• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will your Girlfriend play Brawl with you?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
[insert lame image here]
Proof that NE Ohio > the rest of Ohio. ;)

My girlfriend is very excited about Brawl. I got her into gaming with World of Warcraft, then I bought her a DS, Brain Age, and some other games. Then I let her try my Nintendo Wii.

This is probably one of the best times to get your girlfriend into gaming. WoW and the Nintendo DS will hook most people, male or female.
Too true. My best friend--coincidentally a girl--played WarioWare: Touched! and absolutely loved it. Same thing with WarioWare: Smooth Moves and Wii Sports, but with the Wii instead. She's always enjoyed games, but these really piqued her interests as far as current-gen systems go.

rove

Smash Apprentice
Eh, no girlfriend for me atm.
But hey, its not that bad not having one.
But it would be nice to have one atleast play a 15 minute game with me.
Thats basically all the time i spend time on games.
I try not to let my geekyness get reborn again....bad times:(
Glad thats over.
But the 3 games I will spend more then maybe an hour at the most would be halo, SSB and guitar hero:chuckle:

Zoro

Smash Champion
Casual gamers bore me

My girlfriend already plays brawl

Shes a competetive smasher who does doubles with me in tournaments for melee. She's also one of the best peaches in florida. I'd say top 4, she's one of the most technical peaches ive ever played. The female xif. We are going to be teaming for brawl as well

After one day of playing:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6iQkNEHFB6Q (bad quality)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhwILxCqXCU

GenocideMachine

Smash Cadet
My girlfriend - like all females I've ever dated or encountered in the real world - sucks at games. I know, it's sad to imagine that such a stereotype could be reinforced at every turn. She's decent at RPG's and what-not (my favorite genre) but those don't require fast reflexes. She's flat out terrible at melee, but she's usually a good sport.

schlepboogie

Smash Apprentice
haha dont lie, you all are "happily single" because you cant get any *****. hahahaha dip****s

unless its one of those creepy fat *****es that are into anime and ****. but even that is a stretch for most of the morons here.

volbound1700

Smash Master
My problem is I am sort of a casual gamer as well. My wii is over 200 miles away from me right now and I won't be able to get to it and where I am having Brawl Shipped until March 15th. However, I love getting on these MSG boards when I am bored and I think Brawl is going to be best game ever. I told my gf about it once and she likes Mario Kart so she sounded interested since Mario was in it.

Timat the Slayer

Smash Journeyman
Well my g/f is a casual gamer, nothing really hardcore or complicated though. I plan on teaching her how to play Brawl though, one step at a time, and eventually.. ::raises fist:: I will create the ultimate fighting machine.

...I can dream, right? =(

schlepboogie

Smash Apprentice
i smell..... B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T. And to the guy above me, the problem isnt that your wii isnt there. its the fact that your girlfriend only exists when you are playing super mario brothers, or getting a sensual rubdown from rosey palms and her twin sister Handgela. .

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
My GF plays Brawl/MarioKart/random other stuff with me when we have nothing better to do.

She has a Wii, and I bought her Pokemon Snap -- She played that to the limit in a day.

Al's seen my GF at smash tournaments, as have a few others.

Subtle

Smash Cadet
My girlfriend is nearly excited about the game as I am. She plans on maining Pikmin and Olimar, and has been doodling herself in a olimar style helmet recently.

Nicolette

Smash Apprentice
It's a shame more of us girlies don't play smash, or at least don't admit to it.

Seems to be a rarity that the girlfriends get their boyfriends into smash but mine seems quite intreagued about brawl :laugh: though when he first played SSBM with me he's was always like "What the hello is happening?!"

Bless :laugh:

khaijiao

Smash Rookie
Howcome girls only play peach? Just because I hate how girls only play peach I find myself attacking peach first if anyone plays her now. But for the most part girls only play Final Fantasy games and Kingdom Hearts. Don't deny it.

Myztek

Smash Ace
My girlfriend doesn't like Smash. Although she did take the time to learn all of the basics of Melee.. I won't ask her to play Brawl. She'll play if she wants to. Plus, I don't even like Brawl all that much anyway.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
What's with all of the thread topics of this nature all the time? If you have a woman, go be with her instead of hanging around a bunch of losers spending too much time on a video game forum.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Casual gamers bore me

My girlfriend already plays brawl

Shes a competetive smasher who does doubles with me in tournaments for melee. She's also one of the best peaches in florida. I'd say top 4, she's one of the most technical peaches ive ever played. The female xif. We are going to be teaming for brawl as well

After one day of playing:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6iQkNEHFB6Q (bad quality)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhwILxCqXCU
Casual gamers bore you? from what I saw you seem to be a casual gamer yourself. I do envy you for having a girlfriend that is actually good at smash, why can't the all be like that? and I do hope to play you in a tournament some day since I do too live in florida, I'll be the one using yoshi (trust me there won't be many more of those out there)

confuzzledmog

Smash Rookie
My boyfriend and I can't wait, we're going to be play non-stop all weekend. We're also entering in one of the GameStop tournaments together, but he (semi-jokingly) said I should enter at another GameStop so he has a chance of winning..-_- But yeah, we get pretty competitive. It'll be nice being able to cooperate in the Subspace Emissary so for once we don't end up having a real fight afterwards. XD

Oni Meteorix

Smash Rookie
My girlfriend is super cool. She plays Melee with us, but she's not all that good yet. We're going to do the SSE together because I think it'll be easy enough for her to handle, and also get her better for multiplay.

I think the coolest thing about her is that she understands my obsession with Brawl and that I've known this game longer than I've known her. I just make sure to tell her that if she asked me to give up Smash, I would... it's not true though lol

MrSplitter

Smash Rookie
My wife will indeed be playing SSBB with me... However we may have to wait until our son takes a nap or he could just play with us although it's hard to play with him because he's only 15 months old and he likes to swap controllers constantly:laugh:

On a side note my wife and son both use the C-stick for smash attacks...

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
Depends on the girl. I'm happily single right now, and I doubt I would be happily dating unless the girl had at least some interest in video games. Not like a hardcore gamer, but at least enjoys them from time to time.
same boat. my friends gf and bros gf play though. and I know a few girls that would... maybe I'll have them over to play and we'll get to know each other better *wink* loljk I don't want a gf right now...

ConeZone

Smash Ace
if you play brawl, you have no girlfriends or wifes...and if you can get them to actually want to play with you, then congrats, but i have yet to meet a girl who actually enjoys watching or playing brawl. that won't ever stop me from playing brawl though..

Pretty In Pink

Smash Cadet
Well, I'm a girl and I love Brawl and I'm maining Peach. ^.^

But I guess that's how you turn out when you're the only girl in a family with 3 brothers. :p

P.S: I'm better than all of them. XD

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
Yes. My wife is not that great, but she'll learn the ways of the Brawl... now that you mention it... *looks at Buzz and sugar* somebody will be sleeping on the couch when Brawl is released.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
i hang out with a lot of people, guys and girls. most of the girls im friends with play games, but usually stuff from back in the day (nes, snes, n64 <vc>).

Zoro

Smash Champion
Casual gamers bore you? from what I saw you seem to be a casual gamer yourself. I do envy you for having a girlfriend that is actually good at smash, why can't the all be like that? and I do hope to play you in a tournament some day since I do too live in florida, I'll be the one using yoshi (trust me there won't be many more of those out there)
lol how do you assume i am a casual gamer?

Ive been going to every melee tournaments i can possibly go to over the last 3 years.
I go to tournaments with people like colbol, qdvs, keepspeedn , shiz, and phanna all the time. How does that make me a casual gamer?

btw gindler your awesome
If i face your yoshi im pretty sure id suffer a humiliating defeat

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
No. My girlfriend won't play with me because of how much I've played melee and because of how much she knows how much I'll train in brawl to become as good as possible... She just wouldn't have fun getting smacked around.

Top Bottom