• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Lol the guy asked for it, hes just making stuff off so he can convinced us in aprooving the andross idea... WONT HAPPEN... wolf ftw!

Neonach

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind if Andross was a boss in adventure mode, but I could never see him fitting in as a playable character. I do admit that he would be very original, just not fitting, IMO.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I wouldn't mind if Andross was a boss in adventure mode, but I could never see him fitting in as a playable character. I do admit that he would be very original, just not fitting, IMO.
Ok now that that makes 1 guy in favor of andross being a newcomer.
and against andross... EVERYONE ELSE...

Stryks

Smash Hero
What? Where did I say I was in favor of him being a newcomer? Did I miss something?
Bowserlick is the 1 guy dont worry XD...

I was wondering, any of u guys have an idea for Wolf's special. I was think he would grab the smash emblem, then his wolfen would appear, then the rest of the starwolf would come and all of them would shoot continusly at the stage...

saberhof

Smash Master
Andross doesnt have a body, arms, leg or feet, I think we can survive with a one eye'd Wolf with an eye patch...

LOL!! nice...Dont mind this post...

WOlF FtW!!!..

Bowserlick is the 1 guy dont worry XD...

I was wondering, any of u guys have an idea for Wolf's special. I was think he would grab the smash emblem, then his wolfen would appear, then the rest of the starwolf would come and all of them would shoot continusly at the stage...
id liek that more like a Fox special move...maybe they could clone his super only

Stryks

Smash Hero

LOL!! nice...Dont mind this post...

WOLF FtW!!!..

id liek that more like a Fox special move...maybe they could clone his super only
hahah sweet nice image hahaha...
Yeah I dont know what other special could Fox and Wolf could do, I mean thats a pretty basic super...

P.S. No i am an official Wolf supporter! Check my sig!

Slippy Toad

Smash Cadet
I wanna see Wolf in Brawl too, but they'd better not make him a fox clone :mad:
His attacks shouldn't be similar to fox/falco's attacks, but should be way different, like:

B: Homing Launcher - The Homing Launcher from Starfox Assault. Similar to Samus's missiles, but deals more damage with less knockback.

Side+B: Wolf Force Field - A mix up of the Falcon Kick/Wizard's Foot and the Falcon Dive/Warlock Grab. Wolf flies at the foe, surrounded by a force field and grabs them on contact, dealing damage and flying off.

Up+B: Vanish - Similar to the Falco Phantasm, but goes vertically instead of horizontally. Also does quite a bit more damage and spikes to the side.

Down+B: Wolf Bomber - Wolf quickly lays some bombs around him, then ducks as they explode.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Side+B: Wolf Force Field - A mix up of the Falcon Kick/Wizard's Foot and the Falcon Dive/Warlock Grab. Wolf flies at the foe, surrounded by a force field and grabs them on contact, dealing damage and flying off.
So it's like the Raptor Boost? I for one think that Wolf is one of the most deserving characters for Brawl. Geno beats him though.
Ralph, too! Who's the supporting character now?

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
That's debateable, and I'd have to say that Krystal marginally beats him out, IMO. I'd like to see them both, but I like Krystal's staff-based moveset better.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
That's debateable, and I'd have to say that Krystal marginally beats him out, IMO. I'd like to see them both, but I like Krystal's staff-based moveset better.
Krystal is a no-talent "throw-me-in-Adventures-so-Fox-has-a-butt-slave" character.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
So why is she a better pilot in assault than Falco?

(as evidenced by the number of missions in which you must save their *****. Krystal is 4, Falco is 7, if I remember correctly.)
She's not. Check the official ratings for the pilots. Krystal is a POS Pilot. =) Falco is more story oriented, so you interact with him more during 1P mode.

Falco is an ACE pilot according to the ranking system, Krystal can barely find the cockpit. Pun intended? ....You tell me.

kaid

Smash Master
If Krystal is a POS pilot in an arwing, what does that make Slippy?

For that matter, Wolf has exactly the same Arwing skill as Wolf, and she flys the Wolfen just as well as anyone else EXCEPT wolf.

D

Deleted member

What's so amazingly wrong with clones anyway? BTW, what does POS stand for?

Heh, cockpit.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Why do we haveto describe why he won't be a clone, sakurai is against clones and he can have any moves. If you really want me to, it's quite simple, reason for not clone : original character moveset, or: Endlessly possible movesets.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Sakurai is against clones. So he will either strive to make Wolf different then Fox in every way he can to make sure there is variety in the game (although he will also have to do this to Falco if he remains in) or he will select characters who would easily over a diverse moveset (Krystal has more potential in this category then Wolf).

yoshiherder

Smash Cadet
Describe how Wolf would not be a clone in as few words as possible.

Krystal, 3 words: "Staff based Moveset."
Ahh, yet that is no guarantee. Staff fighters often use sword moves, except they have a big stick instead of a pointy metal object. So Krystal HAS some potential to end up worse than a clone: Another swordsman.
As for Wolf: "Dark nature"
"Rival"
"Cunning"
There are several short, sweet, examples. You need to look at my "Wolf is not a Fox clone" essay AND my Wolf movesets.

kaid

Smash Master
Andross is an even worse choice, for the record.

All I'm saying is that if only 1 more starfox character could get in, it should be Krystal.

EDIT: Would you consider Link, Metaknight, or Pit "just another swordsman?"

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Krystal would not make a worse clone because of her staff then Wolf. Wolf would most likely share moves with Fox and Falco. Krystal would not. Plus a stick offers more variety then just mere slashes with a sword. She could pole vault, brace herself against the floor with it in order to kick, hold it with two hands and push with it, as well as using the magic embedded within the weapon.

Andross would have more variety then either Krystal or Wolf because his entire moveset (like C.F) would have to be created.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Krystal's benefit is that she has most of her moveset practically laid out for her in the form of SFA's staff moves/combos, in addition to whatever Sakurai can think of. If you take Wolf's pre-existing moves, he ends up a clone. I realize that Sakurai is strongly against clones and can do whatever he wants to with him. However, Krystal would take less creativity and work, since they could simply take the animations for Fox in Adventures and slap them on a Krystal model.

And Bowserlick...while I agree with your first point, I'd like to point out the major differences between Falcon and Andross:

1) Falcon is the only representative of his series (so far) This is because...
2) Falcon is the most popular character of the series.

Creating an entire new body and moveset for Andross would both be extra work and not really be recognizable as Andross. What's he going to do, have his hands suddenly grow massive and slap you? Spit polygons? Suck you up?

...Andross = Kirby clone!!shift1!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom