• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
I was just going by the last names. I know they dont really have an ethnicity. Meh. mabe it was just another random stupid thought.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Well, it isn't a matter of opinion, Wolf MUST be in before any other Star Wolf characters. Can't put the secondary pilot without putting the main. It would be like putting in Falco and not Fox.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I'm greatly hoping that the Star Fox franchise's contribution to Brawl is four characters:
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Leon

My life would be complete, and Brawl would be my favorite game of all time.

kaid

Smash Master
I disagree. While Leon is much more established than Krystal, Leon provides no appreciable addition to the game (outside a potentially interesting moveset) that Wolf does not. Krystal, on the other hand, is a female, a major storyline character in two games (Adventures and Command) and has a less technological aspect than the other characters in starfox.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Why do we have a starfox characters debate in the O'donnel thread if we have a starfox character debate thread. "Isnt it ironic.......dont'cha think"

Take the Leon vs Krystal debate outside (by which i mean the SF debate thread). Anything with Wolf belongs here. You all know that.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
I strongly agree with this, I would rather see this character in brawl over any other starfox character by far.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
We've already got one fox clone... why put in a second?

I don't care what the moveset says. You know that if they can't make falco his own moveset, they can't do it for wolf either

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
The only SF character that has a chance of not bing a clone is Krystal because that staff allows for a completely unique moveset... all oher charcters would probably be clones or semiclones

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Except that if falco is in he won't be a clone, stop BSing and read at least a few of the past stages about why he wouldn't be a clone. That's like saying that they obviously wouldn't have been able to think up a moveset for ganondorf.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
No it's not at all, look at how different G.Dorf and Capt. Faclon are in everything except movesets.

Wolf is practically fox. They are both humanoid space canines that pilot space planes... I've seen all of the arguments for him and all of thems pretty much just say "Ignore that fact" well, unfortunately, you can't just ignore that.

There is nowhere near enough difference between them to merit Wolf nabbing a precious character spot when so many others are more deserving.

It's just not going to happen. The most that you c an hope for is and Alt. Outfit of Fox

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Look how different Falco and Fox are, so what you're saying basically is because they're similar animals it OBVIOUSLY means that they MUST have the same moveset if they're in a game.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
No, not at all since many characters are human.

It'n not just the species (and, BTW, your example wasn't that great because Falco is less similar to fox than Wolf is AND falco is a more important charcater, yet the two are clones) It's everything. Nothing about Wolf really sets him apart from Fox enough for him to be a unique character.

I know that Wolf has some fans out there, but they are just fooling themselves if they think that he has any great chance of making it in.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Think about this for a moment. Luigi has the greatest chance out of anyone to be a Mario clone. He's Mario's twin, for crying out loud. Yet he has his own moveset and plays completely differently.

And you're saying that Wolf is guaranteed to be a Fox clone because "they're too similar."

Besides, the reason for clones in the first place (as kaid subtley pointed out) is that Melee was rushed. The clones were last-second additions, and the team didn't have enough time to write out original movesets. It's been reported that the developement for Brawl is ahead of schedule. Going by that, they have ample time to put in virtually any character with an original moveset. Any Nintendo character (and some third-parties) is fair game; it's only a question of what's going on in Sakurai's head.

C'mon, on this board, it takes a few minutes to come up with a basic B-moveset, and a little longer for a complete set. We're talking about people who know what they're doing with this game; I'm pretty sure they can come up with much better movesets than we can.

And...other than the "he'll be a clone" argument, why else shouldn't Wolf make it in?

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
The only SF character that has a chance of not bing a clone is Krystal because that staff allows for a completely unique moveset... all oher charcters would probably be clones or semiclones
This has been covered. Read the previous pages.

Edit: Yarg, this guy is dumb.

K, they are like in appearance: They are from the same game and from the same world. Fire Emblem characters Sigurd and Ike look alike, so I suppose that means they're practically the same person? No. Identical twins? They look IDENTICAL. Does that mean one can't be a psychotic axe murderer and the other can't be a lawyer? No, because they're different people.

Fox and Wolf are different people. They do not have much in common after their looks (Which, if you scrutinize, are not all that simillar), yet you continue to cry your stand as if you were clinging to some imaginary hope for diversity which would be satiated if Wolf were implemented as a character anyway.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Think about this for a moment. Luigi has the greatest chance out of anyone to be a Mario clone. He's Mario's twin, for crying out loud. Yet he has his own moveset and plays completely differently.

And...other than the "he'll be a clone" argument, why else shouldn't Wolf make it in?
That's a lie. Doc had the greatest chance of becoming a mario clone ;) now, as for why Luigi is different? Think about how popular and major of a character Luigi is. Luigi has been around for a LONG time and is a VERY major character. He also has a following to huge to ignore. Wolf Scarcely competes in any of those areas.

The point is that Of the SF characters, Fox Falco and Krystal would probably be in before Wolf. Fox for the obvious reasons, Falco for overwelming popularity and Krystal for originality (the only SF character that didn't was famous before even setting foot into an arwing. That staff is her saving feature. She is the only SF character that would naturally not be a clone of fox.) Also, she is a female, and, though it shouldn't be a factor, it increases her chances because there aren't many female characters. Wolf would be the obvious 4th choice from SF, but he really lacks the firm ground to push into SSB:B before characters of other franchises. He's not even a main villian. He is famous as nothing but sort of shadow image of Fox. Nothing about him quite merits kicking other characters out of the way to make room for him as a character.

If there is room for him after better characters get in, then I say Take him, but space for characters is a major issue, and there are many more deserving than bizaro fox.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Wolf > Falco > Fox > doing a barrel roll > peppy (rabit) > krystal > an asteroid > slappy(frog) > andross

That's my order of importance for starfox character in brawl. Wolf is the coolest character I've seen out of all the starfox series, closely followed by Falco. As you can see, I dont rate Krystal very high, I dont see anything unique about her other than just a female version of fox. OOhh wow she has a staff.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Wolf > Falco > Fox > doing a barrel roll > peppy (rabit) > krystal > an asteroid > slappy(frog) > andross

That's my order of importance for starfox character in brawl. Wolf is the coolest character I've seen out of all the starfox series, closely followed by Falco. As you can see, I dont rate Krystal very high, I dont see anything unique about her other than just a female version of fox. OOhh wow she has a staff.
you're kidding, right? shes psychic, a vessel capable of channeling Krazoa, and... wait. What's up with this... you guys just keep attacking krystal rather than supporting Wolf. That shows weakness in an argument when you focus far too much on attacking rather than defending. Let me ask you this, what's so unique about wolf besides being the antifox? And the staf that Krystal weilds assures that she wouldn't become a clone... Wolf will almost certainly either be a clone or not get in at all.

I'm done here. If someone actually breaks new ground and stops talking in circles about "OMG Wolf is teh roxors and Krystal is like poopoo" then someone can come find me.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
you're kidding, right? shes psychic, a vessel capable of channeling Krazoa, and... wait. What's up with this... you guys just keep attacking krystal rather than supporting Wolf. That shows weakness in an argument when you focus far too much on attacking rather than defending. Let me ask you this, what's so unique about wolf besides being the antifox? And the staf that Krystal weilds assures that she wouldn't become a clone... Wolf will almost certainly either be a clone or not get in at all.

I'm done here. If someone actually breaks new ground and stops talking in circles about "OMG Wolf is teh roxors and Krystal is like poopoo" then someone can come find me.
Nobody wants to come find you because you're a dickheaded little furry fanboy with no capacity for intellectual debate: When your points are inevitably adressed, disproven and dismissed, you either ignore or reiterate them.

Go to the Krystal thread and stay there.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Yep, I find it funny thoguh that he came in here and now dismisses OUR reasonable arguements (the ones I posted to counter his amoung others) as being stupid after he's said "Wolf can't be original because he's like fox in looks and type of animal" as well as the good old one we've discussed "Wolf has nowhere to gain a moveset from so must be a clone" Yep I'm glad he's gone as he was really breaking new ground in stupidity. A lot of the peoplein this thread DON'T spend ages saying "Krystal is gay" and such, most of the points including her were adult arguements between people discussing the chances of people making it in.

Lastly he was saying about how wolf doesn't nearly have as much as a fanbase as Luigi, no ****, he's mario's brother! So what you're saying Krystal does?

Personally I'd say both characters have a large fanbase and both have around equal chances of being in Brawl, I hope both of them are, not because I like Krystal (hate her mostly) but because it'd make for some cool fights and nice additions to the roster.

Finally to (I think) Kaid, Krystal has a incredibly small chance of being a clone (it'd never really happen, such a low chance) due to her being same as others in assault. But yeh she basically has no chance of clonage, hehe "clonage".

NeMo =)~

Smash Apprentice
Well I personally am not a FAN, I am not a hater. But my friend loves this character and him being in it will ensure that he dies later in life happy instead of sad. I also think that Flying monkey or w/e the hell it is, is a incredibly stupid idea. So I'll say I do want Wolf O'Donnel in.

charburner6

Smash Apprentice
yo, as much as i like wolf, i really think krystal shuld get in b4 wolf pus she opens up a new moveset, the game needs more gurls, and she is actually part of the starfox team.

And from now on, lets use infernos "clonage" term to refer 2 the chances of people bein cloned. if we use it enough, it can go in the smash dictionary!

and 2 all u leon supporters- i think leon is extra gey- too much of a gay character 2 be put in brawl (gay as in uncool like slippy, not homosexual-in which case then yes, homosoexual)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom