• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Anyways, as for your question Vulpine, the black mage guy basically summed it up. Wolf is the pre-main boss boss battle in Star Fox, you can fight Wolf on the Bolse Satellite, Fichina, and Venom II. In Adventures he doesn't make an appearance. In Assault you fight him and his crew at the Sargasso Hideout, and you help him fight off the Aparaoids in the Cornerian City AND he helps you fight through the Queen's hive on the final stage AND I believe he helps you again at the Cornerian Orbital Gate.
Wait....I dont think I asked that question.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
Wow. I should have realized I was addressing a thread of rabid fanboys before I posted. I'd cop a retort, but I'm afraid it would be all but useless against your logic-defying fanaticism..
Posts like this are what are known as a cop out.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Most... avoid... debate... with... kaid... urge... to... argh... cannot... contain...

Leon should be in over Krystal. Krystal is inferior. Wolf is the dominant one. I will not be partaking in any recommendations of Krystal. Krystal's want has probably already reached Sakurai's ear more than enough times for him, by now, anyways.

I read your post and signed your petition, Yoshiherder. Well done.

Well, as I won't be argueing against other people as to why and why not Wolf should be in Brawl, but rather, pointing out facts and reasons that suggest Wolf should be in Brawl to Sakurai I'll be bringing up slightly different points. For example, I won't have to say, "He won't be a clone." It's Sakurai, unlike us, he does decide what happens and what doesn't.

EDIT: These are the general and vague points I have made that I'll make paragraphs out of in the letter.

1. Star Fox is one of Nintendo’s more popular franchises.
2. Star Wolf is the rivaling gang to Star Fox.
3. Wolf and Leon are the rivals, or counters, to Fox and Falco.
4. Wolf and Leon, Wolf more so, have a good back story and are dynamic characters.
5. The only other main villains or antagonists of the Star Fox franchise are General Scales, Andross, and the Aparoid Queen. General Scales is presumed dead, but otherwise, he’s hardly a noteworthy character and strays far from the general idea of the Star Fox series. Andross is a cumbersome and unruly idea, as he entirely lacks a body and also lacks variety. The Aparoid Queen is dead and would just be an illogical choice do to size and character.
6. The Star Fox series lacks a villain in the Smash Brothers series, while most other main franchises have villains such as the Mario and Zelda series.
7. It would be a great tribute to Star Fox fans to have Fox vs. Wolf in hand to hand combat.

Revisions? Ideas?
My post on page 38.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I don't want to, because the arguement, on both sides of the spectrum, will be more over speculation and opinion based rather than factual and well-founded. It'd be a type of debate where, "Well if this is ture, then this is true," and the response, "Well if that were to happen, then this certainly is the case."

kaid

Smash Master
Ah, but those are the funnest kind! Just look at the "Who's the most powerful Nintendo character" thread in the light house!

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
The Black Mage guy would kill you both and stop the pointless argument. -_-

Seriously, as cool as Leon is, there's no way Star Fox is getting more than two more characters (I personally think two's stretching it) in Brawl. Wolf and Krystal are both the two most popular characters to be added (I've yet to see a poll where Leon places higher than either). If there are three new additions from this series...a) I'll be pleasantly surprised, and b) I'd be hoping it's Leon.

So yes, I like Leon, and he's definitely plausible. However, he's like the Karel to Krystal/Wolf's Lyn/Hector. He's really cool, but priorities go to the most popular of the series.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Just so you know you didnt go unoticed ;)

You face Wolf and his team a handful of times. I dont really remember the names of all the plannets, but I do remember having to fight them on Venom.

Now Adventures does not include Wolf at all, but it is still a decent game.
It's like a million times better than Assault

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Will do, Please keep anything unwolf related out of this thread, if you want krystal in a letter send it yourself or I will have to become mildly vexxed and glare sternly at you.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
Don't let Bowserlick catch you sayin' that.

Anyone imaginitive wanna take a new crack at some movesets?

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Do my eyes decieve me? Could it be true? Is this thread actually on topic? Jubilations!

With that said, im not sure if there's anything left to argue about. :(

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Not really, although I agree that Wolf is very awesome.

Y'see, Wolf and Krystal have about equal chances. From a purely objective standpoint, they're both the most popular possible additions (subjectively, the two most popular overall). Which one is moreso depends on what board you're on (ex: Arwing Landing is quite anti-Krystal). The clone argument that I've used before is moot, because i doubt we'll be seeing any clones. In truth, the only difference between the two is fighting style: Krystal's staff gives her a mix of mid-and-short-range attacks (like Link), while Wolf with an Assault-based moveset is leaning more towards long-range (like Samus).

On a personal note, I'd say that Krystal is the more likely. As has been stated before in other topics, Star Fox doesn't support many different movesets. You have one based off Adventures (Krystal's, obviously), the one from Melee (Fox and Falco), and one based off Assault (Wolf or Falco). Since Sakurai is likely to declone Falco, he may end up taking the Assault moveset...

...I've seen Assault moves and liked them, but to add Wolf, the issue becomes how best to declone Falco. Any ideas?

Alternatively, say Falco gets the Assault moveset. What happens to Wolf?

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
I think that if it comes down to Wolf or Krystal: Wolf will get in b/c he already made a cameo in smash (which lead many to believe he was in the game) and he is known to both old and new school gamers. Also I would like using him to fight Fox more.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
While Krystal would be the logical choice. I think Wolf would be the "good'' choice b/c I think a lot more ppl would be pissed off if Krystal got in over Wolf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom