• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World of Warcraft Discussion: Mists of Pandaria

fkacyan

Smash Hero
The best part about the DK brez is that not only does it crap on your DPS< but the range is awful AND you cant glpyh it to do max hp /mana, so if theres any kind of damage going out at all you can't accept the rez.

Useless on H-Warlord. ugh.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Haha awesome

MoP's Pet Battles is gonna have 'Gym Leaders' Masters where you learn an ability after beatin them. Everything I hear about Pet BAttles just makes me want this more.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Legendary didn't drop - the quest for it was completed.

Legendaries aren't even legendary anymore. Sigh.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
that's insane. that .... thing.... is MASSIVE?
can you talk to it? What legendary even is it?

I MUST KNOW

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I took a few other screenshots of it...
There's a night elf with a santa hat riding it >.>
I'll upload if you want

idk what legendary is it. i just resubbed after a year of inactivity. i have yet to buy cata :(

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
i just ***** my two exams and went home to play WoW.... and the servers are down for maintenance =(((

EDIT: also anyone know why spartanUI is dead?
its been the only custom ui that i really liked and all ive been able to find is a fan update

fkacyan

Smash Hero
i just ***** my two exams and went home to play WoW.... and the servers are down for maintenance =(((

EDIT: also anyone know why spartanUI is dead?
its been the only custom ui that i really liked and all ive been able to find is a fan update

Odds are the SpartanUI dev stopped playing WoW. A lot of UIs / addons went defunct for this reason.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
man level 90 sounds so absurd
not sure why level 80 or 85 didnt
it's funny, i agree with this.

level 90 is a 50% increase from vanilla. yet it's not going to be a 50% increase in time to reach max level (i'm assuming... isn't reaching level 80-85 faster than reaching 60 was in vanilla wow?)

and it's like a 500% increase in damage and health LOLOL

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ok, I eventually did get bored with SWTOR.

Back to WoW? I do want to try out an MMO or two, but those aren't out yet.

How long is it until we get Panda's?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wish they could make an MMO that feels more like...a game than someone to eat up time.

I want to try TERA online next because it uses a crosshair to target enemies rather than just tabbing, making it like an action game, yet keeping with the MMO spirit.

I'll still stick with WOW, and definitely come back when panda's arrive.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
man level 90 sounds so absurd
not sure why level 80 or 85 didnt
Probably because it's so close to 100.

How long is it until we get Panda's?
Since they're trying to get things out in a hurry, I'd wager Ausustish? There's going to be some big press info dump in early march, we'll probably find out something then, even if it's just when the beta starts.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
asustishhhhhhhh

I'm still playing SWTOR and WoW. I haven't done anything in the endgame of SWTOR because not too many on rep are 50 and doing things yet. It's almost too easy to level alts though.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
thanks to spending time on /v/ (unfortunately), I've heard pretty much nothing but terrible things about SWTOR. I know not to trust that site though because they hate EVERYTHING.

Is it really just a WoW clone that does everything worse than Vanilla WoW did?
I mean, I've read good things about it from gameinformer, but I also don't know if I should trust them.

edit: not that I'm interested in SWTOR either way o_o I'd rather just go back to WoW.

Also Guild Wars 2 looks really good. And Diablo 3's going to be my timesink of 2012 (as if it's coming out lol)

fkacyan

Smash Hero
SW:ToR takes every advancement WoW has made and chucks it out the window. Crafting is useless, you never have to replace gear due to sockets providing all the stats, and one PvP planet is requisite for all endgame gear. Oh, and faction imbalance! And awful AH, and .5s delay on ability usage...

It had potential, but they squandered it.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
But that's the thing, this isn't a groundbreaking MMO where there's nobody else to learn from. A lot of these mistakes were mistakes made by other MMOs almost a decade ago - Why are they being replicated now?

I mean, people playing SW:ToR are essentially paying $15/mo to beta test it.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
yeah as i said it has its flaws

some of it is pretty stupid
and some of it comes from the game being new

it's really not nearly as awful as the crybabies are making it out to be

the people that raced to level cap and burned through all the endgame stuff in the first month are idiots
those are the kind of people that made warcraft awful

it's a game, not somewhere to showcase your huge epeen because you spent most of your waking moments playing a video game

the statement about the gear isn't really true. i still have orange gear but that's because i haven't bothered with endgame stuff yet until other people i actually like get 50. i've been leveling alts because it's actually fun to do so. a lot of the orange gear is getting replaced by endgame stuff that just has better stats than what you can find with mods and whatnot.

it's a little to easy to level imo but other than that it's actually pretty fun to play

i'll agree that the AH is terrible. not sure wtf is up with that.
faction imbalances are kind of lol. i apparently play the worst class ever (jedi sentinel) and don't have much of a problem. on the one hand, it's pretty obvious by playing my so called 'mirror' class on empire that it's much easier to eat through content with him, but on the other....really haven't had a problem on the sentinel, pvp or not.

the pvp planet kind of irks me. i don't understand why there weren't more zones or anything to do. i just...i want more places to go.

i'm okay with paying 15/month to play how i do. very few of the 'bugs' or oversights actually profoundly affect the way i play, and a lot of those have been fixed already.

still playing wow though. if i was playing swtor by itself i'd probably get bored, but it's nice to alternate between the two, even though it causes rotation confusion for me.

it's got flaws. but for me, the flaws are not enough to keep me from playing them unless they completely **** something up and i can't progress through things.

what they really need to work on and something you haven't mentioned are hackers and exploits. people are ruining pvp with speed hacks. so far they've done nothing about it. i wouldn't be surprised if they lost huge amounts of people because pvp is so ****ed right now.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
if you're going to take that attitude then i'm fine with that. i was under the impression that you were not 'one of those' progression players.
i think you seem to forget that i was also in a hardcore progression guild and i still think the people that ignore the rest of the game and only focus on 'we did it first' are what's wrong with mmos. unfortunately as long as mmos are there, there will be those kind of players.

games SHOULD be challenging and they should be engaging, but the players i'm talking about are like one of robert's friends: he was 50 in 2 days. he didn't even sleep. a lot of those people (and i mean a LOT) are complaining left and right because they did everything as fast as humanly possible and now they're pissed because there's not 7 years worth of content waiting for them.

as i've said before, i think leveling in swtor is a bit too easy (I haven't leveled an alt in WoW in about four years so WoW may be too easy by my standards too), but burning through the whole game while ignoring the actual story is kind of stupid. especially with a brand new game.
makes me wonder if they do the same with console games.

i don't understand the point of ignoring content ingame to be the first one to do everything.

i technically paid 15/mo to beta test wow too, i guess.

actually most of this problem could be solved by making the endgame significantly harder but then even more people would complain.

i'm not even saying that the game is amazing or anything. it's entertaining to me, but has glaring flaws. i'm just saying there's too many people giving it a bad rap because of stupid reasons rather than legit reasons. (you hear the people i was speaking about above complaining 'no endgame content' but not about people hacking and ruining pvp...i don't understand. at least the majority of complaints i've heard are like that)

legit reasons:
exploits/hacks
mirror classes not being mirrored
too easy (imo)
game feels incomplete
lots of bugs affecting gameplay, 90% of them being annoying and 10% of them affecting the way quests work/bugged npcs/etc. one flashpoint is apparently unplayable for me and robert together unless i do a bunch of unnecessary things to keep it from locking up the game.
no character transfer yet
the AH is TERRIBLE
companion stuff has issues
going through orbital stations is pretty annoying
no ui customization at all
mail system is buggy
graphic textures are kind of ... bad ... for it being 2012
edit: no combat log/etc

stupid reasons:
my *** looks big in this robe (no, really)
'not enough endgame content'
faction exclusive races (are you serious)
i rolled on a server that had no population and can't find people for groups
i rolled on a pvp server and get killed a lot
i don't want to do endgame content or pvp why can't i get welfare epics
no cross server lfg-lfr tool (i personally think when they implemented this in wow that they removed accountability for people being terrible/****heads, so you get terrible groups often. at least server wide you get a reputation for being terrible or a ****head with no cross-server crap)
i made choices i didn't like and didn't reset the quest or hit escape
i made evil choices and am upset that my character is evil
how dare you take the game down every week for patches
i bought a security key and have to enter it every time i want to access my account (yes. really. what the ****ing ****.)
"this isn't like swg"
people are jerks
no dps meters
___ npc is not exactly like i want him/her to be how dare you
i don't get a mount until -what- level?
i grouped with stupid people and they rolled need for companion gear
i grouped with stupid people and they ninja'd stuff that they can't use

i can't really address the issue with crafting because crafting has been awesome for me. both for making myself stuff and for selling stuff. so i dunno.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
no dps meters
This is actually a legitimate gripe because there is no combat log of any kind. It is impossible to tell why you failed, died, etc. Was the boss hitting you too hard? Was the healer not hitting you? Was your DPS just pressing his auto attack key over and over again? It's not a metric conducive to any kind of successful PvP or PvE setting. While bads (Yes, bads) hate DPS meters because they are a method of exclusion of poor or inexperienced or undergeared players, the people doing such exclusion are the ones at fault, not the meters themselves.

OBE, go back to TDR, where it appears people can actually stand you.

EDIT: It's also worth mentioning that the story in ToR is unskippable. Rushing to 50 just meant you probably ignored the sidequests, but getting to Ilum requires you finishing your
extremely poorly written
solo story.

Also lol@the sith versions of classes being better, how that made it out of their design documents I will NEVER understand.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
This is actually a legitimate gripe because there is no combat log of any kind.
i missed putting combat log in legit gripes.... and i have no idea why the **** it was removed for release because it makes zero sense. i don't hate dps meters but they bring out the douchebag in a lot of people, especially in larger groups. let's not even discuss gear score.

EDIT: It's also worth mentioning that the story in ToR is unskippable.
yes it is. decide you're lightside/darkside and spacebar +1 or 3 throughout everything. 2 when you feel like being neutral or if there's only two options and you want to choose dark. very few don't follow the 1/3 formula.

getting to Ilum requires you finishing your
extremely poorly written
solo story.
that's a matter of opinion, not necessarily a glaring flaw in the game like the ones i mentioned.

Also lol@the sith versions of classes being better, how that made it out of their design documents I will NEVER understand.

i....honestly don't know.

also, this is totally a matter of personal opinion, but god damn republic has a lot of ugly planets.

edit: what the hell is a tdr

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
There was a combatlog in beta, though.

They removed it for the live version of the game.
There were chatbubbles in the beta too, but they had to be removed due to issues with the engine that Bioware based the game around. As we speak, chat bubbles are going to be re-implemented sometime in a future patch (more than likely sooner than later since it's one of the things they've been doing internal testing on since the game launched).

I understand where you're coming from, Thio. It hasn't been the smoothest launch in the world and there's some pretty dumb **** still extant in the game; Azua's post pretty much summed up my gripes with SWTOR and more. Bioware hasn't been sitting on their laurels and not doing a damn thing with their product, though. They're addressing the issues as quickly as they can, and for just being two months in, they're doing a pretty good job of it. They've also been very receptive of feedback.

I know you've been playing WoW for a long time, man. A lot of us have. WoW got to where it was after years and years of fine-tuning and revamping, and perhaps millions and millions of dollars invested. Gotta give SWTOR a little more time than a couple of months.

Edit: I would also love to counter your point about the ****ty stories in WoW by saying this: LOL

I would rather endure something as poorly written as TOR's stories than the mess that's WoW's lore. But again, that's opinion.

Smooth Criminal

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
honestly though some of the stuff they left out or kept in even though it was broke is kind of inexcusable

if i did ops or flashpoints religiously i'd be kind of pissed at the bugs they encounter
some of them the boss drops nothing and some you have to redo the whole damn thing

but seriously i can't believe they haven't banned hackers yet

edit: man you guys
i like the lore of both games

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
honestly though some of the stuff they left out or kept in even though it was broke is kind of inexcusable

if i did ops or flashpoints religiously i'd be kind of pissed at the bugs they encounter
some of them the boss drops nothing and some you have to redo the whole damn thing
^

Yeah. The Infernal Council in the Eternity Vault didn't even drop loot for the longest time. >____> Until recently, that is.

The exclusion of combat logs threw me off, too. I thought that was a quality-of-life thing that was inherent to ALL MMOs. *shrugs.*

Like I said, though, it's been two months and Bioware's patching things up pretty well. That's why I'm still paying them money.

Edit: Lemme rephrase: I like WoW's setting. I do not like WoW's overreaching metaplot or the subplots for quests. At all.

Smooth Criminal

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
i'm still paying them money because while the bugs are annoying they haven't affected -me- in a way that would make me quit

when i run into one of those i'll let everyone know lol

Top Bottom