• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Women that have undeserved value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAD

Smash Apprentice
Why is it that in America, women such as Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton get praised for doing nothing? If you notice over the past few years, more and more women are being worshiped for being ****s, party animals, and being drug abusers. Lindsey Lohan and Miley Cyrus come to mind as well. You can tell by today's shows such as "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" the women on that show have done nothing but be married to rich husbands, yet they are famous? They are famous for divorcing their men and bragging about how much money they get from alimony and that makes them famous? WTF?

Another thing I have noticed is that ONLY women are famous for generally nothing. Men usually have to be able to produce music, act, or have some type of talent to be recognized. I think American culture is worshiping women for just having a vagina and demonizing masculinity as a whole. Bisexuality in women has become the norm as well. 95% of the famous women today are openly bisexual, and I know for a fact that nearly all of the women at my university are bisexual as well. I think this promotes promiscuity and hinders long-term relationships which is why fewer people are getting married and over half of all marriages end in divorce.

Why are women praised so much for being ****s?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Why is it that in America, women such as Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton get praised for doing nothing? If you notice over the past few years, more and more women are being worshiped for being ****s, party animals, and being drug abusers. Lindsey Lohan and Miley Cyrus come to mind as well. You can tell by today's shows such as "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" the women on that show have done nothing but be married to rich husbands, yet they are famous? They are famous for divorcing their men and bragging about how much money they get from alimony and that makes them famous? WTF?

Another thing I have noticed is that ONLY women are famous for generally nothing. Men usually have to be able to produce music, act, or have some type of talent to be recognized. I think American culture is worshiping women for just having a vagina and demonizing masculinity as a whole. Bisexuality in women has become the norm as well. 95% of the famous women today are openly bisexual, and I know for a fact that nearly all of the women at my university are bisexual as well. I think this promotes promiscuity and hinders long-term relationships which is why fewer people are getting married and over half of all marriages end in divorce.

Why are women praised so much for being ****s?
I'm pretty sure NOBODY is "worshipping" or "praising" them. They are just famous.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
The guys from Jersey Shore are famous for doing nothing.

These people are famous because they make money for the networks and the media.

We just have a a consumer market with low standards. Everything network/media related is unsophisticated nowadays because they don't need to produce anything with quality to have the masses throwing their money at them.

The fact that people think Lady Gaga is so unique and amazing shows that. I'm amazed it has taken this long for someone to promote a blonde with an exaggerated dress sense that borders on escapism, as if it hasn't been obvious that the masses will gobble that up since Madonna was around.

BAD

Smash Apprentice
The guys from Jersey Shore are famous for doing nothing.
No where near as famous as Snooki.

Dre. said:
The fact that people think Lady Gaga is so unique and amazing shows that. I'm amazed it has taken this long for someone to promote a blonde with an exaggerated dress sense that borders on escapism, as if it hasn't been obvious that the masses will gobble that up since Madonna was around.
LOL, so true. Lady Gaga is such a poser. She does have talent to warrant her fame though. All the other *****es are just doing scandalous **** to be famous. Like having so called "leaked" sex tapes being found.

BAD

Smash Apprentice
You know you can't debate the truth so you just say that my post is crap and move on. K, that's cool.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
well, yeah. if you want to believe that you are welcome to.

the truth in this case is more along the lines of "I crawl out of a crippling depression, mustering enough motivation to go online and am greeted with a bunch of people who are probably still in high school spouting their stupid opinions about pop culture and sexuality as if they were credible sociologists and am so overwhelmed by the crushing cosmic pointlessness of conversation and life in general that I can't even make fun of it without being half-drunk"

Velox

Smash Ace
well, yeah. if you want to believe that you are welcome to.

the truth in this case is more along the lines of "I crawl out of a crippling depression, mustering enough motivation to go online and am greeted with a bunch of people who are probably still in high school spouting their stupid opinions about pop culture and sexuality as if they were credible sociologists and am so overwhelmed by the crushing cosmic pointlessness of conversation and life in general that I can't even make fun of it without being half-drunk"
Leave it to the credible sociologist to scoff. I usually don't post in threads that I think are so misguided. What would you say to those people who post something in the manner of which you speak of?

heh, I'm only messin with you because you're post was so articulate :D I think people who know about people are interesting (this isn't a sarcastic sentence).

BAD

Smash Apprentice
?

Anywayz, I think women are being praised for just having a vagina and being pretty in America.

BAD

Smash Apprentice
It's true though. A lot of unqualified women are celebs for really no reason other than being pretty women.

Velox

Smash Ace
BAD, you appear to be meeting opposition from the somewhat banal opinion-fearing everything-is-a-research-paper yet obstinate about the topic at hand (obviously girls use the fact that they're girls get ahead in a male dominate society even if it's on accident, it's a priori..)

also kids in high school would be more likely to be naive towards girls, not the other way around.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
BAD, I would LOVE to know why you seem so concerned/distraught about the topic. If you even are.

You almost sound a bit envious lol

BAD

Smash Apprentice
BAD, I would LOVE to know why you seem so concerned/distraught about the topic. If you even are.
Not distraught, just curious.

DTP said:
You almost sound a bit envious lol
A little. I would LOVE to get paid to have no talent or do nothing but party.

Osco316 said:
"Unqualified" in what way?

Who's to say that Tom Brady is more "qualified" than his supermodel wife? She gets paid to be pretty and he gets paid to throw a football.
Getting into the NFL requires WAY more skill and talent than just being born pretty.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I thought about quoting every post that made me laugh but that'd just take up too much space.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
And you question the merits of my perpetual intoxication?

:mad:

Edit: Oh and @ criticising pretty women for having no talent yet being in society's upper crust. If a man finds a woman attractive, it's generally a sign that she has good genetic makeup. Hot women are the lucky ones in the genetic lottery. If you can't take it, quit life, because it's not that Disney **** you expect it to be. Live your life and stop being so mad.

BAD

Smash Apprentice
Not hatin', just wonderin'. Your right though, women only need to be hot in order to have value. While a man generally has to do something to be of value.

skekasaurus

Smash Cadet
Women become easily famous and popular because everyone loves a little bit of eye candy. That's just how the world works, women control men because we all like some a$$. But those type of women, are easily forgotten. They come and go like the breeze, hence the word 'breezy'. ;) But those with true talent, whether male or female, are always going to have real recognition and are not so easily forgotten. So don't fret and try to understand american culture too hard. No one else in the world understands americans these days.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Not hatin', just wonderin'. Your right though, women only need to be hot in order to have value. While a man generally has to do something to be of value.
Not really. Men get money for being attractive just like women do - male models exist too, you know.

And I gotta say, the part in your OP about bisexuality was nothing more than ignorance. Equating bisexuality to promiscuity is offensive, as both straight and gay people have the ability to be promiscuous as well - just because people are bisexual doesn't mean they suddenly lose the ability to be in a long-term relationship.

Getting into the NFL requires WAY more skill and talent than just being born pretty.
Your right though, women only need to be hot in order to have value. While a man generally has to do something to be of value.
Yeah, you pretty much showed that you don't understand what you're talking about here. The NFL has value because it provides entertainment to people - millions of people enjoy watching American Football, and so, it has its value and place in our culture. However, by the same token, the lives and gossip surrounding these women that are famous just being hot provides entertainment to people. Thus, the shows and all the gossip magazines about hot chicks have a place in our culture for the exact same reason that the NFL does.

Fried Ice Cream

Smash Ace
This is a very sexist statement. Saying a woman can only have value if they're hot is one of the dumbest things I've heard. There have been great women who weren't hot, who contributed more to society than you ever will. I suppose you haven't heard of Marie Curie, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_****inson or Mother Teresa? I suppose these haven't really done much for society to say they are "of value" (oh, they are?), when compared to the likes of Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian.

You're making ridiculous assumptions, women don't need to be hot in order to have value. If a woman does nothing but being hot, what value would there even be in her?

BAD

Smash Apprentice
Not really. Men get money for being attractive just like women do - male models exist too, you know.
For a man to be attractive, he has to work out real hard in the gym. Kind of like living the lifestyle of a bodybuilder. You have to dedicate your time and money to have hard rock six pack abs and a chiseled chest. Women don't need to go to the gym or eat right as much. They only need breast implants and butt injections and voila! Your hot! Look at Nicki Minaj. She got a bunch of surgery done to her body and BAM!!! You have a hot *****.

Men, not so much.

SkylerOcon said:
And I gotta say, the part in your OP about bisexuality was nothing more than ignorance. Equating bisexuality to promiscuity is offensive, as both straight and gay people have the ability to be promiscuous as well - just because people are bisexual doesn't mean they suddenly lose the ability to be in a long-term relationship.
This guy disagrees with you:

http://ia331426.us.archive.org/0/items/TariqNasheedMackLessonsRadioShow2231/macklessons28.mp3

I recommend you listen to the whole thing.

SkylerOcon said:
Yeah, you pretty much showed that you don't understand what you're talking about here. The NFL has value because it provides entertainment to people - millions of people enjoy watching American Football, and so, it has its value and place in our culture. However, by the same token, the lives and gossip surrounding these women that are famous just being hot provides entertainment to people. Thus, the shows and all the gossip magazines about hot chicks have a place in our culture for the exact same reason that the NFL does.
You don't get it. Getting into the NFL in the first place is hard as ****. You have to have god-like skills and talent to even be able to play in the NFL. Anybody who makes it into the NFL deserves their fame. Being only hot does not deserve fame however.

Dourin said:
This is a very sexist statement. Saying a woman can only have value if they're hot is one of the dumbest things I've heard. There have been great women who weren't hot, who contributed more to society than you ever will. I suppose you haven't heard of Marie Curie, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_****inson or Mother Teresa? I suppose these haven't really done much for society to say they are "of value" (oh, they are?), when compared to the likes of Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian.
No it's not dumb, it's the truth. Would the public give a **** if Kim Kardashian knows how to perform brain surgery? No, the public only cares that she is hot. Why do so many men nowadays travel to Brazil to get with hot women and ignore the independent American women that have careers?

Yes a woman can do other things to contribute to society, but generally women are valued for their beauty most of the time. Everything else is secondary really.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I just kinda find this thread offensive and can't really make a comment without coming off as a total ***.

Not all athletes deserve fame, by the way.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
For a man to be attractive, he has to work out real hard in the gym. Kind of like living the lifestyle of a bodybuilder. You have to dedicate your time and money to have hard rock six pack abs and a chiseled chest. Women don't need to go to the gym or eat right as much. They only need breast implants and butt injections and voila! Your hot! Look at Nicki Minaj. She got a bunch of surgery done to her body and BAM!!! You have a hot *****.
Do you really believe that?

http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/kim-kardashians-favorite-workout

Hell yeah Kim K is hot, but she actually works at it like (gasp!) men do.

And conversely, if you're a lazy man:

http://www.infoplasticsurgery.com/pectoral-implants/

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
This. Also BAD please don't listen to non-bisexuals talk about bisexuality; how could you possibly understand if you aren't one yourself?

I'm not a ***** > . >.

I just kinda find this thread offensive and can't really make a comment without coming off as a total ***.

Not all athletes deserve fame, by the way.
Woman! Make me a sandwich. :awesome:

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Oh God, I didn't even notice the part about bisexuality being the downfall of the institution of marriage. This thread just keeps getting better. And by better, I mean much, much worse.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Is that...a promiscuous man in your avatar?

Clearly he learned it from all the hot bisexual women with no real worth that are worshiped by society

BAD

Smash Apprentice
Do you really believe that?

http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/kim-kardashians-favorite-workout

Hell yeah Kim K is hot, but she actually works at it like (gasp!) men do.

And conversely, if you're a lazy man:

http://www.infoplasticsurgery.com/pectoral-implants/
Yes I believe what I am saying. Men GENERALLY have to go to the gym like it's their new found religion in order to get model type bodies. Women GENERALLY do not have to go to the gym as much to be hot, they really only need surgery.

TigerWoods said:
This. Also BAD please don't listen to non-bisexuals talk about bisexuality; how could you possibly understand if you aren't one yourself?
So I guess if your not a professional Melee player than you shouldn't even comment on the competitive meta-game either? How could you possibly understand the meta-game if you not a pro player?

TigerWoods said:
Woman! Make me a sandwich. :awesome:
Damn straight!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom