• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Woodbridge Presents: Masochistic K9 is Masochistic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Woodbridge Presents: Masochistic K9 is Masochistic

Livestream: http://www.twitch.tv/thetantalus

There will be a smashfest the night before starting at 7PM. You're all welcome to spend the night.

Banned:

iunno

NOTE: This is a house tournament. Just letting you know since some parents don't want their kids going to other people's houses.​

DATE/LOCATION:

September 17, 2011

13105 Quick Place
Woodbridge, Virginia 22193

Contact Information:
K-9: 571-201-4871

FEES:

Venue Fee - $5
Singles Fee - $10
Doubles Fee - $10 ($5/person)

PAYOUTS:

DOUBLES:

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

SINGLES:

1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%
5th: 2.5%

SCHEDULE:

11:00 AM: Doubles Signups
12:00 PM: Doubles Begin
4:00 PM: Doubles Ends/Intermission.
4:30 PM: Singles Signups
5:00 PM: Singles Begin

RULES:

http://apexsmash.com/rules/

ATTENTION!: Need Set-ups!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
2 months!? Hype, but I mean... make it earlier!

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
@ Omni: A month and a half :p

GOOD STUFF K9!

KageMurphy

Smash Master
This date was picked for 2 reasons. 1)It gives people enough time to request off work for the Saturday if needed, and since most of those people are drivers that matters a lot. 2)It creates enough time between Xanadu to keep the hunger to play another big event fresh in your minds.

This event will ****.

2fast

Smash Journeyman
Finally a hoodbridge tourney! I've missed the others (even though I live here) but I'll make this one for sure.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
2 months!? Hype, but I mean... make it earlier!
i was gonna in august but then i found out about xanadu and i don't wanna make it around the same time and compete with it ;x
College >_>
no u come
i wanna come,but its brawl x_X FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
o u kno ur gonna show up as always. make sure jerome has his venue fee, eh? :)

@all the first timers:

WB survival guide:

1. It can get really hot during the day. I'll try to bring a buncha fans to the house tho.

2. It can get really cold at night/morning.

3. Be careful about putting your food in the fridge. Make sure you mark it with something or Boss WILL eat it. no, rly.

4. Drivers that plan on staying late/spending the night on Saturday should park in the driveway, everyone else park on the side of the house or call my cell phone and I'll send EE out to show you where you can park.

5. Bring something to sleep in/on.

6. Don't throw the ****ing candy.

bedjy dious

Smash Rookie
help me plaese

can some one help me get to sign up for the tournaments.:scared: for the tournament in woodbriges va

KageMurphy

Smash Master
We will be using the official APEX 2012 Ruleset at this event, seen here:

Stages

Neutrals:

* Battlefield
* Final Destination
* Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
* Smashville
* Lylat

Counter Picks:

* Castle Siege
* Delfino Plaza
* Halberd
* Pokemon Stadium 1
* Frigate Orpheon

Rules

* 3 Stock
* 8 min. time limit
* Ledge grab limit: 35
* No Items
* Double Elimination
* All standing and walking infinites are banned except for ICs
Mk’s Infinite cape is BANNED
* DSR: You cannot counterpick the same stage you won on in a set unless the opponent agrees on it.
* First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. (Disputes settled by Rock-Paper-Scissors). The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.
* If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf’s over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
* If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD, the person who initiated the attack wins. IF the victory is shown that the person who was swallowed won, then the win goes to them bc they broke out of the swallow, whether the player’s realized it or not.
* If there is a dispute over controller ports then the two will rock paper scissors (best of 3) to determine who will be in which port.
* Each set is Best of 3. Loser’s Finals, Winner’s Finals, and Grand Finals are all Best of 5.
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
* You may not distract (ex: screaming at them to get out of an infinite) your opponent, penalty is a loss for that match of the set.

http://apexsmash.com/rules/

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
If you'd like, Kenny, I can teach you how to make the spaghetti/chicken curry during this event(I'll definitely remember it this time, because this is actually at your house)! In addition, I'll be bringing premade chicken curry or spaghetti to sell for lunch/dinner!

Would anyone like to team for this?

SixSixSheep

Smash Rookie
hey, I'm like new to these forums but I'm pretty good at Brawl I'd love to show up, can someone maybe PM me abut the universal tournament rules?

Kenrawr

Smash Master
If you'd like, Kenny, I can teach you how to make the spaghetti/chicken curry during this event(I'll definitely remember it this time, because this is actually at your house)! In addition, I'll be bringing premade chicken curry or spaghetti to sell for lunch/dinner!
awesome, i love your dad's cooking.
your chicken curry... was extremely good

and ken, idk.. I probably come with CK
o well that works too. jose is coming so i thought he'd scoop ya.
hey, I'm like new to these forums but I'm pretty good at Brawl I'd love to show up, can someone maybe PM me abut the universal tournament rules?
just check the OP for the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom