• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaid

Smash Master
^ That... is seriously pushing things. The Dasiy and Blood Falcon "Alternate costumes" are simply recolors. While that can work for Shadow the Hedgehog, Wolf has a body structure that is different enough to bake it impracticle.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Shadow is different from Sonic in body structure all that is really different is the armor, but I support Wolf as the villian for Fox.

kaid

Smash Master
A black hedgehog with a white belly and red in his spikes would be reconized as Shadow.

A grey furred Fox McCloud wouldnt be reconized as wolf.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If Wolf did manage to get in, he could not be a color change. He would have to be his own character model. Isn't he much bigger then fox? I guess you could put an eye patch on Fox but still that would not really work.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
If Krystal is a POS pilot in an arwing, what does that make Slippy?
Slippy? Pure garbage, that's what.
For that matter, Wolf has exactly the same Arwing skill as Wolf
Ok, I'll give you that. Wolf DOES have the same skills as Wolf.
and she flys the Wolfen just as well as anyone else EXCEPT wolf.
Right, Wolf is meant to use and specialize with the Wolfen. =P Each character has somewhat of a specialty. Well, except Krystal, who is sub-par or average in every catagory. Even Slippy specializes in Health.

kaid

Smash Master
Krystal gets invincibility, instead.

If you're good enough not to need autoaim, her second barrier can put you a life ahead EACH LIFE.

kaid

Smash Master
It don't suck when I'm using it. You just have to know when to use it. She takes more skill to play, but she's at least as good as Wolf overall, if not better.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Yes that was it's main downfall, they should have waitied til lwii before releasing it, the maps are so large it needs online play, also the lack of fall damage and the outright unforgivable crapness of the sniper rifle caused me great anger.

Also should we name this thread Wolf vs Krystal now? I don't see why you all think wolf would be the same as fox, it doesn't make any sense, he has no moveset which allows the creators much more freedom, the fact that sakurai is against clones sides completely with the fact that if he's in he wouldn't be a clone, I wouldn't mind Krystal either, I just feel wolf has more potential as a character and is more involved in the starfox series.

Also there is no way, at all, ever, that Krystal is a better character than wolf in Assault, sure you'd probably beat me in a game of it but almost never play it, wolf is the same as fox just with better attributes. krystal is just bleh, an extra shield aint gonna save you.

REØ

Smash Lord
Krystal recieves 2 Shields, and they CAN change the difference in the battle, 1 Shield gives you more than enough time to take a life off your opponet, Wolf is nothing but speed and health in Assualt, he's just the type of hit and run character.

yoshiherder

Smash Cadet
It don't suck when I'm using it. You just have to know when to use it. She takes more skill to play, but she's at least as good as Wolf overall, if not better.
FYI, your invincibility lasts about 11 secs or so, and it's only applicable IF you're playing w/ pilots and IF you have multiple lives. I often play w/ only one life each, for more intense matches, making your respawn barriers worthless. Also, Krystal is nowhere near an equal for Wolf, and any respectable player can evade you for the 11 secs that your barrier will last, smack you again, force you to use your second, flee, and then banzai you. I'd like to see you hit a skilled Wolf player w/o autotarget, namely, me. Good luck with that.

Also, I DO consider MK, Link, and Pit just more swordsmen. The diversity factor is dropping. Think of FE... they're likely to be ALL swordsmen(3), except if Soren is included. :\

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
I don't consider MK just another swordsmen as his sowrd is short and it'll be interesting to see how he matches up with his height as well, pit has essentially double knives so that makes him different enough.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im tred of every1 saying:
Wolf is gonna be a clone of Fox!

1) There WONT be clones in brawl...
2) Wolf is a BAD guy, he would have more leathal moves, and diferent B moves fitting his persona
3) Just cause both of them are leaders of their group, and both of the are canines DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING!

Also, BOTH wolf and krystal should be in brawl, there the most requested starfox characters, I say wolf and krystal FTW!

kaid

Smash Master
Im tred of every1 saying:
Wolf is gonna be a clone of Fox!

1) There WONT be clones in brawl...
Think about those two statements for a moment.

Also, BOTH wolf and krystal should be in brawl, there the most requested starfox characters, I say wolf and krystal FTW!
Agreed. If Starfox gets 4 reps, put them all in.

But consider, Starfox isn't that big a franchise. Having Fox, AND Falco, AND Wolf, and making them all different, can be a problem. Falco and Wolf have only one game they can draw moves from- Assault. While Assault could easily give ONE of them a unique moveset, the question remains- Which one?

Krystal, on the other hand, has one clearly defined moveset that everyone can agree on, that has nothing to do with any of the other space animals.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
The whole "Original moveset" excuse is getting very tired. It's the Development team's job to think of a unique moveset and they are capable, let it go.

rock_in_reo

Smash Apprentice
tasmania, australia... i think... i hope... i beli
You have no authority to say that. There PROBABLY won't be clones in Brawl, but we never know.
... because maybe they will run out of time again (they better not) and will be forced to make clones...

and btw Wolf would be an awsome addition to Brawl, he would be unique (don't say he won't, they will make him unique) and he would be kick*** to play

edit: oops i wrote Fox instead of Wolf. fixed

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Exactly there is no reason for him to be a clone unless it's time constraints why do they have to draw moves from assault, all you could get from that are weapons and a dodge, in fact wolf having Fox's sideways B move wold fit in with assaul tthough I'd rather he didn't (looks at wolf's dodge in assault) they had nothing to draw Fox's moves from so they made them up. Wolf would be the same.

yoshiherder

Smash Cadet
Sakurai DID say that there would be no clones. I believe I posted a full unique Wolf moveset and an essay in this thread, and 3 other movesets earlier. Obviously, there is more than enough just from SFA to make Falco, Fox, and Wolf unique. And Krystal doesn't need SFA.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Sakurai DID say that there would be no clones. I believe I posted a full unique Wolf moveset and an essay in this thread, and 3 other movesets earlier. Obviously, there is more than enough just from SFA to make Falco, Fox, and Wolf unique. And Krystal doesn't need SFA.
True she only needs her staff from adventures, that would make her completely diferent from the other SF characters (Im not saying they will be clones i mean the other 3 would have weapons, she will only have her staff)...

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
The whole "Original moveset" excuse is getting very tired. It's the Development team's job to think of a unique moveset and they are capable, let it go.
Wow, some smart, charming young man must have said that. I'd totally date him if I were a hot girl.

So let's let the original moveset issue go, already

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Which side are you on? I can't tell if you're saying that anti wolf people saying "he wouldn't have an original moveset" is stupid (which I agree with and want the topic to end there) or whether you're saying he wouldn't which it doesn't look like. anyway yes let's stop this petty arguement.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Alright, listen up you scally wags. I probably shouldn't be saying this, so don't you guys get any ideas, or spouting your mouths everywhere, but I'm writing a letter to Sakurai as to all the whys buts becauses and facts that all point to why Leon Powalski and Wolf O'Donnell (Mainly) should be in the next entries in his franchise, Super Smash Bros. X, or Brawl, for us Americans.

I was wondering if someone, or mutliple someones, would be kind enough to summerize good points, facts, arguements, etc to support this reasoning. I will make a nice nifty letter, NOT AN E-MAIL, and send it to Sakurai on all our behalf, but the last thing we need is everyone in Smashboards sending him letters.

I'd really, REALLY appreciate the help. Thanks guys. =D

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Yes, that was called sarcasm. When a person posts an extremely n00bish comment in chat speak, which they usually don't talk in, they're more than likely being sarcastic.

REØ

Smash Lord
another example: L0lZ \/\/u1f Iz d@ $ux0rs |-|3 juz a c10ne!!1!!1111!!11!(insert more ones)11!111!!!!!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah pretty much get it, but havent seen Doktursea's other posts dont know if he was a n00b that talks like that or if he was kiddin, now I know he was, so meh XD...

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
OK people let's get started on points for wolf.

The starfox franchise is highly popular and as of yet there is no representation for a bad guy in the smash bros series, wolf would be the best choice for this as he has a large backstory as has been an ongoing rival for fox for a long time, he has made appearences in all the latest games and has a wide selection of moves that can be drawn from imagination or games he has starred in (fireburst pod for super power). It would be a great tribute to starfox fans to be able to have wolf vs fox match up making wolf an excellent choice for brawl.

yoshiherder

Smash Cadet
Alright, listen up you scally wags. I probably shouldn't be saying this, so don't you guys get any ideas, or spouting your mouths everywhere, but I'm writing a letter to Sakurai as to all the whys buts becauses and facts that all point to why Leon Powalski and Wolf O'Donnell (Mainly) should be in the next entries in his franchise, Super Smash Bros. X, or Brawl, for us Americans.

I was wondering if someone, or mutliple someones, would be kind enough to summerize good points, facts, arguements, etc to support this reasoning. I will make a nice nifty letter, NOT AN E-MAIL, and send it to Sakurai on all our behalf, but the last thing we need is everyone in Smashboards sending him letters.

I'd really, REALLY appreciate the help. Thanks guys. =D
Check page 22 for my entire rant, cept the pics.... I sent NOJ a petition about 3 weeks ago for Wolf ><

Dr.ROC

Smash Apprentice
Because w/out star wolf there would be no star fox. Also, I think panther is a better pick over leon. Anyone, anyone?

Dr.ROC

Smash Apprentice
What! I cant believe it! I mean Leon is cool and all, but I think panther blows him outta the water. Panther represent!

kaid

Smash Master
OK people let's get started on points for wolf.

The starfox franchise is highly popular and as of yet there is no representation for a bad guy in the smash bros series, wolf would be the best choice for this as he has a large backstory as has been an ongoing rival for fox for a long time, he has made appearences in all the latest games and has a wide selection of moves that can be drawn from imagination or games he has starred in (fireburst pod for super power). It would be a great tribute to starfox fans to be able to have wolf vs fox match up making wolf an excellent choice for brawl.
I would disagree. Ridley has quite literally twice the backround Wolf does, and is more unique to boot. Dedede is also far older, and brings a new weapon to Smash.

Wolf IS still up there, however. In the SF franchise, he is the ONLY acceptable villian choice. I still maintain, though, that Krystal's staff-based A moves are far more unique than ANY punch-and-kick based A moves, and while we need more villians, we ALSO need more females.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom