• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will your Girlfriend play Brawl with you?

SaviorLink1985

Smash Cadet
Its a very common misconception that girls have a low tolerance for gaming in general. Thats not necessarily the case. I believe it depends on how its presented to them by their boyfriends. My wife loves playing games with me including SSBM and she'll be in line with me for Brawl march 9th. I just wanted to know how many other Brawlers have cool *** mates like I do. ^^

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Depends on the girl. I'm happily single right now, and I doubt I would be happily dating unless the girl had at least some interest in video games. Not like a hardcore gamer, but at least enjoys them from time to time.

SaviorLink1985

Smash Cadet
Depends on the girl. I'm happily single right now, and I doubt I would be happily dating unless the girl had at least some interest in video games. Not like a hardcore gamer, but at least enjoys them from time to time.
Yeah, my wife isnt a "hardcore" gamer but I will give her this. She'll play any game I have and at least give it a chance before judgment. She usually ends up liking it and playing it lots. I really want to have her as good as I am in SSB so we can have good matches. How cool would that be?!

xxhyosukexx

Smash Apprentice
the chick im seeing will more than likely try it just because it brings me so much joy.no telling if she'll actually enjoy it or not.

Coselm

Smash Ace
She will play as long as she doesn't have to play against me. She hates losing and she is unskilled. Not a good combo. Probably be nice to have around for co-op. I guess she could give me a BJ while I play online or something.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
What is this "girlfriend" you speak of? Where can I download it?

In all seriousness, I don't have a girlfriend, and my female friends don't really like Smash. Quite unfortunate. =/

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I don't have a girlfriend. The girls I hang out with will likely play this game with us once, then they'll just watch when we play it again.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
I'll make the B**ch play...... Jeez, the amt of chick flicks i've seen.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface

In all seriousness, I don't have a girlfriend, and my female friends don't really like Smash. Quite unfortunate. =/
Search any Torrent websie.... Duhhhhhh

Bobhuffman

Smash Cadet
Yeah I know a few girls that play video games and they are more crazed than the guys at my school. However, I'm happy single atm

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Pft.
If my girlfriend is not in my bed, or is not doing something in the kitchen, she better not be touching my Wii.
-Is single-
v.v *sigh*
-DD

Sliq

Smash Master
My girlfriend won't even exist, let alone play Brawl. I'm like, *****, try being tangible. And she's like, "What's with you and me needing to exist. Can't you love me for who I am?"

Then my therapist writes something in his notepad and gives me special candy.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman

You win. Epically.

My girlfriend falls under 'intolerant' stereotype when it comes to games. I made her play melee with me once ... she got frustrated that jump was up, x, or y and not A, and then walked away. I was sad. I wish she were as good at games as she is at piano... >.>

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
My girlfriend has gotten into Melee recently and has been looking forward to Brawl ever since, even more so now that she sees Toon Link is playable (she "mains" Y.Link in Melee).

She even fights 1v1 with me, though I have set my Handicap to 5 so she can get a kill or 2 in. It keeps it fun between the two of us without me completely creaming her. But the point is she likes the SSB games and will be playing Brawl on day one. :)

EDIT: 100 post :teeth:

tutter

Smash Apprentice
My girlfriend has grown to love smash over the past year I have been with her, she can spam falco punch with captain falcon rather effectively..... well maybe not. She even offered to PAY for my brawl, but the condition was i had to go camping with her and a bunch of our friends the weekend of the 8th. :[ I currently stand as not going but I'm not sure what to do !!! But yes she does smash with me quite often ; P

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Silly OP, everyone knows that Smashers never have girlfriends. :)

Also, female Smashers don't exist. Ever.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
My girlfriend practically challenges me to video games.She's not a hardcore gamer,but she sure as hell not a pushover.Adventure and fighting games are her thing.I'll be taking her as my apprentice in Brawl.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Are you kidding? My girl and I will be playing Brawl throughout the entirety of March break. Neither of us are competitive by any means, but it will still be a blast. It helps that we're both Pokemon nuts and want to play on a team as PT (my girl) and Lucario (me).

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
Well, I have a reason.

She calls Fire Emblem... "the game with the guys on horses." She's also commented on why I like Smash Bros so much...

"All you do is pick a creature, stand on a platform and knock each other off. That's dumb."

So that's a no. =D

SaviorLink1985

Smash Cadet
She will play as long as she doesn't have to play against me. She hates losing and she is unskilled. Not a good combo. Probably be nice to have around for co-op. I guess she could give me a BJ while I play online or something.
Wow... Im assuming she wont be reading that one...

Ghettoman

Smash Apprentice
Well, I have a reason.

She calls Fire Emblem... "the game with the guys on horses." She's also commented on why I like Smash Bros so much...

"All you do is pick a creature, stand on a platform and knock each other off. That's dumb."

So that's a no. =D
yeah, don't you hate that. And all a chick flick is a movie where people fall in love, there is a slight complication, then live together forever. Thats dumb.

thetoastinator

Smash Apprentice
Well, I have a girl FRIEND (I stretch this term strongly) who like video games. We sometimes smash together.

Eaode

Smash Champion
My girlfriend won't even exist, let alone play Brawl. I'm like, *****, try being tangible. And she's like, "What's with you and me needing to exist. Can't you love me for who I am?"

:laugh:

10char

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
Mildly off-topic: I'm a girl. All my closest friends are male. We're all equally excited about Brawl. My female gamer-friends, I'm actually not sure about, since they're never around to talk anymore.

Oddly I've never had a boyfriend. Incidentally, if I ever do, he'll probably end up playing games I don't like.

Anyway, the reason I'd never be in tourneys, besides my lack of desire to play from a technical standpoint, is that I'd be surrounded by guys all day, and I'm not sure I could take that.

Tajem

Smash Apprentice
Actually, my girlfriend is probably more excited about Brawl than I am. She's a gamer. A rare breed of female.

We live together, so we're probably going to stay up all night playing on the 9th. Playing Brawl...yeah. :)

SaviorLink1985

Smash Cadet

Thats the best one I've heard so far lol!!

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
See, I think this is one of the (many) times that being gay totally pays off. I mean, my boyfriend is just as hardcore as me (if not more) and can royally kick my *** in Smash Bros. as well as many other games. He's smokes me 100% of the time in FPSs, lol.

But yeah, I know a few girls that play Smash (and rather well, might I add) but generally any girlfriends I had before I came out were stereotypically against games at large. They didn't wanna hear about them let alone play them - so I kind of feel bad for those of you who can't share one of the most rewarding feelings with the one you love. Lol. But I'm sure your girlfriends are good for other things, ;)

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Actually, my girlfriend is probably more excited about Brawl than I am. She's a gamer. A rare breed of female.

We live together, so we're probably going to stay up all night playing on the 9th. Playing Brawl...yeah. :)
Either that, or you're going to have a 1 v 1 in the bedroom, with items on!

Please, use some ATs. Like pregnancy cancelling.

SaviorLink1985

Smash Cadet
You win. Epically.

My girlfriend falls under 'intolerant' stereotype when it comes to games. I made her play melee with me once ... she got frustrated that jump was up, x, or y and not A, and then walked away. I was sad. I wish she were as good at games as she is at piano... >.>
Well if she can learn to play the piano she can learn to play SSB. Piano is a pain in the ***. I gave up on it long ago. Seriously, play the different modes with her. Maybe she'll enjoy a nice round of giant Melee?

Tajem

Smash Apprentice
Either that, or you're going to have a 1 v 1 in the bedroom, with items on!

Please, use some ATs. Like pregnancy cancelling.
I've already mastered the IASA frames on thrusting and...

I need to stop. She's reading this. D:

Ichida

Smash Ace
My girlfriend Madi and I are equal in Smash skill, and we're going to form an epic tag team in Brawl. <33333

SaviorLink1985

Smash Cadet
My girlfriend has gotten into Melee recently and has been looking forward to Brawl ever since, even more so now that she sees Toon Link is playable (she "mains" Y.Link in Melee).

She even fights 1v1 with me, though I have set my Handicap to 5 so she can get a kill or 2 in. It keeps it fun between the two of us without me completely creaming her. But the point is she likes the SSB games and will be playing Brawl on day one. :)

EDIT: 100 post :teeth:

Nice. Glad to here it. Maybe tournaments will implement couples matches?

TheLetterJ

Smash Cadet
My girlfriend got me the wii to play brawl. :) She said that if i dont let her play i dont get to "play" with her :p

Top Bottom