwing that out there since we're slightly on the topic of Waka. "O Les Dew Eet" kinda grew on me once I heard it so many times off 106 n Park.

Why do people like Gucci and Waka? Real serious question.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
So yeah I'm walking to my barbers, you know hyped to get a fresh trim and then I just bump into this dude lol

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Gucci and Waka are absolute jokes.

And when you say "Hands" are you talking about the one with Wale and Roscoe Dash? That song grew on me. Wale killed it. Waka sucked *** "all that ***/ in them jeans" sucked. Roscoe is annoying voice but I really like the hook.

GIIIIRL DROP IT TOOO THE FLO I LOVE THE WAY YO BOOTY GOOOOOOO

That's why it's called "The Guilty Pleasure"

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
haha you tell him how boring he is? or......become a groupie for 10 seconds? haha
lol

Cool story ahead.

So I'm walking to my barbers, hyped that I'm getting a fresh trim cos I'm looking like Bigfoot and I'm nearly there and down the road some dude's walking towards me. As I got closer I was like 'Who's this dude, looks familiar' I get closer and I'm like ****, it's Jay Electronica lol.

Stopped and talked to him for a minute, was like what are you doing in London, how long you staying, how you finding it etc. He was mad humble, took his time out answered everything and I was thinking 'Fluck what else do I ask him' so I was like good luck with everything dude I appreciate it and made my way.

Went into my barbers and soon as I started getting my trim I was like **** should've asked him about the Wu situation, the track he's meant to do with Joe and Elzhi, when he's dropping something etc. But I seriously couldn't think what to say at the time.

It's funny cos J. Cole was in London recently and I missed the chance to catch him perform and he was interviewing at some place I know. **** was so random. I have no clue what he was doing lol. Just need to bump into Cole and Joe now.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLuls0-v2Ag&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Watch this.
Actually dope Canadian rappers (well some of them)..

And I'll give you guys a few lines from my song that I'm working on.

The song is called "We Gotta Realize (Real Eyes)"

the hook to the song is sort of spoken poetry. the song is about truths about real people, you know, middle class people who are fighting for their lives. or at least that's the direction that it's going at the moment.

the hook is just spoken poetry. four lines from the hook are:

"we gotta realize that real lives are the truest in the real times
real people die everyday, an eternal getaway from the real lies
real people try and real people work to their extent
real people are broke and real people cry till there are no tears left"

Maybe from there it'll go into a story type rap. I'm not sure, but the chorus is singing.

Don't expect the beat to be anything special. I don't have a microphone, just the built in microphone on my computer, and I don't have a keyboard or monitors or anything like that. I'm looking for a job to supply that stuff, but I don't have it yet and will NOT have it for the song. And I have $5 in the bank. So don't expect quality or anything to be great, I'm recording in my room.

And I think I'll contact Apple and try to make the song a free single on iTunes so everyone can get it. If I can't, it'll be 99 cents. And don't expect an album any time soon, but maybe an EP? We'll see. I need to get a job first of all to pay for stuff (I need about $600 to get everything I need for a home studio, this includes a second pair of headphones, monitors, a Roland drum machine, and a midi keyboard).

Much love and respect to everyone who will listen to the song.

rhan

Smash Hero
Gucci and Waka are absolute jokes.

And when you say "Hands" are you talking about the one with Wale and Roscoe Dash? That song grew on me. Wale killed it. Waka sucked *** "all that ***/ in them jeans" sucked. Roscoe is annoying voice but I really like the hook.

GIIIIRL DROP IT TOOO THE FLO I LOVE THE WAY YO BOOTY GOOOOOOO

That's why it's called "The Guilty Pleasure"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LntLNqhGrk

That's the song I'm talking about when I referred to "Hands". You're thinking of "No Hands". lol

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
lol

Cool story ahead.

So I'm walking to my barbers, hyped that I'm getting a fresh trim cos I'm looking like Bigfoot and I'm nearly there and down the road some dude's walking towards me. As I got closer I was like 'Who's this dude, looks familiar' I get closer and I'm like ****, it's Jay Electronica lol.

Stopped and talked to him for a minute, was like what are you doing in London, how long you staying, how you finding it etc. He was mad humble, took his time out answered everything and I was thinking 'Fluck what else do I ask him' so I was like good luck with everything dude I appreciate it and made my way.

Went into my barbers and soon as I started getting my trim I was like **** should've asked him about the Wu situation, the track he's meant to do with Joe and Elzhi, when he's dropping something etc. But I seriously couldn't think what to say at the time.

It's funny cos J. Cole was in London recently and I missed the chance to catch him perform and he was interviewing at some place I know. **** was so random. I have no clue what he was doing lol. Just need to bump into Cole and Joe now.

cool story bro

hahaha yeah you became a groupie. happens to the best of us lol. next thing ya know, you're gonna like his music haha. should have taken a picture with him so it'd look more authentic lol.

Top Bottom