• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Women that have undeserved value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
@Topic Starter: Not necessarily true. The media wants you to believe that they are being worshipped but the majority of people don't. Experts like Dr. Laura Schlessinger rightly exclaim that this is all the cause of Feminista agendas.

This country is literally at a war against boys. Believe it or not we are slowly heading towards communism in this country.

Fried Ice Cream

Smash Ace
guys, in general, want girls more than vice versa.

Therefore....
There is a reason why women get all dressed up and look good. They don't spend hours on looking good to not be complimented/spoken on. The sole reason why they do it because they are looking for guys to compliment them. They need guys just as much, just maybe not sexually.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
@Topic Starter: Not necessarily true. The media wants you to believe that they are being worshipped but the majority of people don't. Experts like Dr. Laura Schlessinger rightly exclaim that this is all the cause of Feminista agendas.

This country is literally at a war against boys. Believe it or not we are slowly heading towards communism in this country.
I......uh.....wait, what?

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
I......uh.....wait, what?
LOL come ooooonnn you know its true.

Isn't it obvious? The media gives us wave after wave of feminista hogwash.

Next wave will include more promiscuity (which is good because girls will be easier to get).

The media is chock full of communists who want to censor the radio and everything else we have. Next thing you know it will be the governments responsibility to raise your children.

Why is it so bad that the media glorifies sex anyway? It ends up with conflicted girls who want nothing more than to be praised for their good looks and to feel "intimate" with their multiple sex partners. You guys have to realize that THIS IS THE OPPORTUNITY. THIS IS THE CHANCE TO SCORE AS MANY WOMEN AS POSSIBLE. These days all you have to do is FLATTER her and you've got it!

You know my post is funny, even I laughed while typing it but it is ssooooooo truuueee.

BAD

Smash Apprentice
If you vomit out another half-baked statement and call it a fact without citing a reputable and unbiased source you're going to get infracted.

And also, major cosmetic surgery like breast implants is not something that is available to a huge segment of the female population. These things cost money. Cosmetic surgery is not covered by insurance groups. It is not as simple as "want to be successful? GET THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OF SURGERY DONE, BAM!!!! THAT WAS EASY!"
Do most of the mods here have down-syndrome? I posted a link as to why bisexual women are more promiscuous than straight women. Not only that, it's pretty common sense as well when you think about it. Listen to the damn podcast that I posted in page 2 of this thread. You need more proof you say? Check this article out, but you have to pay for it:

http://sex.sagepub.com/content/8/4/445.full.pdf+html

I think it would be easier for you guys to listen to the podcast for FREE though. Also, I disagree with you that cosmetic surgery is hard to do or get money to do. Check this out:

http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/cosmetic-treatments/20-most-common-plastic-surgeries.htm

The cost of these procedures are going down as well because it's getting increasingly easier to do. It's not as cost-heavy as you think it is.

KingJiggyWiggy said:
I agree. Anyone who can't see this is blind.

SkylerOcon said:
Mostly that he's being a sexist prick. His ignorance towards bisexuals also isn't helping.
LOL, another mod on the attack and can't even refute my points.

I find it funny how you guys look a the cover and IMMEDIATELY discredit this book as trash without even reading it. There is a reason why this book is a best-seller, and it's not because he just teaches men how to be a pimp. Ever hear of not judging a book by it's cover?

BAD

Smash Apprentice
Because of the amount of people here who can't have an intellectual discussion without flaming, I consider this a troll thread and full of win!!!!

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
I'm just going to hit on a few topics before I go back to whatever I was doing that didn't make me rage a little on the inside.

First off, i'll agree that there are a lot of women on tv and in the media who are genuinely untalented and are only known for their bodies. It's a combination between sexuality in media and what America is used to. More people are interested in a pretty face and a good body than to smarts. It's not that it's what people immediately look for overall, but it's what people notice first when they meet someone new. Besides, let's look at women today. There are a lot of very beautiful women out there who don't get the attention they deserve. What do they see on tv? ****ty idiots on tv who have incredible (presumably) sex appeal but who can't even write their own name. Isn't it easier to act dumb and be beautiful than to work hard to make a name for yourself? Same with guys too. Jersey Shore is an amazing example of men who look good but are so incredibly stupid and self centered that I personally wish I could gouge my eyes out at the site of them.

So in reality it's not biased on which sex is worse than why does the media continue to crank out such garbage. Oh wait, I remember now. Sex sells. If you like it or not, it does.

Also, as much as I hate to put more fuel in the flame war, just because someone is bisexual doesn't mean they're more promiscuous. I personally am bisexual and I do not show myself off or anything like that. Even when i'm with my boyfriend I even get embarrassed kissing him in public. Even if I was dating another girl I would feel the exact same way. Just because I'm bi doesn't mean that i'm constantly looking for a good time. I'm not.

Now, I can't lie, I know many people of all sexualities who are promiscuous and many who are not. I don't care what statistics tell me as long as i'm true to myself and stay away from those who make me feel uncomfortable. Besides, people who are like that give a bad name to those who arn't.

Edit:
Also, I'm just wondering what's wrong with promiscuity.
Nothing is wrong with it unless you flaunt it excessively. It's ok from time to time but not every minute of the day. I just feel that if people do it constantly they're just treating themselves like an item. But that's just me.

BAD

Smash Apprentice
http://www.smartbreastaugmentation.com/costs.html

According to the above website, the average cost of a breast implant surgery is $7,100, which as Lugitoilet put it, is definitely not chump change that most people can throw around.

There's something in Psychology called an availability heuristic, which states that we tend to overestimate the frequency of events based on how easily the idea is brought to mind.

For example; plane crashes. We see plane crashes in the news all the time. In fact, one might suggest that plane crashes are the ONLY way an airplane can get into the headline news. However, do plane crashes occur often? Of course not. In fact, this website says that your chance of dying in a plane are 1 in 11 Million.
Therefore, the availability or prominence of plane crashes in the media causes people to believe that they happen much more frequently than they actually do.

So how does this relate? Name a female celebrity that hasn't had at least one instance of corrective surgery or elective surgery documented in the tabloids. Very few, right? Therefore, you're led to believe that since you hear about it all the time in the media, breast augmentation and other elective surgeries are essentially commonplace, which is not a true statement, as proven by the above.
I understand what you are saying about breast augmentation. It would be hard for an individual to gather up that much money for a procedure like that especially if your just a young girl starting out in life. But it's becoming common place for teens to get boob jobs as graduation gifts or birthday gifts. Getting a boob job is much easier overseas as well:

http://www.articlesbase.com/plastic...obs-cost-less-when-you-go-abroad-2382919.html

I think it's really easy to find a way to pay for the procedure if you REALLY want it.

Dourin-X said:
lso, I'm just wondering what's wrong with promiscuity.
The reason why people think promiscuity = bad is because people who are promiscuous tend to lie a lot to their partners and tend to lie and cheat in life in general.

Moon of the Strawberries said:
I'm just going to hit on a few topics before I go back to whatever I was doing that didn't make me rage a little on the inside.

First off, i'll agree that there are a lot of women on tv and in the media who are genuinely untalented and are only known for their bodies. It's a combination between sexuality in media and what America is used to. More people are interested in a pretty face and a good body than to smarts. It's not that it's what people immediately look for overall, but it's what people notice first when they meet someone new. Besides, let's look at women today. There are a lot of very beautiful women out there who don't get the attention they deserve. What do they see on tv? ****ty idiots on tv who have incredible (presumably) sex appeal but who can't even write their own name. Isn't it easier to act dumb and be beautiful than to work hard to make a name for yourself? Same with guys too. Jersey Shore is an amazing example of men who look good but are so incredibly stupid and self centered that I personally wish I could gouge my eyes out at the site of them.

So in reality it's not biased on which sex is worse than why does the media continue to crank out such garbage. Oh wait, I remember now. Sex sells. If you like it or not, it does.

Also, as much as I hate to put more fuel in the flame war, just because someone is bisexual doesn't mean they're more promiscuous. I personally am bisexual and I do not show myself off or anything like that. Even when i'm with my boyfriend I even get embarrassed kissing him in public. Even if I was dating another girl I would feel the exact same way. Just because I'm bi doesn't mean that i'm constantly looking for a good time. I'm not.

Now, I can't lie, I know many people of all sexualities who are promiscuous and many who are not. I don't care what statistics tell me as long as i'm true to myself and stay away from those who make me feel uncomfortable. Besides, people who are like that give a bad name to those who arn't.
I agree with most of what you say. In my own experiences when it came to dealing with dating bisexual women from my college, they would tell me of threesomes and getting gangbanged. It wasn't just one bisexual girl I was with, it was with several. However, I met very few straight women who were like that. Once I slept with a bisexual chick, she moved on pretty quickly. And I know that I am not the only guy who notices this.

I personally think that MOST bisexual women are more promiscuous than straight women from my experiences and from other guy's experiences, and that you are in the small minority that doesn't engage in free-for-all sex.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
As much as I may get flak for saying this, I don't think BAD is sexist. I just think he happens to have a way with words that makes things come out sounding worse than he intends them to.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
BAD and Livewire are correct. Neither of them are sexist and they stating pure fact. As a bisexual person myself I concur. It is fact that bisexual people have more lust than anyone else. The REASON I am bisexual is because I like sex (any Bi person should just admit that they don't actually LIKE the same gender, they just like the sex). None of BAD's posts are sexist.

My previous post was trolling but it has truth.

@SuperBowser: You need to question the source of your information. Okcupid is known to be biased in their "research." Just one look at that page tells me they are full of garbage. In their page they claimed that "Gay people are not sexually interested in straights." OMFG that is such a lie. A gay person got me into the Bisexuality in the first place (and other people I know went through the same thing). The lies are making me sick.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
BAD and Livewire are correct. Neither of them are sexist and they stating pure fact. As a bisexual person myself I concur. It is fact that bisexual people have more lust than anyone else. The REASON I am bisexual is because I like sex (any Bi person should just admit that they don't actually LIKE the same gender, they just like the sex). None of BAD's posts are sexist.

Your anectodal experience does not equal "facts" or "truth".

Do most of the mods here have down-syndrome? I posted a link as to why bisexual women are more promiscuous than straight women. Not only that, it's pretty common sense as well when you think about it. Listen to the damn podcast that I posted in page 2 of this thread. You need more proof you say? Check this article out, but you have to pay for it:

http://sex.sagepub.com/content/8/4/445.full.pdf+html

I find it funny how you guys look a the cover and IMMEDIATELY discredit this book as trash without even reading it. There is a reason why this book is a best-seller, and it's not because he just teaches men how to be a pimp. Ever hear of not judging a book by it's cover?
howstuffworks is not a reputable source. a relationship "expert" is not a reputable source. Because Tariq says something does not make it a "fact". I'll let you slide for now without an infraction but seriously, knock it off. This goes for everyone spouting personal experience and their own limited worldview and touting it as "fact".

BAD

Smash Apprentice

clearly this guy knows what he's talking about.
Damn straight!!! Tariq is GOD!!!!

KingJiggyWiggy said:
@SuperBowser: You need to question the source of your information. Okcupid is known to be biased in their "research." Just one look at that page tells me they are full of garbage. In their page they claimed that "Gay people are not sexually interested in straights." OMFG that is such a lie. A gay person got me into the Bisexuality in the first place (and other people I know went through the same thing). The lies are making me sick.
LMFAO!!! I was about to post the same ****. That site is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO biased and full of propaganda. Especially when it claimed that gay people are not attracted to straights.

Luigitoilet said:
howstuffworks is not a reputable source. a relationship "expert" is not a reputable source. Because Tariq says something does not make it a "fact". I'll let you slide for now without an infraction but seriously, knock it off. This goes for everyone spouting personal experience and their own limited worldview and touting it as "fact".
You know, it's hard to statistically prove that bisexuals are for the most part more promiscuous than straights. But I know from my own experiences and others that it is true. I can't show you a page that has a government seal on it that says bisexuals are more promiscuous. From my own experiences and many others, that seems to be the case though.

I HIGHLY recommend you listen to the podcast, because Tariq goes into detail as to why bisexuals are more promiscuous. It's a very entertaining show and will only be 30 minutes long. Also, Tariq is very credible in his field with dating women. He has been on several shows and goes around the country teaching men on how to properly deal with women.

Smash Master

The plural of anecdote is not data, and it makes me cringe when people seem to think otherwise.

Fried Ice Cream

Smash Ace
One man's views or teachings are not facts.

To people coming in with book covers and making sarcastic comments; Yes, the books do look dumb and only look that way to sell a lot, but that doesn't matter that much. What's more important is what's inside the book. Sadly, none of us but BAD knows what actually is >inside< the book, so we can't really discuss those points.
However, the cover a book SHOULD make you able to judge the whole book. Clearly not the case with this book (or maybe it is?)

But I think this thread is getting derailed. We're leaning more and more towards bisexuality, homosexuality and their promiscuity and sexual preferences. As far as I know, that wasn't even close to the OP, so going back to the original subject would be a good idea.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
@#'s guy: ORLY? This entire topic has been based off of hearsay evidence. Why are the opposing poster's statements any more true than mine?

@BAD: I know I know. Claiming that gay people aren't attracted to straight people has no logical basis. Its not like they have a secret Bi-Gay-Straight detector embedded in their brains...

EDIT: sorry for off-topic. I said those things because of the okcupid link.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
As a bisexual person myself I concur. It is fact that bisexual people have more lust than anyone else. The REASON I am bisexual is because I like sex (any Bi person should just admit that they don't actually LIKE the same gender, they just like the sex).
Hmm. I'm bi too and I've got more reserved sexual needs than my straight male friends.

Look, sexuality doesn't determine how high your libido is! Anyone of any sexuality can go crazy or be reserved!

And no I will not admit that I don't like the same gender because I DO and I HAVE A BOYFRIEND *facepalm

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
@BAD: I know I know. Claiming that gay people aren't attracted to straight people has no logical basis. Its not like they have a secret Bi-Gay-Straight detector embedded in their brains...
I understand what you mean and agree with it, but you always hear about people going around talking about "gaydar" after all.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
i brought up the link in reference to your claims certain groups of people are more promiscuous.

but, hey, ecological fallacies are fun. they make the world go round (: it's obvious you are set in your world views.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
It's not a fact and not every gay man has it lol, but most non straight men I know spend their entire lives searching for others like them. There are some signs (which aren't always right) that can clue someone into anonther's sexuality. These signs don't have to be something as flamboyant as wearing the color pink all the time; they can be simple things like gestures and facial expressions.

Of course, I've been wrong. Hell, I thought the current guy im dating was straight for four damn years lol. Not saying my gaydar hasn't been useful though... it is right most of the time.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
"Gaydar" is the biggest crock ever. I trip gaydars CONSTANTLY. I have had more guys declare attraction to me than girls by a factor of like 10:1 :(

Clownbot

Smash Lord
@#'s guy: ORLY? This entire topic has been based off of hearsay evidence. Why are the opposing poster's statements any more true than mine?
Why are your statements any more true than the opposing posters'? After all, you're one of the few people in this thread presenting your hearsay evidence as fact.

BAD

Smash Apprentice
i brought up the link in reference to your claims certain groups of people are more promiscuous.

but, hey, ecological fallacies are fun. they make the world go round (: it's obvious you are set in your world views.
Yes, you did bring up a link to my claims. But the source of your link is obviously bias and has a mentality that gay people and straight people are the same no matter what. That's not true, gay people and straight people have differences just like how boys are different from girls even though feminists propaganda says otherwise.

Maybe I am making an ecological fallacy. But I have not yet seen a bisexual person as sexually conservative as a straight person in my life. Most guys will agree with me on this one that bisexuals in general are more promiscuous than straights. Not saying that's a bad thing, it is what it is.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Maybe I am making an ecological fallacy. But I have not yet seen a bisexual person as sexually conservative as a straight person in my life. Most guys will agree with me on this one that bisexuals in general are more promiscuous than straights. Not saying that's a bad thing, it is what it is.
Not really. Broad generalizations like this aren't really a good basis for making a statement.

"I have not yet seen a bisexual person as sexually conservative as a straight person in my life."

Then you just haven't seen one yet. Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they don't exist.

Plus, how do you know who around you is bisexual?

I may be out there as an anonymous person to this forum, however not a SINGLE person at my work, class, or home knows I'm bisexual. If you saw me, I can almost guarantee you'd think I was straight. Therefore, when you "observe" around you'd be grouping me as a straight person. Also keep in mind, that I'm not so much of a rarity; There are tons of others like me, and they all keep their mouths shut.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
@BAD You're mistaking your opinions for facts.

Plus I think you're mixing up attraction to both sexes for promiscuity.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I'm pretty inclined to close this thread just because of the blatant trolling and ignoring of what one side is saying. That stuff really makes debates like this pointless.

Also, it's not that women are valueless today, it's that society today is fascinated with useless people. Reality TV requires a few things, but most important is good looks and a unique personality. With that in mind, people with little to no real skills can put into the limelight.

BAD

Smash Apprentice
Not really. Broad generalizations like this aren't really a good basis for making a statement.

"I have not yet seen a bisexual person as sexually conservative as a straight person in my life."

Then you just haven't seen one yet. Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they don't exist.

Plus, how do you know who around you is bisexual?

I may be out there as an anonymous person to this forum, however not a SINGLE person at my work, class, or home knows I'm bisexual. If you saw me, I can almost guarantee you'd think I was straight. Therefore, when you "observe" around you'd be grouping me as a straight person. Also keep in mind, that I'm not so much of a rarity; There are tons of others like me, and they all keep their mouths shut.
I understand what you are saying, but there is no way you can tell me that a bisexual person is more sexually conservative than a nun. I still take a stance that bisexuals are more promiscuous however.

Pluvia said:
Plus I think you're mixing up attraction to both sexes for promiscuity.
Promiscuity:

In human sexual behavior, promiscuity denotes sex with relatively many partners. Polygamy is distinguished from promiscuity.

From what I observed and from others, bisexuals tend to have many sexual partners. I mean seriously the average bisexual is more likely to participate in gangbangs and threesomes than the average straight person.

Crimson King said:
Also, it's not that women are valueless today, it's that society today is fascinated with useless people. Reality TV requires a few things, but most important is good looks and a unique personality. With that in mind, people with little to no real skills can put into the limelight.
I agree. The fascination with reality T.V. is what's putting people with no talent becoming famous for their looks (Kim Kardashian) or personality (Snooki).

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Nevermind, there's no getting through to you, you have your views and there's no changing them, plus I can feel myself getting stupider every time I read this thread.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I understand what you are saying, but there is no way you can tell me that a bisexual person is more sexually conservative than a nun.
What does this have to do with anything? It looks like you're trying to make a point but you're presenting a standard that can't even be met by heterosexuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom