• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Wolf's Match-Up's ~

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
I think its neutralish. I mean bowser has a lot of OOS options and hes quite a heavy character. And his tilts are really good too as well as the teh fire which can be annoying if he gets you with it.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
yeah but bowser's gigantic size makes him the ideal target to my generic wolf strategy. I can't even imagine how a bowser will be able to keep up with my pressure tactics.

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
i seriously am really curious how the match would go, cuz your shield pressuring is pretty good, and you have a pretty fast paced playstyle. I think bowser has trouble keeping up with fast char's, but his oos options and good ground game make up for it i feel. I wish i could play bowser against a good wolf player, cuz i know how i feel about the match up playing as wolf.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I agree with this.
I agree with this, too.

Really though, larger characters are just asking to get smacked around by wolf, but Bowser holds up a bit better than most. What does he do if we get below him though? Airdodge, then fall into another attack that sends him back up? Or dair, which sucks, and get sent back up in the ridiculous landing lag after doing 3 damage? Seriously, I want to know.

EDIT: I never realized I had 666 posts before posting this :(

:059:

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
the issue with bowser is that pressuring his shield is difficult cuz of his up b oos. It has invincibility frames and a big range at start up. When you are below him in the air you win, like you said.

Jeet Kune Do

Smash Apprentice
I think Wolf can definitely do it though. Basic shield pressure moves like bair/nair to jab combo will generally beat most bowsers who try to take the hits of shield rpessure. Mix in grabs and you've got this. It takes a smart but also risky (since his body is so big compared to his shield) to actually try to block all the attacks of a good Wolf's shield rpessure.

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
(since his body is so big compared to his shield)
no his shield is just as big as his body, it covers it really well.

Basic shield pressure moves like bair/nair to jab combo will generally beat most bowsers who try to take the hits of shield rpessure. Mix in grabs and you've got this.
-bowser can up b to hit you out of your bair, unless if it clanks, i cant really test that on my own though.
-nair = you get hit by bowsers up b oos
-jab combo = you get hit by bowsers up b oos if he didnt already up b for some reasona
-grabs are also beaten by up b.

when someone is invincible, you cant do anything to them. pressuring the shield must be done with caution, and not with nairs or jabs or anything that leaves you nearby.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
i guess i'll just see if i can play any "good" bowser and show you guys what i mean by my shield pressure. There's so much more to just fhop rising bair to fast fall rising bair.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I just wanted to throw in that Inferno Omni won the latest C3 tournament with Bowser. He beat Candy (who used Wolf) in grand finals. You should check the results out (hopefully there are vids too)....G-reg got 3rd with Jiggs...no MK/Snake in top3...

It's like:

Omni - Bowser
Candy - Wolf
G-reg - Jiggs

Thats not only quite funny to see but also shows some things:

1.) Candy does still use Wolf and places very well
2.) Points for Wolf on the character rankings list
3.) Bowser beating Wolf is possible
4.) Bowser is still underrated and possibley borderline viable

castorpollux

Smash Champion
I just wanted to throw in that Inferno Omni won the latest C3 tournament with Bowser. He beat Candy (who used Wolf) in grand finals. You should check the results out (hopefully there are vids too)....G-reg got 3rd with Jiggs...no MK/Snake in top3...

It's like:

Omni - Bowser
Candy - Wolf
G-reg - Jiggs

Thats not only quite funny to see but also shows some things:

1.) Candy does still use Wolf and places very well
2.) Points for Wolf on the character rankings list
3.) Bowser beating Wolf is possible
4.) Bowser is still underrated and possibley borderline viable

Btw guys, that tournament results thread was a joke. Omni didn't use bowser and candy didn't go all wolf if he used wolf at all.
Gheb, I checked youtube. The only matches from C3 they have are MK vs Snake :(

My guess would be that omni was the mk and candy was the snake.

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
wolf boards just lack organization, back when i was a part of the kirby boards we had our crap together with the match up thread.

Gheb has done a good job of at least having the front page organized. i mean we have at least something on everyone. *shrugs*

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Too bad that I never updated it for like 6 months. Most match-up's don't apply to about 75% of the people (numbers are useless anyways), especially those who actually go to tournaments so I gave up on them. Match-up threads are fake compromise. You get about 2 people with experience and somehow you have to keep a bunch of random people satisfied as well.

I rather play the game than discuss stuff that doesn't even matter to me (or anybody who plays the game seriously).

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
Yea but matchups are a way to determining advantages and disadvantages but that doesnt apply in every situation tho. We could always replace the numbers with things like huge advantage/small advantage/etc.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
gheb ur so full of **** dude when you say youd rather play the game than discuzz anything.

you have so many BS posts and threads etc why do you think anybody knows who ur scrubby *** even is lol

i have like not even 500 posts in 4 years why? cuz i dont bull**** around on the boards like you lol.

such a silly boy

lololol

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
this has to bee the gayest match up ever. d3 vs wolf. thee only place ive ever beatend a realllly good d3 was in battlefield it it took a good 12 minutes good thing the tourney didnt have time limit. any advise incase if i get counter picked again?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
this has to bee the gayest match up ever. d3 vs wolf. thee only place ive ever beatend a realllly good d3 was in battlefield it it took a good 12 minutes good thing the tourney didnt have time limit. any advise incase if i get counter picked again?
Cry in a corner?

Idk, ban delfino for starters. Castle Seige too, cause of the potential walkoff. Your best shot against a DeDeDe would probably be running the clock, and platforms help IMO. Try to get him airborne with fairs, it works fairly well (lolpun).

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Cry in a corner?

Idk, ban delfino for starters. Castle Seige too, cause of the potential walkoff. Your best shot against a DeDeDe would probably be running the clock, and platforms help IMO. Try to get him airborne with fairs, it works fairly well (lolpun).

lol funny cuz my names emo lol smartt ha
but yeaa that what i did justtt timeee i guess and in the airrr keep em three.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
lol funny cuz my names emo lol smartt ha
but yeaa that what i did justtt timeee i guess and in the airrr keep em three.
Lol, that was a serious suggestion, it had nothing to do with your name :p

Did anyone get to talk to a japanese player about that grab-release thing?

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
which grab realse?? i dont think d3 has that on wolf right?? like wario cuz if he does then thatsss justt tooo fxcked up lol

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Toon Link's are discussing Wolf stage counterpicks and bans!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209912

It'll only take like 2-3 minutes. Just post what you think is a good/ bad stage for Wolf (against Toon Link) and why.
It can be like one sentence or something. Just put some amount of an explanation please. ^_^

Wolf is broken at battlefield against TL I swear.
It's unwinnable for me. =(

Top Bottom