• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Brawl outsell Halo 3 ?

TheMuffinMan0311

Smash Apprentice
SSBM came very close to outselling Halo.
You forget that Melee's sales figures are a result of it being on the shelves for 5+ years, whilst Halo 2 reached those numbers in less than 2, and Halo 3 has surpassed them in 4 months

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/n...llion-halo-3-reaches-81-million-/18979/?biz=1

Brawl makes Halo 3 look like the ET game.
What?

Halo 3:

http://images.slashdot.org/articles/07/09/halo3.jpg

Brawl:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/mball/images/mball04/mball04_070910c-l.jpg

Ares And Enyo

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna go a head and predict right now that worldwide Brawl will out sell both Halo 2 & 3 this year. This year we will see the Super Smash Brother Franchise completely eclipse the worldwide sales of Halo.

jay~B

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna go a head and predict right now that worldwide Brawl will out sell both Halo 2 & 3 this year. This year we will see the Super Smash Brother Franchise completely eclipse the worldwide sales of Halo.
I would like to point out that some people are disappointed, and might not end up buying the game because of....well, R.O.B

Well anyway hopefully over a period of time it will

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
I would like to point out that some people are disappointed, and might not end up buying the game because of....well, R.O.B

Well anyway hopefully over a period of time it will
While I doubt the claim that Brawl will outsell Halo 3 outright, I doubt anyone anywhere will decide not to buy the game because they were disappointed by the roster, let alone decide not to buy it due to the inclusion of a certain character.

Unless it was Tingle. And he was top tier.

Guglio

Smash Apprentice
Halo 3 won't be outsold.

They hyped it up way before it ever began to be sold. I see no advertisement for Brawl.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
Halo 3 won't be outsold.
Yeah it's probably going to be the best selling console game for quite a while.

On a side note, why does Microsoft make it sound like Halo 3 is the best selling game of all time? World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade holds that title. :confused:

courte

Smash Lord
you been to youtube lately?? every 3 rolls on the front page is a brawl video, on top of that the fps market is feeble, most people probably brough Halo 3 and let their friends come over and play, and they'll immediately talk **** about it when a new better game of the genre pops up aka CoD4 [[yes i do hate the FPS genre]]

then again who's to say what until the game comes out

Guglio

Smash Apprentice
Halo 3 had 7Up cans and marketing like a Star Wars Movie, which BTW it did better than.

Good luck SSBB.

...Wii Play is set to outsell Halo 3, H3 is at no point some unprecedented success.

If Brawl sold on Melee levels, it would be ahead of H3.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Please dont confuse copies of the halo 3 game being sold with merchandise such as helmets or mountain dew bottles, theres a difference there and merchandise being sold doesnt add to the total of copies sold.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Didn't Halo 3 have a reel in cinemas?

Nintendo would never do that outside of japan

Which brings me to my main point

Brawl will/is selling like hot cakes in japan, something that Halo could never do.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
Please dont confuse copies of the halo 3 game being sold with merchandise such as helmets or mountain dew bottles, theres a difference there and merchandise being sold doesnt add to the total of copies sold.
Exactly!

Halo 3 only made a lot of cash due to the extra merchandise.
The actual amount of copies sold didn't break any record.

And by the way, no game is gonna come close to the sales of WoW and it's expansions. They have friggin 10 million people playing daily, and most of them will get the new expansion on the day it comes out.

Games like Smash and Halo can only compete for a second place, because the first place is way out of their league.

I just think it's rather funny to see one single game completely overshadowing all other "huge titles". :laugh:

okiyama

Smash Ace
Not enough hype, they don't have commercials in America.

Uh? They're definitely going to have commercials.

Halo 3 got much more hype by unveiling it in a big way(the tatoo) and having all those T Shirts sold with the release date on the back of them.

Halo 3's hype didn't last, and the update system did an amazing job of keeping people hyped.

If it follows the current trend of Smash game's sales it will only have about 7 million sales, 1 million less than halo 3.

Halo 3's not sold 6 million.
this place says it has sold 8.1 million but it is wikipedia so it could be correct or it could be incorrect.

What is your source by the way?

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Exactly!

Halo 3 only made a lot of cash due to the extra merchandise.
The actual amount of copies sold didn't break any record.

And by the way, no game is gonna come close to the sales of WoW and it's expansions. They have friggin 10 million people playing daily, and most of them will get the new expansion on the day it comes out.

Games like Smash and Halo can only compete for a second place, because the first place is way out of their league.

I just think it's rather funny to see one single game completely overshadowing all other "huge titles". :laugh:
People really do have to take a broader looko n sales and not just the games the single handedly like.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Everybody knows that Halo 3 was overrated but nevertheless a good game,
Lets think about it shall we.

The halo 3 campaign sucked Hardcore it was terrible and short, even with the replay value like skulls and achievements, But the online is very very addictive people are online as im writing this obviously.

Super Smash Bros Brawl With online play will connect gamers worldwide for the fun and excitement people had in melee, AND ITS FREE! Dont even get me started on the Subspace emissary with the amount of hard work put into that its almost like a seperate game from normal brawl and melee.

Brawl will outsell halo 3 in copies ONLY! not universal merchandise like mountain dew bottles or helmets.

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
Ummm, Super Mario Bros is the best selling title with 43 million. (Not close to 10 million if you suck at math)

Stop reading wikipedia and assumeing its true, Super Mario Nros. was paired with NES, just like Wii wports is paired with the Wii, so it would have never sold 43 million if it was alone. Besiades, do you truly consider Wii Sports the best selling wii title, becuase it has sold like 12 million copies, or Legend of Zelda because alone it sold like 3 million copies.

NintendoTogepi

Smash Apprentice
Stop reading wikipedia and assumeing its true, Super Mario Nros. was paired with NES, just like Wii wports is paired with the Wii, so it would have never sold 43 million if it was alone. Besiades, do you truly consider Wii Sports the best selling wii title, becuase it has sold like 12 million copies, or Legend of Zelda because alone it sold like 3 million copies.
The best selling Wii title is infact Wii Sports, even though it's bundled.

2. Wii Play
3. Super Mario Galaxy
4. Twilight Princess
5. Not sure, but I think it's Mario Party 8

Wii Sports does not count.

Here's what the ideal top five best-selling games list should be for the Wii:

5. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
4. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
3. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
2. Super Mario Galaxy
1. Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
LAWLZ, I know it was bundeled with the NES. The highest selling game not bundeled was Super Maio Bros 3 I think at around 10 million copies. Though, to be honest, I don't know probably what is the highest non bundeled game out there.

Gojithefox

Smash Cadet
No. Microsoft invested a lot more money into building hype for Halo 3. Brawl's sells will be great, but they won't compare to Halo 3.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
500k+ sales in Japan on day one.

Figure in the US, Europe, and the pacific areas. You have nearly 3 million copies, 2.5 million at the least.

It will definitely do will, and if Nintendo would push the game a little harder it could easily become a must have for the Wii, even for casuals.

On top of that, Halo 3 will probably not keep selling all that well simply because more, better FPS games get released. Brawl is one of a kind though, so it won't be "replaced."

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Everybody knows that Halo 3 was overrated but nevertheless a good game,
Lets think about it shall we.

The halo 3 campaign sucked Hardcore it was terrible and short, even with the replay value like skulls and achievements, But the online is very very addictive people are online as im writing this obviously.

Super Smash Bros Brawl With online play will connect gamers worldwide for the fun and excitement people had in melee, AND ITS FREE! Dont even get me started on the Subspace emissary with the amount of hard work put into that its almost like a seperate game from normal brawl and melee.

Brawl will outsell halo 3 in copies ONLY! not universal merchandise like mountain dew bottles or helmets.
People have said the exact same thing about Subspace Emissary, that it is just a once off beat em up. Attack Live if you want, it's bound to be a lot better than the Smash connectivity is... I'd rather pay a little than nothing for rubbish. Lastly, of course the merch counts, it's all promotional material.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/12/17/halo-3-bought-by-52-of-us-xbox-360-owners/

Fairly reliable account of how much Halo 3 has sold, though quite outdated, though the person talking about WoW is probably correct. 10 million subscribers does not take into account people who've bought the game and discontinued their account, it may be much higher. I doubt Blizzard would ever release the actual figure, it might just show how many people have kicked the addiction. :laugh:

jay~B

Smash Journeyman
No. Microsoft invested a lot more money into building hype for Halo 3. Brawl's sells will be great, but they won't compare to Halo 3.
Nintendo does not need to spend money to hype brawl, take us for example we hype it and we have new people joining every day making almost 90k users, that most likely will buy brawl. The DOJO!! is another form of hyping brawl, the other websites like gametrailers and ign also help to hype it. Hype does not need to be the main source of publicising the game, like in jp, the US will have brawl comercials and then people who didn't know will be like ''OMG another smash bros.?!! How come i didn't know, i want it, I WANT IT NOW!!''There is so many different ways to hype the game and we are part of most of them like BC and smashboards

S2

Smash Lord
Nintendo does not need to spend money to hype brawl, take us for example we hype it and we have new people joining every day making almost 90k users, that most likely will buy brawl. The DOJO!! is another form of hyping brawl, the other websites like gametrailers and ign also help to hype it. Hype does not need to be the main source of publicising the game, like in jp, the US will have brawl comercials and then people who didn't know will be like ''OMG another smash bros.?!! How come i didn't know, i want it, I WANT IT NOW!!''There is so many different ways to hype the game and we are part of most of them like BC and smashboards
Yeah, Brawl is so hyped at this point that spending money to hype it further is probably a waste.

Nintendo actually hypes many of its games by simply not talking about them. Keeping fan's speculating. The dojo is more hype than probably any other Nintendo game in existence.

Top Bottom