• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you be maining Greninja?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I have no idea. One thing is for sure, I will still play my Brawl mains (Pikachu and Peach) and I will definitely try Greninja, as well as Mega Man and Ridley when the games are out. I really hope I enjoy its play style, since it is one of the coolest Pokémon out there. I am (or was, I am kind of losing interest after XY) Pokémon fan and I always wanted to play another one in Smash, but Mewtwo's overratedness put me of it, Lucario bores me and the Pokémon Trainer mechanics were awful. Hopefully, Greninja will be my second Pokémain.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Few things I like:
1. Fast
2. Smooth/fluid movements
3. Decent ninja-like design. Favorite out of the evolved Gen 6 starters. Fennekin, Frogadier are the only other 2 designs I really love for the Gen 6 starters, But Frogadier+Greninja look soo much better.
4. Nice moveset.

While I think Greninja is going to be one of the more likely of the characters likely to be my main, he still has to contend with the following (including unconfirmed):
Gameplay & Character/Style
Charizard, Link, Lucario, R.O.B., Wolf O'Donnell - These 5 are also my top 5 "mains" in Brawl as well
Megaman - I haven't played through many Megaman games, but I like his concept, just hopefully it won't cause people to whine about projectiles being annoying
Little Mac - Though the fact he has poor air game is a huge strike on him since I love being in the air in games, whether it's jumping or flying.

Gameplay
Falco, Fox, Marth (At least his Melee gameplay), Pit, Snake, Sonic

Character/Style
Mewtwo, Meta Knight (boring gameplay in Brawl), Samus (not ZSS)
..... King DDD & Captain Falcon because of how goofy they are
.... Kirby & Yoshi because cute without being too cute, while having awesome games.
Ike only because his hits felt good and "prepare yourself" (but other than that, too slow for my tastes)

We'll just have to see what SSB4 brings. :bubblebobble:

M&Mavocado

Smash Cadet
Oh yes. Ever since I used the instacheck method to hatch perfect shiny Frankie, I have been a huge fan of Greninja. Froakie was my starter too. Here's hoping his shiny version is an alternate costume.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
He's one of my 6 along with lucario, peach, rosalina, wii fit trainer and zero suit samus. Now I just wait for ike

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Probably as one of my Top 5 at least. I'm definitely using Greninja, Little Mac, WFT, Luigi, and Zamus more often than others.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Looks like I've found my answer to Sheik, although Lucario, Pikachu and Sonic will likely end up being my mains again (along with Megaman), however if Greninja fits the type of style I like and has some really good alternate costumes, then I'm sold, although I think he'll be an unlockable character (along with Lucario, Jigglypuff (who's likely going to be the 1st unlockable character again) and Mewtwo).

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Honestly, I cannot say.

Greninja definitely seems like an interesting character. His attacks are precise and lightning-fast, just the way I like them. On the other hand, judging by the videos, he looks like a very slippery character, in terms of movement. That being said, mine instinct tells me I will not be very good with him. I will definitely try him out, nevertheless.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
If Mewtwo and possibly Ness do not return, then yes, I will. If Ness returns...I would have to try him out before deciding between the two...That Substitute though!

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I already don't main anyone because I have a hard time picking from all the characters I like. Ssb4 seems to have made it even more difficult.

However, Greninja seems awesome and I like the pokemon itself, so I'll probably be one of my more used characters.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I've cut it down to six Peach, Rosalina, Zelda, Lucario, Zero Suit Samus and Greninja
now I just wait for Ike who will replace either peach or zelda

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
98% likely.
With Pit as my secondary, and a secret DDD up my sleeves for emergencies.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
He's no Lil Mac but out of the other newcomers he interests me the most.

I really like the idea of teleportation in Smash. That's my primary reason for using Mewtwo in Melee, even though his teleport is awfully limited and is pretty much just used for recovery purposes (didn't stop me from teleporting all over the place though). Now there's a character that's designed round the mechanic? Yes please. In that regard, he even beats out Lil Mac for me. I'm really interested in how his moveset functions.

Depending on how I like it, yeah there is a possibility that I'd actually main him. My loyalty for Wario is too strong but if I got tired of DK (after three games of that not happening I doubt it though) and I don't end up liking Lil Mac as much I'd hope, then by all means I could use him very often.

Last edited:

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Gonna main him with Mario and Mega Man! Just Pokemon Y on Wednesday and have a level 33 Frogadier, Greninja here I come.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
He looks very cool. I definitely will be trying him out first. He makes me want to go play pokemon x/y

Last edited:

Nippo

Smash Cadet
Most likely, unless I really end up not liking his moveset for some reason, or a more enticing newcomer gets revealed. Lucario is obviously going to have his playstyle carried over from Brawl, which I don't like nearly as much as his Project M incarnation, so I have more motivation to pick up Greninja.

SciCore

Filthy Casual
Probably won't give up Lucario, but Greninja will definitely be my secondary.

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
Definitely one of my Top 3 (Olimar, Little Mac included unless they fixed Link)

Oh and that's only if Wonder Red isn't in the game haha

Last edited:

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
I like fast characters.
I like ninjas.
I love Greninja the Pokémon.

Yes. YES. YES.
You took the words right out of my mouth!

Aside from being my favorite pokemon, he looks EPIC in the trailer! HE WILL BE MY NEW MAIN.

buttmunch236

Smash Rookie
NNID
buttmunch236
well looks like falco ain't returning so im either going greninja or i might try something different from the fast characters like villager, i just cant wait to try all the new characters.

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
well looks like falco ain't returning so im either going greninja or i might try something different from the fast characters like villager, i just cant wait to try all the new characters.
Based on what? Falco wasn't revealed for Brawl until after its release.

And back on topic, is Greninja a Lucario clone?

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman
Just saying, you're avatar is amazing
Thanks! I always loved fast and strong pokémons and these two are just amazing.
Also, that's a pretty cool roster you got in your signature! Really well done and I wouldn't mind if it was true. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom