• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf's Metagame Thread

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Finding 5 dollars is like a five dollar footlong for Ish.

Quiznos now has that deal too.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
oh man what did i, and ganon start? o.o

finding five dollars is like finding a little ceasars pizza

Choice

Smash Champion
finding five dollars is like finding two dinners from Heavenly Healthy Foods.

Choice

Smash Champion
finding five dollars would be sufficient for barracuda drifter to start a multi-million dollar corporation.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Finding five dollars would be insufficient motivation for barracuda drifter to advance the wolf metagame even further.

NOW WE'RE BACK ON TOPIC

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Finding five dollars would be insufficient motivation for barracuda drifter to advance the wolf metagame even further.

NOW WE'RE BACK ON TOPIC
Yes, back on topic...

So about that Barracuda Drifter... Does anyone use dtilt at all? Because I really can't find a real application for it in my game outside of wall locks >_>

:059:

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
sometimes when i dont want to approach all the way i'll do a retreating AC fair then right when i land i'll dtilt and catch them if they rush after me. even if the dont rush or shield it'll hit their shield and push them back far enough to not get you punished.

if they're recovering badly at low percents and i dont wanna stale dsmash then dtilt is a good alt.
i like just throwing it out as mixup everyonce and a while, but if it does hit and trip them i'm always too surprised to capitalize on it ><

Choice

Smash Champion
I'll use dtilt out of a jab jab as a mix up and i know there are certain times when i'll buffer a dtilt but i can't really think up when. It's usually when i'm in the middle of some string of moves and i have momentum. It just seems like the right move to use and so then i do.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
yeah its like utilt, i never really think about them being my next move but when i need one more hit or juggle they're there.
hmm if you SH dair it doesnt have too much lag does it? you could feint a dair then throw out a dtilt when they try and punish you

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
Dtilt after shine if my opponent is not in jab range, should be a combo against most chars =O

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i dont think very many ppl would be expecting it either so its garenteed to work at least once. most ppl tend to after they've been shined so you can run up and grab them as well

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i love tekkie, just sayin'
<3

but on topic... i think that jump shine, more nair and reliable flash canceling all definitely give wolfs metagame a healthy boost in recovery, mixups, offensive and defensive options
what do you guys think?

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
definitely dude. there is SO much you can do with flash canceling. using it for mind games to land a killer or hit, or even to recover. it's definitely something we should all work on

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
sadly enough, that's true. it could be used for someone who airdodges, then you can punish them with their landing lag. idk i'm just trying to find ways i implement it XD

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
i love tekkie, just sayin'
<3

but on topic... i think that jump shine, more nair and reliable flash canceling all definitely give wolfs metagame a healthy boost in recovery, mixups, offensive and defensive options
what do you guys think?
Nair only works against stupid players, it's definetely not a good option. When they are in Nair range most players will already have made an input for an attack and if both attacks clash you will be sent offstage again and your opponent will take about 0.5% damage, lol.

Bair is a far better recovery option, of course you have to turn around before by using blaster or shine, so DI is important here otherwise there won't be enough time for such a turnaround.

And Luminoth, using flash cancelling for punishing airdodges limits your options, just follow their DI by running or walking and use the right move to punish then.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Nair only works against stupid players, it's definetely not a good option. When they are in Nair range most players will already have made an input for an attack and if both attacks clash you will be sent offstage again and your opponent will take about 0.5% damage, lol.
No, if you're using Fair a lot, the opponent won't be throwing out attacks since nearly none beat it, if you mix in Nair once in awhile, its good shield pressure. So, use Fair more and Nair will be more useful.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Nair as recovery? That warranted a frown. No. That sounds awful. Recovery should be done with flash cancels and out maneuvaring your opponent (if they chase). Hell, even if they don't, it's still an option.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Bump...

because right now, wolfs are playing better than they ever were. 2 wolfs ranked top 2 in their region and 4 wolfs on power rankings overall!

congrats guys! I'm proud of you

John102

Smash Cadet
I wish I had the means to go to tourneys, but as it is I think I'll stay a wifi pup forever, never being able to experience the true wild that is offline brawl tourneys.

Wtf am I talking about once I get my license Imma kick all yolls *****, starting with seagull =3

Nahh, but I plan on going to some close stuff, as in Fredericksburg which is only an hour away, and I think that's where most of the big brawl stuff in VA is held.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
if we had power rankings i'd be in the-

oh we do.... and everyone in washington is way better than me :(
i wanna be the first power ranked wolf/snake evar ;~; but i suxors

Top Bottom