• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3355073&postcount=645

Is it me or is it ironic he doesn't think Wolf will be in, but this certain post shows hypocricy.
I (as in Me not you), Think wolf seems similar to fox, but that does not mean I DONT want him in brawl.

From playing some of the wario ware games I liked ashley, and I (as in Me not you) think Ashley could have a fun moveset. You think Wolf could be original, and have an awesome moveset.. thats cool, good for you.

You are not me, and I am not you, stop trying to insult me or flame me because I have different taste in characters.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Deuce, your taste is highly irregular. By the way, who said I was flaming you? Instead of making up excuses, face the facts. But, if you'll stop, by all means stop and go on somewhere else.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Deuce, your taste is highly irregular. By the way, who said I was flaming you? Instead of making up excuses, face the facts. But, if you'll stop, by all means stop and go on somewhere else.
You obviously want to flame me, or else you wouldn't have quoted a post I made 2 seconds after it was posted.

you guys want me to be all "Wolf 4 brawl PLAYABLE ONLY", but if im not like that then It must be a sin.

Klonoa™

Smash Cadet
How is the female character more important than the villain, the reason the hero IS a hero?
besides none of this is valid its all opinion... now seriously if u dont support wolf I ask you:
WTF ARE YOU DOING HERE?!
This man speaks the truth. <3 Stryks

We have already established the whole showcase theory between Falco and Wolf. Odds are that Falco is going to stay in to remain from dissapointing any fans. That seems like the Nintendo thing to do. Now, IF Fox continues to have his partner Falco, then it would make sense to add in the only sensible villain, Wolf. This would make sense since this series is lacking a decent enemy/villain/antagonist etc. [not another good guy... ex:Krystal]

My theory still stands that it will eventually be Fox & Falco (Starfox Team) Vs. Wolf & Leon (Team Starwolf). I'd cream my jeans if that came true.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Easy, I just saw what was believed to be a troll come out and explain himself with actual reasonable thoughts (granted his previous posts were questionable). Thats not something you see every day. We don't need you picking a fight.

Klonoa™

Smash Cadet
Easy, I just saw what was believed to be a troll come out and explain himself with actual reasonable thoughts (granted his previous posts were questionable). Thats not something you see every day. We don't need you picking a fight.
I love this thread. <3
XD

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I watched a vid of some of Wolfs scenes in Star Fox Assault, he seems to have a much bigger role than he did in StarFox64, I sort of understand now... hes sorta reminds me of Vegeta.. (No I am not saying he will be a clone of vegeta lol)

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I watched a vid of some of Wolfs scenes in Star Fox Assault, he seems to have a much bigger role than he did in StarFox64, I sort of understand now... hes sorta reminds me of Vegeta.. (No I am not saying he will be a clone of vegeta lol)
Needless to say, his attitude does resemble Vegeta's.

"The only one who will kill Kakarot is me!"

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Careful now. You're coming dangerously close to getting someone to tell an "Over 9000!" joke.

That **** scouter. . . . Of course, I guess the sayan-look-alike armor doesn't help much either.

Awe, to hell with it. Wolf IS furry Vegeta.

raul

Smash Lord
I know I'm late because I haven't been at the forums in the last few days, but just wanted to point out that now that the "Dark Fox" costume has been revealed, I just wanted to say to everyone that believed Wolf was deconfirmed by a costume....EPIC FAIL. I said it all along in the very beginning of this very thread, that costumes can not deconfirm a character. The example? Right on the same update of Dojo as the Dark Fox costume. Mario has a "Wario" colored costume and yet, Wario is confirmed. That was a great day for all Wolf fans that Wolf still has a chance and we can keep our hopes alive.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Sure costumes can deconfirm characters. Daisy for instance. She's pretty much deconfirmed. =/

And heck, the Dark Fox proves just how close Wolf is. I'd say it was a really bad blow to Wolf's chances, but as Wolf's apperance was always like that, the costume really doesn't change anything we didn't know.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Im not so sure Alt costumes will deconfirm someone, Mario still has his wario color scheme, but then again pikachu's goggle alt (aka Melee's pichu that evolved :) ) basically deconfirms pichu.

I don't think wolf will be effected at all by Fox's alts.

raul

Smash Lord
Sure costumes can deconfirm characters. Daisy for instance. She's pretty much deconfirmed. =/

And heck, the Dark Fox proves just how close Wolf is. I'd say it was a really bad blow to Wolf's chances, but as Wolf's apperance was always like that, the costume really doesn't change anything we didn't know.
Since when was Daisy ever considered for Brawl in the first place? She and WaLuigi are in the same boat. A costume does not deconfirm them, but the fact that....

1.) The Mario series has more important characters that Daisy that should appear in Brawl, such as Bowser Jr. for example or even Toad before her. Daisy is simply out-prioritized.

2.) WaLuigi will not appear as a PC in Brawl because, unlike Wario, he never starred in his own game and he is simply a filler character to Mario Party, Mario Sports and Mario racing games. If WaLuigi never existed, the Mario and Wario series would not be effected. Other than the Mario Bros. vs. th Wario Bros., WaLuigi sucks.

3.) There is already enough characters for the Mario series that Daisy and WaLuigi could not even be considered. There are probably going to be atleast 5 roster spots for the Mario characters so Daisy would not make it. Its not a costume that deconfirms her, it is her insignifcance to the series.

4.) The fact that Mario has a Wario costume and Wario is still in the game. If a costume deconfirms a character it should be a principle that applies in every case.

Fox's costume does not deconfirm Wolf because...
1.) We only have 1 SF rep, Fox. The other 2 spots, assuming there are 3 spots total, are up for grabs at this moment. Hardly any characters are worth putting in Brawl outside of Falco, Wolf and Krystal. Slippy and Andross are Assist Trophies so they cannot be playable.

2.) There is a need for villains/rivals/antagonists in Brawl. So far we have Wario, Bowser, King Dedede and I guess MetaKnight, since he is a rival to Kirby. Assuming Ganondorf returns and since King K. Rool and Ridley are not confirmed, Wolf would make an excellent choice for a rival/villain character. He is Fox's main rival and would make sense since Andross is deconfirmed because of the fact he is an Assist Trophy and he is the only real significant bad guy left in the Star Fox series since characters like General Scales only appear in 1 game.

3.) Wolf actually has demand to be in Brawl, WaLuigi and Daisy do not. Look at how many fans on this forum alone call for Wolf, where as there are not as many for WaLuigi or Daisy.

I don't think Wolf is deconfirmed as a character at all and I don't see how a costume hurts any characters chances.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
1) Yes, she is. Like Wolf. Thus, the best way to add her in is through an alt costume.

2) Don't know why you're brining up Waluigi here, but I personally don't like him either. The real killer for him though is that Wario is represented by his own series, and Waluigi has never been in a Wario game. =/

3) Yes, like the three roster spots max that SF will get.

4) As you can see there, it doesn't have to be. It depends on the case itself, and if the character is to similar. Wario isn't simmilar to Mario, so it doesn't deconfirm. Daisy is to close to Peach so it does deconfirm. Now tell me, if Fox with that new scouter thing had some gray fur, how close do you think Wolf would look like him?

1) I'm starting to think that there will only be two at this point, but if there were three, Falco and Krystal would clearly get them before Wolf. It's very clear at this point. Falco was in the last game, and had a large role, so he should return, and Krystal isn't a total clone and has unique stuff.

2) No, he wouldn't. He's just a darker Fox. You know, like that Dark Fox thing. Heck, they can use that if there really is a need for villains. The thing is, villains may be needed in some cases, but only if they are actually good villains. Wolf's just a dark version of the main character. He's not worth it. A good villain brings something of their own to the table, like Bowser, Ganondorf, or Ridley. =/

3) Now this point is just silly. There's more demand for Krystal and Falco really. And plus, you can't measure a character's popularity from one forum. And I don't know why you're throwing Waluigi around, but no one expects Daisy to be playable in her own right.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I like Wolf, and I hope he makes some kind of appearance. Even though I believe Krystal and Falco have a higher priority than he does, I'm sure they could come up with a whole slew of cool attacks and moves that neither of the other Starfox reps could do. And he should be a little faster than Fox too.

raul

Smash Lord
1) Yes, she is. Like Wolf. Thus, the best way to add her in is through an alt costume.

2) Don't know why you're brining up Waluigi here, but I personally don't like him either. The real killer for him though is that Wario is represented by his own series, and Waluigi has never been in a Wario game. =/

3) Yes, like the three roster spots max that SF will get.

4) As you can see there, it doesn't have to be. It depends on the case itself, and if the character is to similar. Wario isn't simmilar to Mario, so it doesn't deconfirm. Daisy is to close to Peach so it does deconfirm. Now tell me, if Fox with that new scouter thing had some gray fur, how close do you think Wolf would look like him?

1) I'm starting to think that there will only be two at this point, but if there were three, Falco and Krystal would clearly get them before Wolf. It's very clear at this point. Falco was in the last game, and had a large role, so he should return, and Krystal isn't a total clone and has unique stuff.

2) No, he wouldn't. He's just a darker Fox. You know, like that Dark Fox thing. Heck, they can use that if there really is a need for villains. The thing is, villains may be needed in some cases, but only if they are actually good villains. Wolf's just a dark version of the main character. He's not worth it. A good villain brings something of their own to the table, like Bowser, Ganondorf, or Ridley. =/

3) Now this point is just silly. There's more demand for Krystal and Falco really. And plus, you can't measure a character's popularity from one forum. And I don't know why you're throwing Waluigi around, but no one expects Daisy to be playable in her own right.
I'm making the comparison of Diasy to WaLuigi in terms of the chance they will be playable characters. I see them in the same boat, but not with Wolf. And whose to say Wolf won't bring anything to the table. They can't use Dark Fox, he's not a real character. I think Wolf could bring a more, rough and brutish fighting style. He can easily be decloned. Just because a character looks like another character doesn't make them an instant clone.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I like Wolf, and I hope he makes some kind of appearance. Even though I believe Krystal and Falco have a higher priority than he does, I'm sure they could come up with a whole slew of cool attacks and moves that neither of the other Starfox reps could do. And he should be a little faster than Fox too.
Wolf would probably be slower than fox due to him appearing heaving, and having armor. imo.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Of course they can just use Dark Fox. Doesn't matter if its not a "real character" by your terms, since the whole Subspace Army are not "real characters" by those terms. And as said before, anything that gets decloned from Fox goes to Falco first. Before Wolf. Heck, it wouldn't be right to have three characters from the same franchise using the same basic weapon types and fighting styles would it?

raul

Smash Lord
I think Wolf would be a more muscular than Fox. He could be slightly darker with his classic color scheme we all know. I'm not sure he would faster or slower. Since wolves are larger than foxes in real life, he could be faster, but the armor could weigh him down. Then again, since he appears more muscular than Fox, he could have a slight speed advantage and the armor wouldn't effect him so much. I think the speed is a toss up depending on which way Nintendo wants to go.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I'm not sure if it means anything, but in Starfox Assault, Wolf was the fastest character in the game on foot. I'm sure it's because they just wanted him to be the best of course....

raul

Smash Lord
Of course they can just use Dark Fox. Doesn't matter if its not a "real character" by your terms, since the whole Subspace Army are not "real characters" by those terms. And as said before, anything that gets decloned from Fox goes to Falco first. Before Wolf. Heck, it wouldn't be right to have three characters from the same franchise using the same basic weapon types and fighting styles would it?
But all the playable characters are REAL characters from gaming series. The Subspace army isn't sure, but then again, there is no signs of them being playable, much like the polygons and wireframes weren't playable in the past.

Who said Falco, Fox and Wolf would all have the same fighting style? The clones were recevied so poorly that I do not think Nintendo would make the same mistake of inclding clones again. All three of them wold have their own fighting styles.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
It's the point that you can use Dark Fox as a villain in SE if needed. There's no actual need for villains as playable characters though. And tell me what fighting styles exactly Falco and Wolf have other than the futuristic weapons, like Fox?

Ferret

Smash Cadet
When two (or more) Characters have the same weapon that doesn't mean they can't have different fighting styles...I doubt that Ike for example would do a spin attack if you gave him a shield and the Mastersword

raul

Smash Lord
It's the point that you can use Dark Fox as a villain in SE if needed. There's no actual need for villains as playable characters though. And tell me what fighting styles exactly Falco and Wolf have other than the futuristic weapons, like Fox?
Well, Falco could probably glide since he is a bird after all, which Fox and Wolf couldn't do. I also see Falco being able to use his guns while gliding, which would be a different take on a fighting style.

As for Wolf, I could see something with knife fighting and a sniper rifle. I think those would be a change from Fox. Since Wolf is larger than Fox, I could see Wolf with more power and his body armor persuade Nintendo maybe to give him more of a assassin type style of fighting. OF course futuristic weaponry will be part of all their righting style since they all come froma game that has such weapons. Maybe gernades or landmines could be part of Wolf's fighting style.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Well, Falco could probably glide since he is a bird after all, which Fox and Wolf couldn't do. I also see Falco being able to use his guns while gliding, which would be a different take on a fighting style.

As for Wolf, I could see something with knife fighting and a sniper rifle. I think those would be a change from Fox. Since Wolf is larger than Fox, I could see Wolf with more power and his body armor persuade Nintendo maybe to give him more of a assassin type style of fighting. OF course futuristic weaponry will be part of all their righting style since they all come froma game that has such weapons. Maybe gernades or landmines could be part of Wolf's fighting style.
Falco's a bird guy, but he doesn't 'fly'...but he does in an Arwing! Falco and Wolf could both use weapons from Starfox Assault...Wolf could use a sniper rifle since he's the only one that can survive a hit from one.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Falco doesn't have wings. He can't glide.

And while I was technically the first person to propose a knife fighting Wolf in this thread (It's true! Just look) even I know it couldn't carry him. And really, Falco would get the sniper riffle before Wolf. <_<

raul

Smash Lord
Falco doesn't have wings. He can't glide.

And while I was technically the first person to propose a knife fighting Wolf in this thread (It's true! Just look) even I know it couldn't carry him. And really, Falco would get the sniper riffle before Wolf. <_<
I didn't know that. I'll take your word for it. Ok, yeah Falco should get a sniper rifle before Wolf, I'll agree to that. But maybe Wolf could use duel guns or landmines or bombs, stuff like that.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Maybe he could wield dual machine guns, like in his victory pose in Assualt, and do a dash attack where he turns invisible, like his dodging animation.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I really doubt anyone's gonna duel weird weapons, unless they can join together like Pit's. There are to many things that they need their hands for. <_<

Plus, there's the question of what that would exactly do for him. I mean they could only really be used in special moves, and even then, what exactly could they be used for? Shooting behind and forward?

raul

Smash Lord
I really doubt anyone's gonna duel weird weapons, unless they can join together like Pit's. There are to many things that they need their hands for. <_<

Plus, there's the question of what that would exactly do for him. I mean they could only really be used in special moves, and even then, what exactly could they be used for? Shooting behind and forward?
Why would he shoot behind? He could duel wield as a special move that would only tie up his hands for one move and he would shoot at the characters he's facing. Fox can't shoot behind so it wouldn't matter if Wolf could. No character has the ability to shoot behind unless they turn around and fact that direction.

Mr. Alcohol

Smash Apprentice

Whoever said the dual weapons had to be out all the time? He could whip it out when you press B like Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom