• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Besides, most viruses act based upon the OS. People would have to go the extra mile to make viruses for console and handheld OSs, especially considering the supreme lack of access to memory.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
But it would still be possible to make a virus to attack online consoles. Chances are that nobody would ever really want to do it, but one has to ask why people would make any kind of virus...

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
stump toe, hurt your funny bone, trip on banana, see some one jump cause they were scared.....ect.....that kind of misfortune bring happy times to others...

virus....same thing. some one makes them because its sure to bring bad things upon the person that recieves the virus. and its funny to the person who sent the virus.

nmaster64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nmaster64
3DS FC
4210-3983-6182
Nintendo's Management Policy Briefing: New Wii Info

I just posted this on my website, and there's a couple juicy things here, thought you all might wanna read:

Nwizard.com/Nmaster64 said:
Nintendo held a Management Policy Briefing this morning in Japan, where Nintendo of Japan President Satoru Iwata revealed some rather interesting new tidbits on the Wii, including: the price of Virtual Console games, selling the Wii at a loss, and the announcement of the Wii's launch date announcement.

No, you didn't read that wrong (or maybe you did, in which case, pay more attention), Nintendo has announced the announcement for the launch date of the Wii, which will come in September. So we still don't actually know the release date for the console itself is (although you can bet it'll hit before the PS3's Nov. 17th launch), but now we know when they are going to tell us the release date.

We also have reason to believe the price will be announced alongside it, although that part is a little bit lost in translation.

Iwata also made mention of the Virtual Console pricing, and said games would likely go for between 500 and 1,000 yen (roughly $4-$8). We're expecting 5 bucks a game in the U.S.

The president further discussed the Wii and it's connectivity with the DS, saying players would not only be able to download demos and such from the Wii to the DS, but that the DS could act as a sort of touch-screen controller for it's console cousin.

Pokemon Revolution was also confirmed. Following shortly after the new DS Pokemon games, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, not much is known about the Wii game other than it's slated to launch this year.

Ending on what truly is probably the most important note of the conference, Iwata confirmed that the Wii would in fact be sold on a loss, although he said "we are not expecting an enormous loss." Anyone familiar with the financials of the GameCube era knows that if Nintendo won the console war in any fashion, it's on the fact they made quite a bit more money being the only system not sold at a loss initially. This fact is quite impactful, and means Nintendo's certianly got confidence on the Wii, which is backed by Nintendo's plan to have sold over 6 million of the system by April '07.

Source: Famitsu (JP)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Wow, an announcement for an announcement. Cool news though, good fins.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Man, this console becomes more amazing with every announcement they make. I'm no longer concerned that Brawl won't launch this year; the mere though of a machine with all this potential being in my living room gives me a sense of euphoria.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Pokemon for the Wii? Dag yo. That's awesome. The video was very cool, and the graphics looked great.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Marth, that information has been out for a while and is a) unsubstantiated and b)very likely false.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The Black Wii

And something insanly cool, for us Aussies anyway.

It'll probably be Wii Sports, but hey, I'd be happy with that.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Aw crap are they preordering here already?

Man, that black looks nice, but so does the white. I can't choose!

Chill

Red
BRoomer
That pokemon vid was pretty cool. GameFreak needs make a 'real' pokemon game for the Wii. Anybody besides the colloseum developers really.

bball2012

BRoomer
BRoomer
Chill said:
That pokemon vid was pretty cool. GameFreak needs make a 'real' pokemon game for the Wii. Anybody besides the colloseum developers really.
What really excites me about the Pokemon game is that if such a talentless company as the makers of Pokemon Stadium (Genus Sorority?) can make Wii games look that nice, then the graphics might not be so horrible afterall. This game lends even more credence to the rumor that only Nintendo has been using final devkits thus far. Maybe Red Steel = not total suckage this fall?

I think I read on IGN that you'll be able to hook up Pokemon Diamond/Peral with Pokemon Battle Revolution so that you can watch your D/P battles in all their 3D glory. That would be, in a word, ****ing sick. (okay, two words)

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
i was under the impression that the only thing battle revolutions did was make diamond/pearl 3d and give them online versus mode. Based on what was said(from IGN anyways) it seemed like battle revolutions isn't a game in itself, just something to make diamond and pearl kickass. It is the first example of DS/Wii connectivity, and it seems much more interesting than crystal chronicles(i liked 4 swords though).

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Yeah Red Steel could definitely own if they make the online work well enough. They need to have all the functionality of the Halo system (LAN cables + Online with 16 players, customized profiles, etc. etc.), but with more kick-*** modes.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
This was found on IGN:

"June 12, 2006 - At the Electronics Entertainment Expo 2006 last May in Los Angeles, Sony announced that its forthcoming PlayStation 3 console would debut worldwide on November 17 of this year. The company also revealed the console's two price points. Nintendo, on the other hand, was much vaguer about its new generation Wii console, choosing only to say that it would be less expensive than competitors and would arrive around the globe sometime in the "fourth quarter."

Despite what the Big N has said publicly, publishers and developers have prepping many of their Wii titles for an October release. This in of itself is not proof that Wii will also debut in October, but the data certainly doesn't conflict with the argument.
On top of everything else, this week industry sources have relayed that - in something of a surprise attack -- "Nintendo is planning to launch Wii before PlayStation 3." The latest word jives with publisher release calendars, whose Wii titles are scheduled in many cases for a mid-to-late October debut or, in some cases, very early November.

Unsubstantiated rumors around the Web have further suggested that Wii could debut on November 6 of this year. IGN Wii is unable to validate these reports.

Whether Wii launches in October or in early November, it seems clear that the system is on track to debut earlier than expected, and if the latest reports are to be believed, in advance of rival Sony's PlayStation 3. A two-to-three week headstart on PS3 could give the significantly cheaper Wii an even greater advantage."

If this is true, Nintendo could be making a pretty smart move. It also gives everyone a chance to buy me a Wii for my birthday in November :). Ironicly my birthday is on the 17th and I have little intrest in the PS3 (mostly because i know nobody would spend that much on little ol' me).

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Vulpine51 said:
If this is true, Nintendo could be making a pretty smart move. It also gives everyone a chance to buy me a Wii for my birthday in November :). Ironicly my birthday is on the 17th and I have little intrest in the PS3 (mostly because i know nobody would spend that much on little ol' me).
My birthday is on the 18th, so I have a similar good timing. Historically, Nintendo has released some of its finest software on hardware on or very close to that date, so I've been fairly lucky with my timing :D

But I agree about about the rumor of an October release... a jumpstart on the market means much more than just an advance in sales, it means more time to spread the name and news to other potential consumers before they're able to see both consoles on the shelves and compare. I would imagine an all-new TV commercial marketing plan is underway as well.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master

codename revolution said:
While the classic controller (which can be used for Super Smash Bros. Brawl) is well known by now to be made for the Wii, according to the source below the latest issue of Edge magazine shows off the ‘mystery suitcase’ that was shown to the press at E3 which reveals retro replica controllers of the original NES, SNES, GEN, TG16 and N64 gamepads. These replicas will connect to the Wii-mote, this way you can take advantage of the full old-school experience.
Although the prospect of buying all of these attachments separately does not appeal to me, I would find it kinda cool to play the VC games on their original controllers...

If this is true, I don't think these attachments will be the only option available, since the classic controller has already been shown off, and the wiimote has purposefully been designed to funtion as a NES controller.

Top Bottom