• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
bball2012 said:
$250 is a really bad idea and it's pretty absurd to even fathom it. I mean, really, the most expensive Nintendo console ever with the smallest leap in technological ability?
One word: inflation. The GCN was $200, and a $50 difference isn't that much in those years. Also Mic, I understand your point, but with Nin trying to appeal to a (much) larger demographic this round, parents and grandparents that are buying the Wii for their (grand)kids and themselves for something to do together will see that $50 as a much bigger difference than an avid gamer, especially when considering that most kids under 15 don't seem to buy their own games and consoles.

One more thing I just wanted to add, that I did find that strange about the difference's in prices. You'd think the US would have higher shipping costs just because of being farther, but I'm sure there are more factors there than I'm aware of.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
Small leap in technology? your dumb.....WTF do u call VC? WTF do u call a controler u get to move around? WTF do u call having a system thats better graphics than an XBOB but only being 1/4 its size? Suck a D....u know nothing.

kaid

Smash Master
GM... that's refinement, not advancement.

VC is simply programming, a one time lump expence that does not directly affect the price of the console.
The Wiimote Peripheral is advancement, but Graphics and everything else is simply more of the same, but redone the way it should have been. Hindsight is always 20/20

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The Great Marth said:
Small leap in technology? your dumb.....WTF do u call VC? WTF do u call a controler u get to move around? WTF do u call having a system thats better graphics than an XBOB but only being 1/4 its size? Suck a D....u know nothing.
Wow. If you post like that again you're out of the Light House. Also, it's nothing amazing that the Wii will have better graphics than the original Xbox and be smaller. That's five year old technology, I hope it's smaller.

vZakat

Half Genie
The price of the Wii isn't officially $250 dollars. Nintendo only said that it wouldn't cost more then that but everyone seems to be thinking that is the price. Many stores in Japan that are taking preorders are asumming the price to be 18,000 yen ($160).

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
I heard other reports that they were taking preorders assuming a 25,000 yen starting point ($222). But still, nobody knows for sure at this point, so I say just sit back and wait until the Big N releases some final details, including release date.

I'm still banking on a $200 price point though. Tradition ftw.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Omnigamer said:
I heard other reports that they were taking preorders assuming a 25,000 yen starting point ($222). But still, nobody knows for sure at this point, so I say just sit back and wait until the Big N releases some final details, including release date.

I'm still banking on a $200 price point though. Tradition ftw.
Plenty of rumors goin around lately. $200 sounds most possible to me. If they go for the $200 mark I would expect to see a $250 package with mabe a game and/or acessories. I know Im going to be spending atleast $300 no matter what the price is going to be. I just want to walk out of EB with a Wii, Twilight Princess, and mabe Red Steel or Metroid. I'll make my bro buy his own **** wiimote.

Hey. Anybody know what colors the Wii will come in?

LowRoad75

Smash Rookie
Vulpine51 said:
Plenty of rumors goin around lately. $200 sounds most possible to me. If they go for the $200 mark I would expect to see a $250 package with mabe a game and/or acessories. I know Im going to be spending atleast $300 no matter what the price is going to be. I just want to walk out of EB with a Wii, Twilight Princess, and mabe Red Steel or Metroid. I'll make my bro buy his own **** wiimote.

Hey. Anybody know what colors the Wii will come in?
Yah probably, the 200 to 300 mark is my bet. But not like I ever buy a system freshly released anyway. I'm just a cheapskate I guess lol, I got my PS2 for 100$ 1 year after it was released by jus watching the pawn shops hehe. Anyway about the colors my guess would be the traditional colors black, grey, blue, etc.

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
If Nintendo chooses just one color to release I'd think it would be white since thats really the only color you see anymore. As for price I'm betting on $200.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
The Great Marth said:
WTF do you call grammar? WTF do you call spellcheck?

.... aaannyyywaayy.. It's going to be great, despite it's small technological jump past the last series of consoles. But that's not why I want a Wii. I want it because it's a gaming machine: Not a computer minus the keyboard and mouse. If nintendo remains a company that makes games rather than over-hyped repeats with slightly polished graphics, it will be worth well over $250.00.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Zink said:
The colors I've seen were red, green, blue, white, and black. I believe those are the official colors.
True, but I don't think they've said that any of those colours are final.

bball2012

BRoomer
BRoomer
In a new interview, Nintendo prez Iwata talked about Virtual Console pricing, saying that a new game made for VC might retail for 500 yen (that's $5). Bodes well for the prices of classic downloads. Nintendo has previously said that VC was more an added value for the consumer than an intense revenue stream for the company, so maybe we'll see everything at 5 bucks or less? Pretty please?

Personally, after their wild GBA repackaging exploits, I think Nintendo has no shame. I'll just go on thinking $3 NES, $5 SNES, $10 N64 and avoid disappointment.

Stopsign

Smash Ace
I'm betting the pricing scheme will be something like this

3.00$ = NES, SMS, and TG 16 games
5.00$ = SNES and Genesis
8.00$ = N64

That would be the best situation for us gamers. So I don't think thats going to happen. :(

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
I doubt Nintendo would have a monthly fee, because all a gamer would have to do is wait a year (when all the games that are going to be released for the VC are released) then subscribe for one month to the service and download every single game on the database...Nintendo would feel completely jipped: over 600 games for one monthly fee of $30-$60? Nintendo would lose out big time. On the plus-side, if Nintendo was to do this, I would not be disappointed, as I would do exactly that.

Zink

Smash Champion
Who knows? I'd expect they wouldn't have to use much space on virus protection, and I'd expect a very simplistic and user-friendly browser.

Zink

Smash Champion
Just to point out-
Wii= 3 letters
revo= 4 letters

Wii is both the correct name AND faster to type. :)

Not to be mean or anything.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
And Zink I am really not trying to be mean either, but whenever you've posted something like that about not knowing what a revo is, I was sure you were joking until I read the next few posts. Got me every time.

Also, I don't understand what the 8th entry on that site, the one on Sony's motion sensing remote, has to do with the Wii's release date, but I'm exhausted right now and can hardly think, so for all I know, that wasn't even the right entry. The comments on it were all really good, though.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
rhey added more since i posted the site...so ignor the "8th entry" i said. just keep reading till u find it says the revo will be released in november.

Zink

Smash Champion
but whenever you've posted something like that about not knowing what a revo is, I was sure you were joking until I read the next few posts. Got me every time.
You were right the first time. I WAS joking. Or rather, I was just trying to get Marth to use the right name. IE if nobody reacts to the name "revo" he will stop using it. :lick:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The Great Marth said:
it says the revo will be released in november.
It may say it, it doesn't make it true. Q4's the closest we have to a date.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
i was just saying from what i posted. it seems like the revo may be out in november....

and by any chance do any of you have the specs for the revo or the wii-mote?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
It's the Wii. Get used to it.

The Opera browser is awesome. Much better than Internet Explorer, and I like it better than Firefox. You can download it for free.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Found some prototype disigns for the Wiimote. Rather interesting.

Zink

Smash Champion
Wow... that top right one has that odd configuration. Looks like they weren't afaid to try a far-out design.
Maybe I'll check out Opera. How virus proof is it? I know Firefox is good and IE is bad. Where does O fall?

Top Bottom