• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Chill said:
Super Mario Galaxy is finally bringing 2 player back into the main series and that was one of the things I was really hoping for. I just don't know how much I like this "outer space" idea.
Dont worry about it. There are actual land levels just like the ones in the previous games. The only difference will be that it takes place in outer space instead of worlds in a castle. As for Paris Hilton, as long as she is in the Sony or MS stations, we might actually get more people to come to the Nintendo booths.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
BIG NEWS. From IGN.

Nintendo just pulled a fast one on us. At an after-hours press briefing a mere minute ago, the company pulled another ace out of its sleeve: Smash Bros. Brawl -- the next installment in Nintendo's popular Super Smash Bros. series.

Details are just now rolling in, but we have confirmed the following playable characters:

Pit (Kid Icarus)

Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)

Zero Suit Samus (Metroid)

Meta-Knight (Kirby)

More as it breaks.

Who says Sonic can't be included now?

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Chill said:
BIG NEWS. From IGN.

Nintendo just pulled a fast one on us. At an after-hours press briefing a mere minute ago, the company pulled another ace out of its sleeve: Smash Bros. Brawl -- the next installment in Nintendo's popular Super Smash Bros. series.

Details are just now rolling in, but we have confirmed the following playable characters:

Pit (Kid Icarus)

Meta-Knight (Kirby)

More as it breaks.

NO WAI!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! SMASH!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry.

Spam attacks aside, wow, are you serious about this? You sure IGN isn't pulling our strings?

Oh yea and if this is real, in your face McWii. :p

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Chill said:
BIG NEWS. From IGN.

Pit (Kid Icarus)

Meta-Knight (Kirby)

More as it breaks.

Chill... April 1st was over a month ago.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Chill said:
lol GoldShadow is not a believer. :-(
Chill, May 12 was over -2 days ago.

But seriously, alright, so it's (perhaps) true. Even then, I don't see the big deal. It's a year away (at least) and there are nothing but a couple screenshots, which might end up being NOTHING like the actual game, and about 18 words of official information on it.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Man, this is hectic. The sad thing is, I'm going on a trip tomorrow, so I wont have comp access as much as I would have wanted to.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
GoldShadow said:
Chill, May 12 was over -2 days ago.

But seriously, alright, so it's (perhaps) true. Even then, I don't see the big deal. It's a year away (at least) and there are nothing but a couple screenshots, which might end up being NOTHING like the actual game, and about 18 words of official information on it.
Actually I agree with you. The only thing is it's been years that we've waited for a sequel. Plus it looked for awhile like they wouldn't even mention the game. I can't help but be excited if only for a short while.

All in favor of having McFox change his name to McWrong raise your hand.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Chill, that link isn't working for me... Which is probably a good thing, cause I already crapped my pants...

... SNAKE!? I mean... I guess that's cool... but...

. . . SNAKE!?!?!

PS: There better be a plane-associated level - like the Great Fox so Nintendo can make a Snakes on a Plane scenario for event matches! :laugh:

Gonzales

Smash Journeyman
Wario... Fart.... BOOYAH!

Seriously, looks amazing. I'm gonna die waiting for this.

Zero Suit Samus is kind of weird, though.

BILLY AGE 8

Smash Cadet
hahaha, i bet you all are sorry to hear,

i am back....

just would like to say that i saw the new controller design, and i have to say MUCH BETTER!!!!!

extreme relief on my part. dont care what you think...

by the way, it was my little brother trying to get an account after i got banned, i mean come on, do you really think i would be dumb enought to one use my own computer to make a new one on the very same day as my banning, and two, get on and start agreeing with billy out of nowhere. uhh, no i am much smarter than that. my brother on the other hand, not.

well, i gots lots of reading to do to catch up with all thats happened in my week absence.

germ

Smash Cadet
holy......crap i just watched that video for the new smash bros and.....oh my gosh.... i am getting a wii no matter what, even if i have to steal one.

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
the brawl has begun...
excited?........................................................................................oh yea.

BILLY AGE 8

Smash Cadet
I saw the trailor for SSB3, it looks great, it will be one of the reasons i get the wii.

by the way, germ, your banner, it needs a 4 pronged fork! unless someone got kicked out that i didnt hear about.

LeX

Smash Cadet
Paranoid_Android said:
Are those the confirmed online interface for the Wii? It would suck, but with such a big smashboards community and pool of smashing friends, it would only be a minor annoyance to work around.

I don't have a DS but can someone tell me how the buddy codes work? Is it a pain in the *** to use if they setup the same system on Wii?

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
I sure hope Nintendo keeps manufacturing gamecube controllers...for those who don't have any, it would suck to have to search around in second hand stores and stuff to find a pre used controller with a wobbly joystick...

And does anybody know if the Wii will support the Wavebird?

Also, has there been any news about how the whole controller assignment thing with the blue lights and stuff works? For example, if Billy brought his Wii controller to a friend's place, would he be able to use his controller as player 2, because he really likes to be player 2? So far, I haven't seen any buttons or anything that resembles the channels thing on the wavebird, so I guess it would have to be all worked out in the software itself, which would be kind of lame :\

Top Bottom