• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Liked getting locked out of a brawl tournament?
No girls allowed.

Also iirc you were there early.

Or because you have no results to back up your claims lmao. But you should be #1 with your amazing wins.
Right, because wins vs lux (beat you at apex) and krys (beat kain at same tournament) is bad.

I forgot about how good I am at megaman, I think seagull is jealous of that too.

I like the soft breakdown around 2:40 or so, good work, I like that sonic song quite a bit anyway.

CsxMark

Smash Cadet
NNID
MarkLv7
^^^^ Damn seagull u just gonna take that? lmfaoooo HE ON YO HEAD BRO HE GOT WINS ON A NUGGUH NAMED LUX AND SOME PIT MAIN

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ish, I don't understand your point about Peach. At all.

Was that supposed to be a joke?

:059:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
No girls allowed.

Also iirc you were there early.

Right, because wins vs lux (beat you at apex) and krys (beat kain at same tournament) is bad.

I forgot about how good I am at megaman, I think seagull is jealous of that too.

I like the soft breakdown around 2:40 or so, good work, I like that sonic song quite a bit anyway.
I'm 1-1 with DeLux. The next time I played him I actually camped and it was a solid 2 stock if I recall correctly.

:018:

:phone:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Nearly any opinion I post will backfire at this point. /powder-keg thread

'Dreams, they complicate my life, (Dreams, they complicate my life)'
not in a good way again. mmmmng

I bought an 8inch 'Nebula Plasma Ball'. I used to have one and forgot how much fun they are. You have to get one that has a warning 'not a toy' for it to has decent power. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ilBszWtyjjs

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
guys here is a vid of Zigsta and I taking turns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-2XTpHtlAM&feature=youtu.be

if you know what i mean

:shiro:
I like your :wolf:. It's pretty solid.

Advice time: You seem to never use Fsmash. I know it's a highly punishable move, but it is also :wolf:'s best punish move (Double edged sword). I saw a lot of the time Zigsta would up b and move away and you wouldn't get hit. He also dair'd into the ground. Fsmash is a better punish then Dsmash because it almost never kills, but it racks up damage so you don't stale your other kill moves.

I'm not sure, but I think Fsmash refreshes other moves twice since there is two hitboxes. Confirm somebody?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm 1-1 with DeLux. The next time I played him I actually camped and it was a solid 2 stock if I recall correctly.

:phone:
That's great, and a prime example of why you are better than I am.

You can't dismiss someone elses wins/accomplishments because they aren't as good as your own, especially when I'm not gunning for the #3 spot even lol. Those are both top 75 players.

Advice time: You seem to never use Fsmash. I know it's a highly punishable move, but it is also :wolf:'s best punish move (Double edged sword). I saw a lot of the time Zigsta would up b and move away and you wouldn't get hit. He also dair'd into the ground. Fsmash is a better punish then Dsmash because it almost never kills, but it racks up damage so you don't stale your other kill moves.

I'm not sure, but I think Fsmash refreshes other moves twice since there is two hitboxes. Confirm somebody?
actually http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEcgp6Y4-7g&feature=player_detailpage#t=41s

He uses f-smash thrice in like 15 seconds, and one of them was really unsafe :/

Shiro, AC fair to f-smash seems to be a habit of yours.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

-Shiro-

Smash Journeyman
That's great, and a prime example of why you are better than I am.

You can't dismiss someone elses wins/accomplishments because they aren't as good as your own, especially when I'm not gunning for the #3 spot even lol. Those are both top 75 players.

actually http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEcgp6Y4-7g&feature=player_detailpage#t=41s

He uses f-smash thrice in like 15 seconds, and one of them was really unsafe :/

Shiro, AC fair to f-smash seems to be a habit of yours.
The times I use fsmash was all safe I didn't get punished for it and its not a habbit its an airdodge bait and well its dumb for you to say that I use fsmash too much I KNOW when to use fsmash The reason I didn't use vs Ziggybby was because the last few times we had played he punished me.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
lol I didn't say you f-smashed too much, I said seagull was wrong and you use f-smash.

Like I"m curious where "too much" came out of "he used it thrice in 15 seconds right here". Also I don't agree, just because you throw a move and don't get punished for it doesn't mean it wasn't unsafe, it means your opponent missed their chance to punish. Big difference.

And yes, it's a bad idea rely on any move that people punish routinely or bait you into using to punish.

Eh, I just tried to argue logic here but it's useless lol.

-Shiro-

Smash Journeyman
lol I didn't say you f-smashed too much, I said seagull was wrong and you use f-smash.

Like I"m curious where "too much" came out of "he used it thrice in 15 seconds right here". Also I don't agree, just because you throw a move and don't get punished for it doesn't mean it wasn't unsafe, it means your opponent missed their chance to punish. Big difference.

And yes, it's a bad idea rely on any move that people punish routinely or bait you into using to punish.

Eh, I just tried to argue logic here but it's useless lol.
If I didn't get punished that means it was safe doesn't it?

you do know that fsmash > air dodge right?

My opponent didn't miss the chance he did things that got HIM punished fsmash on shiled was intend cause he would have been forced offstage

But in all seriousness wolf's fsmash is really good just some zigsta knows how to bait really well

Rizen

Smash Legend
^thanks for the info :) . Were you PKrocketscience or something like that?
Q
Can Wolf jump Dair as an approach worth using like Ganon or Samus? We probably can but have better options so never do.

Getting a new computer's pricy but replacing photoshop is a royal pain. I have my CS4 disks but not the CS3 and my CS4 was much cheaper because it would only install on a computer with a legit copy of CS3 already on it. I'm thinking of dipping the glass orb of my laser ball underwater with it on. checking to see if anyone reads these, the effect will be super cool. I bet the water will make my arm tingle like when touching the ball. The base is easy enough to hold with little concern of dropping it. plasma balls are fun, I highly recommend getting one.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
No, being punished and being risky are not mutually exclusive terms.

In general, just because you didn't get punished doesn't mean it was safe.

I just sit and double/triple d-smash sometimes and I rarely get punished for it, it doesn't mean that I'm being safe, it means I haven't gotten caught yet.

If you have sex without a condom or birth control and you don't get pregnant/STD's, it doesn't mean you were safe, it means you didn't get punished for it.

-Shiro-

Smash Journeyman
Just so you know. The game isn't all about match ups its about figuring it other players habits Is it my habit that I'm doing AC fair > Fsmash? But its working most of the time no ? so that habit did you see me doing that against zigsta? as much as I did to hino ? No right??

I know what I'm doing I do play against GOOD notable people I've played delux in some friendlies and he couldn't beat my wolf with his ICs or wario I'm sure anyone in SoCal would back me up on this. I'm not stupid when I choose options vs people who don't know what to do vs wolf . thing is I do stupid **** at times but thats fine.

in other news I learned how to fight marth you gotta up b his fairs and you will win all the time

Also what is Sex?

:shiro:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I love Rob's reasonings.
I can't remember if that conversation's about too much Fsmash or to little.
I know what I'm doing I do play against GOOD notable people I've played delux in some friendlies and he couldn't beat my wolf with his ICs or wario I'm sure anyone in SoCal would back me up on this. I'm not stupid when I choose options vs people who don't know what to do vs wolf . thing is I do stupid **** at times but thats fine.

in other news I learned how to fight marth you gotta up b his fairs and you will win all the time

Also what is Sex?
Wolf can't actually spam attacks besides Bair can he? Spamming wrecks scrubs/people who don't know the MU but good people punish it. /my thoughts on Wolf

Marth's upB punishing makes him considerably better as a character:urg:. (icreversedreferencesarcasm)

Mommy kissed daddy and the angle told the stork and the stork flew down from heaven and placed a diamond under a leaf in the cabbage patch and the diamond turned into a baby.
Adams Family Values reference

It rules out six of these possible interests

Too bad Marin turned into a seagull. scanning/size reduction ruined the picture quality of this :urg:. Link's holding a ring in a box in case you can't tell.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Being able to draw things must be pretty awesome. I'm so damn terrible at it though lmao

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Nah, it's just that Wolf's pummel only refreshes moves if it does 1% damage - sometimes pummel doesn't do any damage though, in which case staleness isn't affected.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Nah, it's just that Wolf's pummel only refreshes moves if it does 1% damage - sometimes pummel doesn't do any damage though, in which case staleness isn't affected.

Source?

I've always been lead to believe the pummel doesn't stale due to the way the game treats consecutive hits.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Shiro, as I've said before, I'm 99% sure we've never played ICs vs. Wolf. I don't have a problem admitting losing to people when it happens. But evidence would indicate to me I didn't play you with ICs because you said I played my Wario. At the time I played Wario, I never switched to ICs during friendlies unless I knew who the person was (ie when I played them against Rich Brown). Actually, I still rarely use ICs prior to tournament, and generally will only play one or two sets with one of my crewmates to get warmed up or if someone asks me to use them after I point out I don't like using them (ie when I played with Falln for like an hour and a half). I don't think I've gone Wario in almost a year now and stopped playing him seriously a year and a half ago, but my prep habits remain the same and I'm very diligent with them.

Seagull BODIED me with wolf (read 2 stocked me and I think I only dropped 2 grabs so even the grab count probably wouldn't have mattered). Kain has dismantled me both times we've played. Holms picked me apart the three time we played in tournament. I played Choice prior to Apex and that also ended poorly for me. Except for the Seagull game I lost, a lot of it has been dropped grabs on my part. Wolf is still easily my worst matchup and is -4 for ICs or me.

But I don't remember playing you at all. And I alway remember who I lose to with ICs since I'm pretty obsessive about why I lose >_> I guess I could be wrong since I lose to almost every wolf, but it doesn't add up to me.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
lol I am trying >_>

And I really don't want to undermine Shiro's accomplishments because he seems proud that he beat me on some level even though I'm REALLY bad against wolf lol

I just don't think it happened. And I owe it to Rob as the only Wolf I can beat to set the record straight.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I thought to myself "Wait, he's citing a win vs his wario...loooooooooooool" because Lux hasn't had a Wario since like 2010.

All of the wolves you listed are better than I am so it makes sense you would struggle vs them as opposed to me. But I am a lot better than I was the last time we played, as I assume you are so it should be fun. Maybe you should play 1v1 instead of 2v1, having your girlfriend get involved is b.s.

Rizen

Smash Legend
The Wolf MU can be a massacre if you don't know it :/ .
I have a few MUs that aren't super bad but I suck at for some reason.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Source?

I've always been lead to believe the pummel doesn't stale due to the way the game treats consecutive hits.
I made a big long post about this, but phone was like, lolno so tl;dr smash lab should figure it out and stop all the rumors.

Shiro is the best wofl

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Ish/Lumi/people who like actual music-Since you like music and expressed an interest in my throwing of giant punk/metal shows I figured I'd post some local music of my friends.

Officially Terminated.

You can critique my friends wolf, it starts at 5:16 or something like that, he's fighting vs samus. That's my friend Devi who has wins vs Thugz in tournament but he's too into getting drunk and scoring with chicks to do things that matter, like smash tournaments, but when I get the chance to play him I do.

The 2nd match Seagull and Shiro should watch, lotta MRM fanclub material.

I tried to post an EP by my friends who used to play smash, one of them also a wolf main, but my laptop was stolen by people who want to play plague of legends so I'm on an inferior laptop. None of which are mine but the point is I have to do it later.

But I figured out how to do video editing on his decent laptop with a few updates and effort to the point where I could realistically stream megaman with it...

The matches are 4/28/12 so kinda old but meh

Point is

I have kinda lived with one guy who was in this band, and then my old roommate who lives in IL that I was staying with when I went to the IL tournament used to be their drummer before he finished his degree at evergreen state. Really cool guys. Their guitarist was an alcoholic to the point where his entire system failed and he should be dead but he isn't so I'm like ****ing stoked about that whole life thing. Their singer is a giant ball of energy who is one of the funnier people I met in Lincoln. Their bassist is kinda new but he was an old friend of theirs and my old roommates and I dunno, he's cool lol. I never got to know their new drummer at all but tbh he fits the band better than my old roommate did, he's more of a sludge/doom/grunge drummer imo.

fun fact: Shermanthetank filled in as the drummer of this band for one show and he didn't suck.

-Shiro-

Smash Journeyman
Shiro, as I've said before, I'm 99% sure we've never played ICs vs. Wolf. I don't have a problem admitting losing to people when it happens. But evidence would indicate to me I didn't play you with ICs because you said I played my Wario. At the time I played Wario, I never switched to ICs during friendlies unless I knew who the person was (ie when I played them against Rich Brown). Actually, I still rarely use ICs prior to tournament, and generally will only play one or two sets with one of my crewmates to get warmed up or if someone asks me to use them after I point out I don't like using them (ie when I played with Falln for like an hour and a half). I don't think I've gone Wario in almost a year now and stopped playing him seriously a year and a half ago, but my prep habits remain the same and I'm very diligent with them.

Seagull BODIED me with wolf (read 2 stocked me and I think I only dropped 2 grabs so even the grab count probably wouldn't have mattered). Kain has dismantled me both times we've played. Holms picked me apart the three time we played in tournament. I played Choice prior to Apex and that also ended poorly for me. Except for the Seagull game I lost, a lot of it has been dropped grabs on my part. Wolf is still easily my worst matchup and is -4 for ICs or me.

But I don't remember playing you at all. And I alway remember who I lose to with ICs since I'm pretty obsessive about why I lose >_> I guess I could be wrong since I lose to almost every wolf, but it doesn't add up to me.

I'm not proud that I beat you in friendlies. You are a really cool person we played at WGF and we played at one of mikes locals. I played your wario on halbird you SD'd thinking you had a fart 2nd stock though and I had beat you that game I played some guy after that I don't know who it was but I think you had teamed with him there after I had beat him you went ICs on me on smash Vile I don't know why I remeber this but I'm not proud of beating you hell I was scared to play you in tourney to begin with. I have respect for you in all but I don't mean it as in OH I BEAT YOU YOU SUCK type of way it was just friendlies people play diffident in friendlies that in tourney. Another reason I remember it was you cause we dont have any ICs here Only other Ice Climber is Larry and some guy who doesn't attend anymore.

Top Bottom