• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Krystal was the female version of fox...

ur point?
Wolf was the leader
the most badass of the bunch
the agreesive ruthless leader who sended pigma to take a hike...

how is pigma more interesting than wolf can u backup ANYTHING u say before u post?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
ok excuse can u please send the part were sakurai said there can only be 2 male space animals in brawl? k thanx...
He doesn't have to say it. StarFox is not getting as many reps as Pokemon or Zelda, and more reps than Metroid. That just wouldn't make any sense. It's a much smaller series, in terms of popularity and sales, than all of those series, why would it have as many or more reps?

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Krystal was the female version of fox...

ur point?
Wolf was the leader
the most badass of the bunch
the agreesive ruthless leader who sended pigma to take a hike...

how is pigma more interesting than wolf can u backup ANYTHING u say before u post?
Pigma is more interesting because

- he was previously apart of star fox
- betrayed his team members james and peppy
- turned evil and joined star wolf
- made references to james mccloud
- A pig that flys a spaceship

need I say more..

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
@ Stryks: Wolf is Awsome.

That doesn't make any of the other probable additions any less-so.

@ everyone: Stop and think, its a lot easier to post one good post than to post a dozen to explain one bad post.

@ DuceBlade: the Pigma issue is starting to stray into troll territory.

Stryks

Smash Hero
A wolf with a cibernetic eye
can kick out any SW member as he pleases, proven by betrayng pigma and sending him fliying
has some sort or hatred towrds fox that can bring up a lot of storylines in other games...
hes the most badass of the bunch...
a wolf that flys a space ship
leader of star wolf

ur point?
Chaos blade, who says anything about SF surpassing or getting the same number of reps as the others? the so far confirmed characters are NOT the only characters theyll add in mairo/metroid/zelda, well probably have 6 marios, 3-4 metroids, and 5 zeldas, I mean seriously SF getting four is NOT bad... SF is a popular series, and having 4 characters is not stretching it, pokemon may get 4 or 5 seeing how they had 4 in melee, and the roster is only getting better...

Seriously FE wasnt even very known in america and they got 2 reps, the EXACT same number of reps as star fox... get where am going with this?

FOR CHISTS SAKE CHAOS IM NOT SAYING FALCO AND OR KRYSTAL ARE OUT AND WOLF ARE IN, I WANT THEM ALL IN, IM SAYING SF HAS ENOUGH POPULARITY FOR 4 REPS!

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
A wolf with a cibernetic eye
can kick out any SW member as he pleases, proven by betrayng pigma and sending him fliying
has some sort or hatred towrds fox that can bring up a lot of storylines in other games...
hes the most badass of the bunch...
a wolf that flys a space ship
leader of star wolf

ur point?
Chaos blade, who says anything about SF surpassing or getting the same number of reps as the others? the so far confirmed characters are NOT the only characters theyll add in mairo/metroid/zelda, well probably have 6 marios, 3-4 metroids, and 5 zeldas, I mean seriously SF getting four is NOT bad... SF is a popular series, and having 4 characters is not stretching it, pokemon may get 4 or 5 seeing how they had 4 in melee, and the roster is only getting better...

Seriously FE wasnt even very known in america and they got 2 reps, the EXACT same number of reps as star fox... get where am going with this?

FOR CHISTS SAKE CHAOS IM NOT SAYING FALCO AND OR KRYSTAL ARE OUT AND WOLF ARE IN, I WANT THEM ALL IN, IM SAYING SF HAS ENOUGH POPULARITY FOR 4 REPS!
You do realize that you asked me to give you reasons.. and that I did not ask for reasons.

I think pigma is more interesting because its my opinion, does not need facts to back up.. but I gave you some anyway.

Krystal still is more likely than wolf anyway.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord

Thats where we disagree I guess. I doubt StarFox is popular enough for four reps. Yeah, there are many characters that have not been confirmed for those franchises, but we still don't know how many. I never said I didn't want to see Falco, Wolf, or Krystal in, but I think two of the three will get in at the most, and that doesn't mean I can't be wrong.

And the Fire Emblem comment doesn't really relate. That was just Japanese fan service, introducing the series to the rest of the world, and advertising the latest game.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Four reps for a franchise with five games (6 counting the cancelled one) is far from stretching it.
So Mario could have over a dozen reps? Sonic could have a good 6+ (just for games released on Nintendo consoles), Metroid should have 5, and Fire Emblem can have 8 or so? I don't see how the number of games in a franchise has any effect on the number of reps it gets.

I don't see the logic in that...

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Wasn't your point how Star Fox games are not as numerous and popular as Mario and Zelda? Star Fox is popular enough to pull off 4 reps, not to mention is been going on since the SNES days.
I have to agree, Star Fox is popular enough to pull off 4 reps.

and The number of games does not matter, look at Donkey Kong, basically the series that put mario out there.. the series itself is massive, sadly it just recieved more than 1 rep, diddy kong should have been in melee..

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Wasn't your point how Star Fox games are not as numerous and popular as Mario and Zelda? Star Fox is popular enough to pull off 4 reps, not to mention is been going on since the SNES days.
My point was just popularity/sales. Yes, the series is a lot smaller, but that has less importance than the general popularity of the series. The most popular Nintendo franchises like Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda look to be getting 4-6 reps, I doubt a series that is as small as StarFox (relative to those series) in popularity would get as many characters. Does that mean I don't want to see all of them? It would be awesome if all four were in, but I am not counting my sheep yet, and expecting only three at the most.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Put it this way: do you expect the Kirby series to pull another rep out if its hat? I don't. Last time I checked, the StarFox series was (and probably still is) well ahead of Kirby in sales and popularity. four representatives are not inconceivable for SF

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Put it this way: do you expect the Kirby series to pull another rep out if its hat? I don't. Last time I checked, the StarFox series was (and probably still is) well ahead of Kirby in sales and popularity. four representatives are not inconceivable for SF
Although this is a near moot point, Kirby is also Sakurai's own series, his baby so to speak. Opportunity given, it's possible his own series would get more representation relative to other series on it's level.

Edit: It's not a good argument against the Starfox series, in fact it's a terrible argument at all. I still support Wolf in Brawl, but people are just missing the "I am not counting on four reps" part. It really all depends on the total number of characters.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Metroid is a high selling game, sadly the only other rep so far is an alternate form for samus... which can only be summoned by using the final smash... which some people won't even play with if optional.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Ridley and Dark Samus are the only good characters left to be added as playables, the Hunters are way too minor.
I figure ONE of those will get in at the very least, although both would be nice, especially since it's such a massively popular franchise worldwide, even if the Prime series is unpopular in Japan... A half character that is only accessible via an item is not a "second rep" in my opinion, and a single AT does not count for much, especially when the character the AT is of could not possibly be a playable character in the first place.

But that is going off topic.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Its sad that ridley will most likely be a boss.. oh well I guess Dark Samus will do.. I can see Dark Samus or metroid prime.. (whatever its called) being in brawl before.. wolf.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
So, can we agree four reps for Star Fox is not pushing it?
I'm not expecting it, but I wouldn't complain if it happened, and anything is possible. I can say that much XD It would be a pleasant surprise, and that would be a good thing. Who doesn't like surprises? :laugh:

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I most def would see Wolf before Dark Samus... unless Dark Samus were an alt outfit... course wolf could be too

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Its sad that ridley will most likely be a boss.. oh well I guess Dark Samus will do.. I can see Dark Samus or metroid prime.. (whatever its called) being in brawl before.. wolf.
What are you, a fortune teller? Your opinions are horrible, you've been negative to many likely characters.
I most def would see Wolf before Dark Samus... unless Dark Samus were an alt outfit... course wolf could be too
Bull****. I said get out, troll.
You do realize that you asked me to give you reasons.. and that I did not ask for reasons.

I think pigma is more interesting because its my opinion, does not need facts to back up.. but I gave you some anyway.

Krystal still is more likely than wolf anyway.
Pigma's dead.
Metroid is a high selling game, sadly the only other rep so far is an alternate form for samus... which can only be summoned by using the final smash... which some people won't even play with if optional.
You're not ****ing Sakurai. Just because youi don't see it happening, doesn't mean it ain't happening.
So, can we agree four reps for Star Fox is not pushing it?
Sure. One thing though, is that I must say Falco and Wolf are equally important to the series.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
@Wu Tang,

how can I have a horrible opinion lol..

Yea pigma was destroyed.. so? I never said he would be in brawl.. I just said he was interesting.

How do I think im sakurai?

on topic: Maybe Sakurai will be generous and put wolf as part of the intro again, that was so nice of him before.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
You're against MANY characters appearing in Brawl. Plus, you say something's not in Brawl because you can't picture it. Picture this:
Just many characters am I against.. besides the ridiculous ones like tingle, im not actually "anti-" any character..

Ive said I think Wolf will be non-playable but I am not against him being playable.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Wolf would be cool to play as,just as cool as playing any villain...

Right now we have no idea on HOW he will play, but a merciless, aggresive character? how is that NOT cool...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Oh seriously we might as well forget dark samus, ridley, wolf and any other bad guy cause their personalities willjust be simialr huh?

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
im just saying, if your gonna give a reason why you want to play as a specific character give a better reason.
because as I stated if your looking to play as someone merciless and aggressive.. Ganondorf is your ma.. wizard.. whatever he is..

Pyro21

Smash Rookie
I don't post here often but, Ganon is more than just aggresive in my opinion. He is cunning, manipulative, yet powerful all at the same time. In Ocarina of Time his first appearance isn't killing someone, it is bowing down to the king of Hyrule.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I don't post here often but, Ganon is more than just aggresive in my opinion. He is cunning, manipulative, yet powerful all at the same time. In Ocarina of Time his first appearance isn't killing someone, it is bowing down to the king of Hyrule.
Yes im quite sure he is .. all those things.. but I am talking in terms of fighting.. and in smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom