• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Fox stay Top Tier??

Lithos

Smash Cadet
Well said Mac 77. Personally some of the best players I ever played in Melee were using characters considered low tier, like Pichu/Bowser/Mewtwo. So tiers don't mean a **** thing to me. I just don't want the Brawl tournament scene ruined by 70% of the players using Metaknight or Marth because someone out there stated that they were top tier.
Yeah. Take Gimpy for example. Boozer anyone? lol

Tiers should by no means stop anyone from using who they like. If somone really enjoys a character and have talent, then there's nothing stopping them from being great. It's just that if they come face to face with someone equally motivated and talented using a character with an advantage over theirs, then they're gonna have a tougher time. But there's never a guaranteed win based on tiers.

Sajun88

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Gimpyfish is a freaking beast, best Bowser player out there IMO. And he's more than decent with Metaknight too.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I'm pretty certain you all needn't worry about tourneys making the game stale. In fact, at this stage, tourneys will be what brings out the most diversity because everybody will be trying to figure out exactly how far the game can be taken, and people's differences in opinion about what's good and what's not will be what fuels that exploration. Already we have widely varying opinions about what characters will prove to be any good (well, besides Marth) and so there will be many people out there looking to prove that such and such a character is a contender for any of the upper echelons of the tier list (again, besides n00bs using Marth thinking he'll be a quick and easy win - but just disregard them).

technomancer

Smash Champion
Well said Mac 77. Personally some of the best players I ever played in Melee were using characters considered low tier, like Pichu/Bowser/Mewtwo. So tiers don't mean a **** thing to me. I just don't want the Brawl tournament scene ruined by 70% of the players using Metaknight or Marth because someone out there stated that they were top tier.
How would this ruin the tournament scene?

controlfreak7

Smash Ace
How would this ruin the tournament scene?
that's easy its simply because it would result in less diversity. The game isn't as fun if everyone u go against plays fox or something. Anyways i've seen a lot of characters that are really good and i totally see as being top tier if there is a tier list. Some of these characters would be rob, marth, and metaknight.

But thats if there is a tier list. I think that there shouldn't even be a tier list. Everyone seems really even like without a doubt.

O and yes fox can shinespike, but it is much harder to do in brawl (i think mainly because his falling speed is obviouisly slow than in melee) and usually requires a timed edge hog.

Im not saying that fox is horrible, but i know that he isn't top tier

-Shion-

Smash Cadet
Many people still say that Fox will move down intiers, but we dont take into account that everyone else who was high tier in melee has been nerfed like hell.

Fox's only nerfs are his reflector and fall speed....

IMO, if you are skilled, he will stay top tier.

No doubt about it.

Mac_77

Smash Cadet
Many people still say that Fox will move down intiers, but we dont take into account that everyone else who was high tier in melee has been nerfed like hell.

Fox's only nerfs are his reflector and fall speed....

IMO, if you are skilled, he will stay top tier.

No doubt about it.
Skill really has nothing to do with the tier, skill is based only on the player using that character. If you are truly a skilled player, tier does not matter...

If you like the character, then use the character.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
He's still very good,a nd will be around high tier for sure, unless there are things in his meta game we dont know about.

We dont know, it's way too early to tell, and these threads aren't getting us ANYWHERE clsoe to an answer.

Fr3nchD3vilDawg

Smash Rookie
thank you... i don't really care if Fox is top tier or not and judging by youtube vids, i think he'll be middle-high. But the point i will laugh at tier chasers as im killing them with fox's nerfed up-A and shine! Gl beating me =P! FOX FTW

kobefox2485

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alfredo24pr
i think he will be top because he kept his speed, his power looks improved in some of his weak attacks, and he is more floaty which makes him harder to combo, which was a bad weakness for him

ChopingBoard

Smash Journeyman
Even if he Uair and up smash are nerfed, his Bair and over smash are really powerful. Drill shining is really easy, nair-shine is really easy too. but i would say it would be too early to call this one

ChopingBoard

Smash Journeyman
Skill really has nothing to do with the tier, skill is based only on the player using that character. If you are truly a skilled player, tier does not matter...

If you like the character, then use the character.
ok then play kirby against fox in melee and come back to me on that one. i agree with you only to an extent

Zodiac

Smash Master
No, me and link will beat him down to low tier and make sure he stays there.

errtu

Smash Apprentice
no he won´t. there are more great characters this time around. and i think it is all for the best. more diversity , not the same 2-3 characters over and over again . pretty cool that everyone seems awesome, lots more interesting match ups

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
no he won´t. there are more great characters this time around. and i think it is all for the best. more diversity , not the same 2-3 characters over and over again . pretty cool that everyone seems awesome, lots more interesting match ups

I agree with you. There are so many good characters this time. Plus, it's too early.

Yoshi's Top Tier anyways. :p

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
Hahahaha don't make me laugh. Samus easily looks to be on the lower end.
sorry ur wrong. samus isnt top tier but she is very good. she didnt receive any big nerfs besides her super missles. otherwise shes still pretty godly.

fox is still broken in many aspects but in brawl i found him much harder to use. before it was straight forward what to do with him because you have so much versitiliy because of movement out of the shine. now that the shine is stationary you cut down fox's ability to have a diverse approach which makes him seemingly slower. not to mention that every character in the game got "seemingly" slower.

fox might be top tier still but no one is good enough to know yet.

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
It sounds to me like people make Fox's "nerf" sound a lot more severe than it actually is. I'll admit I haven't actually played Brawl yet, still, from what I've seen in videos and what I've heard, Fox doesn't sound like a bad character. I can't say whether he'll be top-tier again, but I have no doubt he'll still at least be high-tier or upper mid-tier.

Fox McCl0ud

Smash Apprentice
I think he will stay top tier. He still seemed strong from some of the youtube videos.

Roscoewolf

Smash Cadet
I think the whole teir system may even change with less defined Teirs, with characters being more balanced, some characters working slightly better on others , rock paper scissors deal

rove

Smash Apprentice
I say its to early to even call him anytire at the moment, people still havent found every thing you can do with the characters, glitches, and other things that make this game unique for the characters.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
It sounds to me like people make Fox's "nerf" sound a lot more severe than it actually is. I'll admit I haven't actually played Brawl yet, still, from what I've seen in videos and what I've heard, Fox doesn't sound like a bad character. I can't say whether he'll be top-tier again, but I have no doubt he'll still at least be high-tier or upper mid-tier.
I'm not saying Fox's nerfs are bad, I'm just curious as to what the Fox players will think of his tier rank, that's all.

Hanniah

Smash Cadet
Fox will doubtlessly stay high in tiers, maybe not Top though; there's harsh concurrence ;D He's still ***-kicking, and the loss of WDing/WSing doesn't make him bad.

Lootic

Smash Apprentice
i think the game is so balanced tiers really dont matter any more, its more skill,mindgames and the quantity of characters youll become able to play that is going to matter and less im chosing a character whos boooooooriiiiiing to play as cause i want to win.

Top Bottom