• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Stopsign

Smash Ace
Nintendo never said anything about not having 2 analog sticks. But there is most likely going to be some sort of gyroscopic technology in it.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
gyroscopes, you mean?

people base the off the large amount of shares they bought from and involvement with a company that works in gyroscopic technology.

however, if you are asking a rhetorical question( and i believe this is the more likely situation), then i agree that having a gyroscope in the controller doesn't make sense if there are two sticks. It goes against nintendo's promise of simplification.

I think we can expect one stick and built in gyroscope, maybe with two normal buttons, and a couple of grip buttons. probably something else though.

w00t, 700 posts.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
How can we expect it? They have not said anything about what the controller will DEFINETLY have, except for it being wireless.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If its just SPECULATION then we have no reason to EXPECT IT. There's been speculation it would be a VR helmet. Should we expect that?

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
mic_128 said:
If its just SPECULATION then we have no reason to EXPECT IT. There's been speculation it would be a VR helmet. Should we expect that?
UH OH! Looks like somebody didn't have their afternoon nap today... :p

What about little touch pads rather than analog sticks (ie a little circle you touch instead of a stick)...it was used in one of the fake concepts...it doesn't really have any advantage over a stick, but it would be cool nontheless...

Hawkeyes

Smash Cadet
Wouldn't gyroscopes pump up the price? Isn't that what Nintendo is trying to avoid? Imagine a $60 controller...I don't think the Rev's controller will have gyroscopes.

linkteen

Smash Rookie
NNID
AzureParagon
But what is a gyroscope?I mean that I also haven't seen the controller of Nintendo Revolution but what is a gyroscope?

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
It detects movement or something. Play WarioWare: Twisted or Yoshi: Topsy Turvy to use it first hand (NOTE: Don't play those games on the Gameboy Player! Heh Heh). Hawkeyes, You are right, gyroscopes would pump the price. They'd be cool, but they'd pump the price. Same with a touch screen controller (but imagine it: you could move the buttons around. And if you were playing an NES game, an NES controller would appear on the touch screen...cool...*drools*)

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Hawkeyes said:
Wouldn't gyroscopes pump up the price? Isn't that what Nintendo is trying to avoid? Imagine a $60 controller...I don't think the Rev's controller will have gyroscopes.
When you think about it too, the current controllers already cost enough. $35 for a Cube controller. $25 for PS2. $30 for Xbox.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
what r you talking about cashed?i got a new wavebird at Sears for $25

normal cube controllers are no more than 25$ at EB games or GameStop.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Doggalina said:
(but imagine it: you could move the buttons around. And if you were playing an NES game, an NES controller would appear on the touch screen...cool...*drools*)
Cool, but impractical. I'd rather just hold the thing in my hands, but maybe I'm not thinking 'revolutionarily'. Call me old fashioned, but I still think the NES controller was the best one, mostly because you could throw the thing if you got pissed at dying in Metroid for the millionth time.

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you go to EBgames.com the standard controller prices are GC = $25, PS2 = $25, and Xbox = $30.

Sigh... it's great that Nintendo's being innovative and everything but... how can I put this... "remember VirtualBoy?" I kinda feel this controller bussiness is headed in the same direction...

Bahamut said:
Call me old fashioned, but I still think the NES controller was the best one, mostly because you could throw the thing if you got pissed at dying in Metroid for the millionth time.
Basic control setup yes, but when was the last time anyone here actually picked up an old NES controller. It. Is. A. Plastic. Square. Whenever I pick one up nowadays (a guy in my college dorm still has his NES, wild), I always feel like I'm gonna break the plasic in my hands trying to get it to conform to the shape of my hands (like the GCN controller or even the N64 controller does).

TranquilStarfall

Smash Journeyman
Yah conforming to your hands is probably the most important comfort feature of a controller, next to it's button layout....Nes controller is cool tho rofl for throwing around. So cheap and plasticky

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Hmmm... New rumors. At the upcoming E3-like event in Germany, Nintendo will giving speeches and showing off new games for Cube, GBA, DS... possible Revolution info to be released?

----
Metroid Prime 3 article from 1up.com:

Digging up anything on Revolution is hard enough, with poorly designed Photoshops and 'insider' theories sneaking through forums and websites every day. We know even less about what the company has planned in terms of software, though Nintendo did confirm Metroid Prime 3 as a Revolution release at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo.

Because 1UP loves you, we've managed to dig up a bit more on Retro Studios' plans for the next first-person Samus Aran adventure. An all-new interview with the team comes from from Luminoth Temple, an exclusive, Nintendo-sponsored information hub for Metroid fanatics, full of vague details about Metroid Prime 3. Thanks to Demi over at the Gaming Age Forums for confirming this.

As you'd expect, Retro Studios won't delve into specifics about what exactly makes Revolution different from other next-generation consoles, but Metroid Prime 3 itself will reportedly take "advantage of a number of new features in the Revolution, including the controller." The rest of the interview, however, forgoes any more Revolution tidbits.

The interview hints that Metroid Prime 3 will end a trilogy of sorts, as the the third game's storyline will center on closure "told against the backdrop of an epic struggle," suggesting Samus will not be the only one battling the dangerous Metroid threat this time around. Also, the mysterious substance known as Phazon will again play a heavy role.

Though the Revolution will supposedly offer a different kind of gaming experience through its interface, gamers shouldn't expect a radical shift in gameplay dynamics. Rather, Metroid Prime 3 will continue the first-person action adventure the series has become known for, and there are no plans to add a third-person viewpoint outside of the morph ball. What about the disappointing multiplayer from Metroid Prime 2: Echoes? No word at this point.

Rumors continue to suggest the hardware behind Nintendo's new machine won't match up to the raw power of PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, but Retro remains casual about the game's visual potential. "Our engineers are a very talented and dedicated bunch, and they're constantly looking for ways to make our games run smoother with more detail."

While the main Metroid theme isn't as popular as Zelda or Mario's, fans have always held the series tunes close to their heart, and Retro doesn't aim to disappoint this time around. "Music production hasn't yet begun, but we've already had some very exciting discussions with Kenji Yamamoto, who will return as the composer for Prime 3. We hope to take the music into some new directions for this title, and there's no doubt Mr. Yamamoto is going to relish the challenge."

In spite of all that's been said, Retro's cleverly avoided saying very much about what to expect from Metroid Prime 3, but considering how secretive Nintendo's been since May, we'll take any tidbits we can get.

http://1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3142530

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
back to the expenses issue, i just want to point out that this would notbe nintendo's policy. having a cheap system but expensive controllers will not be an issue, i guarentee you.

if it is, i will personall strangle Mr. Iwata with my bare hands.

as to MP3, whoop-dee-****ing-doo. that was nothing new, and I personally thought the MP games got old real fast.

eMs

Smash Apprentice
Well, seeing how the MP3 is going to be the last in the series, you don't have to worry about that much longer. x]

I just am wondering why they didn't just make the Twilight Princess for the Rev. because they are comming out with Zelda game for the Rev. Nintendo is confusing sometimes.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
eMs said:
Well, seeing how the MP3 is going to be the last in the series, you don't have to worry about that much longer. x]

I just am wondering why they didn't just make the Twilight Princess for the Rev. because they are comming out with Zelda game for the Rev. Nintendo is confusing sometimes.
Uh, you answered your own question. The GameCube still has a bit of life (till Rev) and needs games coming out for it. A lot of Zelda fans were disappointed with Wind Waker and requested a realistic Zelda. Nintendo is trying to win back the fans they disappointed. Also, Iwata thinks TP is up to par with 360 and PS3 graphics. Sorry Iwata, TP looks great, but the textures don't match 360 and PS3's.

I want some teasers for games. :C

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Also, the game's nearly complete, why on earth would they suddenly pull it apart and redo most of it for Rev?

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Originally posted by me? More like Kokichi. And yeah, the image is fake, the actual Revolution has a corner clipped off and as you can see in that picture, that's a box. Also, where is the grey holder?

eMs

Smash Apprentice
mic_128 said:
Also, the game's nearly complete, why on earth would they suddenly pull it apart and redo most of it for Rev?
Perhaps your not understanding or I'm not making my statements clear; I think that they never should have shown the TP for the GCN, instead, develped it FROM THE BEGINNING for the Rev. And to whoever said I answered my own question: wtf is wrong with you, I don't ask questions that I already know.

PS3 > or = Rev > XBOX360

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
eMs said:
Perhaps your not understanding or I'm not making my statements clear; I think that they never should have shown the TP for the GCN, instead, develped it FROM THE BEGINNING for the Rev. And to whoever said I answered my own question: wtf is wrong with you, I don't ask questions that I already know.

PS3 > or = Rev > XBOX360
How can you already know the Greater Than order when none of the systems are out and there's basically no information on the Revolution out right now.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
omg wtf is wrong with me. eMs, why would you say "wtf is wrong with you" when I answered your question. You did answer your own question when you said, "because they are comming out with Zelda game for the Rev." Iwata has said there are new Metroid, Mario and Zelda games in the works. You'll likely see a new Zelda for the Rev not too long after launch. Why would they want to release two Zelda games close to launch for the Rev? They're trying to gain back the fans they lost from Wind Waker with Twilight Princess.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
actually, KI, yours is the most convincing-looking ad yet. You haven't missed much.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
well, a couple things give it away.

1) the obvious- its a GC controller
2) Revolution is only a codename
3) in all previous nintendo consoles, X is always left of Y.
4) they simply replaced the c-stick with a scroll ball.

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
Those are clearly Xbox controller buttons.

Also the really ****ty tagline gives it away easily, it doesn't even make any sense.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
yeah, that would have been great, but you'd need to either have a wireless controler with it or say commands into the mike.

too expensive though.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
As long as they don't make games based around a mic...again (*cough*Mario Party 6*cough*). It's so easy to cheat in MP6's mic games. (if you don't have the mic). You just scream and make noise the whole time so the mic gets "confused". Actually, it's quite fun!

Doggalina

Smash Lord
It could. Remember: Nintendo said that DS was just a codename and they would change it.

In my opinion, some things that would help Nintendo:
A good launch title (check)
A cheap price tag (if they could get it under $200, that'd help a lot).
Crystal Chronicles has to be good! (The one for GC, was...hmmm...mediocre)

I think Nintendo could do what Sony did with Playstation (make their games cheaper than their competitors). If they could make games that cost $40, that'd help a lot. No HD=cheaper price for developers and consumers alike.

Top Bottom