• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you camp out for Brawl? What will you bring?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I will most likley be camping out for Brawl (or waiting in line, if there is a Midnight release). I reserved Halo 3 and was at that midnight release (my friends and i were the first three in line at this gamestop, and the line ended up wraping all the way around the building). I'd likley bring the same things. I have it reserved at one of the 2 gamestops by my college, so thats where i'll be.

-Chairs for me and whatever friends also reserved at the same Gamestop
-DS and DS games
-PSP and PSP games
-Laptop
-Cell Phone
-Ipod
-Cooler for drinks (Game Fuel*, A&W Root Beer, XS Energy Drinks, and Water)
-Snacks (Wheat Thins, Cheeze Itz)
-Homework
-Magazines
-Jackets and Blankets
-Wallet w/Cash for Brawl
-Extra cash (in case there is Brawl merch. At Halo 3 launch I picked up the Spartan controller, as well as this sweet Master Chief Halo green t-shirt, and my buddy got a MC keychain). I'm probably gonna pick up No More Heroes this day also.

I didnt have everything out with me at once. I kept most in my car, got it out as I needed/wanted it. Basically snacks, chairs, cooler was all that was out the entire time.

*Game Fuel isnt being sold in March anymore, so I have 10 fridge packs of it saved, that will not be touched until the launch and week following. (Actually, 30 are saved...10 for Brawl launch and afterweek, 10 for Halo Wars launch and afterweek, and i am working on the final set of 10 for the Peter Jackson Halo game launch and afterweek. I already stockpiled GameFuel and drank it for the launches of Halo 3 and Mario Galaxy).

EDIT: Does the fact that there are shortages and MASSIVE lines for the Japan launch effect your decision?

BubbleShield

Smash Journeyman
No, I will get a good nights sleep and get it later in the day. You kids and your television games...

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
I've reserved Brawl from Gamestop. How would it work? Should i camp out? Will it be availiable for me when I go there?

If I had to camp out: (which I would for brawl)
-my tennis racket (sorry I had to, I'm a tennis freak. I could bounce the ball around and defend myself if I had to, nah... its not like the PS3 crowd, this is the smash community so maybe not defend)
-labtop (sadly, no DS)
-Money
-something hot + tasty to eat/drink (hot coco?)
-a pillow

I guess thats it, I would want to pack light so I can go home.

iMichael

Smash Lord
I reserved it and I'm camping out...0.o it's true

DS and games
magazines
homework
drinks + food
hopefully someone will bring a t.v. and melee(gamecube) and we'll have friendlies while we all wait...

WaddleDee

Smash Rookie
The middle of nowhere, behind that dust-cloud.
... I'll just go on the tenth. :U

With my mp3 player I [hopefully] got for Christmas. .x.

Perhaps my DS.

But, eh. If my local Wal-mart doesn't have it on the 10th, then I'll go back the next day [which is a Saturday. Which means a shopping rush for everyone else.], and so-forth. Because my Wal-mart is evil.

vinternet

Smash Cadet
I've never gotten to camp out for a game before hehe I would actually enjoy this.
Me and my friend were gonna camp out for the Wii but the mall by me ended up having a reserve-and-pick-up-at-midnight deal going on. We were at the Badfish show at Starland Ballroom (anyone go?) in NJ and we left in the middle of their set to go get our Wiis. Haha we made sure the whole crowd knew that night that Zelda was coming out.

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
how does camping out work? i dont think i've ever reserved a game, and the only game i bought at midnight was World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade, and that was when i was really addicted to it.

ill DEFINITELY be trying to reserve SSBB and getting it asap, hopefully midnight on its release. smash bros series is probably my favorite video game series ever.

so, more on camping out? why would you need to "camp out" and bring all that stuff? i figure i'd just go at like 11:45 and only have to wait a few minutes for the store to open.

Elysium

Smash Lord
so, more on camping out? why would you need to "camp out" and bring all that stuff? i figure i'd just go at like 11:45 and only have to wait a few minutes for the store to open.
They might only be selling X amount of Brawl copies at Midnight, therefore Camping ensures that you get a copy while people that come last min don't and have to wait a little bit longer.

I'm not sure if I'll camp. I'm not even sure my gamestop is doing a midnight release to begin with. If they do I just might.

happynoodleboy

Smash Apprentice
wait, people are gonna camp for this? HAHAHAHAHA have fun, suckers. go ahead and freeze your *** off for hours so you can get a game that won't sell out. at least not in a few minutes. just reserve it. then you can get up at a semi-reasonable hour and just pick it up. I don't even think any stores are DOING midnight releases for Brawl.

I camped for my Wii, though, but that was the only way to get one last december :p

iankobe

Smash Lord
Maybe I will, just for the heck of it.

I reserved it at Gamestop too, but I have no idea how it works.

Man, its gonna be FUN...

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Chairs for me and whatever friends also reserved at the same Gamestop
-DS and DS games
-PSP and PSP games
-Laptop
-Cell Phone
-Ipod
-Cooler for drinks (Game Fuel*, A&W Root Beer, XS Energy Drinks, and Water)
-Snacks (Wheat Thins, Cheeze Itz)
-Homework
-Magazines
-Jackets and Blankets
-Wallet w/Cash for Brawl
-Extra cash (in case there is Brawl merch. At Halo 3 launch I picked up the Spartan controller, as well as this sweet Master Chief Halo green t-shirt, and my buddy got a MC keychain).

I am definitley gonna be waiting outside for what will be either the 1st or 2nd most epic game of all time. Will you? I just hope it stays at Feb, and doesnt go to Holliday 08. It would be even colder out then...
Your begging to be robbed.

Musica Amante

Smash Apprentice
I live in a small county in the California central coast, so we usually don't get things like camp outs. So I'm really wondering how popular Brawl is here. The last and first time I went to a campout for a game was when my sister wanted that World of Warcraft expansion and didn't want to go alone.

In my small county I didn't think there would really be a 'campout' I sort've chuckled at the idea.

To my surprise the line wrapped around the **** block!! I couldn't believe there were so many gamers, let alone gamers who would campout in my area.

So I'm thinking maybe there WILL be something like that for Brawl here, though I don't think it's as big as WoW.

What do you guys think?

o6ograveo9o

Smash Cadet
illl be camping if gamestop has a midnight release.
ill be bringing:
a chair
my DS
drinks
foodz
musicz from my CD PLAYER! (mp3s are for losers)
two jackets
and 1 million cigarettes

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
me and my friends will be there probably around 11:45, pending a midnight release. the gamestops ive been to have said that they need between 100-150 min people to preorder for them to do a midnight release, and the 3 gamestops in my area have had an average of about 50 preorders so far in september. so its looking like chances are pretty good. ive already asked off time from work for the night of 2/9 and 2/10...they think im weird, but i swear, my family is going on vacation that weekend..

Sariku

Smash Master
Silly Kid. Brawl is for Teenagers.

Bring your DS and that's it. Only wimps take food and crap like that. BE A MAN. I just had my DS when I camped out for a Wii.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
if I can, I will camp out. although, my copy is already paid off, they will have it for me the next day, but it seems like it would be a fun expieriance. supplies: DS, small lunch/dinner/(if I eat it later)Dinner, more DS games, Blankent for warmth, hopefully 80+dollars for other games I would be interested to buy or any brawl promotional stuff like a brawl shirt or brawl DS. (oh please let there be a brawl themed DS!).

The Red M

Smash Apprentice
You Losers

I am a smash fan and there is no question i will at least be playing it the first day. But camping out just for a game? I may be a nerd like the restayas but I'm not a loser!

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
I have it preordered online though Gamestop.com. They guarantee 1 day shipping so it will arrive on the release day. I was also thinking of putting 5 bucks down on a preorder at one of my local stores though, just in case. :D

Mandalore

Smash Apprentice
My copy is reserved, so I don't really care. I'm just going to the midnight release, I don't really think that I'll have to get there any earlier than 11:00 to get a good spot in brawl. The area that I live in is lame.

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
Unless I can get a ride from someone else I have to walk about 2 miles to the nearest Gamestop, so I'm going to pack light. I'll probably just bring my DS and a collapsing lawn chair.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
A Gun.

Let's see how much you douches REALLY love Brawl.
That, good sir, was hilarious. I seriously laughed out loud. Someone get this guy a drink!

I think I will if there is a midnight release thing going one at Gamestop. I have mine reserved but I want to be able to pick up my copy as soon as possible. I think an all night Smashfest is in order for me and my friends.

I'll just take my cell, my DS, and maybe a deck of cards. But that's it. I'll be playing MArio Kart DS all night up till I pick up my copy (unless, of course, there are smash tournaments in Gamestop that night)

JeffMan

Smash Apprentice
There's not too much logic in camping out for it unless you're busy all day Sunday. The very fact that it comes out on a Sunday means that you can get a good night's sleep on Saturday night and pick it up Sunday afternoon (without the need to skip class), just as long as you preorder it and have a guaranteed copy.

PaperDream

Smash Apprentice
Silly Kid. Brawl is for Teenagers.

Bring your DS and that's it. Only wimps take food and crap like that. BE A MAN. I just had my DS when I camped out for a Wii.

I agree. Is this what we want the stereotypical SSBB fan to look like????

I don't think so.

Top Bottom