• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Europe make another big tournament next summer?

Staco

Smash Champion
lol u think playing a piano is bad when ur trying to sleep try have

staoc koukin volkan skety and more prank calling people in the same room u are trying to sleep in

i barely got any sleep at berlin because of that
Next time just go into the other sleeping room, there was still some place.

@ Kaos:
Next time ask the host when the events start. It´s your own job to be on time.
You could have eaten before the tourney or during the breaks.

Sure they let you at the hospital.
If you are ill you should stay there and let them check you.

BTW, you should have mentioned, that the tourney got delayed 4 hours or sth., because the germans were so friendly and waited for you to come back from the hospital, because they still wanted to let you play the tourney after getting checked at the hospital.
At MLG they disqualifie people after beeing late 15 minutes, lol.

K@0S

Smash Ace
It was a hospital for orthopedic diseases, not really my problem.

I can't see how it could be delayed by 4 hours when I stayed like 1.5 hour (also the longest part was Unski and I waiting for someone to come, only to hear Charby at the phone telling us noone wanted to take us).

And it's easy to compare yourself with the worst and say you're better (for the MLG thing). Seriously you think it would have been normal to dq me from singles because no one wanted to drive me back to the venue ? Wow that would have been really ****ed up if you ask me

Btw there was no breaks during low tiers iirc (yeah, in the end we had not to eat until like 15-16h). We (the frenchies) finished our pool matches and assumed there would have been one before the brackets but appenrently we were wrong

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Wait, your own diseases aren't your problem, what? They're the organizer's problem? You were delaying an entire tournament, whether or not you could help it doesn't matter. Wait, lemme just revise this instead of posting intellectual walls of text:

- You were ill, you're blaming the organizers.

- You were delaying the tournament, you blame the organizers.

- You were expecting people to do all sorts of things for you, including picking you up from the hospital. Few people even knew, the Dutchies had 2 cars and I'm sure someone would've picked you up if we even knew what was going on, did you bother calling anyone? Even if you did, do you expect the ORGANIZERS to leave a stacked venue in order to get you there? 'S not like people would've started crying because you weren't there to play Grand Finals, we weren't relying on you (lol mini wall of text anyway).

- MLG rules aren't the worst lol, lotsa professional gaming tournaments tend to DQ you if you don't show up in 5 minutes.

- Please do not provoke a 5000 word wall of text on what people in general tend to do wrong at tournaments, mostly referring to Bushido, I've already said I don't want to do that but you're really pushing it by blaming the CiB organizers, ESPECIALLY since they hosted a REALLY DECENT tournament.

K@0S

Smash Ace
Remember guys, here is the best way to place better :
- Manage to get a top player sick
- Send that ill top player to the wrong hospital
- Let him here waiting for nothing
- Dq him because he's late lolol
All in that order, true 0-to-death combo

Special thanks to Charby who brought a few medicines, it's thanks to him I'm still alive

And loool about that Bushido crap you said Chair. I'm the one player who (sensfully) criticized Bushido the most by far; the reason you don't know it is because you don't know what's going on on french forums so I don't blame you too much but I find it surprising from you that you seem not to be able to make the difference between an obvious troll/joking post (referring to what I said earlier) and a serious one.

All in all why not just minding about your own business, I won't argue nor respond seriously about that CiB stuff anymore, it was more than 1 year ago and I made it come back with a few random trolls about how I got dq'd from low tiers (ie by going to eat which was the subject at this moment). Sorry if some people got offended.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I would LOVE it if we did a huge international tourney in London and I think it would be pretty cool, but yeah London is really expensive(not as ex*****ve as Paris though iirc) but it depends where you go/what you do...
its very possible to organise a huge one in London though, and entry fees would more than cover the event hosting costs... plus, I think its cheaper/easier to get to London and its pretty easy to get around.

Lionman

Smash Champion
House

Today, House have a Top Smash player in his hospital, House will learn the ways of plank and Tornado while he tries to save Kaos life

Only in Fox

Staco

Smash Champion
I would love to ask .selebu, the host of CiB, about this.
I´m pretty sure he tried his best to get you to the doctor or something like that.

And BTW, the worst thing you (and the other frenchies) are doing, is blaming a whole nation on one tourney.
We are running well organisated tourneys all over germany.
Luma, Akuma etc. are all great hosts, the tourneys were really nice, I think the dutchies will tell you a lot of good stuff about Brawl in Berlin.
And just because you had some trouble at CiB you now blame the whole nation.
If everyone thought like this, nobody would ever go to any smash tourneys again in some time.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
I would LOVE it if we did a huge international tourney in London and I think it would be pretty cool, but yeah London is really expensive(not as ex*****ve as Paris though iirc) but it depends where you go/what you do...
its very possible to organise a huge one in London though, and entry fees would more than cover the event hosting costs... plus, I think its cheaper/easier to get to London and its pretty easy to get around.
housing would be a huge issue and finding a venue where players could sleep there overnight would be very hard and expensive (unless there was a hotel nearby)

Luigi player

Smash Master
Wow this thread is gay.

I don't really care too much where the next big tourney will be since everything is really ****ing far away anyway. :( (how about everyone comes to austria? :D)

Paris was nice but only because of Achoral. :) (not talking about the tourney - that was awesome of course)

B.Mack

Smash Ace
housing would be a huge issue and finding a venue where players could sleep there overnight would be very hard and expensive (unless there was a hotel nearby)
I'm sure theres a fair few hostels or hotels which have a conference room/hall that could be used for the tourney

JUDGE

Smash Lord
pretty sure there will be one in germany,berlin da bess!! :)

Calzorz

Smash Lord
Getting to berlin for me is kinda cool as my dad lives there so iv got housing + a ride to the venue and i can team with kouky... , id like one in u.k then i dont have to fly on a plane for once... , holland would be cool so i can get high after tourny where its legal , paris is fairly easy to get to with eurostar train but sleeping on the street however SUCKS so id want housing , spain i feel like going to spain is for hot weather + pool + beach not tourny where u gona be too hot to sleep at night time especially in a crowded venue...

i dont care where the next 1 is hosted depends on flight prices / if i want to go to that country

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
I would love to ask .selebu, the host of CiB, about this.
I´m pretty sure he tried his best to get you to the doctor or something like that.

And BTW, the worst thing you (and the other frenchies) are doing, is blaming a whole nation on one tourney.
We are running well organisated tourneys all over germany.
Luma, Akuma etc. are all great hosts, the tourneys were really nice, I think the dutchies will tell you a lot of good stuff about Brawl in Berlin.
And just because you had some trouble at CiB you now blame the whole nation.
If everyone thought like this, nobody would ever go to any smash tourneys again in some time.
We all know Hitler was responsible for WW2, but I'm still blaming the whole nation.

Ayoub

Smash Ace
I was thinking about hosting a big tourney in Morocco.

Anyone interested? You must bring your own wii, tv, food, sleeping stuff and ur room tho.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Kaos is such a whiny little ***** sometimes =P

Wait, your own diseases aren't your problem, what? They're the organizer's problem? You were delaying an entire tournament, whether or not you could help it doesn't matter. Wait, lemme just revise this instead of posting intellectual walls of text:

- You were ill, you're blaming the organizers.

- You were delaying the tournament, you blame the organizers.

- You were expecting people to do all sorts of things for you, including picking you up from the hospital. Few people even knew, the Dutchies had 2 cars and I'm sure someone would've picked you up if we even knew what was going on, did you bother calling anyone? Even if you did, do you expect the ORGANIZERS to leave a stacked venue in order to get you there? 'S not like people would've started crying because you weren't there to play Grand Finals, we weren't relying on you (lol mini wall of text anyway).

- MLG rules aren't the worst lol, lotsa professional gaming tournaments tend to DQ you if you don't show up in 5 minutes.

- Please do not provoke a 5000 word wall of text on what people in general tend to do wrong at tournaments, mostly referring to Bushido, I've already said I don't want to do that but you're really pushing it by blaming the CiB organizers, ESPECIALLY since they hosted a REALLY DECENT tournament.
Basically this.

We all know Hitler was responsible for WW2, but I'm still blaming the whole nation.
The killing of more than 6 million people wasn't done by a single person.

K@0S

Smash Ace
Is insulting me for something I said I wouldn't answer the cleverest thing you could come with Tero ):

WW2.. it can make sense

In the end you guys have totally convinced me to go back to Germany especially the germans so gogogo

Tero.

Smash Champion
Don't take things said on a video game board too serious.

Top Bottom