• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Europe make another big tournament next summer?

Staco

Smash Champion
Kaos, you should talk to Leon, Zulu or BJay?.
There will be something in december in germany, having dutchies, germans, maybe austrians, maybe frenchies attending.
It´s in the west, so it´s close to france.

Laem

Smash Champion
I could be confirmed even if it started friday morning(better just keep it in the evening tho)
thats right yika
ADD MEH TO UR GERMAN LIST

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
Opinion Alert!!!

After reading through this thread in all its entirety I've identified the key points...

Point 1

European Smash Month

Point 2

European Smash Month

Point 3

I dunno 3 is a magic number and all, ask de la soul =p

These key tourneys should be An imaginary Dutch Tourney (W.G.H.I.N.P.S. = Wanna get high if not play smash =) SNY2, BBI2 and any other country willing to step up and help out the game which has given you so much over the years.

Reasons...

1. If all these tourneys are close together then it makes it easier to attend as many as possible as long as there is enough...

2. Time, setting it in the summer is hands down the best option. As long as other major tourneys genesis etc is taken into account it will provide a greater incentive for people to travel, as a higher density of tourneys occurs less often and so people wont want to miss out and have to wait another year, as long as they are given enough...

3. Notice, This **** needs to be arranged and advertising needs to be started by December to February for any given tourney that is going to occur. As people cant attend something they don't know about and are not sure if it still gonna happen. I'm thinking at least a website, don't try and tell me that there is not at least one person in every country that is capable of doing this... they might be a little lazy but i hope that an international tourney being hosted in their country is enough incentive for them to put in a couple of hours work. Especially if there is a chance that there could be...

4. WEED =]... Well at least legally in holland so come on you danish dudes, put down the draw for a day and host a tourney for melee obviously. For those of you who are against this last point maybe you should watch this short presentation..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93jQI_6G5Cw

I'm sorry if its not all HTML ready omg the extra effort of having to copy and paste it shock horror but trust its will enlighten you if you haven't seen it already

So please think about this and look into your soul smash need you...

Peace =]

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
Ty was my first post i been around for a couple years, my idol is IHSB but i cant say to much cos Im using the fact no one knows who I am on the boards to win a MM against someone in the top 5 =]. But I hope enough people read that message so it becomes a reality. This **** needs to spread like a virus or a religion, so please preach or infect people with it =p

Staco

Smash Champion
Dutchies aren't confirmed, it's on a friday.
the tourney is from friday to sunday
singles saturday
doubles sunday
on friday theres low tiers or sth. like this

there shouldn´t be a problem to attend, sleeping is provided in the location

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Hey guys I think I have a great idea. How about doing Bushido Brawl Impact II the weekend before or the weekend after SNY2 (12-14th or 19th-21st of August)? For americans and other foreigners who play both Melee and Brawl it would be perfect because traveling from England to France costs nothing and it would allow them to have a full experience of Europe at both games. And those that just want to play one game and go to one event can do so freely.

It would be the... "European Epic Smash Week"!
the tourney is from friday to sunday
singles saturday
doubles sunday
on friday theres low tiers or sth. like this

there shouldn´t be a problem to attend, sleeping is provided in the location
IM IN *****

K@OS WE TEAMING AND TAKING FIRST ***** ITS DONE (if you want to)

Staco

Smash Champion
doubles sunday will fail so hard, btw what tournament are you talking about?
make some neuss

Orion, I allready told you about the tourney.
You guys should confirm and watch out for tickets asap, else it´s full.

Staco

Smash Champion
PREPARE something, I have not said my last word on France.
Ill possibly try to host sth. big in germany this summer (not sure yet, I didnt even check the location, Ill do sometimes after the big european tourney this weekend).
Maybe we could arrange to get at least 2 big tourneys within 10 days for you americans to attend.

TeSik

Smash Cadet
I haven't checked if it was posted already, but aren't there rumours about a huge open air like tournament in Germany? You know, a whole soccer field (or so) with enough space to let like 300+ entrants come. Nothin' being confirmed though. What about that?

Lord Chair

Smash Master
If something really, really massive is going to happen, I would really like to offer my support as well in terms of not only hyping, but also gathering and bringing tvs 'n stuff. Collective tournies should require a collective effort :)

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Especially if we'd get a small part of the budget for it, I wager I could manage another 10 or so tvs. Germany being close by, I wouldn't find it such a strange idea to have the Netherlands get there in a coach or something silly like that (with extra space for tvs or something).

Exalador, one of the hosts of most of the bigger Dutch tournaments, offers tvs for a really cheap price as well.

Chiko_

Smash Apprentice
Rainbow Troopers☼ will go hard at BBI2.

A lot of Norwegians are eagerly awaiting the announcement. 'A lot' by Norwegian standards of course, there are about two people interested in going, not included Afro and myself whom will be going for sure.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
oh my god, rainbowtroopers are gonna tear this **** up!!

Top Bottom