• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazer

Smash Ace
I haven't played command either but he has two that I know of: His SF64 one which is shown in Melle's opening. It had a little less of an 'armor' feel to it. Whereas, the assault one looks armory.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
MMmmm costumes.

Also I'd just like to clear something up. There is no "assault moveset" all you can take from that game are the weapons of which there are plenty enough for 2 characters, falco would have a rocket launcher (in all the assault pics he has one) and wolf would have 2 machine guns (his winning animation in assault) other than that and their dodges their is nothing that can be taken from the game and therefore wolf is perfectly able to share a spot with falco.

kaid

Smash Master
The Assault moveset, IMO, consists as follows

B: Machine Gun
>B: Homing Launcher
vB: Sniper Rifle
^B: Booster pack.

If Wolf had that, what would Falco have, and not be a WOLF clone?

Stryks

Smash Hero
I dont like the DownB neither the upb moves, his up b should be like a slash attack: he jumps and slashes all of the oponents in the way, would kinda look like marth's and roy's upb but not exaclt the same... as for the downb ill think about it XD...

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
I dont like the DownB neither the upb moves, his up b should be like a slash attack: he jumps and slashes all of the oponents in the way, would kinda look like marth's and roy's upb but not exaclt the same... as for the downb ill think about it XD...
I see what your saying. Basicly its just like Samus' ^B. He jumps up, sucks in the nearest person, and beats the crap out of them till the jump is over. I like it.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
if that is the assult moveset and both falco and wolf use it wolf would be the clone since falco was in meele
i still don't like multiple guns link has almost all projectiles but their all different
maybe wolf could take some of fox's attacks but not all like luigi and mario

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Alright, guys. Let's get this out of the way and never think about it again. I'll try and say this as simply as possible with as few words as possible, unless I end up ranting, then run.

First, let's point out the facts:

Fact: All characters are having their movesets reworked and tweaked from the ground up.
Implication: This doesn't necessarily mean everyone will recieve a new moveset, and, in reality, that is highly unlikely and plain silly. The point being that every character is getting a close exaimination.

Fact: He, Sakurai, is doing this to allow more freedom in aeriel combat.
Implication: This also opens room to rework clones.

Fact: Sakurai does not does not DOES NOT like clones.
Implication: If time allows it the chances of there being any clones in Brawl are zero, with the acception of same characters. Mario and Dr. Mario... are... the... same.. person. An entirely different moveset would be awkward. Same goes for Pichu and Pikachu.

Fact: The Smash team does not does not DOES NOT need to take moves, items, attacks, and the sort from games in order to make up movesets. They're people, they have minds, they've done it before. Wolf could walk down the street, say hi, and never appear again, ever, and they could make a perfectly unique moveset for him.

Conclusion: The chances of Wolf, and any other character addition, of being a clone are zero. Not going to happen UNLESS they run short of developing time.

And, Fact: Sakurai, when last interviewed, stated the Wii and Brawl were both ahead of schedule.

I hope this is enough for you people who stand by the clone arguement and nothing more to permeantly shut your faces.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
It's time to have a little fun and be imaginitive.

Let's discuss, no, let's imagine what kind of super moves Star Fox characters may have. But first, can we forgo the constantly brought up *summons Star Fox/Star Wolf team and shoots stage* one, unless you have something unique and spicy to make it pretty/different.

Also, before I go on, I'd like to inform you guys on what I think about super moves. I think there will be two different super moves. One that targets the whole stage, and one that singles out one person, and for the sake of *replaces arguement with imaginitive discussion* can we go with that? Doesn't mean you have two come up with two different ones, but if you want to, feel free.

Wolf

All stage super move: Berserker
Wolf grabs the emblem and selects his all stage super move. He proceeds to leap on one side of the stage. The camera then zooms in on his entire body at an a downward, diagnal angle. He throws his hands behind his back. The camera then zooms in on his face from the ground. He smirks and his cybernetic eyepatch opens. Wolf blurs away and loud explosions are heard. He then returns to a stand still position and his eye patch closes. The camera zooms out to his body length once more and two laser/blaster like guns are in his hands. The camera then returns to view the entire stage. At first there appears to be nothing, but then from the side of the stage Wolf was standing on a volley of lasers explode and sweep across the stage. The loud explosions are heard do to the super heated air.

Keep in mind this would all happen relatively quickly, as Smash is a fast paced game.

I haven't really thought up of a single super move for him, but I was just thinking of him grabbing someone and beating the living and utter crap out of them.

I'll come back with some for Leon and Fox later.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Alright, guys. Let's get this out of the way and never think about it again. I'll try and say this as simply as possible with as few words as possible, unless I end up ranting, then run.

First, let's point out the facts:

Fact: All characters are having their movesets reworked and tweaked from the ground up.
Implication: This doesn't necessarily mean everyone will recieve a new moveset, and, in reality, that is highly unlikely and plain silly. The point being that every character is getting a close exaimination.

Fact: He, Sakurai, is doing this to allow more freedom in aeriel combat.
Implication: This also opens room to rework clones.

Fact: Sakurai does not does not DOES NOT like clones.
Implication: If time allows it the chances of there being any clones in Brawl are zero, with the acception of same characters. Mario and Dr. Mario... are... the... same.. person. An entirely different moveset would be awkward. Same goes for Pichu and Pikachu.

Fact: The Smash team does not does not DOES NOT need to take moves, items, attacks, and the sort from games in order to make up movesets. They're people, they have minds, they've done it before. Wolf could walk down the street, say hi, and never appear again, ever, and they could make a perfectly unique moveset for him.

Conclusion: The chances of Wolf, and any other character addition, of being a clone are zero. Not going to happen UNLESS they run short of developing time.

And, Fact: Sakurai, when last interviewed, stated the Wii and Brawl were both ahead of schedule.

I hope this is enough for you people who stand by the clone arguement and nothing more to permeantly shut your faces.
These points are good ones. Except that they could also explain why Wolf may not be featured in Brawl. Sakurai hates clones. So maybe he wants to stay away from characters with high clone potential such as Wolf. Yes, a new moveset could be thought of for Wolf, but then this is where the problem comes up.

Falco needs to be reworked assuming he stays in the game. Since he is a very popular Star Fox character it is probable that he will be in the sequel. Will Sakurai really try to create a new moveset for Falco and a unique movset for Wolf without being based off Fox's already established moveset. And if he did, would that really make the game fun or just repetitive. And why would he do this when he could throw in Krystal who would offer an unique moveset with her magic and staff as well as diversity.

And of course there is the point of Andross having more potential for a different moveset with variety, but I won't get into that.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Again with the andross?! that ****ing ape WONT BE IN BRAWL!! I dont care if they look too much a like there wont be clones, if they can make a moveset for fox and capt. falcon they can make a new one for wolf even tough he looks like fox! but ur ape doesnt have a body, yes he was a scientist we dotn care, we dont like him.... in other word Wolf pwns andross...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
You seem to know alot about this game that is still in development. My point is that Wolf has high clone potential. And I think that is a mark against him in Sakurai's eyes of including him.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Sakurai hates clones. So maybe he wants to stay away from characters with high clone potential such as Wolf.
Very, very good point. I like that thinking. If time were to run short, yes, Wolf could easily be made a clone and that would be one less burden off of the developer's back in that sense. However, was Ganondorf high clone potential? Not in the least. So, my point is not only that nearly any character could be suseptable(SP?) to cloning, but that this fact diffuses your point.

Will Sakurai really try to create a new moveset for Falco and a unique movset for Wolf without being based off Fox's already established moveset.
The thing is that it is UP TO Sakurai to decide this, but his team to make it happen. So yes, it's not that big of a deal.

And if he did, would that really make the game fun or just repetitive.
...Umm... that makes no sense to me...

And why would he do this when he could throw in Krystal who would offer an unique moveset with her magic and staff as well as diversity.
And with this you've reverted back to what I was just trying to argue against. Otherwise, which I think this is the case, you're argueing that Krystal will introduce an entirely new weapon no one in the game to date uses and entirely bring something new to the table, like the Ice Climbers, RATHER than her moveset. There's a difference between what she can introduce and her moveset.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Wolf and Krystal both offer different things, sure. Wolf is definately the more developed character, plus he is a villain.

Krystal would be another female addition and she would have a diverse moveset different from the other characters.

I personally would rather have Andross in, because I think his character is interesting (like Wolf). He was banned from an entire planet, that is pretty hard to accomplish. But since he never fought with a body before and he is a scientist, he has the potential for a crazy and fun moveset (like Krystal).

So personally I think he would bring the most to brawl out of the Star Fox characters.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
Wolf and Krystal both offer different things, sure. Wolf is definately the more developed character, plus he is a villain.

Krystal would be another female addition and she would have a diverse moveset different from the other characters.

I personally would rather have Andross in, because I think his character is interesting (like Wolf). He was banned from an entire planet, that is pretty hard to accomplish. But since he never fought with a body before and he is a scientist, he has the potential for a crazy and fun moveset (like Krystal).

So personally I think he would bring the most to brawl out of the Star Fox characters.
you and almost no one else
btw did you see the name of this thread:
Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: THE ONLY GOOD CHOICE FOR A STARFOX VILLAIN

Stryks

Smash Hero
you and almost no one else
btw did you see the name of this thread:
Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: THE ONLY GOOD CHOICE FOR A STARFOX VILLAIN
Yeap, meaning:
Wolf= Pwnage
Andross= Ugly old mnkey with hair on his ears that can hold a candle to the mighty wolf, wolf pwns andross with or without a body...

illMatic SlUg

Smash Rookie
Why cant Krystal and wolf be in the game at the same time? Oh well i would rather have wolf in there but if they must put krystal i wont cry about it

Stryks

Smash Hero
Wolf was in it for the money, now they're known galaxy wide, andross got his *** kicked in SF, SF64 and adventures, now hes gone, but Star Wolf keeps comin back for more, there a better enemy than andross was, he was incredibly easy...

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
then how come andross is dead and wolf is not?
Lmao.

Bowserlick, I don't get how someone as logical and rational as you continues to support Andross. Argh, I'm so tired of argueing about it. It seems blatantly obvious that it is stupid and illogical. If Andross was a head along with the arguements for him, then the arguements for Wolf and Krystal and the arguements against Andross would be a ****ing nuclear bomb. End of discussion.

*cough*Leon > Krystal*cough*

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
I was expressing my opinion. I believe Fox and Falco are < the latter. Mabe they dont belong in the "Wolf" thread , but if thats the case than neither do Leon and Krystal. Now that we've taken the fun out of the whole ordeal I must ask, why couldnt we all just chuckle and move on?

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Wolf is the gretest character ever!I may even use him as much as Falco(who I will use even if he is bottom tier).I can't see him with an aproach startegy(shl) or unbeatable speed(fox),but I can think of him with
speed between Marth's and Falco's
Strength between Falco's and C. Falcons
Lag time of C. Falcon
and very inovative attacks that give him versatile fighting styles to help counter many other characters
IMO,he would be third in the tier list beneath Fox and Falco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom