• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

greenblob

Smash Lord
Speaking of the 14th of September...does anyone know the exact time when the info will be released? Japan is about 12 hours (plus or minus a few) ahead of the US, so I'm kinda hoping that we'll get the info on the 13th.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
hmmm...I didnt think about that. It is possible that some sites may hold back info until the 14th but then again there's always a leak somewhere.

Fox P McCloud

Smash Apprentice
the component cables allow you to use progressive scan on an enhanced or high definition television...which ultimately results in a much clearer picture.

Anyway, it's a shame CRTs are being phased out--they're superior in every way to Plasmas, LCDs, and even DLPs...they have only two disadvantages: they're bulky and the max size is 36". You say they don't make HDTV CRTs? Think again: the highest quality picture on the market is the Sony KD-36XS955 36" Trinitron Wega, flatscreen CRT television (flat screen, but not flat TV).

Anyway, component is good for endhance definition, but HDMI and DVI are ultimately best for true, high-defintion pictures.

and the switchover isn't until 2009...sadly...*sigh* I wish it were sooner.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I think HD is not going to be a major force for another five years or so, anyway- by then I expect 60%-70% of the market for TV and accompanying accessories to be HD oriented.
Alos, 2 days to go.
It'll be sooner than five years. The difference between SD and HD is huge. I'm amazed whenever I get to play games on my friend's HDTVs... then I come home and play them on my SDTV and sulk. The clearity on HDTVs is crazy.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Funny. I have a Sony CRT and it works fine, but when it eventually breaks down, I may get an HD LCD TV, if that's the right term for it.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
When it comes to general programming, I'm amazed at HD's clarity. . .for anyone that cares, I was watching the "Actual Items" skit on Conan O'Brian, where they show what appears to be a normal advertisement at long range, then zoom in for a detailed look at a deliberate oddity/typo, etc. HD was so clear that I could actually read the super-small text on the ad before the camera zoomed in. Scary.

It'll be sooner than five years. The difference between SD and HD is huge. I'm amazed whenever I get to play games on my friend's HDTVs... then I come home and play them on my SDTV and sulk. The clearity on HDTVs is crazy.
Cashed, what games are you playing on HD? I'm running 480p games (like Smash and GGXX) on my HDTV, and quite frankly, it's not a signficant upgrade when compared to S-video. . .which disappointed me. Then again, if I was playing some X-Box game in 720p, then I'm sure the difference would be noticeable.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
Schedule for Nintendo’s Wii Press Events
September 12th, 2006
The following are the (Eastern Time) times for Nintendo conferences being held this week in Tokyo, New York and London:

Tokyo - Wednesday - 8:00pm-2:00am (Thurs)
New York - Thursday - 10:00am-4:00pm
London - Friday - 7:00am-1:00pm

It has been reported several times that the events are of great importance. The Price and Release Date are to be revealed and new Wii details as well. Let us hope Nintendo delivers by the end of the week.

from codenamerevolution.com

Skywalker

Space Jump
But I have this . . . desire to learn about it ASAP. In spite of that, school's a bit more important. :p

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The actual presentation will be at 9am Eastern time (the US presentation anyway), and end at 10. The rest of the time will be spent letting the people who are attending play some Wii games.

DarkLink567

Smash Journeyman
Aussie-Nintendo has reported that Channel Seven in Australia will be broadcasting a news story on the Wii on Friday 6.00p.m. news. For all we know, we might get a launch date.

Four hours until Japan conference.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Just a heads up:
If you havent been on the IGN Wii page, IGN said there should be big updates late tonight through tomorow.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Cashed, what games are you playing on HD? I'm running 480p games (like Smash and GGXX) on my HDTV, and quite frankly, it's not a signficant upgrade when compared to S-video. . .which disappointed me. Then again, if I was playing some X-Box game in 720p, then I'm sure the difference would be noticeable.
Yeah, I'm playing Xbox 360 games that actually run in HD resolutions. 480p isn't HD, so it's not going to be nice and clear. It's going to be clearer than 480i, but it's not going to be a huge step up.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Tokyo - Wednesday - 8:00pm-2:00am (Thurs)
New York - Thursday - 10:00am-4:00pm

Wait, how many time zones away from new york is Tokyo? What time is the Japan conference in terms of Eastern U.S. time? ;_; I'm so confused.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure that is the US Eastern time. No matter what time zone they're in, they probably wouldn't give a big presentation like this from 8-2 in the morning. I'm pretty sure that's our time.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
I honestly didn't mean it literally. [smart-***]There's just a difference between speaking religiously and informing others of what happened with their system. A big difference.[/smart-***]
Hey, I said he wasn't preaching, he just wasn't being totally objective, that's all. [Smart-*** at your service. :p ]

Man, no new info yet, that sucks. Oh well, I wasn't expecting much anyway.

Relentless16

Smash Apprentice
It appears the majority of the Internet got the time wrong for this press conference. Some are now reporting it will start at 2PM. If and when it does start then, we'll have live blog coverage here.
Sep 13, 2006

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
If you guys start double posting because of "new info" put up a short while after your post, I will warn you. Also, only post if something important comes up, such as the price, not "Iwata is talking about Playstation." If someone puts the price up, don't repost it (I know some of you may be watching it and may post at around the same time, that's fine). Don't just post one-liners such as "omg i knew the price would be that" etc. That's all for now.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
You guys have no idea how funny it was to read this page.

'What time does it start?'

'eight'

'No two'

'What are the time zones'

'Here's a picture of the time zones'

'Ah I have school!'

'spam x3'

Relax. You'll get the info sooner or later.

Top Bottom