• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

u suk

Smash Rookie
kashakunaki and kaid suck ****!! smash is a game 4 little gay *******!!
my name is marion karshin and i live in trenton new jersey

u suk

Smash Rookie
ive never played yet i can beat bombsoldier ken and pc chris on teams agianst me and i kill myself twice!

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Okay. It's been fun. But it's gettin old and all this has to stop right now. For the love of God lets get this thread back on topic. Here. I'll even make an atempt to put us back on track.

If would you rather have Wolf at the expense of losing Falco? Why/why not?

charburner6

Smash Apprentice
no. never. falco is ma nga. thats like sayin would you rather have barney as nintendos mascot and get rid of mario. falco and fox are like family whose been good friends with fox before wolf all of the sudden became a hero in assault. not having fox without falco is like mario without luigi. ying without yang. chocolate without vanilla. guys without girls. (unless ur gay)

charburner6

Smash Apprentice
i really dont see the problem with clones as long as they have key differences. but thats not to say that everyone should be a clone

charburner6

Smash Apprentice
but if they put wolf and krystal then wolf could MAYBE be a clone with alot of key differences and krystal would have a completely different moveset with her staff

Pablo18

Smash Journeyman
flagged up poppin dat 18 street in Long Island....
but if they put wolf and krystal then wolf could MAYBE be a clone with alot of key differences and krystal would have a completely different moveset with her staff
if that is the case then i would rather have krystal because with hrystal its a completly different character but with wolf/foz/falco the differnces will probably only be strength in laser, up+b, dair, etc.

kaid

Smash Master
I say Krystal, and either wolf OR falco. Wolf/Falco would have an Assault based moveset, Krystal would have the Adventures moveset, and Fox keeps his Smash moveset. (tweaked, of course.)

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Charburner6, doubble posting is greatly frowned upon on the forums. Use the edit button instead.

I really dont have much of a problem keeping Falco a clone. Even though they have congruent movesets, you can't play Falco the same way you play Fox. And thus, Falco is acceptable.

Now I favor Falco more than Wolf. Falco is second only to Fox as far as my favorite SF characters go. He's a hothead, he's a jerk, and he's Italian. What's not to like? I would be saddened to see him replaced.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
LOL at all the ridiculous posts by those ******* also Kaid starfox may not be as popular as some other top franchises but what I'd like to say is that it's still in the top set of popularity along with the fact that it has a wide choice for characters, the series is still running, many other series aren't running anymore or were just one off things due to the time they were released so have less chance of getting in brawl.

D

Deleted member

Something interesting - I don't know if this has been raised before (I did search).

I bought Nintendo Official Magazine (Issue 8), and on a recap of Fox's past on page 119 it mentions that 'his first Wii appearance will be on Super Smash Bros. Brawl". Is Fox confirmed?

If so, Wolf could be more likely.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Or Ice Climbers, for that matter.

On the subject at hand...I like Falco alot. Moreso than Wolf. And Sakurai's very likely to declone Falco, taking away the only reason I can see for removing him.

I still like Wolf, but...personally, I'd rather have Falco.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
What, like Kid Icarus? Oh wait...

(sorry, but you left yourself wide open.:( )
I knew you'd bring that up, there is a high chance of them releasing a new kid icarus game as the maker has mentioned, that would be why he has the new look, plus (lamest excuse ever) he is a "classic" character like G&W or ICs

charburner6

Smash Apprentice
i really dont understand y u guys think falco or wolf. i dont see why there wouldent be falco and wolf! can sum1 explain dat 2 me?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
First things first, can you tone down on that chat speak?
Second things second, we aren't saying Falco and Wolf shouldn't be in Brawl at the same time. We're just argueing for the sake of arguement.

Anyways. Personally, I'd take Wolf over Falco anyday, and logically (a little bit of biasium may be taking place, here) I think Wolf is the better choice. Though we can look at Falco as long time pal to Fox and right hand man AND best pilot on Star Fox and the fact that he has a dynamic cocky attitude everyone loves, once again, Wolf is the main rival to Fox. It just seems like the diversity there is more important. Would you perfer Zelda and Link or Link and Ganondorf? Mario and Luigi or Mario and Bowser? While those might be more extreme examples, I think my point stands.

Gaudion

Smash Apprentice
Wolf should NOT be in Brawl, because there's basically no reason why he won't play exactly like Falco and Fox, and they're already almost perfect mirrors of each other. He's the logical choice for a Starfox villain, yes, but he's just not good for the game.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Fox wasnt involved in any hand-to-hand combat before SSB. The only thing that came from the actual game was his blaster. I bring this up because if they can fabricate an entire moveset for Fox, why couldnt they do it for Wolf?

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
I just wanted to present some logical information to him. From there he could choose to use it to enlighten himself with it so he could come up with a logical opinion.

On the other hand flaming the crap out of him would have been fun, but I find my route more effective.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Wolf should NOT be in Brawl, because there's basically no reason why he won't play exactly like Falco and Fox, and they're already almost perfect mirrors of each other. He's the logical choice for a Starfox villain, yes, but he's just not good for the game.
No good? are u kidding me, hes the best candidate (along with krystal) from the SF games to be in brawl...

kaid

Smash Master
The starfox universe can support 2 unique movesets, PLUS the SSB Fox made-up moveset.

1) magic/staffcombat. The most unique, but only eligable for Fox or Krystal. Seeing as Fox will probably keep the SSB moveset alive, that leaves Krystal to wield her staff.

2) Assault Weaponry. While this only provides a B moveset, it is enough to de-clone one other Starfox character. On the other hand, it is equally open to any starfox character. The two most likely canidates for this moveset are Wolf and Falco.

Any other moveset would have to be made out of whole cloth. Even the SSB moveset was loosely based off Arwing moves. (barrel rolls, His blaster, and boost.)

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I don't think his bombs, barrel rolls, blasters, u turns, or boosts have anything to do with it, but yes, what he said.

Now then... can we get back to my original point. Does anyone have suggestions for my original seven points to be revised, edited, more added, removed, blah blah, etc. Please, I would like to write this letter ASAP. I think my points are around page 40.

kaid

Smash Master
I did say loosely. Barrel rolls reflected attacks, so Fox got the Shine. He had his blaster, and they threw in firefox as a recovery move.

Jossy

Smash Apprentice
ive completed lylatwars (star fox 64) completely , every level with a meddaillon... remind me (since its a long time ago) - where do we meet Wolf? Cuz i really dont remember him!

I also have the game Star Fox Adventures for Gamecube but havent played that much yet...

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Now then... can we get back to my original point. Does anyone have suggestions for my original seven points to be revised, edited, more added, removed, blah blah, etc. Please, I would like to write this letter ASAP. I think my points are around page 40.
I put my points to help you either last page or a couple back, check em out.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
ive completed lylatwars (star fox 64) completely , every level with a meddaillon... remind me (since its a long time ago) - where do we meet Wolf? Cuz i really dont remember him!

I also have the game Star Fox Adventures for Gamecube but havent played that much yet...
Just so you know you didnt go unoticed ;)

You face Wolf and his team a handful of times. I dont really remember the names of all the plannets, but I do remember having to fight them on Venom.

Now Adventures does not include Wolf at all, but it is still a decent game.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
You face Wolf on Fortuna, Venom II, and/or Bolse, depending on which path you took.

In Assault, he's only in Sargasso. And Command...I lost track of which planets he's on. You're guaranteed to face him no matter what path you take, I believe.

Gaudion

Smash Apprentice
Wow. I should have realized I was addressing a thread of rabid fanboys before I posted. I'd cop a retort, but I'm afraid it would be all but useless against your logic-defying fanaticism..

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Gaudion, all you are doing is making yourself look stupid. No point in lieing. You obviously wouldn't of made your previous remark had you read more than five pages in this topic. We've gone over that point over and over again. Make an intelligent, well-founded arguement that hasn't been discussed next time, because there are intelligent people in here.

Also, Inferno, I already looked over yoru advice. If you didn't notice, seven is almost direclty what you said. After all, Smash is one giant tribute to fans.

Also, you don't fight Wolf on Fortuna, you fight him on Fichina. It was a mistranslation. Fortuna is a leafy green world and the first world visited in Star Fox Assault. Fichina is a cold, icy world.

Anyways, as for your question Vulpine, the black mage guy basically summed it up. Wolf is the pre-main boss boss battle in Star Fox, you can fight Wolf on the Bolse Satellite, Fichina, and Venom II. In Adventures he doesn't make an appearance. In Assault you fight him and his crew at the Sargasso Hideout, and you help him fight off the Aparaoids in the Cornerian City AND he helps you fight through the Queen's hive on the final stage AND I believe he helps you again at the Cornerian Orbital Gate.

Also, you HAVE (I'm too lazy to italisize) fight him somewhere along in Command, and I believe you can unlock him as a playable character, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom