• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Witchhunt 1

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol, you're forgiven. I'd make a good angel anyway.

Vote KingBoo

He clearly understands the game enough to be lying right off the bat, he's just throwing **** against the wall to see what will stick and depending on noobie sympathy to avoid the yeet. I'm normally against yeeting new people D1 but we can't afford it in such a small game and he gets to keep playing in heaven anyway.
I gtg. If you are going to yeet me then you are going to have to get the judge. I'm survivor.
bolded parts are inconsistent, why are you talking about how you'd make a good angel if you know you wont become one if we yeet you anyway?

also, pretty sure that's not how Judge works? Judge triggers if we fail to achieve majority correct?

"Judge - At the end of any day the players fail to select a player to eliminate, you may privately decide yourself, ignoring any extra lives that player may have."

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
The only role Witches can't be is priest. We also have to account for potential scumJudge. If Boom is telling the truth then Judge can eliminate Sabrar anonymously.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
The only role Witches can't be is priest. We also have to account for potential scumJudge. If Boom is telling the truth then Judge can eliminate Sabrar anonymously.
is my reading of Judge correct? I don't think Judge triggers just because someone can survive a yeet, judge only triggers if we fail to yeet at all

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
The Angels can protect townies from being killed one night.

Not sure how demons work though.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
When my shot takes effect N2, I have more of a chance of accidentally killing a townie than guessing right and killing a scum.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Angels can protect townies from being killed one night.

Not sure how demons work though.
ok lets just talk about angels for a second

do you understand what Sabrar has claimed? and that if he goes uncounterclaimed it essentially clears him as town?

When my shot takes effect N2, I have more of a chance of accidentally killing a townie than guessing right and killing a scum.
this is true and we will come back to this in a second but I need to know that you know the significance of sabrar's claim

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Xivii Xivii is my understanding correct that each and every one of these roles is guaranteed in the game but all but priest can be of either alignment and the 8th role is that witch backup role that they can swap for?

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Sabrar is the only person who's 100% town. But he can't cast the final vote needed for hanging. He can cast votes, but can't cast the final or majority vote.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Holy

Priest - Each night, you may check if a player is in the Witch Coven.

Information

Gravedigger - At the start of each night, you learn the Role and Player Type of whoever died to the Elimination that day.

Oracle - At the start of the game, you learn the identity of a random Village Commoner.

Defense

Survivalist - You start the game with an extra life.

Gambler - At the start of the game, pick even or odd. On those nights (but not days), you are protected from a kill.

Offense

Judge - At the end of any day the players fail to select a player to eliminate, you may privately decide yourself, ignoring any extra lives that player may have.

Hunter - The first time a player survives being killed, you may kill a player other than yourself the following night.

Dirty Old ******* - Once per game when your death is announced, you may Reveal your role and kill a player.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Nice preemptive excuse for hitting town.

You're not making it to night 2. You have been lying the entire game regarding your mafia experience, you do not reply to questions, and overall you do not appear to be taking the game seriously. I think there is a reasonable chance you are mafia and that this is a gambit. Unfortunately, if you are town we will still need to eliminate you because we can not leave you until endgame. But I am fairly confident you are mafia.

Woof
bessie
Sabrar
Xivii
FrozenFlame
Chaco
KingBoo
BoomFrog
Grrr

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sabrar is the only person who's 100% town. But he can't cast the final vote needed for hanging. He can cast votes, but can't cast the final or majority vote.
as far as I know he does not have any role based limitation on not being able to be the hammer vote, he just wanted to have his vote down ahead of time because I think he won't be around at deadline or something

but ok, you understand that Sabrar is 100% cleared as long as he goes uncounterclaimed

so, let's walk through this. if you are town, and we eliminate you, you will become an angel. Given that you are town, and you know that sabrar is town and a huge town asset, if and when you are an angel, who should you always choose to protect from death using your angel ability?

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Village Clergy - The most powerful roles are considered “Holy” and are always aligned with the Village. Their roles are reserved for Holy Villagers and cannot be given to other player types.
(Holy Villagers have no other unique function besides getting a reserved role that is always Village aligned.)

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
you may privately decide yourself, ignoring any extra lives that player may have
I'm saying the way to yeet me is to no lynch on purpose and judge will execute me. If judge doesn't follow the will of town then they are scum. But Xivii is right, scum!judge could anonymously kill how they like and then claim their other role they know no one has.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I would most likely protect Sabrar from death. He's got an important role.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Judge should claim so they are responsible if we are going to no-yeet = > judge execute me. Or we could just yeet the obvious scum.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Question, why did Sabrar claim? Ive skimmed but haven’t read in depth and probably won’t have time to feel dig before deadline just from stuff going on.

I’m cool with Boo lynch or Boom tbh. Boom is higher chance scum imo.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would most likely protect Sabrar from death. He's got an important role.
he has the MOST important role and is guaranteed to be on your team, you should ALWAYS protect him. not most likely, ALWAYS

do you understand this?

If we choose to eliminate you and you don't agree to always protect sabrar and you're town, you'd basically be throwing the game. I need to make sure you understand this

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Only issue: If we vote Boom, the votes for him are moot. He's got survivalist.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think we yeet boo, if he's town we have him protect Sab and sab checks boom because if we're dealing with scum survivor we really need to know that

after his failed quickyeet stunt we really can't have him survive as hunter. he's game endingly lethal if scum and coached properly and if he's town he could easily throw

Chaco

Never Logs In
I agree that combos not at all likely for this size.

I’d be inclined to believe Boo is lying about his role from hinting elsewhere and such before more so than Boom.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
nothing personal kingboo but if you are town you should know why we're uneasy keeping you alive. you're admittedly new to this and you've been slow to understand the overall mechanics of this setup. if you're town you're a liability, your role is too swingly. if you're scum, you're a huge threat to town if we leave you alive with that role because you can essentially negate a successful night protection by the angels

the best thing you can do for town at this point, if you are town, is just accept elimination and commit yourself to protecting sabrar so he can assist the rest of the town as long as possible

not trying to be a **** and pick on the new player but I have to play to wincon and giving you a nice simple role to play will increase the odds of town winning much more regardless of your alignment

Vote: KingBooGengar57

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree that combos not at all likely for this size.

I’d be inclined to believe Boo is lying about his role from hinting elsewhere and such before more so than Boom.
what does it matter how fair or balanced scum survivor and hunter is? aren't the roles distributed randomly except for priest? even if it is stronger than most combos, that's the luck of the draw and the variance within the setup. we should not discount the possibility of boo/boom team on the basis of their claimed roles at all

Top Bottom