• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

pulse131

Smash Ace
a little somethin you gotta understand vocal is that we like to be known for being good with a mid, or even a low tier. people like me who main link and do at least decent with em and get praised for not getting owned is great, same goes for wolf, and anyone around that. just like those who get respect for winning really big tournies(high tier users usually), we get it for doing well with characters with big disadvantaged, having to out play others so much, its a cool feeling.
getting random people youve never seen to say, hey, i know you, your that pulse guy? you make blue elf? dude that vid was awesome! i wanna play you!
stuff like that is why i dont go mk.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
?

No one ever said anything about going MK :laugh: I just said you all make your characters seem worse than they are, so I suppose that's just a pride thing. And I agree with you not going MK, that's the reason I chose to stick with Olimar - he's got the tools to be good, but only if you're a good enough player to use them ^_^

KRDsonic

Smash Master
If people believe Wolf sucks then they can't really john after losing to him :)

*Remembers back when I mained Ice Climbers*
*First couple tournys* "Dude, those chain grabs were sick. Can't wait to see more of them."
*Few tournys later* "Dude, ICs are gay, why don't you play a real character?"
*The first tourny after I switched mains to Wolf* "Dude, you beat 2 Dededes. And it's ok that you lost to Falco, that guy was good and the matchup sucks for Wolf if you don't have experience at it."

It's funny how people act differently depending on who you use :p

:059:

D

Deleted member

I got johned by a Diddy I beat at MLG for lazer camping. :p

And the whole bad character skill pride thing really doesn't work for me at all. I HATE it when people say Wolf is a bad character, because I put everything I have into playing him and I truly believe he is pretty **** solid. My pride is playing as Wolf O'Donnell, not being able to play him.

So yeah, when Wolf is disrespected, I feel disrespected. Watch your tongue and get back to work, Star Wolf!!

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
lol Auspher, the Diddy had to be really bad if you could laser camp him wtf.

And Gheb, to be honest I neither think I'm bad at the mk mu nor that you could teach me anything new, I just have the feeling that the MU is pretty bad for Wolf. But try to convince me that I'm wrong =P.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
All of you low tier socials are the same; you consistently rank your character lower than he/she is. Maybe Ike boards are an exception (haven't been there) but I've seen it other places too, especially the Samus boards. Why don't you guys want to pump him up?
Question, who're you? Are you picking up Wolf or just visiting the land of the W0fls?
Tell me how to beat mk seagull.
ya gull me2
Wolf vs Mk is a game of wits with each other. You need to make Mk get in the air which you can do through RAR lasers, FH Lasers, and punishing his approaches. If Mk dashes to you, you can Fsmash or pivot grab.

The most crucial move in this matchup and I mean this, is Usmash Out of shield. Every time Mk attacks your shield, he does not go far enough to avoid the Usmash range.

Dair camping is beat with Uairs and Fairs. Never be scared in shield. Mk is slow in the air and you wreck him when he is above you. Shine>Uair, Bair, Fair when sent in the air and he comes after you.

Things never to do and reasons why:
  • Don't bair wall. Mk will punish you.
  • Don't EVER fsmash shield.
  • Utilize grab releases to Fsmash or Dacus. If he ground releases get the **** outta there.
  • Don't for the love of god spotdodge against Mk. Just hold shield.
  • Don't challenge Mk at the edge. Stay a distance from his Uair and Shuttle loop range. Stay grounded and be preppared to laser him cause no matter, which way he comes back he will eat a laser. Also prepare a jumpshine if he full hops or nados back on stage. Laser and Jumpshine cover every option. If he does a get up attack, shield and Usmash out of shield punish or dair his ***.
  • Don't challenge nado when it's hitting your shield. Your shield also better be tilted upward. And punish the **** outta Mk with Dacus or Usmash or grab when he lands.

I use alot of RAR lasers in this matchup because I'm running away and lasering. Let Mk come to you. Don't approach him. Mk is fast on ground and slow in air. Take advantage of everything. Avoid Dtilt's. Run away against Mk's dtilt because it's what will destroy Wolf because then combos begin. Mk racks on damage fast, which is the problem. Wolf has the tools to avoid it all with laser, shine, and his shield is pretty good.

Matchup synopsis 40-60 or 45-55 at best. It's getting better.
I got johned by a Diddy I beat at MLG for lazer camping. :p

And the whole bad character skill pride thing really doesn't work for me at all. I HATE it when people say Wolf is a bad character, because I put everything I have into playing him and I truly believe he is pretty **** solid. My pride is playing as Wolf O'Donnell, not being able to play him.

So yeah, when Wolf is disrespected, I feel disrespected. Watch your tongue and get back to work, Star Wolf!!
Diddy vs Wolf is 55-45 Wolf's favor. Learn to Powershield LOL. The only Diddy I've lost to and was read like a book was ADHD. I haven't ever played Gnes (supposed 2nd best Diddy).

Wolf still isn't that good regardless of how many people I can beat. He has too many flaws I can't stand, but I can't main another character rofl.

Oh and:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I had fun. Won every single Money match I did. All 7-8 of them.

Beat every Mk in friendlies including M2k, except Jtails. LOL.

Mk vs Wolf is an easy matchup to me now. I still suck vs Falco. Shugo dthrow>Bdacus killed me. So good.

Will upload pictures of me, Ish, and Pane (Big bad wolf). Wolfs <3
You didn't win our money match :3 lol Norfair and Japes. Although you did destroy me basically all the time after that... I was having such a bad day on day 3 :urg: but no johns :) I saw the picture btw, I look like an idiot xD

Also, wtf I'm supposed to do when you SH nair > uair my shield as MK? I can't usmash OoS after the nair, which is what I'm so used to doing since for some reason no other MK I've played does that :< And I'm always worried that they'll dash > shield so I don't fsmash dashes :x But giant thumbs up @ that post about how to fight MK :3 Hopefully I can finally put someone's words to good use, as I'm pretty sure you could tell I can't really do crap to MK :x

i decided im not going to lose again ever.
:bee:

But really, good luck lol.

All of you low tier socials are the same; you consistently rank your character lower than he/she is. Maybe Ike boards are an exception (haven't been there) but I've seen it other places too, especially the Samus boards. Why don't you guys want to pump him up?
I believe Wolf is a perfectly viable character in the current metagame, it's just that none of our players are good enough or active enough to really prove it. D3 is the only real issue to viability depending on if the smallstep CG is allowed and what stages are allowed for CPs.

Then again, I believe in a large "upper-mid tier" that includes characters that don't have any true hard counters, but have a few difficult (but far from unwinnable) high-tier matchups without ****** anyone in said tier. Brawl really is pretty balanced for the most part I think O.o

Also, yeah, thread title was because of the tier list discussion lmao. Some of us are kinda sorta hoping to be allowed in low tier tournaments for easy money as long as san isn't around ;D But I doubt people are dumb enough to make Wolf low tier :(

Also also, Pane/Big Bad Wolf is a pretty cool guy. It's good to see what a Wolf that develops almost completely independently is like :) APEX was fun overall, played some great players and had a good time hanging around/playing smash. Can't wait for APEX 2011 :3

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
You didn't win our money match :3 lol Norfair and Japes. Although you did destroy me basically all the time after that... I was having such a bad day on day 3 :urg: but no johns :) I saw the picture btw, I look like an idiot xD

Also, wtf I'm supposed to do when you SH nair > uair my shield as MK? I can't usmash OoS after the nair, which is what I'm so used to doing since for some reason no other MK I've played does that :< And I'm always worried that they'll dash > shield so I don't fsmash dashes :x But giant thumbs up @ that post about how to fight MK :3 Hopefully I can finally put someone's words to good use, as I'm pretty sure you could tell I can't really do crap to MK :x

:bee:

But really, good luck lol.

I believe Wolf is a perfectly viable character in the current metagame, it's just that none of our players are good enough or active enough to really prove it. D3 is the only real issue to viability depending on if the smallstep CG is allowed and what stages are allowed for CPs.

Then again, I believe in a large "upper-mid tier" that includes characters that don't have any true hard counters, but have a few difficult (but far from unwinnable) high-tier matchups without ****** anyone in said tier. Brawl really is pretty balanced for the most part I think O.o

Also, yeah, thread title was because of the tier list discussion lmao. Some of us are kinda sorta hoping to be allowed in low tier tournaments for easy money as long as san isn't around ;D But I doubt people are dumb enough to make Wolf low tier :(

Also also, Pane/Big Bad Wolf is a pretty cool guy. It's good to see what a Wolf that develops almost completely independently is like :) APEX was fun overall, played some great players and had a good time hanging around/playing smash. Can't wait for APEX 2011 :3

Correction, I lost a MM to one person named Arda Aryu =3

I do Nair>Uair because after a Nair I can Uair. I do it because no other Mk does that other then Mks who know how to use Mk to the full extent of move usage. You just gotta shield both :bee:

D

Deleted member

I met and played some friendlies with him at a tourney in NE Ohio.

And Vocal, you're pretty much everywhere on the boards nowadays. :p

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I met and played some friendlies with him at a tourney in NE Ohio.

And Vocal, you're pretty much everywhere on the boards nowadays. :p
This is true. I think this is now the...SIXTH social I'm subscribed to, not to mention dozens of tactical and general discussion threads :laugh:

.AC.

Smash Lord
oh i didn't want to know anyway, besides we probably have an advantageous matchup over you guys n_n

.AC.

Smash Lord
well, at least we have more of an advantage over yoshi than olimar does.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
hello, welcome to the woffles and syrup restaurant for bairs, we're glad to have you with us.

worst match up is Dedede, simply because of his huge grab range and ability to chaingrab us forever. X_X

then its probably pikachu, falco, shiek, wario and mk(?)

all of them because of chain grabs that put us either at high dmg or in bad situations, usually both. Mk just cause he's mk.

.AC.

Smash Lord
mk isn't that bad =P

wolf is extremely good at avoiding grabs but it's really tedious so i would just use a secondary if i don't feel confident, i actually think wolf vs falco is 50:50 and the rest of his bad matchups aren't worse than 40:60

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
lol Auspher, the Diddy had to be really bad if you could laser camp him wtf.

And Gheb, to be honest I neither think I'm bad at the mk mu nor that you could teach me anything new, I just have the feeling that the MU is pretty bad for Wolf. But try to convince me that I'm wrong =P.
Then at least show me how to not suck -.-

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I'd say both Falco and MK aren't bad. I don't have enough Wario experience to know what's so bad about him for Wolf. D3 is horrible if you don't know how to fight him...but honestly, I'd say the worst matchup is a toss-up between Sheik and Pikachu.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Random note: "Sheik and Pikachu" is such a nice ring to it if you pronounce and like "in"

Nice rhythm there, 1-2-1-2-2 with stress on 1, no clue what that's actually called but it's nice :D

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Staccatto? Could be wrong, though.
Nah, staccatto is just an adjective for a quickly made sound bascially; I was looking more for the name of that rhythmic pattern (if it even has one) but I've always been terrible at remembering the names of those :/

:shiek: N :pikachu2:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Wolf vs. Falco is still a weird matchup for me, though I must have the wrong mindset while playing him or something. When I mained IC, that was my least favorite matchup, yet I loved fighting Falco with Sheik. Currently I don't like fighting Falco with Wolf, but I love fighting him with D3. Then again, other D3s tell me they allow themselves to get chain grabbed rather than platform camping until they're at about 40%.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
mk isn't that bad =P

wolf is extremely good at avoiding grabs but it's really tedious so i would just use a secondary if i don't feel confident, i actually think wolf vs falco is 50:50 and the rest of his bad matchups aren't worse than 40:60
I agree. Except Wolf vs Falco can never be even with Cg to spike existing.

tekkie

Smash Master
Random note: "Sheik and Pikachu" is such a nice ring to it if you pronounce and like "in"

Nice rhythm there, 1-2-1-2-2 with stress on 1, no clue what that's actually called but it's nice :D
iambs, but with an extra unstressed? dont think theres a name for it

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Welcome to the boards Ethyl :) and yeah, worst matchups when you're starting out are probably going to be those that Golden mentioned, but they're all manageable if you play the right way (which, as AC said, can be a pain x_x)

mk isn't that bad =P

I love you. No homo.

But yeah, it's soooooooooooooo tedious. So tedious. :x I don't want to drag games to time with platform camping and **** :< And then you run the risk of playing a smart opponent that just waits for you to approach after they hit you with one laser in the beginning of the match, idk, it's really not fun. Don't get hit? :p

I think it's because of the "eek" sounds that create the stressed syllables so it's also kinda sorta like a rhyme, kinda? Either way, agreed :3

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
I got a DACUS kill just yesterday actually...
No one ever expects it from Wolf.
But yeah, usually I mess up the input and I look ******** doing like, three dash attacks before finally doing it right. That is, if they haven't punished it by then... -_-

My god, I feel so horrible. I'm listening to her...

Apollo$

Smash Ace
I got a DACUS kill just yesterday actually...
No one ever expects it from Wolf.
But yeah, usually I mess up the input and I look ******** doing like, three dash attacks before finally doing it right. That is, if they haven't punished it by then... -_-

My god, I feel so horrible. I'm listening to her...
Lady gaga ehhhh?

Top Bottom