• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wish Corruptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Granted, the bridge falls on top of you. Suck-cessful troll is suck-cessful.

I wish I wasn't terrible at drawing without a reference picture.

The Fail Tracer

3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Granted, you get asthma from a Death Truck.

I wish I could think of stuff to say without pausing in the middle of sentences all the time.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
You are made of fire but you burn down your house and are put out by the firefighters.

I wish I could fly 1.5x the speed of sound.

Segastorm

Smash Apprentice
granted, but prior to breaking the sound barrier, you are trapped inside another sound wave as a sound within a sound, thus ceasing to exist once it dissipates into nothing.

I wish I didn't have a headache right now
JK

The Fail Tracer

3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Granted, you get a headache and it stays for three days because you said JK.

I wish for three more days off of school so I can make a potato salad.

The Fail Tracer

3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Granted, but everything in the entire world smells like new car to you.

I wish the new car smell wasn't so nauseating.

megaminerzero

Smash Rookie
Granted, you turn into a sandbag right in the middle of a home run contest, and you can't change back.
I wish I could object like Phoenix Wright.

Link2thelost90

Smash Lord
Granted, but you must do it how it looks like your avi is...in other words, with no fingers.
I wish I could shoot lazors out of my armpits.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Granted but its a pirated cartridge(Check all the saftery procedure on youtube[bout earthbound piracy safety]

wish I woulnt see so many toyotas and more fords/bmws(cars)

Loxo

Smash Rookie
Granted, but the fish was atom-sized.
I wish Luigi's down-b (Luigi Cyclone) was easier to ascend with.

Kris121

Smash Journeyman
PORYGON

Background​
Porygon is the artificial Pokemon in the pokemon games. It has two Evolutions that are improvements of each other. In Brawl this Pokemon works together with each of its forms in order to fight and destroy the competition.

Porygon is the first Pokemon in the lineup. It’s the smallest at the size of Olimar and has similar stats. All the Porygons float a bit above the making low hitting moves useless against the player. Porygon’s specialty is in dealing damage and comboing. It’s KOing moves are the weakest of the 3 but has the fastest moves of the 3.

Porygon 2 is the second Pokemon in the lineup. This one is actually the biggest of the 3 pokemon getting to be Sonic or Mario size. It’s actually easily comparable to its SSBM appearance. He is the most defensive of the 3 Pokemon and has more turtley abilities but has more KO moves that Porygon does not have. It is slower but gets the job done easier than Porygon.

Porygon Z is the final Pokemon in the lineup. Once you obtain this form you cannot go back to the previous forms. In fact with Porygon you only get to go one way which is up. Porygon Z is the strangest of the 3 forms. He is extremely offensive and uses its abilities for extremely strong damage and KO ability. Of course it is also the most frail and has a hitbox similar to Ivysaur.

The 3 Pokemon share special moves but the different attacks such as Aerials, smashes, and neutrals are different.​
Special moves

Down Special- EVOLVE

Porygon/2 blasts with a bright light. This pushes any opponent in a smart bomb radius of Porygon/2 just outside of that radius dealing no damage. After about 1/2 a second the light fades and the next pokemon in the line appears. Also when you switch to the next Pokemon in line you heal 20% health.
Like it is said in the intro you can only evolve upwards. To go down to a previous form you must be KOed at which point you respawn as a Porygon.

Neutral Special- Lock On

With most of Porygon/2/Z’s abilities being ranged attacks it is very important to be able to hit with these attacks. When you press the special attack a cross hair will appear on the enemy that is closest to you in front of you. This attack takes a second to perform but once you use this attack successfully a pointer thing will appear above the opponent’s head. Upon performing your next move the pointer will disappear but your attack will automatically aim at the opponent. This attack can still be dodged normally but using lock on will remove the peskyness of having to manually aim your attacks.

Up Special- Cyberspace freefloat

When Porygon/2/Z uses its Up Special attack they take on a freefloating stance. For the next 6 seconds they Porygon/2/Z will go in any direction that is desired without the effects of gravity. This is most comparable to Pit’s recovery. However when you use this attack and are hit out of it you unable to use it til you reach solid ground or rather until you are floating above solid ground.
A really cool thing that you can do with this move is to “cancel” it. By pressing the Up special attack whilst freefloating you will stay in that spot for the remainder of the time allotted and you may fire off any of your attacks as if you were standing there from a potentially out of reach area of the stage.

Side Special- Hyper Beam

Porygon/2/Z will fire off a Long range beam similar to ROB’s Laser attack but there is a much larger beginning lag about 1 second of it. This beam can be aimed similar to ROB’s laser but it is much more beneficial to use it in conjunction with Lock on. Anyways this attack is one of Porygon/2/Z’s main KO moves. It deals 25% damage on hit and knock back similar to a tipper Marth Forward smash. The downside to using this move is the cooldown. When you use this attack you are unable to use any other moves for 3 seconds except for Evolve. Also this particular attack gets charged up similar to Wario’s waft or ROB’s laser. You are only able to use this attack once every 60 seconds.

FINAL SMASH
Final Smash- Seizure
This was kinda expected.

A Pikachu walks in from the background and uses its Thunder attack in the middle of the stage. But wait. Something has happened. It appears that Pikachu blew something up and THE SCREEN IS FLASHING RED AND BLUE! This occurs for 5 seconds during which everyone is immobilized. OMG what is this?!! It seems everyone but Porygon is suffering from an epilepsy of some sort dealing 80% damage over 10 seconds while rolling on the ground. This gives Porygon/2/Z ample time to kill the opponents.

PORYGON
[/SIZE]

Neutrals

Jab- Sharpen

For Porygon’s Jab it will sharpen its head and legs making them really pointy for a second. Any enemies that are right infront of Porygon will be given 4 % damage and a small amount of hit stun allowing you to follow up with other moves.

Forward tilt- Peck attack

For Porygon’s Forward Tilt, Porygon quickly dislodges its head and shoots it straight forward a stage builder block at which point the head will return back to its rightful place. If the head makes contact it deals 5% damage and gives them a small bit of hit stun for you to take advantage of.

If you use this move right after your sharpen attack then you deal an extra 2% damage.

Downward tilt- Feet sweep

Since Porygon is always floating it uses its “feet” to attack on the ground. This causes Porygon to shoot its feet out a short distance in front of it similar to the forward tilt. This deal 4% damage which is less than the Forward tilt but you are able to use this attack much faster than the Forward Tilt. It is also a very effective tool for edge guarding.
If you are able to get a sharpen attack before this move, feet sweep will deal 4% damage extra and will act as a mini meteor smash if you can hit at the edge of the stage.

Upward Tilt- Download

Porygon will look upward and a beam of light one stage builder block high will appear above his head shooting down on Porygon. This will deal 4% damage to anybody that gets in its way and will be meteored infront of Porygon allowing for follow ups with the other neutral moves. If you are able to pull this move off without being hit or hitting an opponent you will heal for 3% damage. This heal can only be used once every 5 seconds however.

Dash Attack- Digital charge

Porygon/2/Z all have the same dash attack. They perform the move that Porygon 2 had in Super Smash Bros. Melee which is a quick dash that knocks opponents in the air dealing roughly 10% damage. What makes this move cool is that you can press the Attack button again to digitize back to the original point where you started the attack. This allows you to follow up on the knock up with other moves of your own.

Smashes

Forward Smash- Ice Beam

Porygon shoots an blue ice beam in front of himself that deals 9% damage at minimum charge and 15% at maximum charge. Like Hyper beam this move can be aimed and is similar to ROB’s laser in the way it looks. If you get this attack to connect you will freeze the opponent like the ice climber’s blizzard attack. This move has a bit of a beginning
charge up but has little ending lag.

Downward Smash- Flame thrower

Porygon will shoot a short range flamethrower effect in front of itself for 1 second. This will do 14% -19% damage and unlike Bowser’s or Charizard’s flame it will cause a knock back effect. This attack also hits a little behind Porygon but not that much behind. Flame thrower is really good for getting people away from you when there is more than one attacker.

Upward Smash- ThunderBolt

For Porygon’s upward Smash he looks up in a 45 degree angle and shoots one electric ball in that direction. It moves similarly to pikachu’s neutral special but goes up instead of down. This will deal 10-16% damage on contact and will stun the enemy for half a second to 2 seconds in place based on the length of your charge. This move interacts with Lock on in that when you fire a Locked on Thunder bolt it will fire off in the direction of the enemy.

Aerials

Neutral Aerial- Tri Attack

Tri attack is pretty much the signature move of the Porygon family so it’s an important part of each Porygon’s different move sets.

For Vanillagon it acts as an aerial damage attack. When you are in the air and use the Tri attack you fire a single ball of energy of blue, red, or yellow in front of you. This attack can be aimed obviously upwards or downwards. The energy ball goes as fast as falco’s laser and deals 7% damage. What makes this attack really good is the fact that it’s a “Tri-attack.” If you are quick enough you can fire this move off in quick succession 3 times.
That being said you may only have 3 Tri energies on the screen at a time.
If all 3 hit the opponent (which is really easy if you are fast enough) then they will suffer an additional 4% damage bringing the total up to 25% damage.

Down Aerial- Artificial scratchings

Porygon’s legs detatch from its body and it scratches underneath him doing 5 scratches over 1.5 seconds. Think of Yoshi’s down aerial. This will do 3% damage for each scratch that you hit with.

Forward Aerial- Head lance

Porygon’s forward Aerial is very much like Porygon’s Forward Tilt. However Porygon’s aerial version is done in the air. It actually is very good for taking on other aerial characters as your head will usually out range the opponents attacks. This version deals 8% damage flat and doesn’t get a boost from Sharpen.

Upward Aerial- Arm pop

For this move Porygon lets its legs off its body at which point they arc above its head dealing 4% damage twice. This is just a good way to harass someone that is above yourself. But aside from that you have other things to be doing at any given time.

Backwards Aerial- Propeller

The tail thingy of porygon begins to shake around every time you press the back aerial command. This will give it one rotation dealing 1% damage to a small hitbox behind youself. However what this is used for is recovery and mobility. You see the faster you spam this attack the faster your tail spins. And since it’s a propeller thingy you get pushed Forward when you use this attack.

Grabs
Porygon can’t grab enemies but the other forms can.

megaminerzero

Smash Rookie
...Unrelated...
*Grants Loxo's wish*
Granted, Luigi gets star KO'd every 2 seconds.
I wish for...NOTHING!!!

Loxo

Smash Rookie
Granted, but you get bored out of your mind for the rest of your life.
I wish nobody in the entire universe use unfair tactics for the SSB series.

megaminerzero

Smash Rookie
Granted, all unfair tactics become fair, and you keep dying like you did before.
I wish Pac-Man was in Brawl.

Asteuruxaz2082

Smash Cadet
Granted, now the entire Mushroom Kingdom residents sue you and take away all the items in your possession.

I wish that I don't hear things awkwardly.

Loxo

Smash Rookie
Granted, but you never get offline.
I wish that nobody will corrupt my next wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom