• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf Players

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
My reason is it makes Wolf better in terms of recovery and almost no Wolf does it.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
It's a huge help recovering and dodging potentially lethal edge guarding. That's about it, as far as I'm concerned. It also speeds up recovery onto the stage.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
My reason is it makes Wolf better in terms of recovery and almost no Wolf does it.
I just aim for the edge and don't have a purpose to do it on stage. I aim to side b people a bunch though, but not actually cancel it.

Oh and why such a random thing Larry lol?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
This is a good thread.

I was playing the computer yesterday and the Wolf jumpshined into a sideB cancel... And I remember thinking "didn't someone bring this up half a year ago, and yet nobody uses it?"

Anyways, yeah flash cancel is very good for many things ;D

:059:

castorpollux

Smash Champion
This is a good thread.

I was playing the computer yesterday and the Wolf jumpshined into a sideB cancel... And I remember thinking "didn't someone bring this up half a year ago, and yet nobody uses it?"

Anyways, yeah flash cancel is very good for many things ;D

****ing computers. i've been trying to get that down forever

Sumer

Smash Ace
Get @ my illusion cancel skillz. I was going to make a thread like this cause I never see anyone use it, but I was too lazy. XD But yeah..I already posted that more wolves should use it more in one of the threads. <.<

.AC.

Smash Lord
im consistent with it, it only took me a times to get it to work since i started maining him =)

castorpollux

Smash Champion
im consistent with it, it only took me a times to get it to work since i started maining him =)
I'm consistent with it on the ground but not in the air. How do you adjust the timing for the air?

.AC.

Smash Lord
at first i thought you had to press B during startup, then i tried doing it later, right before he advances. since i couldn't get it consistent enough, try doing it as soon as you think he will advance, and delay it a little bit for the medium length cancel. i am not sure if there is a difference between air/ground so what i did is to try try using the sounds as a cue for when to press it, you'll eventually get used to it enough that you will be able to do it consistently , even without sound/under pressure etc.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
the sounds r the best thing to get used to. the sound of his hmph...n the sound of when its sposed to flash..at least thats how i do it

Laem

Smash Champion
^ I do the same

But woe is me when i need the long cancel and get the short.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
for some reason i can only to the long cancel in the air and short on ground. after you take a stock off your opponent short cancelling across the stage and back is mad fun

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I used to be able to go consistently between long and short, been a while since I've played Brawl much though so I'm probably worse at it now. I never mess up and do a short one instead of a long one though, since I like to be cautious.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
as wolf? why dont you post in the Q&A thread or the social on any troubles you're having, we'd be more than happy to help out. you can also go to the wolf chat and talk with us

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
as wolf? why dont you post in the Q&A thread or the social on any troubles you're having, we'd be more than happy to help out. you can also go to the wolf chat and talk with us
The point of the thread is that WE have to learn, not the OP. =P haha Unless I misunderstood ya, Golden.

pulse131

Smash Ace
ya most of the time i dont get the timing right and end up getting the short one and phailing pretty bad. whenever my enemy isnt close enough to possibly edge guard me i try different angles with up b to recover instead to keep that ''in tune''. dont know bout you guys but if i dont work with his up b after a while i start to suck recovering again whenever i do need up b.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
sorry saphy, my comment was directed to Roxasde who said he/she was having difficulty playing as wolf, certainly not DEHF XDDD

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
sorry saphy, my comment was directed to Roxasde who said he/she was having difficulty playing as wolf, certainly not DEHF XDDD
K, bro, I was just makin sure. haha Cheers.

To make this post relevant, I absolutely suck at doing the cancel. Woe is me (like this phrase). But really, someone should make a good video guide to...go more in depth. Show us exactly where the frames are and what not.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I do it, im not exactly a wolf though.. wolf is legit fun :) him and his light stepping. :D

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
What? There is a female Wolf player?

Welcome, and DEHF is right, should be able to do this more consistently...

a wise man once told me "there are not girls on the internet"
that rule still stands :p
mashing b works sometimes but it fails when you need it the most. just go into trainging and sit there experimenting with the timing, thats how i did it

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
you guys should try to do this the way i do it. (some of you might already do it)

this helps me A LOT with the timing. after i hit over+b i roll the control stick down and once i reach down, i hit b again. this helps more on the ground than in the air for some reason. it might just be me XD i can get the ground cancel almost every time, but it's hard to get the longer cancel if you're trying for it

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
thats actually interesting cause if you could reliable make a muscle movement like that over and over again then it would become much easier to do consistantly, like how i adapted to sliding my thumb all over the place for wolfs oos options.

John102

Smash Cadet
Wolf's flash cancel seems a lot hared than the other spacies =/ plus I don't think I would really ever use the flash cancel on the ground, maybe if I'm on a platform or something, but I still don't see too much use for it. In the air I agree that it's important however....

Lol, as for getting it down consistently, I haven't done that yet, so I just mash B and hope that it ends up canceled xD I should work on that I guess.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
yeah i was just practicing it adept and i got it like 20 times in a row mixing it up with air and ground cancels haha. try it out! it really works for me

and yes his is WAY harder than fox and falco's sadly enough haha. falco's is super easy

e/ i've been messing around with this and, while it's not entirely useful, you can run toward the ledge, turn around, and flash cancel and your momentum makes you slide off the ledge and you sweet spot the ledge. also, on levels like SV you can stand near the center and medium flash cancel toward the ledge and snatch it. that's pretty useful for a hug if you can't make it to the ledge in time.

there's so much we can do with this :O

Destrawr

Smash Cadet
Eh.
I try not to get myself in positions where i need it, but i find thinking inside my head "Bam" then pressing it tends to get a perfect timing about 90% of the time :/

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
whatever works for you. while you have a point that you shouldn't get into a position where you need it, but it's always good to have it in your arsenal of options if the right opportunity arises.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
e/ i've been messing around with this and, while it's not entirely useful, you can run toward the ledge, turn around, and flash cancel and your momentum makes you slide off the ledge and you sweet spot the ledge.
if anyone's interested, i figured out how to do this. you long FC to the edge of the stage (not to the ledge) and then you FC back the other direction. you can scar the ledge with this. you can only do this when you pretty much perfectly make it to the edge with his long FC. you'll know when you do it because you almost fall through the ledge into a side+b.

this isn't THAT useful, but i suppose it's just an interesting property of his FC. like how his DA makes him fall through moving platforms.

i'll post a video if anybody is interested XD

e/ after testing again, if you don't scar the ledge you only stand up on the edge instead of grabbing the edge. >< i thought i was actually on to something! lol. i suppose it could be useful still for mind games.

Top Bottom