• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I'm afraid you are not getting mine. There are games MORE worthey (by popularity alone) of having 4 characters in brawl that Starfox. (which, wile off topic, is the source of this discussion) This is the root of my argument of why we can't all get along and have Krystal AND Wolf AND Falco.
If these games so much more worthy of being in Brawl over Star Fox, why did he put Star Fox characters in instead? Iconal value. If you ask someone, "Heard of Andy from Advance Wars," or, "Have you heard of Fox from Star Fox?" Which answer do you think you'll get for each questions? Like I said early, it works on both sides of the spectrum, and since the Star Fox franchise is already part of the game, then why not include their... antagon...ist... we have made one giant circle. What are we argueing about again? If Star Fox is popular or not or if they deserve to have more characters in or what? If we're talking about Star Fox's popularity, I think you neglected my Smash remark. Anyways, let's back up a second and figure where we are.

"With exceptions, the major trend agrees with."
So what's that got to do with MY question?
I'll tell you that you just answered your own question. Not everyone has to have affection for or like something for it to be popular. It's just the general idea of a populas.

EDIT: Off topic, yeah. I want to ****ing kill every ****ing sting ray in ****ing exsistance. I actually cried over his death.

And, he's right. I think we're starting to get an understanding here.

EDIT#2: Woot, two-hundred posts!

Stryks

Smash Hero
What u cant get those statistics? cmon!! go get them!! from what i remembered both u and i started this thing about the SF not being popular, cmon after u check the numbers, u will realize that being in the top 200 is actually pretty good...

kaid

Smash Master
If these games so much more worthy of being in Brawl over Star Fox, why did he put Star Fox characters in instead? Iconal value. If you ask someone, "Heard of Andy from Advance Wars," or, "Have you heard of Fox from Star Fox?" Which answer do you think you'll get for each questions? Like I said early, it works on both sides of the spectrum, and since the Star Fox franchise is already part of the game, then why not include their... antagon...ist... we have made one giant circle. What are we argueing about again? If Star Fox is popular or not or if they deserve to have more characters in or what? If we're talking about Star Fox's popularity, I think you neglected my Smash remark. Anyways, let's back up a second and figure where we are.
Well, the thing that sparked my original rant was someone pointing out that Starfox was popular, as a reason for Wolf to get in. I have essentially conceded that Starfox has a level of popularity, but maintain that that level is not enough for more than 3 characters, at most.

As for the fact that Fox got Falco, while Samus did not get, say, Ridley, I would point out that there was no character in the metroid universe at the time remotely resembling Samus, and, conversely, that Falco only got in as a clone.

I'll tell you that you just answered your own question. Not everyone has to have affection for or like something for it to be popular. It's just the general idea of a populas.

And, he's right. I think we're starting to get an understanding here.
While I agree with your sentiment, we all seem to have been speaking of popularity as black or white, when, as I said, it's the LEVEL of popularity that matters.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I'm tired of quoting. So you're suggesting that the more popular a series the more characters it is deserving? Once again, how come the more popular games didn't get new characters then, or any at all? Ridley was just as likely a canidate he is now. The reason Mario has so many characters is because it's new Nintendo's flagship rather than a variety of good, Smash material characters? I think your statement is a little ill-founded.

On a side note, I think it was I who said Star Fox was popular in my seven points to be listed to Sakurai, but necessarily as a point to get in alone. Once again, you're overlooking my previous statement on Smash.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
*U sayin halo and GTA player know about SF?*
-YES, u want it in spanish?: Si cabron si saben de star fox ya callate!

Me gusta. Me gusta mucho.

I must say this thread although intresting is rediculously off-topic, but you know what? Ill bite. Up until now, I knew very little about Nintendo franchises. I mean I did know about Mario, Zelda, and Metroid but that was about it. The only Nintendo system I had was an NES, so if it wasnt on that system I didnt know about it. There was an exception with Starfox though. I always heard good things about it ( pre Assault). Fox McCloud was one of the few characters I actually knew about when I started playing Melee. I had no clue who Ness, C. Falcon, G&W, Ice Climbers, Sheik, Roy, or Marth were. I had a friend fill meh in.

I would be overjoyed to see two more characters from the SF world. In the end it doesnt matter how poplar the franchise is, but how much fun the characters are to play.

kaid

Smash Master
Well, consider that the top three represented franchises in melee were Mario, Zelda and Pokemon. (In Smash 64, the only franchises to get a second character were Mario and Pokemon.) The clones were in the Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Zelda, Fire Emblem, and Starfox franchises. All other characters were 1 per franchise. (And don't say Ice Climbers! ;) )

I would take this as evidence that Sakurai was paying attention to popularity. However, this was when Starfox 64 was the last game. Starfox sales have dropped like a rock since then.

I'm not saying remove Fox. I'm not even saying I don't want wolf. I'm just saying that, popularity-wise, Starfox doesn't rate 1/10 the entire roster of Brawl (assuming the 40-character guestimate is correct)

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
When you get right down to it, so would I. I just don't think it's possible.
Oh it's perfectly possible, there's no reason for to not be. Sakurai can do as he pleases, and he choice Star Fox for a reason.

Well, consider that the top three represented franchises in melee were Mario, Zelda and Pokemon. (In Smash 64, the only franchises to get a second character were Mario and Pokemon.) The clones were in the Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Zelda, Fire Emblem, and Starfox franchises. All other characters were 1 per franchise. (And don't say Ice Climbers! )

I would take this as evidence that Sakurai was paying attention to popularity. However, this was when Starfox 64 was the last game. Starfox sales have dropped like a rock since then.

I'm not saying remove Fox. I'm not even saying I don't want wolf. I'm just saying that, popularity-wise, Starfox doesn't rate 1/10 the entire roster of Brawl (assuming the 40-character guestimate is correct)
Just because the sales dropped doesn't necessarily mean the game decreased in popularity, it just means that the games weren't as good, and that's obviously the general consensus you'll get from any Star Fox fan.

Alright, so, let's wrap this up, shall we? That way we can move onto the next arguement I've been wanting to make. Leon deserves a spot over Krystal, but don't respond to that until we wrap this up.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord

I think the franchise is picking up speed. Heck, I saw a Starfox comercial yesterday and it looked kinda cool. Mabe Command could boost the franchise up a bit?

Alright, so, let's wrap this up, shall we? That way we can move onto the next arguement I've been wanting to make. Leon deserves a spot over Krystal, but don't respond to that until we wrap this up.
Post that in the Krystal thread. This thread is already so off topic its rediculous

kaid

Smash Master
Sakura can do what he pleases, but this time he seems focused on his own Kirby Franchise. I do remember someone traslated that Sakurai was interested in how Krystal would play, but I doubt he would put more starfox characters in than Kirby characters.

vulpine said:
I think the franchise is picking up speed. Heck, I saw a Starfox comercial yesterday and it looked kinda cool. Mabe Command could boost the franchise up a bit?
Perhaps. By next year, the numbers may have turned around. But right now, I'm standing by the existing numbers.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Sakura can do what he pleases, but this time he seems focused on his own Kirby Franchise. I do remember someone traslated that Sakurai was interested in how Krystal would play, but I doubt he would put more starfox characters in than Kirby characters
You know what? I'm not even going to argue against that. It defeats itself by existing.

And as a matter of fact, Command has already turned many, MANY more heads in Star Fox's directions. Most reviews, despite their low score, and really good for the gae, and everyone is talking about how unique, innovative, and fun it is. Plus, it brings back a lot of old characters such as Katt Monroe and Bill Grey. It also introduces a few new ones such as Peppy's daughter (Amanda?) and... Slippy's fiancee I think? Crazy, I know.

kaid

Smash Master
Since we are down to a simple difference of opinion, what of a wager? I would bet you that Brawl will only have 3 starfox characters. Perhaps the wager can be in something like win-count or tradables over Wi-Fi?

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
I'll bet my soul. By which i'll send you a piece of paper/email with "my soul" on it, so you can treasure it forever. If im right, i get your soul in return. Which I will probubly hand off to Satin or whatever.

kaid

Smash Master
I'll bet my soul. By which i'll send you a piece of paper/email with "my soul" on it, so you can treasure it forever. If im right, i get your soul in return. Which I will probubly hand off to Satin or whatever.
I'm afraid I'm an atheist, so I don't have a soul to give.

Besides, Postal charges are a pain. Wifi is so much better.

charburner6

Smash Apprentice
have you not read this thread!

anyway i think that there will only be 3 characters because out of everyone mentioned i think wolf and krystal are the only 2 that have a chance. i think that surakai will only add one character from the starfox series.
r u a freakin idiot sakurai put in more than 1 new character from smash 64 to melee in the zelda series so why cant he do it 4 starfox? yo you frekkin ******** they shouldent let ******* like u post ******** comments like that cus your are freakin ********! PABLOS A ****** GAY A** B**** A** ******!

Pablo18

Smash Journeyman
flagged up poppin dat 18 street in Long Island....
r u a freakin idiot sakurai put in more than 1 new character from smash 64 to melee in the zelda series so why cant he do it 4 starfox? yo you frekkin ******** they shouldent let ******* like u post ******** comments like that cus your are freakin ********! PABLOS A ****** GAY A** B**** A** ******!
what kind of fvcking ****** makes a dvmbass post like that. this is one of the many examples of why people with mental disabilities should not use computors. only fvcking ******* would flame like an a$$ like you did. pvssy

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
I'm afraid I'm an atheist, so I don't have a soul to give.

Besides, Postal charges are a pain. Wifi is so much better.

Being an atheist doesnt mean not believing in the soul or even an afterlife. And there are no postal charges on email. Com'on man. I need a soul by 2009 or im totally going to hell.

kaid

Smash Master
Char, you don't seem to realize the difference between LoZ and Starfox. LoZ is one of Nintendo's big three, but Starfox is only one of their "repeat franchises."

As I pointed out 2-3 pages ago, even Doctor Mario has sold more games than Fox.

So don't go flaming people when you didn't bother reading.

EDIT @ Vulpine: lol

Well, would you want a soul that is going to hell anyway? I think the bible says some things that you have to be christian to go the other way...

charburner6

Smash Apprentice
what kind of fvcking ****** makes a dvmbass post like that. this is one of the many examples of why people with mental disabilities should not use computors. only fvcking ******* would flame like an a$$ like you did. pvssy
dont blame me cus i got a mental disability u really should be the 1 talkin about people flamin when u almost got banned urself
dicadicadicadicadicdicdic!

charburner6

Smash Apprentice
Char, you don't seem to realize the difference between LoZ and Starfox. LoZ is one of Nintendo's big three, but Starfox is only one of their "repeat franchises."

As I pointed out 2-3 pages ago, even Doctor Mario has sold more games than Fox.

So don't go flaming people when you didn't bother reading.

EDIT @ Vulpine: lol

Well, would you want a soul that is going to hell anyway? I think the bible says some things that you have to be christian to go the other way...
But pablo is gay so its okay to flame him

kaid

Smash Master
Char, if you want to be technical, I have a mental disability. That doesn't mean you shouldn't be civil and pay attention.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Who the heck are Char and Pablo? Kaid, I think in three posts they've defused anything intelligent that's been said in this entire thread. >.>

Anyways, I'll wager you twenty bucks there will be four Star Fox characters. You down?

kaid

Smash Master
Who the heck are Char and Pablo? Kaid, I think in three posts they've defused anything intelligent that's been said in this entire thread. >.>

Anyways, I'll wager you twenty bucks there will be four Star Fox characters. You down?
I'm in college.

If you were getting Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, I'd suggest a Masterball/TM wager. That's the kind of thing I was talking about.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Once Pokemon surpassed like... 250 pokemon it went downhill. I stopped at Silver.

Anyways, then what? I was seriously just thinking of a money bet. I've got nothing else to offer unless you can think of something.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
I can throw in my friend's soul an top of mine if you like. Im good for a few months prior to 2009 and my friend is a hard worker. Think about it, a servant for eternity.

Pablo18

Smash Journeyman
Char, if you want to be technical, I have a mental disability. That doesn't mean you shouldn't be civil and pay attention.
dont mind him hes a friend of mine and we're jus fvckin around, not mean to disrespect.

anyways back on topic, i dont think that surakai would allow two more characters from starfox into brawl, i think its too much.

charburner6

Smash Apprentice
i think it only makes sense for both wolf and krystal to be in brawl pus wolf has been around for a long time wich should get priority over krystal, but krystal has alot of popularity and would add nice moveset with her staff

Pablo18

Smash Journeyman
dont mind him hes a friend of mine and we're jus fvckin around, no mean to disrespect.

anyways back on topic, i dont think that surakai would allow two more characters from starfox into brawl, i think its too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom