• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you press the button?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Basically give a good gaming related criteria, doesn't have to be Smash, but also add a negative consequence, and the next poster gives a yes or no answer, along with reasoning if they desire, and give another criteria with a positive and negative consequence, for example:

"Waluigi gets in, but Ridley is cut"

"No, Waluigi is a stinky poopoo peepee head

Your most wanted gets in, but your previous most wanted who got in gets cut"

So on. I'll start:

Crash Bandicoot gets in, but Banjo is cut.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
No. As good as Crash would be, Banjo needs this way more than he does.

The Fire Emblem characters in Smash are all cut, but are replaced with the Fire Emblem characters playable in Dragalia Lost (so Roy, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Corrin & Byleth are replaced with Alfonse, Fjorm, Veronica, Sharena, Peony, & (Young) Tiki. Marth and Chrom stay.)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yes. While it'd still be overrepped, at least there'd be less swords.

every clone will be decloned into a fully independent character - EXCEPT Ganondorf.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
If it takes away from the amount of newcomers that get in like how Everyone is Here did, no. Otherwise, yes.

Your all-time most wanted is somewhere in FP2, but so is your all-time least wanted.

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Yes. The lack of music is lamentable for sure, but I wouldn't pass up such a cool character

Your most wanted gets in, but they have a mechanic where they randomly take 40% damage per stock

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Depends on how common it is, if every single stock then no, but if it's every now and then yes.

The Pikmin vocal songs come back, but on the second loop they turn into voice crack meme covers for the rest of the match.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
No.

We get 10 fighters for Vol. 2 instead of 6, but Byleth and Min Min switch passes.
Yes. They were both huge disappointments for me, so I don’t care. 4 more fighters means 4 more chances for us to get what would be (in my eyes, at least), a good DLC pick that isn’t Banjo.

The rest of FP2 is all your least wanteds, but every fighter pick in the next game is someone you want (if you run out of most wanteds, it’s other characters you really like)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yes. There is literally no downside to this.

There is a Sony rep, but they only get in because the Switch is Nintendo's last console and their first game for a former competitor's console is a PS-exclusive port of Ultimate with extra content.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Yes. There is literally no downside to this.

There is a Sony rep, but they only get in because the Switch is Nintendo's last console and their first game for a former competitor's console is a PS-exclusive port of Ultimate with extra content.
Mmmm, maybe just a tap so I can see what it'll look like as a vision.

Ultimate's rereleased and has all the DLC, Coin Battles, Brawl-style target test, and trailers to view in Movies at your leisure. But the starting roster is all of Smash 64's roster and Ultimate's base game non-Echo newcomers (and Piranha Plant), meaning you have to unlock every other character.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Mmmm, maybe just a tap so I can see what it'll look like as a vision.

Ultimate's rereleased and has all the DLC, Coin Battles, Brawl-style target test, and trailers to view in Movies at your leisure. But the starting roster is all of Smash 64's roster and Ultimate's base game non-Echo newcomers (and Piranha Plant), meaning you have to unlock every other character.
are there new fighters for said rerelease? If so, yes. If not, reluctant yes.

all Pokemon are brought back to the mainline games for good, but Smash’s roster next game is less than half as large as Ultimate, including newcomers.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yes. Low tiers are the most fun to watch IMO.

Your most wanted gets in FP2, but the rest of FP2 are all from the same genre (for example: if your most wanted is Waluigi, all other newcomers are from sports games)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Yes. Low tiers are the most fun to watch IMO.

Your most wanted gets in FP2, but the rest of FP2 are all from the same genre (for example: if your most wanted is Waluigi, all other newcomers are from sports games)
YES. SCREW THE RULES. Sora's my most wanted, so I don't mind more JRPG characters at all.

Waluigi gets in, but characters like Crash are Assist Trophies in his place.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Yes. I need 1 victory in Ultimate that wasn't a complete shoe-in, and I'll sacrifice other characters (even my other most wanteds) to do it. Sorry, Crash fans.

Your least wanted gets in, but you become the best player in the world when playing as said least wanted. (only as them. If you switch to someone else, you lose it until you go back to them)

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Yes. I need 1 victory in Ultimate that wasn't a complete shoe-in, and I'll sacrifice other characters (even my other most wanteds) to do it. Sorry, Crash fans.

Your least wanted gets in, but you become the best player in the world when playing as said least wanted. (only as them. If you switch to someone else, you lose it until you go back to them)
Eh, no.

Bandana Dee gets in, but we get a stage based on Pyribbit's boss arena.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Eh, no.

Bandana Dee gets in, but we get a stage based on Pyribbit's boss arena.
Yes. Would pick Another Dimension, but it's still a Modern Kirby stage, and Bandana Dee's still using his spear, so it works for me!

You get to pick the FP2 of your dreams with the ability to replace Min Min with someone else if you so desire, but your GSP for every fighter, regardless of whether or not they're in Elite Smash, including your FP2 is set to 1 (the worst possible GSP).

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Yes. Would pick Another Dimension, but it's still a Modern Kirby stage, and Bandana Dee's still using his spear, so it works for me!

You get to pick the FP2 of your dreams with the ability to replace Min Min with someone else if you so desire, but your GSP for every fighter, regardless of whether or not they're in Elite Smash, including your FP2 is set to 1 (the worst possible GSP).
No, because I don't wanna take away from fans of Min Min (especially not to lock an Assist Trophy's playability behind a $6 paywall).

Chrom is replaced with Caeda, but Byleth's other three weapons are taken away from him.

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
For me, there is literally no upside. No way.
The missing stages return, upgraded to full HD, but 10 random stages already in the game are downgraded to N64-level graphics

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
...and this time there's no downside. Yes.
A WOL sequel with cutscenes and platforming is added, but Smashdown and Squad Strike are removed

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
No, but a "boss rematch" feature might have sweetened the deal.

Said "boss rematch" feature is added, but you can't rematch regular spirits anymore

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Why not? Sure.

Hornet gets in as a fighter, but she's the only indie character in this pass.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
No. Classic mode bad

The next Smash game has 250 different fighters to choose from, but has no single player content except Vs. CPU.
No. Quality over quantity.

Target Test comes back, but only the DLC characters get unique ones while the base roster has the Brawl-style one where the design changes based on difficulty.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yes. Bubsy for Smash!

SSBU gets a full custom character maker, but making actual video game characters is banned for no apparent reason so you can only publish characters of cartoons, anime and memes.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Yes. Bubsy for Smash!

SSBU gets a full custom character maker, but making actual video game characters is banned for no apparent reason so you can only publish characters of cartoons, anime and memes.
In other words, something I can already do by making a Mii Fighter?
IMG_20190919_081738.jpg

Shadow is Sonic's Echo, but Chrom is replaced with Alm (whoneould feasibly be based on his Fire Emblem Gaiden version).

Top Bottom