• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you be maining Greninja?

buttmunch236

Smash Rookie
NNID
buttmunch236
Based on what? Falco wasn't revealed for Brawl until after its release.

And back on topic, is Greninja a Lucario clone?
well i heard sakurai doesn't want to add any clones so it seems falco doesn't have such a great chance in making it, at least that's what i think, hopefully i'm wrong.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Had never heard of Greninja before last week, but I'm seriously considering maining him because his playstyle looks so fun and he has alot of potential for playing mindgames with opponents. Also, I love the substitute.

EDIT: since played Y with Greninja as my #1 go to pokemon. Truly onboard the Greninja hype train now.

well i heard sakurai doesn't want to add any clones so it seems falco doesn't have such a great chance in making it, at least that's what i think, hopefully i'm wrong.
He says that every time. Falco is safe.

Last edited:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Had never heard of Greninja before last week, but I'm seriously considering maining him because his playstyle looks so fun and he has alot of potential for playing mindgames with opponents. Also, I love the substitute.

He says that every time. Falco is safe.
You haven't played X and Y, YOU SHALL BE DESTROYED lol jk

katastrophic

Smash Cadet
NNID
katastrophic
3DS FC
3308-4726-7643
I've been Team Froakie since the three X/Y starters were revealed. That said, I don't know If I'll main him, but I definitely can't ignore him.

SVGK

Smash Rookie
Yep, the best of all the characters as far as I'm concerned, unless of course meta knight has somehow become even more badass than greninja, which isn't possible.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Greninja has potential to be one of my mains, despite that fact that I know nothing about him. His playstyle looks fun though, definitely gonna give him a shot.

Rioni

Smash Apprentice
Most likely! I never knew Greninja before the trailer (I've never played X and Y before please excuse me ;w; though I really wanna get it now!) but I love his playstyle and heck I'm loving his design! He will be one of the characters that I will definitely try out when the game is released. He'll most likely be my secondary (Lucas is my primary, but I don't know if he's coming back), but then again we'll see.

LHJarod

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jarod
3DS FC
0559-7330-0601
If Wolf doesn't return, or if he ends up sucking, I'll probably try Greninja. But Wii Fit, Little Mac and Zero Suit are looking good too.

AquaNinja

Smash Cadet
No, why would I ever main such a thing. They had to put in GRENINJA, instead of my Mewtwo!!!

Just joking, I prefer Greninja a lot over Mewtwo. Greninja is my favorite Pokemon and his playstyle seems to fit what I like, speed and NINJANESS. This guy is guaranteed my main, with my secondary/s being Megaman and/or Pikachu. I'm so glad he got in. I was actually expecting him to get in. Well, at least someone from Gen 6. So answer to the question, yes I will main Greninja...

:4greninja: !!!THE GRENINJA HYPE!!! :4greninja:

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
No, why would I ever main such a thing. They had to put in GRENINJA, instead of my Mewtwo!!!

Just joking, I prefer Greninja a lot over Mewtwo. Greninja is my favorite Pokemon and his playstyle seems to fit what I like, speed and NINJANESS. This guy is guaranteed my main, with my secondary/s being Megaman and/or Pikachu. I'm so glad he got in. I was actually expecting him to get in. Well, at least someone from Gen 6. So answer to the question, yes I will main Greninja...

:4greninja: !!!THE GRENINJA HYPE!!! :4greninja:
Greninja did not replace mewtwo. Mewtwo still has a great chance to get in, he is the most wanted character for Japan and *Merka, sakurai even hinted at his return at a round table meeting. If mewtwo gets in I'll main him and crush all of you Greninja mains in an epic pokemon battle with epic music. Greninja mains...have at you! xD

AquaNinja

Smash Cadet
Greninja did not replace mewtwo. Mewtwo still has a great chance to get in, he is the most wanted character for Japan and *Merka, sakurai even hinted at his return at a round table meeting. If mewtwo gets in I'll main him and crush all of you Greninja mains in an epic pokemon battle with epic music. Greninja mains...have at you! xD
I know that Mewtwo still has a good chance. I didn't say he wouldn't get in, just that I prefer Greninja over Mewtwo. And don't be so confident about crushing the Greninja mains. The game isn't even out yet, so how are you judging if you can crush us or not?

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I'm not going to main him but I do plan on making him one of my alternate options.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
From the newcomers shown so far, I might have to choose between Greninja and Little Mac.
Same, except I ain't choosing.

NinjaMac sounds like what I'll probably put my time into if their movesets/physics live up to the hype. I'll also be toying with Marth and Mario to see how they stack up in this game. If Ike or another Fire Emblem character I like is in the game then I'll probably drop Greninja (Yeah, I like Mac better.)

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'm gonna try Greninja out. He looks like a cool character and I wanna see what his playstyle is like, since he was my starter in Pokemon X.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Falco main and Greninja as well. From there, I'll follow the metagame and play the character that's the most fun as well as being probably the better character. I do have a slight bias for Falco, but if he does turn out to be trash or is not included in the game, Greninja will be my main.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
He seems like the glass cannon type of character so he'll fit right into my mains (if he has a decent KO move).

Commander Claus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-1975-7034
Like stated before, if he's got the KO power, I'll probably use him.

I've always liked Greninja, started with Froakie before I even knew what starters turned into. I shall stay true to my starter.

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
If Wolf doesn't return, or if he ends up sucking, I'll probably try Greninja. But Wii Fit, Little Mac and Zero Suit are looking good too.
Took the words out of my mouth! Except for Wii Fit. She's interesting, but doesn't look great. I'd replace her with Roselina and Luma. My current predicted mains are
  1. Roselina and Luma
  2. Little Mac
  3. Zero Suit Samus
  4. Greninja
  5. Villager
All newcomers... Nintendo advertises well. Well, Zero Suit Samus is not a newcomer, but I'll main her for her boots. So in a way...

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I will add Greninja to my list of mains if he is more fun than Sheik; however, in the event that my sister mains him, I am probably going to stick to Sheik. So my answer is "maybe."

D

Deleted member

Greninja is 3rd in my rankings of the 6 newcomers we know so far. Since it seems he's a fast character with combo potential, I'm definitely going to at least try to main him when Smash 4 comes out.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Up until R.O.B. I've been a strict Pokemon main (Pikachu/Jigglypuff SSB, Pichu/Jigglypuff SSBM) so I might have to import my 6-IV Shiny Greninja from my Pokemon X for SSB4 ;^)

Last edited:

LHJarod

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jarod
3DS FC
0559-7330-0601
Took the words out of my mouth! Except for Wii Fit. She's interesting, but doesn't look great. I'd replace her with Roselina and Luma. My current predicted mains are
  1. Roselina and Luma
  2. Little Mac
  3. Zero Suit Samus
  4. Greninja
  5. Villager
All newcomers... Nintendo advertises well. Well, Zero Suit Samus is not a newcomer, but I'll main her for her boots. So in a way...
I really hope Greninja is Good. It's my 2nd favorite Pokèmon after Charizard. :p But yeah, I agree on that list of yours. Villager looks great too.

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
Greninja is my favorite pokemon, so yeah, i'd probably play him a lot. But who knows, after e3 we don't know what characters will be unveiled.

D

Deleted member

Yes.
I dunno why, but there's something about this character I really like, and I'm really excited to try him out. Hopefully he's in the Best Buy Demo.
Is it because Froakie was my starter in Y?
Is it because there is a possibility that there could be a recolor based off of Politoed?
Is it because of :substitute:?
Is it because I just like frogs?

I dunno what it is, but I am maining this character no question.

Last edited by a moderator:

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying not to get into this game with any mains in mind, but you better believe I'll counterpick with this guy if I can.

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
Greninjas play style looks the most fun of the newcomers so far. A projectile, substitute, fast, and what looks to be a nice recovery. I think he will at least be a secondary for me but i cant be sure until i get a hold of the game

The Fonz

Smash Cadet
NNID
SChavez44
3DS FC
1134-8193-3071
Definitely I have Greninja on my top 3 characters. I was going to main Marth but I have second thoughts about him being more of a ground person this time around. I played as Greninja at Best Buy and he plays very well, I couldnt fully utilize his move set however :( His Up Smash however is very powerful but I was having trouble KOing with his Down Smash. He has a great recovery and Bair.

D

Deleted member

I was planning on playing him the second he was revealed.

I played him twice at Smashfest, won both times, and I love how he feels.

But the thing that has caused me to pick no other character, is his Final Smash voice clip. I had no idea he even had a voice at Smashfest!

AAAHHH GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO GWAHH!

Last edited by a moderator:

E-ColeWorld

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
I was planning on playing him the second he was revealed.

I played him twice at Smashfest, won both times, and I love how he feels.

But the thing that has caused me to pick no other character, is his Final Smash voice clip. I had no idea he even had a voice at Smashfest!

AAAHHH GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO GWAHH!
LMFAO AAAHHHHH GAHHGAHHGAHGAHGAHGAGHGHAGAHGAH GAHHHHH!!!

Nintendrone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintendrone42
3DS FC
2535-3781-8442
Switch FC
SW 3369 4102 5813
Greninja is definitely one of the characters I'm most interested in. I'm Team Fennekin myself, but Greninja is seriously the character I never knew I wanted.

Some of the characters I'm ready to try maining (in no real order):
  • :4wiifit: Played her at Smash Fest and loved it!
  • :4marth: My Brawl main, of course I'll try him again.
  • :4greninja: He looks like way too much fun.
  • :4lucario: Liked him in Brawl, and now he's getting buffed hard.
  • :4bowser: I don't usually like power guys, but he looks like a blast!

Top Bottom