• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wind Waker Link's moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
I want to see adult links moveset. its far superior than link or young links moves. Adult Link for Brawl!

Mr_Hero

Smash Apprentice
I couldn't be bothered to read 25 pages of stuff but anyway... I don't think WW Link should be in Brawl. If by some chance he does get in I think he should have more of a jump-around swordplay like in WW.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
I change my mind. I would love to see ww link replace young link.

But I still don't think it is happening. For one they would have to take away the cell shading, which wouldn't be that difficult really, and secondly, it's pretty obvious that TP is going to be the zelda theme for this game. If anything they will just take any other variation of link out.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I change my mind. I would love to see ww link replace young link.
Good that you see the light.
But I still don't think it is happening. For one they would have to take away the cell shading
No, they wouldn't.
Have you seen Pikachu? Cell-shaded. Have you seen Yoshi's stage? Incredibly cell-shaded.
And the list goes on.
Cell-shading is already in. If anything, they'd have to give him some actual legs.
and secondly, it's pretty obvious that TP is going to be the zelda theme for this game. If anything they will just take any other variation of link out.
I don't think they're going to just stick to one theme. The Zelda series has more than one face, which I'm sure will be presented, and they already had Majora's Mask and Zelda II repped in Melee.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Ya what is your point? We already know they have cell-shaded stages. All the more reason why they wouldn't want to have link cell shaded.

Did you not see my post that you responded to like a week ago where I said cell shaded characters on 2d cell shaded stages would look awful?

And no pikachu is not cell shaded in any way shape or form. But for some reason you keep telling people that over and over in this thread.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Ya what is your point? We already know they have cell-shaded stages. All the more reason why they wouldn't want to have link cell shaded.

Did you not see my post that you responded to like a week ago where I said cell shaded characters on 2d cell shaded stages would look awful?
...could you illustrate this somehow? That makes no sense to me.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
...could you illustrate this somehow? That makes no sense to me.
It would look like paper mario, only characters in smash bros. don't just move up and down, they angle. So in order for cell shaded link to work on cell shaded stages...he would basically have to move like mario in paper mario.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace

I still don't get it.
Neither the stages, nor WW Link are 2-dimensional.
The only thing not 2 dimensional about the stages is the platforms and obstructions you stand on. The backgrounds are very much so 2-dimensional. And I didn't say WW link was 2 dimensional.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
He never said there would be no clones, ever. I've looked at every bit of info a dozen times, and never was that mentioned. Besides, WW Link is to Link wat Luigi is to Mario, not just in terms of character, look, and actions, but moveset wise. But a much diffrent stats of course, the most drastic diffrence from clone to clone IMO. We call it a luigified clone! BTW. awsome username! ;)
...actually, wen u said that, i just noticed ive only been saying that cuz everyone else here. that is true tho, he would luigified, unless Sakurai gives him some kind of moveset that makes him more jumpy
Prepares to flam

Proof cel-shaded characters work in Brawl

1.Ike: He was originally cel-shaded, and now isn't

Does this cel-shaded hero look familiar to you=???

A [semi-]cel-shaded dinosaur, nice! :grin:

Anyone reconize this electric rodent=???

This dude looks [semi-]cel-shaded

A green hairded cel-shaded dude. Totally original! XD

A cel-shaded boxing Kirby series character, nice!

Giant red land dwelling cel-shaded beast thingy....CHECK!

[Semi-]cel-shaded space virus thingy ma bobby Pokemon, check! XD

cel-shaded Pokemon

Another cel-shaded Pokemon! XD

Too easy

One of the most desired and likely characters for Brawl will probably be cel-shaded. He's all but confirmed as well!

He's a diffrent art and graphical style character, and he's in Melee.

15.It's f***ing smash bros, Sakurai can do watever the f*** he wants with it! ;)

16.Many expect WW Link in Brawl, and has a heavy and huge pro-in Brawl as a PC fanbase! ;)
...pwnd haha
I want to see adult links moveset. its far superior than link or young links moves. Adult Link for Brawl!
i count Link and Adult Link as the same thing...
The only thing not 2 dimensional about the stages is the platforms and obstructions you stand on. The backgrounds are very much so 2-dimensional. And I didn't say WW link was 2 dimensional.
theres already cel-shadedness in Brawl anywayz. and even tho G&W was a different kind of artwork, he still made it in Melee. if some 2D thing made it in Melee, a cel-shaded Link wouldnt be bad Brawl IMO
1. I hate cel shading.
2. I hate people calling him Link; "Wind Waker Link" is just a boy in a Link style costume.
3. He doesn't have any legs.
1. too bad
2. that is a different Link from another storyline. Wind Waker started hundreds of years after Orcarina of Time. the island where "Wind Waker" Link came from puts on a Link costume because on that island thats how they honor the original Link for saving the world. and his name is Link in Wind Waker because it just happens to.
3. ...yea thats true. wait i can see them, theyre small. but otherwise thats true

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
1. I hate cel shading.
Well cel-shading hates you, and who gives a f*** about graphics=??? It's f***ing SSB, Kirby's cel-shaded, Miis are cel-shaded, Jesus is cel-shaded...heck I'm cel-shaded! :laugh:

Proof cel-shaded characters work in Brawl

1.Ike: He was originally cel-shaded, and now isn't

Does this cel-shaded hero look familiar to you=???

A [semi-]cel-shaded dinosaur, nice! :grin:

Anyone reconize this electric rodent=???

This dude looks [semi-]cel-shaded

A green hairded cel-shaded dude. Totally original! XD

A cel-shaded boxing Kirby series character, nice!

Giant red land dwelling cel-shaded beast thingy....CHECK!

[Semi-]cel-shaded space virus thingy ma bobby Pokemon, check! XD

cel-shaded Pokemon

Another cel-shaded Pokemon! XD

Too easy

One of the most desired and likely characters for Brawl will probably be cel-shaded. He's all but confirmed as well!

He's a diffrent art and graphical style character, and he's in Melee.

15.It's f***ing smash bros, Sakurai can do watever the f*** he wants with it! ;)

16.Many expect WW Link in Brawl, and has a heavy and huge pro-in Brawl as a PC fanbase! ;)
2. I hate people calling him Link; "Wind Waker Link" is just a boy in a Link style costume.
Play Wind Waker...his name is Link. This point is retarted, sorry.

3. He doesn't have any legs.

LEGS! That was the most retarted point of the three. I'm sorry, come back with real reasoning. ;) I'll just quote my cel-shaded thing. Also, add in the devil, and cel-shaded haters get pwned even more! I'm going to have to start making up my own vocabulary [again] soon! :laugh:

Edit: A dedicated Zelda fan, especially the Wind Waker fan made this=I thought it was cool!

dragon duce

Smash Cadet
his final smash could be the parry strikes
first the one that is like the helm splitter in TP then the backslice and then the one used in the final match with ganondorf, of course they wouldnt turn to stone, if they did it would only last a little while

_Slick_

Smash Ace
Final Smash:

When WW Link grabs a Smash Ball he obtains the Wind Waker. He uses it to command Tornado's. They will sweep the stage and will carry opponetts off for OHKO. This is a no escape thing since WW Link is so darn awesome.

Oh and basicall this should be called "The Ballad of Gales".

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Phantom Hourglass! Phantom Hourglass for a Final Smash! Freeze time and have some fun!

Admittedly, the gale thing could work too, and I might replace the Phantom Hourglass FS with something like that in my moveset.

Well looky here, I found it...

Name: Hero of Winds
Developer: Nintendo
First Appearance: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Other Notable Appearances: Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass

Height: 2/5
Weight: 2/5
Attack Speed: 3/5
Attack Power: 3/5
Attack Range: 2/5
Grab Range: 4/5
Running Speed: 3/5
Jump: 3/5
Falling Speed: 3/5

Regular Attacks:

A: Horizontal Slash (5%)

AA: Forward Stab (5%)

AAA: Sword Rush (Continuous jabbing assault, very quick. 4% each hit.)

Dash A: Undercutter (HoW slides, cutting anyone in the way of his dodge, knocking them up and away from him. 12-13%)

F Tilt: Shield Attack (HoW smacks the enemy in the face with his shield, causing low damage but reasonable knockback. 8%)

U Tilt: Jump Attack (HoW jumps forwards, striking the foe from above with his sword. 10-12%)

D Tilt: Parry (HoW rolls forwards, and slashes as he jumps up out of his crouch, as seen in The Windwaker. Can be used to dodge moves and attack people from behind if you’re right in front of them. 10-12%)

F Smash: Power Thrust (HoW grips his sword with both hands, charges up for a moment and then lunges forwards in a move with significant range, given his fast, abrupt lunge. The hit player is rocketed away with horizontal knockback. 10% Uncharged, 18% Charged)

U Smash: Ganon’s End (HoW jumps up and forward, and if he touches a character, stands on them as he plunges his sword into their forehead. He then pulls it back out and flips off the character, striking them with his sword as he does, for reasonably good upwards knockback. 8% Uncharged, 16% Charged)

D Smash: Hurricane Spin (HoW does the signature 360 degree spinning attack that strikes everyone around him. The final arc of the move does an extra 50% damage and high knockback. It has a far greater range than HoW’s sword regularly does, but if used from a fully charged state it leaves the HoW dizzy for a second. 12% Uncharged, 20% Charged)

Aerial Attacks:

N Air: Aerial Slash (A simple horizontal slash in the air. 10%)

F Air: Bomb Throw (HoW lobs a bomb forwards. It explodes if it hits a player, or else explodes after a certain amount of time once thrown. Good knockback, especially on other aerial characters. 20%)

B Air: Reverse Grapple (HoW swings the grappling hook, so it arcs from underneath him to behind him. If it strikes anyone below him it performs a Meteor Smash, but if it hits someone behind him, it grapples them, and HoW pulls the grappling hook, causing the grappled foe to smash into the shield on his back and get knocked backwards. 10%, 6% extra when hitting the shield.)

U Air: Beast Slayer (HoW jabs his sword straight upwards, and anyone struck by this gets flung quite high. 10%)

D Air: Iron Boots (HoW hops and the Iron Boots appear on his feet, causing him to plunge downwards. Anyone struck by this gets knocked away with some horizontal and downwards movement. However, HoW can’t stop falling until he hits something with this move. It also makes him fall incredibly fast. He continues to wear the boots once he hits the ground, which makes him impervious to all winds, and much heavier and slower. To cancel out of the Iron Boots, HoW must perform a D Tilt, which de-equips them and performs Parry. 15%)

Special Attacks:

B: Wind Waker (When B is held down, tap the control stick in the direction you wish the wind to blow. For a short period, the wind will blow in that direction. Moving against the wind slows you down, but moving with it speeds you up. If the wind is blowing upwards, all jumps are assisted, more noticeably for light characters, if the wind is blowing down all jumps are hindered, again more noticeably for the light characters.)

Smash B: Boomerang (HoW tosses the Boomerang out in front of him, and you can hold B to allow the flight path to be changed. When you hold it, HoW goes unresponsive and you can DI the boomerang up to five times to change directions. This move doesn't have to be Smashed to work, you merely have to hold left or right before you tap B. 8%)

Up B: Deku Leaf (If used on the ground, it creates a powerful gust of air that surges upwards and forwards, knocking anyone it hits high up into the air like the tornadoes of Hyrule Castle in SSB64. If used while in the air, it will slow your descent and makes the fall very DI-able, or if you’ve used the Wind Waker to blow wind upwards, HoW will catch the breeze and soar upwards in a DI-able jump that has excellent range but is quite slow. 10%)

Down B: Skull Hammer (HoW slams his Skull Hammer into the ground in front of him, dealing heavy damage to anyone hit by it. If it doesn’t hit anyone it sends out a shockwave in front of HoW that stuns anyone hit for half as long as a shieldbreaker stun. 15%)

Final Smash: Phantom Hourglass (HoW uses the Phantom Hourglass to temporarily freeze time, then you can dash around and attack people for that period of time free of danger.)

Grapple Attacks:

Grab: Grappling Hook (Pretty simple, HoW tosses the Grappling Hook forward, it wraps around a character and you pull them in. Nice and useful. The range is a little longer than Link's Hookshot, but it's not as fast to deploy and retract.)

Grab Attack: Constrict (The HoW tightens the rope wrapped around the enemy, constricting them and damaging them slightly. This move is also unique because it actually prevents the enemy from wriggling free as easily as normal. 1%)

Forward Throw: Power Bracelets (The Bracelets appear in a flash on HoW's arms as he hurls the enemy bodily across the stage. Impressive knockback, but no damage.)

Reverse Throw: Grapple Toss (HoW swings the Grappling Hook around his head with the character attatched and then releases, sending the character behind him with moderate upwards and rear knockback. 9%)

Up Throw: Deku Doom (The captured foe is tossed into the air with a Deku Leaf, making them highly vulnerable to wind directions until they recover from the throw. 7%)

Down Throw: Waking Wind (HoW tosses the character upwards as he waves the Wind Waker, causing the wind to change to a sharp upgust, adding significant height to the throw. The wind then suddenly becomes a violent downforce, and the thrown character slams into the ground. Damage is dependant on weight, with light characters taking more. 5%-13%)

Edge Recovery: Hyoi Pear (HoW tosses a Hyoi Pear onto the edge of the stage and seagulls swoop in to peck at any edgeguarding players as HoW jumps onto the stage. 3-8%)

Tether Recovery: Graceful Grapple (HoW autotargets the nearest ledge when he taps the grab button in mid-air. If the grappling hook can successfully grapple an edge, then HoW has to climb up it, moving fairly slowly. He can be attacked quite easily while climbing the rope and reeling it in. When he reaches the top, Hyoi Pear is automatically performed.)
Johnknight, did you ever end up reading/commenting this? I can't recall. I really should stick all nine or ten of my movesets into one thread...

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
I saw that, and they rocked. They also love Dark Samus and Wolf...but no Diddy or Megaman??? F*** Bomberman in Brawl, f*** Pac-man 9 times more if he makes it in Brawl! :laugh: And good to have you back Burning Lava, it's nice to have you drop by again! :)
Yay, now we don't have to worry about Diddy anymore at least. (I know, old news.) Heh, and yeah it's a good time on these boards I should post more often. By the way, how is Sakurai's family doing? Their ropes are still tight right? Maybe you could loosen them a bit if Sakurai agrees to include Megaman. (Obviously he's already included WW Link by now.)

Hey, I would be more than willing to keep his teenage daughters at my house... just throwing that out there. (I have no idea what his family consists of.)

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
While I want to think we have an AC character, we have no proof. So, WWL is not necessarily in.

Out of curiosity, who where the top two?

Now think of an icon, a stage and an item that appeared in Melee but didn't have a character to represent them. You don't even need to use all 3, just 1. Can't think of any?

I rest my case.

King Dedede came first.
Then Diddy Kong, tied with Geno, Ike and Ridley.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Final Smash:

When WW Link grabs a Smash Ball he obtains the Wind Waker. He uses it to command Tornado's. They will sweep the stage and will carry opponetts off for OHKO. This is a no escape thing since WW Link is so darn awesome.

Oh and basicall this should be called "The Ballad of Gales".
This should be the final smash, makes complete sense.

Oh, and I think he should just be called Wind Waker. Succinct.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t

Now think of an icon, a stage and an item that appeared in Melee but didn't have a character to represent them. You don't even need to use all 3, just 1. Can't think of any?

I rest my case.

King Dedede came first.
Then Diddy Kong, tied with Geno, Ike and Ridley.
Yeah, yeah. I know. But while an AC character is likely, one is not confirmed.

Well, Diddy and Ike both made it.

This should be the final smash, makes complete sense.

Oh, and I think he should just be called Wind Waker. Succinct.
Yeah, Wind Waker. Or Hero of Winds.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I'm positive that he would have Link in his name. His name would be something like Wind Waker Link, Wind Link, or Wind Hero Link. Or they may even call him Young Link, but still give him his WW appearance.

Actually, most people earlier here said Hero of Winds was the best name for him. His name isnt really going to be Wind Waker Link, cuz the cel-shadedness was in other games for LoZ too. They certainly arent going to name him Cel-Shaded Link, cuz thats stupid (for an official name; it suits best as a nick name). Hero of Winds would be the likely choice IMO

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
Actually, most people earlier here said Hero of Winds was the best name for him. His name isnt really going to be Wind Waker Link, cuz the cel-shadedness was in other games for LoZ too. They certainly arent going to name him Cel-Shaded Link, cuz thats stupid (for an official name; it suits best as a nick name). Hero of Winds would be the likely choice IMO
Not to mention the best...IMO...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think young link should use some kind of sword, maybe some bombs...a boomerang of some sort...Ooh, definetly a Bow!

Fawriel

Smash Master
yea, but calling him Hero of Winds reps the "Celda" series. Young Link makes me think more of Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past (and all the other games he was in) more than the Celda series....but thats IMO
...I don't see that. "Hero of Winds" is specific to Wind Waker. It's not like all the other cell-shaded Links are Heroes of Wind, right?
"Young Link" actually seems to fit quite well in that respect because it's turned into the style for all the new younger incarnations of Link.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
I think young link should use some kind of sword, maybe some bombs...a boomerang of some sort...Ooh, definetly a Bow!
You're a rem.

Up B:
Deku Leaf. Used in a similar way to how Peach's parasol works (Get a little launch up, then glide).

Smash B:
Use the Deku to waft it at enemies, causing them to be blown away.

Neutral B:
Hits the ground with the Skull Hammer, causing a shockwave, similar to DKs Down B.

Down B:
Puts on Iron Boots, which have the same effect as a Metal Box, but prevent him from running.

...I don't see that. "Hero of Winds" is specific to Wind Waker. It's not like all the other cell-shaded Links are Heroes of Wind, right?
"Young Link" actually seems to fit quite well in that respect because it's turned into the style for all the new younger incarnations of Link.
Yea i know, thats y i said it was my opinion. Young Link would be fine i guess. a new name just sounded better for him tho...

EDIT: PsychoIncranate: yes, thats perfect. oh but u forgot to say his recovery move, when he spins around with the sword out...[/sarcasm]

susu_atari: the <>B could just be ^B on ground...something like the Hurricane Spin or something else could be the <>B....

Fawriel

Smash Master
Wait, wait, wait, wait, sarcasm?
I agree perfectly with PsychoIncarnate.

The Iron Boots are, frankly, a horrible idea for a move. Sure, they aren't such a bad idea in themselves, but try to think of a character less like a random assortment of moves and more like a single unit with moves that complement one another. Giving a clearly bouncy and agile character the ability to become really slow and heavy is just........ *gesticulates wildly* ...rawr!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom