• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

tekkie

Smash Master
i think brinstar could be fine as long as it isn't against a ******** character.

and no lucario doesn't body ic's but it's a lot better than the wolf matchup lol

castorpollux

Smash Champion
i think brinstar could be fine as long as it isn't against a ******** character.

and no lucario doesn't body ic's but it's a lot better than the wolf matchup lol

i don't see how the iceclimber/wolf matchup is bad for wolf.

plenty of wolfs have beaten good ics

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
read the creative minds board
I was saying I wanted a "Banned" banner name, as I said, I doubt my writing is smashboards appropriate...but I suppose I can check it out anyway :)

:lucario: bodies :popo:. He's to slow for my taste. I also realized a garbage character for :wolf:'s to pick up for :popo:, :dedede:, and :wario: LOL: :yoshi2:. Then we can keep FD legal if :wario: takes us there cause under the ruleset we can standing infinite him till 300%~! :yoshi2:'s airspeed is nice and he legit beats :popo:. He is sorta even with :dedede:...
Yoshi has a standing infinite on Wario? Looks like I figured out my free win VS Bpow this weekend :0

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I thought Yoshi's infinite on Wario was widely known o.o Wario has a standing infinite on Wario too. Then again so does Lucas on himself. And D3 on himself too. And Sheik can Ftilt lock herself from about 25 - Death. Most dittos in Brawl were made to be bad.

:059:

castorpollux

Smash Champion
I thought Yoshi's infinite on Wario was widely known o.o Wario has a standing infinite on Wario too. Then again so does Lucas on himself. And D3 on himself too. And Sheik can Ftilt lock herself from about 25 - Death. Most dittos in Brawl were made to be bad.

yeah maybe we should all just learn the ditto of every character since it seems every character is good against themselves

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero

lol@ me knowing things about brawl that doesn't involve Wolf/Link.

Though I knew D3 and Sheik can do that crap. Thought about going D3 against Tyser before and just infinite him.

tekkie

Smash Master
i don't see how the iceclimber/wolf matchup is bad for wolf.

plenty of wolfs have beaten good ics
i think a lot of ICs problems with wolf have been because of matchup inexperience. i played like garbage against toobusytocare at g2 and still took it to last stock/some% both games because i don't think he's that versed in the matchup. are there any good ICs players in kain/seagull's regions? have they been reseraching the matchup at all?

i think i hate that matchup because any SH with wolf is inherently unsafe against ICs

@krd are those infinites all grab releases? this is hilarious and i want to know more

castorpollux

Smash Champion
i think a lot of ICs problems with wolf have been because of matchup inexperience. i played like garbage against toobusytocare at g2 and still took it to last stock/some% both games because i don't think he's that versed in the matchup. are there any good ICs players in kain/seagull's regions? have they been reseraching the matchup at all?

i think i hate that matchup because any SH with wolf is inherently unsafe against ICs

@krd are those infinites all grab releases? this is hilarious and i want to know more
kain used to lose to lain. then kain slained lained caz he has game.

i'm sure lain knows the wofl matchup because he's played kain a lot and omniswell before him.

Also michael hey who was the best IC in norcal feels wolf has the matchup advantage as well (and he is japanese so he gets extra smash cred for that).

Also, ishieymoro and I have both beaten cheese (i ***** him pretty bad) and he's one of those IC mains who claim wolf gets ***** by ICs

tekkie

Smash Master
kain used to lose to lain. then kain slained lained caz he has game.

i'm sure lain knows the wofl matchup because he's played kain a lot and omniswell before him.

Also michael hey who was the best IC in norcal feels wolf has the matchup advantage as well (and he is japanese so he gets extra smash cred for that).

Also, ishieymoro and I have both beaten cheese (i ***** him pretty bad) and he's one of those IC mains who claim wolf gets ***** by ICs
lain and michael hey are inactive though and cheese needs work on the matchup. i'm talking about down the road if some ICs player really decided to research the matchup and never lose to wofl again

edit: my local ICs main had been CGing kash for like two years before i showed up :p

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Oh he can? I didn't know that. Does it work on Ness? Back when my neighbor mained Ness I used to chain grab him with Lucas every now and then. Dunno if it was legit or not though.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Oh he can? I didn't know that. Does it work on Ness? Back when my neighbor mained Ness I used to chain grab him with Lucas every now and then. Dunno if it was legit or not though.

Ness has the same release frames as Lucas, so it doesn't work.
Shame Lucas doesn't get to though because then I might actually enjoy the ditto.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Wolf is hard to chain grab as ICs. Most ICs have trouble chain grabbing mine if they haven't practiced it, and back when I mained them I had trouble chain grabbing Wolfs.

Lux sure does a great job against me in tournament. Out of tournament, yeah, he'll drop a grab and I reverse 3 stock him...buuuuuuuutttttttttt I dunno, it's probably easy for people who have wolf in their region vs people who don't.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Tekkie stop trying to play the people lose to wolf cause no one plays wolf. That arguement works for everyone except like MK and the top 5-7 in high tier. Everyone else no one plays enough to know **** on what to do.

tekkie

Smash Master
Tekkie stop trying to play the people lose to wolf cause no one plays wolf. That arguement works for everyone except like MK and the top 5-7 in high tier. Everyone else no one plays enough to know **** on what to do.
what about texans and the lucario matchup, florida with the pikachu matchup, norcal with the fox matchup, etc.

a lot of matches people cite as proof of wolf's awesomeness are otherwise good players falling for really dumb stuff.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
what about texans and the lucario matchup, florida with the pikachu matchup, norcal with the fox matchup, etc.

a lot of matches people cite as proof of wolf's awesomeness are otherwise good players falling for really dumb stuff.
what about the midwest with the wofl matchup?

i mean kain's been dominating his region forever and he STILL dominates. How is that not proof enough? or are you going to say that his region doesnt know how to adapt to wolf still after all this time?

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
<3 you all. I'm a little gone after my 21st birthday rofl. Even after playing my sparring partner 500x, he still doesn't have the grasp on the wofl mu that i have on the falco mu. it's just easier for wolf to adjust than most characters because we still just space bairs and switch up our killing moves.

/disapprove/disagree with my post due to durnkess. XD

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Every american IC main except like Smoom has lost at least one set to a Wolf player as IC.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I've never had a problem with my bad matchups since I use :metaknight: as well. I'm just suggesting ideas for you guys. I might pick up :yoshi2:. It'd make sense since I troll their skype chat daily. Deltacod, Poltergust, Hadesblade, Firefly, YOSH, Slush, Yink. Lets see who namesearches into my cluster of random names.

:018:

:phone:
Don't even need to namesearch, since I actually do lurk random character boards to learn stuph.

I would still go to the Yoshi skype, but someone there kicked me out of it when I was offline cause they didn't know who I was :(

hades did I think, mostly cause we feel like kicking random people who don't visit often so we can call the group.

tekkie

Smash Master
what about the midwest with the wofl matchup?

i mean kain's been dominating his region forever and he STILL dominates. How is that not proof enough? or are you going to say that his region doesnt know how to adapt to wolf still after all this time?
what ICs climbers is he dominating though? he's regularly beating the **** out of arty and whoever else, i know that much, but i'm specifically referring to the ICs here

D

Deleted member

what ICs climbers is he dominating though? he's regularly beating the **** out of arty and whoever else, i know that much, but i'm specifically referring to the ICs here
Lain and I'm pretty sure he's beaten Hylian.

tekkie

Smash Master
Lain and I'm pretty sure he's beaten Hylian.
hasn't lain been inactive for like a year or two? i remember kain beating him but lain's been dead in the community for a while iirc. also, iirc, hylian has a winning record over kain; i might be wrong but the last set i remember watching was two two-stocks in a row or something like that

D

Deleted member

I played Lain at a tournament in Michigan at the end of August, which he won. He couldn't make it to SiiS6 due to work, but yeah, he's definitely not inactive.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
hasn't lain been inactive for like a year or two? i remember kain beating him but lain's been dead in the community for a while iirc. also, iirc, hylian has a winning record over kain; i might be wrong but the last set i remember watching was two two-stocks in a row or something like that
jumpman beat hylian too.

either way, if iceclimbers "bodies" wofl, then so many iceclimber players shouldnt be losing an entire set to wofl players

rsr2

Smash Lord
Yeah I was going to say, Lain just plays a lot of Local Michigan tournaments (and wins most of them) :D

Top Bottom