• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Brawl outsell Halo 3 ?

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Brawl has a good chance of outselling Halo 3 worldwide. And to all the ******* going "FANBOY OMG u h8in' on HALO OMGZ", this isn't comparing the games, just the sales. Calm down, fanboys, it's not that serious.

Arcsine

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sercerfer
I see brawl outselling halo 3 over time.

Given the epic amount of hype halo 3 had in NA and EU I severely doubt brawl will beat it's one week sales record but it seems that beyond the first hype month halo 3 really stoped moving copies (ofcourse is this mainly because of CoD4 IMHO) .

Brawl will be a title that almost every wii owner is going to pick up and is going to be the definitive "must have" game for new Wii owners.

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
super smash bros. brawl and halo 3 will go down in history as the best games of all time.end of story.

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
Of course it will. Smash has Japan, and Halo doesn't.

Smash won't sell as well here because Halo 3 was promoted so well, but international I fully expect Brawl to do better.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Of course it will. Smash has Japan, and Halo doesn't.

Smash won't sell as well here because Halo 3 was promoted so well, but international I fully expect Brawl to do better.
You have a point there. It has sold very well in Japan and it'll sell better here than in Japan because we have more people here.

gangstajuice02

Smash Ace
brawl is funner better in many ways!!! Everyone still plays Smash 64 i still play it 24/7 so does all my cousins and all my friends and it's been going on for almost 10 YEARS!!!!!!!! And people got bored of playing Halo! So Smash bros. is more successfull in many ways!!!!!!!

Stompman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just talked to a friend last night who works at Game Crazy, he said over 120 people have preordered at his store, and also said that's about on par for what he saw with Halo 3. He also told me he would get me a copy early if I could pay the $1000 fine he would be charged for preselling it and get him a new job, Stompman getting Brawl early deconfirmed :urg:.

gangstajuice02

Smash Ace
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
i doubt brawl will beat halo, but brawl will be a much better game than halo 3.

imo halo 1 was an awesome game, but 2 sucked, and my friends that are intense halo fans (even liked 2) did not like 3 at all, and regret buying the game at all (let alone legendary, which each one bought)

Dracandros

Smash Cadet
Brawl will probably outsell Halo a few months after it reaches Europe. Europe has more gamers than America and Japan combined, so they'll do all of the determining for us.

Australia really counts too, but I don't know when they'll get the game either. ~6 million shouldn't be too hard (because I think Halo is about 8 mil and Japan has sold almost 2 mil already).

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
hopefully brawl will out sell halo 3.

halo is an uninspired series that doesn't deserve half as much credit as it gets, everything considered halo is just an "ok" first person shooter. why it gets so much prais? i have no idea.

jay~B

Smash Journeyman
hopefully brawl will out sell halo 3.

halo is an uninspired series that doesn't deserve half as much credit as it gets, everything considered halo is just an "ok" first person shooter. why it gets so much prais? i have no idea.
It's kicka$$ storyline, thats why. You have to be hardcore for that game, but with brawl you could just be casual and still love the game.

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
I think brawl will outsell hallo 3 becouse its nintendo and its rating is a lot lower

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
wow haha as I read past these last few pages I started noticing the number of halo 3 defender's diminishing hahaha it like every page is this
"brawl will definatly outsell halo 3"
"of course brawl will outsell it!"
"I think brawl has the chance to outsell H3"and so on,haha mission complete boy's it look's like we've converted all H3 fan's :laugh:,now all we need to do is play the waiting game till our live's are given meaning again XD

jay~B

Smash Journeyman
wow haha as I read past these last few pages I started noticing the number of halo 3 defender's diminishing hahaha it like every page is this
"brawl will definatly outsell halo 3"
"of course brawl will outsell it!"
"I think brawl has the chance to outsell H3"and so on,haha mission complete boy's it look's like we've converted all H3 fan's :laugh:,now all we need to do is play the waiting game till our live's are given meaning again XD
*Cries & sobs* Simply one of the best comments in my thread *Breaks into tears*

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
Halo does NOT have a good storyline.

Video game stories need to stop being rated against other video game stories, and start being rated against stories from literature and movies, simply because video games have become a medium of similar magnitude (in today's culture, not in the scope of history, of course).

Halo's characters are static, and it is completely plot-driven fiction. It is junk food for the brain.

Hopefully my game's story will be a little different. But that is neither here nor there.

Top Bottom