• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you be maining Greninja?

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
Absolutely. I don't see any other character that fits my style than Greninja.

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
I will be trying to main Greninja (although Little Mac with be my main main) he's my most favorite Pokemon thus far.

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
Greninja was my main, but if Shulk or Chrom joins, i will re-think

LudwigKoopa

Smash Cadet
NNID
Moostache15
I'll be trying just about every character, but I'm liking what Greninja has to offer. I can definitely see him as a main

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Give him a Mewtwo color swap, then I think he's going to be my main Pokémon.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Not my main but without a doubt I will be using Greninja constantly, it looks really really fun

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
If Mewtwo is not in this game, then he have the first chance to take his spot. If Mewtwo is in the game, then I will still consider it because Greninja was my starter in Pokemon Y.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
He's definitely gonna be one of my mains (If you can't tell by my signature I like blue characters)
Also he was my starter in my second playthrough of X and Y

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Well. I can't tell yet. I need do play with him when the game get released, but I will really try playing with him.

Nontoxic

Smash Cadet
Either him or Sheik. The game is slower than melee so I want to pick a faster character to main to kinda make up for that.

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
He's definitely one of the leading contenders for my Smash 4 main, along with Little Mac. I'll have to wait until I get my hands on the game to see which one I like more. I might end up maining both of them.

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
I got to try him out during the whole smash-fest thing and I thought he was pretty fun to play as. Greninja is definitely one of the characters that could potentially be one of my mains. Can't wait to play as him more...with a GC controller

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
Maybe. He was my first pokemon in my first playthrough of XY after all. Besides, this guy is hella fun to play.

D

Deleted member

He was my starter in X, so I'll main him. Not to mention he fits my style to the point. I also had a Charizard, Pikachu, Lucario, and Greninja in my team at one point. I thought to myself, "Hey, all of these guys are in Smash but Greninja. He'd be really cool." How little did I know...

Crawful

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4983-5238-2711
I probably won't MAIN him, but 'll definitely try him out. He's one of my favorite Pokemon, if not my favorite Pokemon. Only problem is there's so many characters I like more than his playstyle, at least from how I felt during the E3 demo.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
No. I never payed any attention to the Pokémon franchise since after Generation 3 so I won't be using him at all. My sister might use him though.

SpatialPSI

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regent_EX
3DS FC
1091-7941-1344
I'll probably be maining Greninja for Smash 4, although it's a toss up between a bunch of other characters like Villager, Pit, and Ness if he returns. Definitely looking forward to playing him at least.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I'm answering on behalf of a cousin that I know isn't on here- he'll definitely be maining Greninja. Froakie/Frogadier have become his favorite Pokemon recently even though he's been a Pokémon fan for nine years.

As for myself, I'm definitely intrigued by him. I didn't like him in October (I thought that his tongue taking over his bubble motif was awful), but I started accepting him and liking him by February. After seeing the April Direct, I was impressed by what Sakurai had done with him. I especially love his Substitute attack and I'm interested in playing as him (but after some other people I've committed to making mains first).

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Greninja has been my planned main since the April direct. All that's left is to see if Peach is back to her melee standard in which case I have my two mains. :3

Trickerhere

Smash Ace
Yup I plan on maining Greninja as my 2nd main. Lucina is just too amazing lol even though she is a clone :p

Last edited:

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Of course, Greninja is the only reason that I started obsessively following all Smash 4 info back in April.

Spirst

I'll be doing so. He seems like such an entertaining character. The d-air looks to be incredibly annoying.

Ghoti

Smash Cadet
I think Greninja will be my main along with Shulk and Marth.

Greninja is a pretty quick character with a very safe F-air. I like his side special and his neutral special.

His neutral special, when fully charged, could be used for some interesting edge guarding.

Wafty

Smash Apprentice
After playing with Greninja at the San Diego comic con event, yeah I'll be maining him. He feels so right..

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Definitely, if you couldn't tell by my avatar and sig. Of all the characters added he is the one I got most excited for.
Being my starter of choice definitely helped, but also just because he looks very fun, powerful, and versatile.

Gonna make people eat some Water Shurikens!

Top Bottom