• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wind Waker Link's moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Random Bump=Keep this thread ALIVE! :)

^^^^ You forgot Miyamoto and his family, I got them al hostage, like you have Sakurai and his family hostage. In fact, I have the whole SSBB development team, and I forced them to add WW Link, and several other awsome characters! In other words, Johnknight1 is making the Brawl roster, forced the team to return WD and other awsome stuff, add awsome stuff, and I control the development of them game! *evil laugh* :chuckle: ;) :laugh: :)

Nah just jk! (don't want to confuse random n00bs)

He should play like YLink in Melee, but with his own new personal twist! Add a few weapons, make his grab recover faster if you miss (it is slow as heck to recover=easily exposed), etc. Overall he needs to be original, or luigified (though I doubt he'll WD that much :laugh:). In other words, what Fawriel said! ;) :) :laugh:

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
His Hurricane Spin could indeed be an update to the normal spin attack... an attempt at making it original *without* making it suck badly. It could function as a somewhat weak, fast move to both sides, or be charged up for a stronger attack than Link's Spin Attack... kinda like Pichu's Skull Bash. =P
Yeah, something like that. Maybe it (hurricane spin) would be similar to Yoshi's egg rolling attack, so he could hit multiple opponents and keep going for a bit like in Zelda: WW. Also, he should be kinda similar to Y Link I guess, but I'd like to see a totally new style of Link battle. One interesting thing he could have, is the grappling hook instead of the Smash standard hook shot. He could use it grab "hearts" or something out of people, so he could get like 1 or 2 % out of people. (If you recall, Link could get items out of people in WW like this.) The damage recovery would mostly be a gimmick/nod to his original game, and would mostly be used to damage the opponent, and annoy him from a distance. (Like a regular attack) I don't know, maybe he could still have the hook shot. AH HAH! I got it!

B over = Boomerang (per usual)
Z grab = hook shot (per usual)

the kicker:

B neutral special: He can charge up the the grappling hook (spinning faster and faster) and tilt with the control stick up and down to release the grappling hook across the screen! It will give opponents a little bit of knock back, and maybe also give CelLink 1 or 2 % heath. This would further differentiate the Links. (Plus if I'm not mistaken, the Grappling Hook was introduced in WW, so that Link should get a move/weapon "pioneered" in his game.)

P.S. Adult Link will (should) be able to aim his arrows as well. This is just something that makes sense. I, as I'm sure many of you, thought of this years ago, well before the announcement of Pit's light arrow control. *BUMP!*

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Bump for all the justice in the world=keep this amazing and awsome thread alive...FOREVER! (or at least until WW Link is confirmed).

Once a 3rd E3 trailer comes, he'll be confirmed. I know because Fawriel and I are switching between who is holding Sakurai hostage=to force him to put WW Link in Brawl! :chuckle:

Yeah, something like that. Maybe it (hurricane spin) would be similar to Yoshi's egg rolling attack, so he could hit multiple opponents and keep going for a bit like in Zelda: WW. Also, he should be kinda similar to Y Link I guess, but I'd like to see a totally new style of Link battle. One interesting thing he could have, is the grappling hook instead of the Smash standard hook shot. He could use it grab "hearts" or something out of people, so he could get like 1 or 2 % out of people. (If you recall, Link could get items out of people in WW like this.) The damage recovery would mostly be a gimmick/nod to his original game, and would mostly be used to damage the opponent, and annoy him from a distance. (Like a regular attack) I don't know, maybe he could still have the hook shot. AH HAH! I got it!
That's how I imagine the hurricane spin, like Yoshi's egg, but instead a crazy little kid spinning around in circles going psycho on people until he gets dizzy! :chuckle: However, I don't think the recovery hearts is neccissary. Adult Link (or TP Link) should use the double clawshots, and YLink should use the hookshot (the grapple hook doesn't work IMO).

WW Link should be able to grab like YLink in Melee, but instead of the hookshot dropping on the ground like in Melee, it goes back and forth a lot faster (because the line is metal instead of a rope). Anyways, for the air Z attack, the grapple hook should only be used then IMO. That seems to suit him best, and overal I think that would work best.

B over = Boomerang (per usual)
Z grab = hook shot (per usual)

the kicker:

B neutral special: He can charge up the the grappling hook (spinning faster and faster) and tilt with the control stick up and down to release the grappling hook across the screen! It will give opponents a little bit of knock back, and maybe also give CelLink 1 or 2 % heath. This would further differentiate the Links. (Plus if I'm not mistaken, the Grappling Hook was introduced in WW, so that Link should get a move/weapon "pioneered" in his game.)
Boomerang should still be Bside, arrows B (I say the fire arrowsfit nicely), bup is spin attack (or hurrican spin if charged), and Bdown should be another rapage attack. I think eliminating the bombs could seperate the characters, along with a very original A attack moveset. Thus, we have a Mario and Luigi relationship between Link and YLink (WW Link), and we have a original character (TP Link), and a semi-clone, semi-original character (WW/Young Link).

P.S. Adult Link will (should) be able to aim his arrows as well. This is just something that makes sense. I, as I'm sure many of you, thought of this years ago, well before the announcement of Pit's light arrow control. *BUMP!*
^^^^ I like this idea a lot. TP Link aims the arrows, Pit blasts them and controls them, and WW Link uses them like Link and YLink in Melee, but sorta diffrent/added onto=works perfectly. 3 purely original arrow using attacks=fits nicely.

TheBlackblaze

Smash Cadet
Nive moveset up on the front page, but if It were me, I'd give him aroows for his b, with them having a chance at freezing or burning a character, and move his hammer to b smash. Also his B down, could be a stat inhancer to, it'd make him as heavy and slow as a metal bowser. And what I've thought about so far for the hurricane spin. it'd be a small charge(about shorter as pikchu's B smash) , but you can control your direction of it. It'd be a powerfull move and kinda hard to turn and once he's done with it he'd be dizzy.
also he'd have a bunch of specials, he could crawl.
grapphle and grab with his grapphling hook.
and glide with his deku leaf.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
*bump for justice* (panics to keep his favoirte thread alive)...Anyways....

@ TheBlackblaze
No stat inhancers, that would be cheap=unfair. His Bdown should either he his deku leaf, or skull hammer. Also, I'm so confident he's in Brawl, I made a bet with samusrules that he'd be in Brawl. If I lose...well I'll have to have a sig with a anti-WW Link slogan, saying something along the lines of "samusrules owned me like the n00b I am." for a month. However, if the opposite occurs (as I am confident it will be) samusrules will have a pro-WW Link pic and a "Johnknight1 owned me like the n00b I am" as they're sig. Now I got more reasons to want WW Link, lol! :laugh:

Fawriel

Smash Master
Go Johnknight!

Stat enhancers aren't wrong because they could be unfair, they're wrong because they... are wrong. Just like the Skull Hammer. It's just not the right style. Young Link is supposed to be fast and with projectile tricks and stuff, why give him clunkiness as his abilities?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^ But wat could be a better Bdown=??? Im positive the bup will be YLink's spin attack, but improved, the B will be almost the exact same (while Link can aim it up and down freely, and Pit controls his arrow's movements), and his <b> will probably stay the same=the boomerang. But I am assuming that his bodwn will change, because with the boomerang bombs aren't reallly needed.

We could replace the bombs with the deku leaf, skull hammer, or maybe the grapple hook (where it smacks your opponent really fast, and you can charge it up to do more damage, and you can move on the ground while charging=YAE!) Maybe WW Link could have the skull hammer work as a sorta charge bdown, maybe (minus the charging). Anyways, I'm begining to wonder what the bdown would be=too many choices. Then again, there can never truely be too many choices, lol!

O, and I bet you all love my new sig, though I hope to put Megaman, Krystal, Wolf, King Dedede, Diddy Kong, Samurai Goroh, and Ridley. But before I'll do that, I think I'll redo my current sig to make it look even better.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Bombs are arguably Young Link's most important projectile. I wouldn't mind them changing, I mean, completely changing, his up-b to something different, but the spin attack just makes the most sense unless they make it his down-smash... which is actually a brilliant idea I have to go inform Sakurai about.
All his projectiles so far ( equating Young Link with WW Link here ), with some improvements possible in certain areas, serve a certain purpose and would be missed.
The bow and arrow are probably the least useful as it is right now. The bombs, on the other hand, are one of the deepest moves in the game.

I wouldn't mind the up-b changing to the Deku Leaf or so.
Used on the ground, there's just a gust of wind, no damage, a bit of knockback, but no stun...
A cape!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Not like that has anything to do with each other. If Link as he is would only gain special attacks involving his sword, that would only make him worse. Marth is more powerful because he's fast, has unrealistic grab range, absurd power, crazy combo-ability, even an illogically good recovery and so on.

Special attacks that give the character a set of tricks perfectly complement a set of normal attacks all based around the same thing ( except for the occasional kick ).

Also, Link rocks.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Deku Leaf just fits as recovery move, it could also be a strong air projectile on the ground. May I suggest:

-B or up-B as chargeable spin attack (from single spin to hurricane spin, can move on the ground, gives vertical recovery not given by the Deku Leaf)
-give the boomerang slight homing capabilities
-give the bombs the physics and effects of Wind Waker (i.e fall extremely fast)

Also:
F-Smash: Jumping slash (gives him great range)
His throws should be based on his counterattack move.
D-Throw: Helm Splitter
B-Throw: Back Slice

And yes, Link does own. Not as much as Ness, but still.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
First off, I'm pretty nuetral on WW Link. However, he does have a fun moveset to make. So many interesting ideas so far.

And so I bring to you, FrozenRoy's...

Wind Waker Link moveset:

B ~ Deku Leaf: Thought this would be his Up-B, huh? Nope! This move has two versions: Ground and Air. On the ground he simply swats it foward, creating a gust of wind. The leaf itself hits the foe just about right so they get hit by the gust. The gust will give medium knockback and if their still in range of it can be hit again. Length of gust is about Y.Link's Smash Boomerang. In the air, WW Link will swat the leaf down and create a diagonally-angled gust of wind. Getting hit by the leaf in the air spikes like a shine, while the gust pops the foe only slightly up but fairly far foward.

Side-B ~ Boomerang: WW Link shoots forth his boomerang, think like Y.Link's boomerang range wise. However, this boomerang is special. If there are more people in the arena, it will also target them for damage. In a 1v1 Battle, the boomerang will whip around and try to strike the same person 4 times(including the initial hit) before attempting to return to WW Link. WW Link can only have one boomerang out at a time. Very miniscule knockback, but nice damage for a projectile.

Up-B ~ Roc's Feather: WW Link uses Roc's Feather from Four Swords to jump up high. If your ON the stage, you'll jump then perform a Link Dair-like downward stab. However, if your off the stage you will jump while doing a Link Uair-like stab until the end. The Down-stab has high knockback but little damage, while the up-stab has high damage but little knockback. Being extremely close to link when he jumps will simply caused you to be pushed away with a bit of hitstun. If the ledge comes up when your in the air and using the up stab, you will grab it and cancel the attack.

Down-B ~ Pegasus Boots: WW Link charges foward, slicing his sword. Hits multipile times and goes about as far as 3/4 Mario fireball's. The first two hits cannot be DIed, but the rest can. Only the last hit delivers enough knockback to send someone flying.

A ~ Diagonal Slice: Slices Diagonally with his sword. Not much to say.

A, A ~ Diagonal Comeback: Slices diagonally the other way.

A, A, A ~ To Be Blunt: Hits straight foward with the hilt of his sword, this does Tilt-level knockback but poor damage.

Foward Tilt ~ Side Swipe: WW Link swipes his sword, horizantally, in front of him. Does medium damage and knockback, with average hitstun.

Down Tilt ~ Skull Swat: Squats and does a low swat with the Skull Hammer. More damage and Knockback around the hammer part.

Up Tilt ~ Swirling Stab: WW Link thrusts his sword up, then twirls it. 4 Hits total, not counting the thrust. At high level of damage, the thrust can semi-spike. Last hit sends foes straight up.

Dash Attack ~ Dashing Sword: The same sword slice dash as Y.Link and Link in SSBM.

Foward Smash ~ Skull Hammer: WW Link smashes the ground in front of him with his Skull Hammer. This move has about the power of the Roy Foward Smash, but has slightly more range then a Roy sweetspot while having slightly more start-up lag. More damage and knockback at sweetspot(The actual hammer), but more hitstun at non-sweetspot.

Down Smash ~ Double Hammer: Splits his Skull Hammer into two smaller Skull Hammers, then smashes them to both sides of him. Half the range of his Foward Smash, but to both sides. The damage and knockback is much like Roy's Down Smash, but the lag is slightly less with a wee bit more knockback. No sweetspot.

Up Smash ~ Fire Rod: Shoots a fireball up into the sky, once it hits a certain point if explodes into flames. The fireball itself has only very slight upwards knockback, but the fiery explosion has very good knockback. The fireball, however, provides the basis of the damage.

Nair ~ Sex Kick: Just like the title says, think of it as a cel-shaded Y.Link sex kick.

Fair ~ Mole Mitts: WW Link stabs foward three times while wearing mole mitts, first two hits do 8% Damage and move the foe closer to WW Link ever so slightly while the thrid hit does 9% and sends the foe ever-so slightly down with a fair amount of towards. Each hit does 10% damage and little to no knockback.

Uair ~ Fiery Stream: Shoots up a stream of fire. This stream is like Mr. G&W's aresol, you can hold A to keep the fire up longer. L-Cancelling this move only removes 33% the lag instead of half.

Bair ~ Lanturn: WW Link sticks out his lanturn, this has a small hitbox but comes out fairly fast and hit's the foe fairly hard up and foward with decent damage.

Dair ~ Bomb Blast: WW Link quickly takes out a bomb and throws it down. Getting hit by the bomb in the air will cause you to go towards link and EVER SO VERY SLIGHTLY down(by slightly, I'm thinking Mario Jab-like strength in down) in an explosion. If this hits the ground, it may explode with the same effect as an aerial explosion OR may bounce a bit to one side then explode. High damage with decent knockback but bad lag.

Grab ~ The Hookshot: It's the Hookshot, a little longer then Y.Link's but shorter then Link's.

Grab Attack ~ Hilt Smash: Smashes the foes head with his sword's hilt.

Foward Throw ~ HAMMA TIME: WW Link throws the foe every so slightly foward, the smashes with the skull hammer. High knockback, but only medium damage. With PERFECT DI, can be slightly DI'd out of.

Up Throw ~ Chain Toss: WW Link whips his hookshot behind him, whipping his foe into the air.

Down Throw ~ Final Stab: WW Link throws the foe into the ground, then jumpstabs their head.

Back Throw ~ Hylian Kick: Kicks the foe backward.

BACON ~ Wind's Force: Starts off with WW Link playing the Wind's Requim, which granted him invincability and such during this move. Then plays the Ballad of Gales to send a mighty Tornado across the stage, due to the aforemented invulnearability WW Link can use moves during the tornado. Tornado only does knockback at the end of it's time, but does damage the whole time. Invinciablility wears off after this move.

Kirby Hat ~ WW Link's Cel-Shaded hat(And I think it would also be cool if Kirby became cel-shaded).

Taunt ~ WW Link takes out the Wind Waker and twirls it around while whistling, then puts it back.

Misc.: BACON = Final Smash.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^ Good moveset FrozenRoy, and you should join us in our cult following of WW Link. He really could have some great moves as you listed, but generally I think his B moveset should stay the same, maybe change the dB to the deku leaf, skull hammer, or something like that.

Also I added the link to this thread on the Character Link INDEX thread (AGAIN!), and hopefully it gets put down this time. That way we'll get more positive traffic, and this will be a much more active thread. Also, I plan on beating Samusrules in that bet, lol! :chuckle: ;) :lick: :) :grin: :laugh: :cool:

O, and do all you like my new super awsome sig=??? I plan on updating the background later, and maybe add a few more WW Link pics to it, showing off him in all of his uber pwnageable ways! ;) :) :cool:

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Man, I just hope he's announced at E3! He won't be, but I still hope! Actually, I don't care as long as he's in the game.

...I'd actually be really surprised if we didn't even get ONE stage based on Zelda: WW. I may have said this before, but if we can have a stage based on a decent/mediocre past Mario game, (Sunshine) than surely we can get something from WW which IMO is at least one notch above Sunshine. I think they will probably have multiple Zelda stages, and you can bet they won't ALL be TP, or OoT.

All of this points towards a playable WW Link. You know they must have at least thought of it, since I'm sure his game came up when thinking of stages to create.

I'll give him a 65% chance of making the roster. Maybe he'll at least be an assist trophy, even though that would suck in comparison to playing him.

EDIT: If he's in, even if he's low tier, we cult followers will play the heck out of him so that people will just be SCARED to play against us! Psycho rabid little kids with swords! We'll bring him to the top! (Or maybe he'll just be designed well from the beginning.)

JUSTICE IS SERVED! (by my bumpage of this honorable thread)

Fawriel

Smash Master
EDIT: If he's in, even if he's low tier, we cult followers will play the heck out of him so that people will just be SCARED to play against us! Psycho rabid little kids with swords! We'll bring him to the top! (Or maybe he'll just be designed well from the beginning.)

JUSTICE IS SERVED! (by my bumpage of this honorable thread)
Our yells of wrath shall echo across the valley and strike murder and fear in the hearts of our enemies!
THEY!
SHALL!
FALL!

*paints face green and starts running in circles as he fails to open the door by pressing A*

Fawriel

Smash Master
Sorry for the double post, but...

Look at Pikachu.

Look very closely.

Doesn't he look sorta... you know...

Cell-shaded? *grins*

And to make this post even more awesome than it already is, I shall create a non-clone but still Young Link moveset!
What primarily sets apart Twilight Princess Link and Wind Waker Link is that the former is serious, laid-back and cool, while our hero is... bouncy!
That's to be kept in mind for his A moves!

A-moves:

Neutral
A, A, AAA...:
Slashy! - Link slashes horizontally quickly, then back again, then goes into a furious, Marth-like infinite. The swipes keep getting weaker, while the first is actually relatively strong.

Tilts
Forward:
Uppercut! - Uppercut with the sword. One of the combo finishers from the game. Blows enemy forward an okay distance with nice damage. Anyone hit with the tip of the sword at the end of the move is sent up a little instead.

Up:
Birdslash - Hop and slash in a horizontal overhead arc. Good range, nice for juggling.

Down:
Watch your feet! - Link slashes his sword along the ground with the tip grinding across the ground, hard! Nice and very horizontal knockback, and there's a hitbox below ground-level at the tip that meteors for edgeguarding purposes.

Aerials:

( His aerials are all pretty good and come out fast, but they last relatively long so he can't chain too many into another. )

Neutral:
Love kick - He's too young for a sex kick.

Forward:
Flipslash - Slash forward with a full-body flip. Shuffling will look so funky it's amazing.

Back:
Backslash! - One of the moves from his parry attacks, he turns around and performs a hard horizontal slash with a full horizontal turn. Nice attack.

Up and down:
You know these ones. :p
Hey, he even defeated Ganondorf with the dair! I mean. Sort of!

Smashes!

Forward:
Jumpslash - Can't be missing in action again. You know the deal. Pretty good knockback, but relatively long start-up.

Up:
Battle in the Sky - Link makes a tiny hop. He squats. He then propels himself upwards ( aka jumping ) with his sword stretched out, taking with him whoever's hit by it. He does a flip in the air, briefly pulls back his sword and uses the momentum of the jump to slash upwards with power, pulls it back again and slashes once more horizontally.
The first phase pulls enemies in, the second finishes them off vertically and the third hits anyone who managed not to be hit by the second hit into the horizontal KO zones.
Good for star KOs, combos, mindgame-y unexpected KOs and for looking extremely flashy. :p
Bit of start-up time and cool-down time, though.

Down:
Wheelslash - Good old quick finisher to both sides, except this one is one big slash that Link turns around for half-way.

B-moves:

I stand by my claim that Young Link's melee B moves are superawesome and don't have to be changed since they are pretty much the most recognizable items of the whole series. They work a little differently in many Zelda games, so you'll have to work with that.

Neutral:
Arrows - Link takes an arrow, puts it into his bow, charges up for a short time. Woopdeedoo.
However, as soon as it's done charging, you may press up for fire or down for ice before you let go.
Normal, fully charged: Okay damage, sends upwards at a slight angle for combos and stuff.
Fire, fully charged: Okay damage, accompanied by an explosion of fire, can KO at around 120% with strong, diagonal knockback.
Ice, fully charged: Good damage, accompanied by an explosion of ice, sends enemy up some and causes them to tumble.

Forward/Smash/Over/Whathaveyou:
Boomerang - Wind Waker introduced multi-hit boomerangs. As such, his Boomerang does just that: It doesn't have a strong, point-blank hit and otherwise really weak ones, but the damage stays consistent and it is not held up by enemies, but will keep going. Chances are they'll be hit more than once! The damage is nothing to write home about, but it always pops them up a little for combos.

Down:
Bombs - Same as they are now, except they gain KO abilities ( albeit nothing too awesome ) when smash-thrown. Yay!

Up:
Spin-attack - I know, I said this might make a good up- or down-smash, but it would be missed as a recovery.
This spin-attack works just like Link's except weaker. On the ground at least. The good thing is that it still retains the same knockback abilities when used in the air, like Link's in SSB64. Awesome!

Taunt!

Link yaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwns, stretches and looks groggily in front of him. All this jumping around is so tiiiring.
Longest and most humiliating taunt FTW! :grin:

-Final Smash-

I'm stealing this idea from someone. I forgot who they were, but they're superawesome and deserve credit for this. Kay!

Link takes out his Wind Waker
( that sounds kinda wrong actually )
and whips up a huge tornado around him.
Everyone caught in it suffers no damage, but as soon as they're released, their weight is reduced by half!

Aaaand that's it for now. All work and no play makes Faw a dull boy.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sorry for the double post, but...

Look at Pikachu.

Look very closely.

Doesn't he look sorta... you know...

Cell-shaded? *grins*
Well look at Dr. Wright, doesn't he look cel-shaded too=??? How about Kirby=we pwn the competition! Wat about MK, he isn't cel-shaded, but he sorta does look it a little! :)

Neutral:
Love kick - He's too young for a sex kick.
Or is he=??? :laugh: Maybe he learned from OOT Link, and succeeded him in "the action!" :chuckle:

Taunt!

Link yaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwns, stretches and looks groggily in front of him. All this jumping around is so tiiiring.
Longest and most humiliating taunt FTW! :grin:
Johnknight1's idea on the taunt. He pulls out his Wind Waker and starts messing around with it. (Don't get any idea...:lick:)

-Final Smash-

I'm stealing this idea from someone. I forgot who they were, but they're superawesome and deserve credit for this. Kay!

Link takes out his Wind Waker
( that sounds kinda wrong actually )
and whips up a huge tornado around him.
Everyone caught in it suffers no damage, but as soon as they're released, their weight is reduced by half!

Aaaand that's it for now. All work and no play makes Faw a dull boy.
How about it racks up damage, similar to Suicine, and doesn't effect their weight. I'm the first person to say I hate stat inhancers/droppers in Smash, other than in special melee of course. Then again, it is a good idea, and Final Smash's won't be used in tournies most likely, so I guess it could work. But I'm still against stat effecting things, outside of items that are for that specific stat enhancer (bunny hood, metal box, mega/poision mushrooms, etc.).

That's my thoughts, and Fawriel, I hope Mic accepts youor proposal, though he closed my WW Link for Brawl thread like 5-7 months back (and I understand why=don't eat Johnknight1!). This thread was a good idea, but we need a actual "Wind Waker for Brawl" thread, vs. Wind Waker Link's moves. Maybe a title change=??? Just a thought, and my = thing going! :) :laugh: ;)

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I hope someone hasn't already suggested this, but WW Link could have the skull hammer for his side smash attacks, and for his down +B he could put on the iron boots. Though this would make him heavier, slower, and fall faster, at high percentages he would be harder to hit away. Also if he's in the air, he could come crashing down on the opponents below. I know it's not likely, but I think it would be awesome. WW Link for Brawl!!!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^ All that's been said, but way to support WW Link and nice sig! So I'm not the only one who wavedashes to school. By the way, I taught Luigi how to Wavedash, but he doesn't know my secret to super duper wavedash! :grin: Samus' super wavedash is nothing compared to mine, lol! :laguh:

On Topic: I hate stat enhancers/reducers, except with some basic items, like the metal cap, bunny hood, etc. But hey that is just me, so don't be discouraged! ;) IMO, I say it WW Link's B moveset should be:

nB: Bow: Since I think Link's will be upgraded, WW Link should keep the old one. It should be the fire arrow still, and it should be able have less lag to pull out, for super spamming.

<B>: Boomerang: With Link getting the Gale Boomerang, and it probably is more of a damage racker than stun or impact move, I say WW Link's boomerang should be a good stunner, doing 20% less damage than Link's boomerang. It's stun is perfect for combos, and doing a full on spam charage against your enemy (simliar to Falco's laser, little damage, good impact for high comboability).

uB: Spin Attack: Spin Attack, Spin Attack, Spin Attack. We love the spin attack, it is a good move (though many overuse it, Link's is great for defensive positioning). It should stay similar to YLink's, being a damage racker, but it should do more damage, and at the end it does a good impact hit, with good stun. With that siad, it wouldn't be a KOable move, unless you get your opponent way up in the 700 percentile area! :grin: It can rack up to 17% or 18% damage.

Also, it would be neat is you could hold uB, you do the hurrican spin, with a insane amount of damage racking ability, but little impact and great stun to combo the hell out of your opponents. However, it takes 3 seconds to charge, and it can do up to 40% damage. The final spin slice does good impact and extremely godo stun, hitting your opponent far. However, if you miss the final slash, you'll be vulnerable (dizzy) for 3 seconds. You're vulnerable for 3 seconds even if you hit the final slash on the super spin attack, but the impact is good enough to keep your opponent trying to recover for over 3 seconds.

It is KOable on the light characters around 150%, and for the heaviest of characters around 190%. Hard to work, and it doesn't stop, unless you press B again. It's max time is 6 seconds (it goes insanley fast like MK's nA continual), and for 2 every second you do it, when you press B you're vulnerable (dizzy) for 1 second (2 frames=1 frame vulerable). If your opponent does any non-smash or strong/long range special attack on you and your sword hits it, you run through them.

Also, if your oppnent does a long range attack and hits your blade, you stop doing the spin attack 5 spins (1 spin=2%, and you do 4 spins per second), and then contiunes unless cancelled (in which you won't be vulnerable! ;). If your opponent does a smash attack or strong melee B attack, then WW Link does 3 less slashes, and you are vulnerable (though you can press Z to cancel). you can control which way you go doing this attack, and can jump (it's like a short hop) while doing this (you'll continue swinging), and it is controlled with the controll stick. Really in depth, lol! :chuckle:

dB: The way I see it, it will go 3 was. I list them in order from ones I like the most, to the least.

Option 1: Bombs: The bombs returning would make WW Link the ultimate spam artillary character! With nB as the fast and chargeable decent damage and some shorter combos, <B> being the stunner and impact for all sorts of combos, the bombs should be the damage racker one. It would be diffrent from bombs in the past, doing 9% damage this time, and taking about 30% the time to pull out (I hate the lag). It does barely any impact (it couldn't even Ko someone at 999% damage most the time0, but it does good stun, and good damage.

Great for long range spamming, and this time WW Link can throw it farther on ground by a good margin over YLink, but just barely further than Y Link in terms of throwing it midair. This is my fav, giving WW Link the most spam attacks in the game, and that gives him so many options of approaching the opponent! Also, combined with WW Link's wavedashing (or wavelanding) (which is decent, about Fox's, if no a tad bit longer) and his shorthopping, he can do a good spam combo, like Falco's shorthop (with or without Wavedashing). Plus, the time to pull out the bombs can be done during wavedashing=options=YES! :)

Option 2: Skull Hammer: Link pulls out the skull hammer and quickly swings. 15 frame lag, and does around 15% damage. It can be done in air like Kirby, but instead Link does a full mid air flip attack, and it does up to around 15% like it does on land, but with 12 frames lag. Good for randomness, and not good to use constantly or a lot=more for mindgames and randomness! ;)

Option 3: Deku Leaf: Link pulls out the Deku Leaf, exactly like Peach's uB (Parasola). You get smacked either by the leaf or WW Link, and can do up to 9% damage, with exellent stun, and only a small amout of impact. Also, it can be floated with exactly like Peach's uB, and randomly boosts up like that too, but not as high. In other words, it doesn't instantly go up as high (Link does a random jump midair, or a hard push off the ground while on the ground), but it doesn't fall as fast.

Good for recovery, but I feel it is kinda unneccissary, since WW Link would already have the spin attack, and his hookshot and/or grapple hook. But hey, it would work, and you never know, but overall I think it would overpower WW Link, and we want the tiers as balanced as possible, so I'll hold back! :)

Sorry it is a bit long, but it is very detailed. Hope it's useful, and any comments on my list of WW Link's B moveset would be appreciated! :) O, and like L Cancel said, Wind Waker Link for Brawl (foos)! :)

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Wow! Amazingly detailed moveset! I think you're right that we don't want WW Link to be over powered (scratch off my iron boots idea). I just thought of a possible replacement to arrows. Instead WW Link could have the deku leaf, but instead of using it to float, he would shoot gusts of air, of varying strengths (they probably would keep the arrows, but it is an idea)! Also, Johnknight1, thanks for the compliment! =] I'm glad I'm not the only person who wavedashes to school. :)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
MY MOVE LIST :)
B: Charge up hurricane spin (Charge lasts about 3-5 seconds)
Up B: Deku leaf (same effect as the first posts idea)
Side B: Boomerrang
Down B: A counter similar to marths but instead link does a flip over enemies head and slashes enemies top of head

Well tell me what you think of that

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I'm really liking the idea of the counter. That was one of my favorite moves in Wind waker! That would be very cool and unique! WW LINK FOR BRAWL!!!!

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yo ty man how bout the hurricane i think brawl should take advantage of the new abilities WW had to offer so hurrican spin is a new spin on the spin... if you know wat i mean haha :)

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I completely agree that they should utilize WW Link's new moves! The hurricane spin would be awesome!! WW Link would/will rock the competition!!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wow! Amazingly detailed moveset! I think you're right that we don't want WW Link to be over powered (scratch off my iron boots idea). I just thought of a possible replacement to arrows. Instead WW Link could have the deku leaf, but instead of using it to float, he would shoot gusts of air, of varying strengths (they probably would keep the arrows, but it is an idea)! Also, Johnknight1, thanks for the compliment! =] I'm glad I'm not the only person who wavedashes to school. :)
When I get bored, I get creative, and apparently I do and can create good movesets, lol! It isn't the iron boots being overpowered, it's stat enhancing attacks haven't existed in Smash yet, and I doubt they will in Brawl so I don't think the iron boots as a option as a attack. As for the deku leaf, I think that the gusts should be a ground attack also, like some special dB pressing thing or something, kinda like how Roy and Marth's s<B> was special, but not really, if you get what I mean. Like you could jump up or do the gust shot.

Wait, i have a idea! How about you hold it down and release dB to charge more damage, stun, and impact (It could gain double the damage=18, a bit more stun, and great impact for comboability, especially in teams by charging for the 3 second max), and quickly press dB to jump. The deku leaf overhead gust attack would have about 20 frame lag (1/3rd a second), and would do 8 damage minimum (18 max for 3 second charge max), good impact (woulld barely KO a opponent at 300%, and would be perfect for combos), and would do a well above average amount of stun (that only increases the longer you charge).

Also like Samus' nB, you can charge it and save it for later to pwn people with! ;) And you can also charge it midair, or hold it X amount of frames (10) to unleash it mid air, even charged like Samus' nB fully charged blast! :) I think that would work, any thoughts=???

Also, who doesn't wavedash to school=??? I don't need a car, since I can wavedash. All I do is look forward, press X or Y lightly (short hop), the controll stick sideways-down, and push L or R occassionally, and there you have it.

The downside is I sometimes press Z and randomly grab people. Like this one time I pressed Z while walking to school, and grabbed a cop, shot my laser and threw him up, and destroyed him with Fox's dair. Then he shot at me, I reflected the blasts, and Abackair him, then dAtitled him for the KO. Then I ran! :laugh:

Also, Alphican good moveset, but i don't think a counter fits for WW Link, but intresting nontheless. IDK, I just don't feel like it fits, but it is a fine and useful move in some situations. Also welcome to the Wind Waker Link for Brawl thread, we could always use more Wind Waker Link support and supporters!

Here, I'll make part of a A moveset:

A: slash downward 3%

AA:sdown slash, rising slash 5% (3%, 2%)

AAA:down slash, rising slash, horizontile (side up) slash 9% (3%, 2%, 4%)

A hold (previously A repeatiately push): same as AAA, but then crazy slashes liuke MK, going in the same order as AAA, but then the opposite side horizontile slash (side down), then the same thing but the other angle of horizontle slashes, then a sideways slash one way, and then another the opposite way, and then repeat.

running A: WW Link does a quick jump slash forward, most oftenly hitting the opponent's head or upper body (the A counter used against the Darknuts in WW). 7% Decent damage, small impact, and well above aveerage stun for rA attacks.

<A> smash: Jump Slash: Link does a jumping slash, and does good damage. It's basically A forward while in lock-on mode in all the 3D zeldas. In fact, it is exactly like that. 16%-24%. Very comboable, does good impact (good for combos, not KOs), and a bit above average stun.

dAtilt: Link does a quick and ever powerful slash down. This does 12% damage, and does good damage, good impact, but only about 5 frames stun max. Good for racking damage, and is sorta like Fox's dAtilt in Melee, though isn't as good for KO'ing opponents.

dAsmash: Same as in Melee, a slash forward and back, but this time with more damaging swings. Each do 15%-23% damage, and does considerably good damage, good impact just enough to move away or to oponents, not really for Koing except in the 200%'s), and little stun.

uAtilt: WW Link swings upward in a sideways upswing, doing small damage, but can be pressed (maybe held like the nA attacks now) for repeatided use. Does 3% damage, but can be repeated as a combo, and has average stun, some impact. After about 15%-20% they can break free (they can also break free before then), but this combo really only works when they are in the 0%-40% percentiles, or 50% for heavier characters. This move requires timing in the first slash, and knowing when to use it, when to stop using it, and how to combo after finishing using it. Perfect for WW Link IMO

uAsmash: This is where I begin to get more crafty! WW Link angles his body up, swings up in the air, 3 times in a stabbing motion, much like the dAair or uAair of Link's and YLink's. This can do anyhwere from 16% if all 3 are hit to 28% (4%-6%, 6%-10%, 6%-12%).

The first hit is the most comboable, and does just enough impact to make the opponent mid air or on ground to rise for the next slash, and stunned enough for the next slash. The 2nd slash is the weakness: it does more damage, does some impact, but barely enough stun to keep the enemy stunned for the final slash. Most the time the final slash will be slashed, and it does good damage, barely any stun outside of the character being hit up hard, and very KOable in terms of impact. If your opponent is at 170% it is basically a guarenteed a KO even with the heaviest of characters, at the lowest charged full uAsmash combo.

nAair: WW Link does a swift stab, doing minimal damage (7%), little impact, and great stun. If you do this while shorthopping you can go combo-crazy into a sAtilt or sAsmash. A perfect air to land combo move, or land to air to land combo as well!

<A>air: WW Link slashes forward hard, doing a frongflip while still slashing. A good damage racker (does 14%), has little lag (5 frames), barely any stun (njk), great impact (very KOable in the 150%'s). Perfect for doing a one hit damage racker, KOing your opponent, or for just hitting your opponent to kill them while they try recoverying via air!

Also, it is great for distancing yourself from your opponent, and allowing you time to spam with your B moves! Can be used in many offensive and defensive ways! Think of it as a useful move in many fields, but keep in mind 5 frames can be the game, and timing is everything with this attack!

dAair: I have two ideas on this! Here they are, ino orders of the one i like most to the one I like least (I liked both ideas, it's just idea #1>idea #2.):

1.Swordplant: WW Link downthrusts his sword, into the ever famous swordplant formation/positioning! (how to kill Ganondorf: Stab him in the F***** head when he;s 10 times your size=this moment is screwattack.com's #1 in their top ten ways to die! XD) WW Link's stab normally does (17%) good damage, great stun, and some impact (especially if you do it 3 times). Here is where it gets intrstesting, in that this move can be comboed again and again, and again.

The 2nd time it does 14% damage (a tad bit above average), more (good) stun, and more (decent) impact, and the 3rd (and most often final), it does 13% damage (average), good stun, and barely any impact. Landing three is hard, and more than not you'll only get one, but you can land three every few matches. Also, continuing the swordplant isn't the only combo for this anymore. You can go and press A to cancel the swordplant fast, and combo/damage your opponent while their stunned.

This has just decent stun, and can be pretty intresting. You can attack and customize this attack in multiple ways and from multiple angles, a lot more so than YLink's or Link's in Melee or SSB64. It has noticeably less lag, and more comboability. Also, the DI control really kicks in. Holding down on the control stick makes you go down faster, and you can add 1%-3% more damage doing so, as well as very KOable impact (in the 140%'s the full down DI is basically a instant KO, though against good smashers you will never hit them this way).

If you click sideways on the control stick or more upwards, you can also cancel this attack, as well as with the A and Z buttons. This move is very useful, but not one to pull out. Also, the end lag (where you're sword is in the ground) is virtually 90% less, and allows you more time to move. Plus the DI and swordplany cancelling kicks in, for more help for WW Link from being a lag machine!

2.WW Link slashes down hard, which does okay damage (8%), GREAT impact (often makes opponents in the 40%'s up hit the ground and bounce back up to you), and good stun. But here is where I get intresting with this. The opponent bounces up to you, and you can use your nAair or <A>air to hurt them. This is the best air to air combo attack, and could be tricky to work (it has 10 frames lag) with the lag, but if you get past that you can get some pretty intresting combos.

uAair: Upplant or Upstab: Wind Waker Link stabs straight upwards with a very damaging stab. It does great damage (17%), below average stun, and only some impact. Great for being used when short hopping and your opponent is on a platform above you, jumped above you, you hit them up (whether they're stunned or not), or they simply jumped or are above you. Has only 6 frames pre-attack lag, and 2 frames post-attack lag.

If done correctly with shorthopping you could get three hits in, though unlikely. Good for individual damage, and some combos. A very all-around move to say the least that is good in air vs. ground (you) type of situations, whether it is done offensively or defnesively! Great for basically anything, though it should only be pulled out maybe 6 to 10 times per match preferably, but you never know what type of situation you'll be in, so it is kinda hard to judge how and when to use this attack IMO to be honest!

grabs:

Grabbing opponent: Hookshot: Wind Waker Link shoots out his hookshot, and grabs opponent. If missed there are 6 frames of vulnerability, and 2 frames of pre-attack lag. If grab is successful, there are anyhwere from 2-10 frames of lag to pull them in. Know your distancing from them in this in FFA's or teams (epsecially teams), because you don't want to be vulnerable to other opponents.

Basic grab hits: Link holds his enemy with his hookshot, while he slashes up to down horizontily, down to up horizontily, and then the opposite of on each sides. 2% and 3%. (15-20 frames lag inbetween each hit)

Up throw: Wind Waker Link grabbing them with his hookshot pulls them in, aims them up, and stabs them. Does massive damage for a grab throw (10%), does well below average impact (just enough to escape), and barely any stun (3 frames=just enough to escape). More of a one hit move than comboable, but does good damage for racking up damage on enemies in the 50%-90% percentile ranges. (4 frames post-attack lag)

Down Throw: Wind Waker Link kciks them into the floor. Does well below average damage (5%), GREAT impact, decent stun, and best of all makes your opponent slam into the ground, and then slide off 6 or so feet. Intesting and origianal, and if you're quick you can use your dAair on them, and maybe pull off a combo if timed right, but that is something only the better players cna pull off, unless you're lucky! ;) (3 frames post-attack lag)

Side Forward Throw: Wind Waker Link lets go of his opponent with his hookshot, and barely pushes them forward (doing no damage). Then he quickly slashes, and they get hit and fly back. Does above average damage (7%), does good impact for most grabs, and has little stun. It is more of a spacing, defensive, and spam attack preperation grab then anything else. More of a setup then a way to rack damage or combo your enemies! More of a situation grab than a use regulary grab, you gotta know/feel when to use this one! ;)

Side Back Throw: This one is intresting, I have a good idea. Wind Waker Link kicks them back (0% damage) while holding them, and he does a backfilp, and as he releases them, he slashes forward and hits them good. Does average damage (7%), barely any impact (other than they hit the ground and bounce back up), and exellent stun. The perfect grab throw for conbos and insane customibility, for sure.

Sdie Up Throw: Wind Waker Link throws his opponent up in a sideways angle, and throws his boomerang at them. Does below average damage (5%), barely any impact (you won't even see it), and GREAT stun (though they are often too high up to combo). If you know how to work this, you can enter spam mode, then combo off that, and do good damage. A move that isn't useful unless you know how to be creative, unorthodox, and highly original! :)

Z air: Link pulls out the grapple hook, and swings and smacks his opponent with it. Has lag (8 frames pre-attack, 4 frames post-attack), does very good damage (12%), does great stun, and does just barely any impact. Requires good timing, and if done short hoping or just above ground it's super comboable. However, in high air combat it isn't really comboable. But in air to land situations this move is perfect if you can time and deal with the lag. Something to work with, and get crazy and unorthodox with.

Also, like the Hookshot in Melee, the grapple hook can grab onto platforms and stages, but with less lag (8 frames to pull yourself in). It also has about 20% more range than Link's hookshot, a lot less lag, and just better all around. Great as a optional jump! :)

Here is my previously posted B moveset for Wind Waker Link. With these two combined I have a complete moveset for Wind Waker Link, hope you enjoyed! :)

nB: Bow: Since I think Link's will be upgraded, WW Link should keep the old one. It should be the fire arrow still, and it should be able have less lag to pull out, for super spamming.

<B>: Boomerang: With Link getting the Gale Boomerang, and it probably is more of a damage racker than stun or impact move, I say WW Link's boomerang should be a good stunner, doing 20% less damage than Link's boomerang. It's stun is perfect for combos, and doing a full on spam charage against your enemy (simliar to Falco's laser, little damage, good impact for high comboability).

uB: Spin Attack: Spin Attack, Spin Attack, Spin Attack. We love the spin attack, it is a good move (though many overuse it, Link's is great for defensive positioning). It should stay similar to YLink's, being a damage racker, but it should do more damage, and at the end it does a good impact hit, with good stun. With that siad, it wouldn't be a KOable move, unless you get your opponent way up in the 700 percentile area! :grin: It can rack up to 17% or 18% damage.

Also, it would be neat is you could hold uB, you do the hurrican spin, with a insane amount of damage racking ability, but little impact and great stun to combo the hell out of your opponents. However, it takes 3 seconds to charge, and it can do up to 40% damage. The final spin slice does good impact and extremely godo stun, hitting your opponent far. However, if you miss the final slash, you'll be vulnerable (dizzy) for 3 seconds. You're vulnerable for 3 seconds even if you hit the final slash on the super spin attack, but the impact is good enough to keep your opponent trying to recover for over 3 seconds.

It is KOable on the light characters around 150%, and for the heaviest of characters around 190%. Hard to work, and it doesn't stop, unless you press B again. It's max time is 6 seconds (it goes insanley fast like MK's nA continual), and for 2 every second you do it, when you press B you're vulnerable (dizzy) for 1 second (2 frames=1 frame vulerable). If your opponent does any non-smash or strong/long range special attack on you and your sword hits it, you run through them.

Also, if your oppnent does a long range attack and hits your blade, you stop doing the spin attack 5 spins (1 spin=2%, and you do 4 spins per second), and then contiunes unless cancelled (in which you won't be vulnerable! ;). If your opponent does a smash attack or strong melee B attack, then WW Link does 3 less slashes, and you are vulnerable (though you can press Z to cancel). you can control which way you go doing this attack, and can jump (it's like a short hop) while doing this (you'll continue swinging), and it is controlled with the controll stick. Really in depth, lol! :chuckle:

dB: The way I see it, it will go 3 was. I list them in order from ones I like the most, to the least.

Option 1: Bombs: The bombs returning would make WW Link the ultimate spam artillary character! With nB as the fast and chargeable decent damage and some shorter combos, <B> being the stunner and impact for all sorts of combos, the bombs should be the damage racker one. It would be diffrent from bombs in the past, doing 9% damage this time, and taking about 30% the time to pull out (I hate the lag). It does barely any impact (it couldn't even Ko someone at 999% damage most the time0, but it does good stun, and good damage.

Great for long range spamming, and this time WW Link can throw it farther on ground by a good margin over YLink, but just barely further than Y Link in terms of throwing it midair. This is my fav, giving WW Link the most spam attacks in the game, and that gives him so many options of approaching the opponent! Also, combined with WW Link's wavedashing (or wavelanding) (which is decent, about Fox's, if no a tad bit longer) and his shorthopping, he can do a good spam combo, like Falco's shorthop (with or without Wavedashing). Plus, the time to pull out the bombs can be done during wavedashing=options=YES! :)

Option 2: Skull Hammer: Link pulls out the skull hammer and quickly swings. 15 frame lag, and does around 15% damage. It can be done in air like Kirby, but instead Link does a full mid air flip attack, and it does up to around 15% like it does on land, but with 12 frames lag. Good for randomness, and not good to use constantly or a lot=more for mindgames and randomness! ;)

Option 3: Deku Leaf: Link pulls out the Deku Leaf, exactly like Peach's uB (Parasola). You get smacked either by the leaf or WW Link, and can do up to 9% damage, with exellent stun, and only a small amout of impact. Also, it can be floated with exactly like Peach's uB, and randomly boosts up like that too, but not as high. In other words, it doesn't instantly go up as high (Link does a random jump midair, or a hard push off the ground while on the ground), but it doesn't fall as fast.

Good for recovery, but I feel it is kinda unneccissary, since WW Link would already have the spin attack, and his hookshot and/or grapple hook. But hey, it would work, and you never know, but overall I think it would overpower WW Link, and we want the tiers as balanced as possible, so I'll hold back! :)

Well, I was going to create like 5 moves for WW Link, but I made a entire moveset! :laugh: Add my moveset above a few posts, and that's my idea! Hope you enjoy, and any thoughts or comments are well appreciated! :)

-Johnknight1!

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Wow. Sweet moveset. If Wind Waker Link has moves like this, he'll definitely be my main. Interesting wavedashing story by the way. :chuckle:

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Huh. Productive message, kirby...
For the past 20 pages people have been describing how WW Link wouldn't be a clone- and, indeed, he wouldn't be.
"besides, wind waker was stupid!"
Erk. Anyway... no comment. 'sides, this is a thread about what MOVES WW would have, not whether he should be in or not. Even if you don't think he should be in, thinking about his moveset shouldn't be an "omg I hatez link" provoking thing.

Here are my B move ideas, which I personally think would make Link fairly unique. He'd be very mobile, and his strongest point would be many options for recovery as well as edge guarding.

B^, Hurricane Spin: Chargeable. When uncharged, just a quick one-swing-around movest, which is good for clearing enemies away but not much else. Fully charged after two seconds (and on the ground), goes into the super hurricane spin with not much control and takes time to change direction. Repeatedly hits enemies, and is great for damaging enemies for a large amount if you can maneuver it properly to keep them in the hit box, and also damages shields quite a bit. After it finishes, it takes a second for Link to recover. In the air, an uncharged swing goes perpendicular to the screen (like kirby's hammer), and fully charged it helicopters directly upward for a very long range, but there is no control of it horizontally.

B>, Deku leaf: On the ground, he raises it and swings. If someone is directly hit by the leaf, they are hit to the ground and stunned (can spike if on the edge). If an enemy is standing in front of the swing, they are blown horizontally for no damage. Great for edge guarding, obviously. Also, in the air he holds it up and glides sideways. However, it cannot do any damage. Link can cancel it and continue it as he pleases, and can follow it with attacks and the B^ recovery if he glides directly below a grab point.

B neutral, Counter strike: If performed when someone is attacking nearby Link, he will do a dodge and counter attack. His exact attack changes depending on the enemy's positioning in regards to himself. If they are both on the ground, Link rolls to the other side of the enemy and does the backslice (like a sword uppercut). If the enemy is above, Link dodges and then jump-slices upwards. Below, dodge and then helmet splitter (which is a spike). If Link is in the air at about the same height, he dodges then shoots horizontally with his sword out. Pressing B when nobody is attacking results in him going "awaahhhh" and slipping, and in the air it just makes it so he can't attack until he lands. Useful for recovery if someone is trying to prevent you from coming back with normal attacks.

B neutral alternative, grappling hook: Holding down B causes link to swing the hook in a circle like he did in the games. This will knock around anyone too close for low damage and knockback. Also, Link can walk left and right with the control stick. Then, when you release B, the hook will arc in the direction that was indicated with the control stick, as long as the direction was somewhere between directly up and straight ahead. If the stick is neutral or out of that range, then the hook will just be tossed forward.
Also, if the hook hits someone carrying an item, Link steals it with the hook.
... Also, this would be how Link could hook to the stage for recovery, like the hookshot is in melee.

B neutral OTHER alternative move, Fairy Bow: Yeah, three B neutral moves just to be safe. With this bow, which is very different from the Melee bow, would be controlled similarly to the grappling hook. Hold down B, you can walk as he is aiming the bow (but he can't turn around). Letting go will shoot the bow at the angle indicated, as long as that angle is in front of Link to a certain degree. Otherwise, he'd just shoot at the last acceptable angle indicated, default being in front. Another quirk of this bow would be that pushing R while holding down B changes the type of arrow being used, from normal to fire to ice.
Normal: The fastest of the arrows, has minimal charge and recovery time. Does the least damage, however.
Fire: Does more damage, lights enemy on fire, and has the ability to go through enemies so it can hit multiple things in its path.
Ice: Does same damage as the fire arrow, has a chance of freezing the target very briefly, and does small damage to things surrounding the impact area as well.

B down, skull hammer: If you just push B down while on the ground, he slams it into the ground. Slowish move, but does a lot of damage on a direct hit as well as slamming them downward. Enemies that are standing nearby suffer small damage as well as being knocked slightly upward, like a weaker DK down B. However, if you push down B but quickly slide the control stick another direction, he will take out the hammer and swing it different instead. Sideways, he does his baseball swing which does same damage as a direct downward swing, but instead sends the enemy flying if hit directly by the hammer head. Also, destroys all projectiles if they are hit.

Eh?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
ARe those B moves alternate possibilites, or we get all of them=-??? and make it to where the huirrican spin works like mine, to where it's the spin attack, but if charged for 5 secs it can be the hurricane spin. If all those nB are the same attacks, then no, but as possibilites, YES! Good movset.

o, and Lord Kirby Wind Waker was epic. It is a classic, and will go down as a gaming legends 20 years from now, along with most the Zelda titles. It isn't my fav in the series, but it is truely amazing, a classic for all ages! :) I suggest you look at my moveset, WW Link could be a luigified clone to a original character by my moveset.

Also, I sugget you look up all 13 zelda games, and look at the gameplay (Phantom Hourglass ,the Wind Waker sequal if you want to). Compare the way they slash, WW Link sticks out a lot (minus Four Swords link since there are multiple of them, that doesn't count. Look at one of them=same as OOT Link=same as every non-WW or PH Link) WW Link is perfect, he's a whole diffrent character, in a whole diffrent time period. Same name, same clothes/some same moves, diffrent characters! ;)

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
he could always have that leaf thing that makes him fly like a parashoot.And not have all the moves of Link and have detailed look

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Johnknight: Yeah, I intended those as just different possibilities. A five second charge time, though? That's a lot longer than it was in the game, and in a faster game such as SSB... well, I think that it'd never be used because it'd be plenty of time to just stay away. Also... just ignore Lord Kirby and maybe it'll go away.

MFZ95: Yeah, that leaf is the Deku leaf, which is incorporated into a lot of people's movesets.
... though I still like the idea of it being able to blow enemies away when you're on the ground as well.

Led

Smash Rookie
i liked the move set ideas but being the only character with a cartoony look wouldnt fit the game. Don't get me wrong i love WW its just if they have an adult link they shouldnt have a ww or young one.

Fawriel

Smash Master
And WW Link has lots of significance. The series has kind of split into two parts... the serious part and the childlike part. The WW style has stayed strong through many titles like Four Swords and Minish Cap, and THE WW Link will gained a sequel, which isn't likely for the TP one to happen.

Not to mention that, throughout most of the series, Link has been a young boy as opposed to a grown-up man, and the child is the one Miyamoto had in mind when designing his green-clad hero.
So, a grown-up Link is fine and dandy.
But the childlike green hero is at least as important as him, if not more.

Also, who says he's the only cell-shaded one? Check out Pikachu. Looks cell-shaded to me. :p

Pieman0920

Smash Master
La di da~

Neutral B: WW Link takes out the Wind Waker, and causes a small tornado to form on the field, which slowly advances forward, and damages opponents, while knocking them up in a updraft. Also, when this moved is preformed, it causes the wind to shift in whatever direction Link preformed it in. This is important later.

Forward B: WW Link rolls forwards and with the Minish Cap, shrinks. He then un-shrinks, and makes a sword uppercut. The shrunken state lets him bypass many attacks, and helps he gain range to strike the opponent, but if the opponent counters with a attack that does hit, Link takes double the damage he would normally receive, and is automatically resized.

Up B: This is where the wind comes into play. Much like the TC said, this is the deku leaf, but with a spin to it. On the ground, it mimics the TC’s method, by sending a gust of wind. The wind does damage the opponent, but it spins them around like Mewtwo’s forward B. In air though it is Links recovery. If the Wind Waker was never used, the leaf will float forward with a good horizontal range. If the WW was used though, the winds alter how the leaf floats. The leaf will get a updraft if it floats with the wind, and will be slowed down if floating against the wind.

Down B: Link takes out the Skull Hammer, winds it back, and then pounds the enemy with it. If the hit is dead on, it will trap them in the ground like DK’s headbutt.

Final Smash: WW Link will enter into a combo, which if it hits, will essentially be a extended version of his finishing move against Ganondorf in WW. (You know, rolling slashes from multiple sides, followed by a dropping sword stab to the head.) The move doesn’t do as much damage as it would look, but for a short time, it locks the opponent in stone, giving extra opportunity for damage.

Stone.Tower

Smash Cadet
And WW Link has lots of significance. The series has kind of split into two parts... the serious part and the childlike part. The WW style has stayed strong through many titles like Four Swords and Minish Cap, and THE WW Link will gained a sequel, which isn't likely for the TP one to happen.

Not to mention that, throughout most of the series, Link has been a young boy as opposed to a grown-up man, and the child is the one Miyamoto had in mind when designing his green-clad hero.
So, a grown-up Link is fine and dandy.
But the childlike green hero is at least as important as him, if not more.

Also, who says he's the only cell-shaded one? Check out Pikachu. Looks cell-shaded to me. :p
Exactly, but what really stumps me is how so many people are against Young Link being is SSBB. Young Link, like you said, has been in every Legend of Zelda game but Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. He was in Ocarina of Time, but not for the majority of the game.

Also, I think that is Young Link makes it in [which he really should], he should be Wind Waker style. Why? Simply because Wind Waker Link has been in about four games now, five counting the LTTP that's on the FS disc.. He has been in Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Four Swords [and the Link to the Past that's on the same game disc] and the Minish Cap. His design has appeared in recent games, even one that will be released exactly two months and two days before Brawl.

As stated above, I think if any version of Young Link should appear in Brawl, it's Wind Waker Link. And there's plenty of opportunity to give him an all new moveset, most likely based off of Wind Waker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom