• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Guys, I love playing as Wolf. :3c

I love his shine. I love his bair. I love his pummel.
And I love that up-taunt.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
So, Wolf's zoning and mixup game can be quite ********.

Also, fellas, every frame counts. Super important detail that should be remembered.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
If he switches mains then I'll have someone at tournys I can talk to who mains the same character as me and I won't feel lonely anymore.

:059:
Sonic mains stay true to their character. It's a fan thing. Espy, X, and Speed will not switch characters lol.

Think about JJ and Kain. They are true Wolf fans.

I rather go Mk vs Falco though. I use Wolf in at least 34 matchups.

Vids yesterday that will be uploaded probably by next week:

Me vs Omni (Mk). I won 2-1.
Me vs Meep (Ics). I lost 1-2.
Me vs Shadofiend (Sonic). I won 2-1.

Kinetic

Smash Apprentice
I think wolf's metagame should take a back seat to two things.

1) Ishie's Yellow Fever.
2) Scolding Choice for playing more Falco than Wolf. (I still dunno if that was just an Alph@Zellut [dodgin dat name search] typo or not.)

Also, Seagull omni vids plx.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
i couldn't find the thread so i figured i'd post nyah. did anyone know that we have guaranteed bdacus from a struggled air release on mk? O_O this probably isn't news, but i figured i'd post it hennyway :D

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
i couldn't find the thread so i figured i'd post nyah. did anyone know that we have guaranteed bdacus from a struggled air release on mk? O_O this probably isn't news, but i figured i'd post it hennyway :D
We have a guaranteed regular dacus on Mk too and Fsmash.

D-Rock1000

Smash Cadet
Hey all, I'm a Falco/Wolf main from Connecticut. I've lurked here a little bit, but I honestly don't look up that much information. I mostly just like to play the game and that's how I learn. I used to play a lot more, but school and life have caused me to cut down a lot (to 2 hours playing a week, 2 or 3 hours a week on brawl sites, if that). I still try and go to tournaments at least every other month, and more if I'm able to.

I think the best way to describe my skill level is this: For a power ranking discussion, there are often honorable mentions that just missed the cut of PR. I'm on the verge of the becoming an honorable mention, lol. I primarily use Falco and Wolf, but I also play a lot of other characters (on the Brawl Rankings, my characters are listed as DDD and Zelda, haha). I've played about 6 characters in tourney, but I'm trying to stick with more Falco/Wolf. I'm hoping to come here decently often, but can't say how active I'll be.

To start off, say a Snake is pulling grenades and holding the nades while coming down from above at higher percentages (like 110+%). Last time I faced a Snake doing this, I took about 40-60% just from the nades blowing up when my Wolf used an aerial on Snake. What's the best way to punish a Snake when they are in the situation like this?

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Hey all, I'm a Falco/Wolf main from Connecticut. I've lurked here a little bit, but I honestly don't look up that much information. I mostly just like to play the game and that's how I learn. I used to play a lot more, but school and life have caused me to cut down a lot (to 2 hours playing a week, 2 or 3 hours a week on brawl sites, if that). I still try and go to tournaments at least every other month, and more if I'm able to.

I think the best way to describe my skill level is this: For a power ranking discussion, there are often honorable mentions that just missed the cut of PR. I'm on the verge of the becoming an honorable mention, lol. I primarily use Falco and Wolf, but I also play a lot of other characters (on the Brawl Rankings, my characters are listed as DDD and Zelda, haha). I've played about 6 characters in tourney, but I'm trying to stick with more Falco/Wolf. I'm hoping to come here decently often, but can't say how active I'll be.

To start off, say a Snake is pulling grenades and holding the nades while coming down from above at higher percentages (like 110+%). Last time I faced a Snake doing this, I took about 40-60% just from the nades blowing up when my Wolf used an aerial on Snake. What's the best way to punish a Snake when they are in the situation like this?

Jumpshine. The answer to everything

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
jump shine the snake, i'm pretty sure the shine will protect you from the blast and still blow snake up.
or you could just let him hit the ground, he'll likely shield so the nade wont hurt him, wait for the boom then grab him or punish.

do nades blow up when snake is holding them and is attacked while falling?
i'm having a serious brain fart here @_@ i main snake and i cannot remember.

edit: JJ castorpolluxed me to it

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yes, yes this so much. All spacies are really strong in close range combat but Wolf also excels in zoning like few other characters do.

What mix-ups do you use? I try to implement jab -> aerial mix-ups like jab -> retreating fair -> whatever works; once I get the BDacus down I wanna see if jab1 -> fair -> BDacus is safe and how it works / pressures shields.
But seriously, mix-up your close range game with aerials. Falcos use jab -> dair a lot and it's pretty ********, especially if you throw in some occasional grab you can overwhelm LOTS of characters in close range.

Me vs Omni (Mk). I won 2-1.
Me vs Meep (Ics). I lost 1-2.
Me vs Shadofiend (Sonic). I won 2-1.
I'm really looking forward to these. Did you play these sets in regular tournament format? What stages do you use as your prefered starter against MK and ICs? I also like to learn about the Sonic match-up so make sure to show me these vids!

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Sonic mains stay true to their character. It's a fan thing. Espy, X, and Speed will not switch characters lol.

Think about JJ and Kain. They are true Wolf fans.
I can still theory craft though :( And yeah, I know he wouldn't drop Sonic as his main, just like I wouldn't drop Tails as my main if he was in this game.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I actually wanna pick up Wolf for friendlies and whatnot. I always have fun playing as the character, honestly. He's too fun.

I'll try getting matches of me playing him up soon.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I actually wanna pick up Wolf for friendlies and whatnot. I always have fun playing as the character, honestly. He's too fun.

I'll try getting matches of me playing him up soon.
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Yes, yes this so much. All spacies are really strong in close range combat but Wolf also excels in zoning like few other characters do.

What mix-ups do you use? I try to implement jab -> aerial mix-ups like jab -> retreating fair -> whatever works; once I get the BDacus down I wanna see if jab1 -> fair -> BDacus is safe and how it works / pressures shields.
But seriously, mix-up your close range game with aerials. Falcos use jab -> dair a lot and it's pretty ********, especially if you throw in some occasional grab you can overwhelm LOTS of characters in close range.

I'm really looking forward to these. Did you play these sets in regular tournament format? What stages do you use as your prefered starter against MK and ICs? I also like to learn about the Sonic match-up so make sure to show me these vids!
Omni always goes to smashville first game. He ALWAYS beats me there, so I lost first game. Then it came down to last stock high percent on Halberd (I'm at 160's, and he is at 130's). I needed a retreating fair to kill safely. He needed one up b Oos. I shield poked him with a fair and got it. I play better when I'm down to be honest. Third match we went back to smashville and I won in a way that seems smart on my half and really bad thinking on Omni's half.

Meep we played on Battlefield (He won), Smashville (I won), and I think Smashville again.

I beat Shado on Pictochat and some other stage. I forget.

Hey D-rock, haven't heard from you since Apex.
Team jj strikes again!!
Come to think of it, Jumpshine does throw Wolf straight up and I think Wolf looks up when he does.

Gah777

Smash Lord
...I thought Espy was a girl, why does KRD keep refering to Espy as a guy?

/third person

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
*cough* Shugo, Blue Rogue and Malcolm *cough*

I can still theory craft though :( And yeah, I know he wouldn't drop Sonic as his main, just like I wouldn't drop Tails as my main if he was in this game.

I'd be all Viewtiful Joe if he were in the game.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer

Also, fellas, every frame counts. Super important detail that should be remembered.
Yes to both. I wish Wolf had a faster jump :< Just a few less frames on some moves would help sooooooo much :x

@ topic title: ...No.

Just no.

AKA hi guys what'd all I miss x_x
Hooooooolycrap Pat is back from the dead xD How's it going? Thread title is just for kicks btw, we're not serious (or at least I'm not :p)

dude espy, you should play sonic AND wolf. you'd be so bad***.
Agreed, I'm curious to see Espy's Wolf :3

Hi D-rock, and welcome to the Wolf boards :) And yeah, JJ/castorpollux basically gave you a good answer for the Snake thing haha, you might also want to try grabbing Snake's landing too though, depending on the situation.

Gah777

Smash Lord
I'm so confused that my confusion is confusing. Someone explain to me everything cuz my confusion is skyrocketing up the tier list. Soon my confusion will even have an advantageous matchup against MK.

Gah777

Smash Lord
i got so lucky on Shoddy battle a few minutes ago. I started off losing, but ended up bringing it back with a lucky freeze one one of his pokemon then killing his Blissey that had 82% health on one hit with a critical Earthquake.

Also, whats up with all the sonic mains recently?

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
I only posted cause I played seagull like yesterday. Had the lead on picto. Got his with the dsmash and got sent horizontal and down off the stage..then gimped..

Have I ever mentioned I hate wolf's Dsmash?

PS I hate wolf's down smash.

Laem

Smash Champion
i love wolfs dsmash when it gets DI'd like that :D
i kinda hate it when it still doesnt kill Snake at 160 though

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
I'll make sure to look out for any Wolf's dsmash if I come across one in tourney now on. Thanks for that ridiculous head's up Seagull lol.

I think you're the only one in MD/VA now..

Top Bottom